Upcoming Q&A With Henrik

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Quite a few of those questions got already answered, and some don't make even sense.

E.g. the security thing with personal data. Steam system will be used so no data is stored by SV.
No to player GMs.
Cheaper donation package for alpha access are planned.
The logging out with pet question doesn't make any sense. My last information is that even the player will stay "in the world", unless logged out in some "save" location, like e.g. a Inn.

Just to name a few.

Vorch21

Jun 3, 2020
To bad - i'm late (has some problem with registrartion)...

Last edited:

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I'm gonna be honest, I only watched the first few questions. I may try to watch more later.

You were distracted, typing, looking away, not paying close attention to his replies.. and the questions were redundant. I'm upset this is how it turned out.

That being said, maybe it gets better as it goes on. Hopefully I work myself up to trying to watch again.

Props for trying, I guess.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I'm gonna be honest, I only watched the first few questions. I may try to watch more later.

You were distracted, typing, looking away, not paying close attention to his replies.. and the questions were redundant. I'm upset this is how it turned out.

That being said, maybe it gets better as it goes on. Hopefully I work myself up to trying to watch again.

Ya i was thinking the same, but it got better once he was situated and all that, I'm like 50 minutes in and enjoying hearing from Henrik directly on some of the stuff, of course not all the questions are winners, but overall I am enjoying it and I appreciate Henrik for doing it, Rolufe for hosting it, and everyone who submitted questions. Thanks!

Reactions: Rolufe and Amadman

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Can someone sum up the most interesting parts? Might watch the whole video at a later time...

Edit:
Just started watching and notice that it's almost 5 hours long. So far I like what I heared! (y)

Summary:
- Next major alpha patch planned for beginning of next week.
- MO2 Aplha only package planned for ~50€(don't remember the exact amount).
- Next released city's will be Meduli or Vadda (being build in parallel).
- No player GM's.
- Player personal data & payment will be handled by external service provider.
- Currently no MO player "tester team", that could leak information or take advantage out of them. Only alpha and internal testing.
- There will be only "alpha" and "persistent state".
- Significiant improvements in AI.
- Heaven as starter island. Possible multiple instances of Heaven to handle large player loads.
- Logout at "camps"/campfires in the wilderness possible (with longer logout time), including pets.
- In muddy terrain/swamplands mounteds or foot fighters with heavy armor will be effected in some way (not to concrete or fixed yet).
- Throwing weapons confirmed.
- No swimming with heavy armor.
- Flagging system still under discussion, but there are some thoughts:
# more regional system. e.g. wanted by the tindremic empire, but friendly with the khurite empire.
# no visible red flag. Player need to keep track on who is wanted by the local empire, and who is not. Guards might give information if a player is wanted.
# possibly there will be a criminal indicator when the player watched a other player commiting a crime.
- Sieging will be harder. You should not take direct economical advantage of a siege (so no deed drop I guess). Sieging should be a "hard commitment" if you have major conflicts with another guild, e.g. due to regional resources and not a random even (who're we going to siege today? :D)
- Defensive siege weapons.
- Guards: they exist but work completely different to MO1. Guards will behave more close to players. Gear needs to be supplied to them. They drop the gear on death. No infinite mana. No infinite arrows. They should do nothing, which a player is not able to do. Different "tiers" of guards basically effect the skills of the guard, e.g. Grandmaster mage -> level 100 mage skill, Novice mage -> level 20 mage skill. But no "superhumans", with e.g. huge amounts of life, etc.
- Walls only close to keeps (not 100% fixed -> balance still in progress). Hnerik does not like the MO1 part with walls everywhere and around a lot of resources.
- Unsure on sliders vs numbers on weapons/armors.
- No poison in the beginning.
- Receipes will be similar to MO1 and the same ones might even work. There are plans to enhance it a bit to make more combination viable.
- Vagons of some kind to transport lagers resources e.g. cut trees.
- (probably) longer times for trees or animal herds to regrow.
- Different type of AI:
# Wildlife that is fleeing from players and needs to be hunted.
# Humanoid AI (including risars).
# "Titans": Special rare monsters with special attacks & treasures. This includes also dragons (through unknown when they will be added). They will turn into some kind of "object" that can be harvested by the players. Or demons. No specific spanwn point.
- Idea with dragons:
# Asleep dragons can be used to create unique items that gain their power from the dragon. Once the dragon dies those items will loose their power.
# This creates conflict between players who want to use the items, and those who want to hunt the dragon for resources.
# Dragon riders.
- In MO1 it makes sense to eighter max a skill, or have it at 0. They want to make it viable to have some of those skills only on 60 or 80...
- Make more races viable by adding unique "skills" to them. To make it more than just comparing stats numbers. E.g. night vision or viewing distance.
Those skills need to be available at release/world turning persistent to not force players to reroll due to new skills, that didn't exist before.
- Fixed keep spot locations.
- TC towers were a nightmare for Henrik. Literally. He got calls by GM's in the middle of the night from GM's due to issues with "unreachable" tc tower.
- Wealth transfer from MO1: e.g. an asset in Tindrem. No direct headstart, but something that gathers value over time, e.g. by a good location of that asset.
- There are secrets in MO1 that were never discovered.
- Trinkets will be in MO2.
- Food system / gray bar system stays the same.
- Potion thirst system stays the same.

Last edited:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Yeah that was a hard pill to swallow, but if its true that there will only be walls around keeps, a little bit of static D might not be too bad.
Why are you people so against guards? It made player made bases safe zones like Henrik intended. Do you not want people to feel safe or is that concept too hardcore for you?

Reactions: Rolufe

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yeah that was a hard pill to swallow, but if its true that there will only be walls around keeps, a little bit of static D might not be too bad.
Was walls only around keeps confirmed too? From what I heard keeps would get stone/metal walls and everyone else wood.

Since they insist on guards I really hope they implement the guard shift suggestion (only guards at specific time window) and they make them respawn slower than every 2 minutes

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Was walls only around keeps confirmed too? From what I heard keeps would get stone/metal walls and everyone else wood.

Since they insist on guards I really hope they implement the guard shift suggestion (only guards at specific time window) and they make them respawn slower than every 2 minutes
Unless I misunderstood something he said it more than once that walls would only be around keeps.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i have doubts about the guard system that henrik outlined. a guard equivalent to a player simply isnt possible. players will always be more creative and find a way to kill the guards with little to no danger to themselves, and simply drain all the resources allocated for those guards in no time.

maybe they will have some use during an active siege where they'll be an extra body to soak damage and help during the combat, but as a static deterrant to other players, i just dont see them being terribly useful unless they are given some kind of advantage vs regular players (more hp, faster, unlimited stamina/mana, etc).

personally i'd rather see TC redone in such a way that guards are not really needed, that players would be required to defend their home and the defenders would have some kind of homefield advantage vs the attackers

-barcode

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Quite a few of those questions got already answered, and some don't make even sense.

E.g. the security thing with personal data. Steam system will be used so no data is stored by SV.
No to player GMs.
Cheaper donation package for alpha access are planned.
The logging out with pet question doesn't make any sense. My last information is that even the player will stay "in the world", unless logged out in some "save" location, like e.g. a Inn.

Just to name a few.
Yea many of them was just to clear a few things up so everyone is more or less on the same page. There was also many questions that ended up overlapping a bit. Few of the questions like the player GMs was among those questions just to make sure we don't get it in MO2

To bad - i'm late (has some problem with registrartion)...

Registration on twtich? It will be on my Youtube in about 1h from now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogMuVSqDAYmJndEtOVP9Lg?

This was also my feeling, but it gets a little better as it goes on. Until i ask him a question from the chat that i probably shouldn't tried to read. A bit too long and complicated so i read it wrong like 3 times. I was getting a bit tired at this point as its probably been like 3h or so at the time. Still super amazed that Henrik had the energy and dedication to talk all way trough the 5h. :) Thanks for the feedback! I will try to do it a bit shorter and more pin point in future Q&As.

Can someone sum up the most interesting parts? Might watch the whole video at a later time...

Edit:
Just started watching and notice that it's almost 5 hours long. So far I like what I heared! (y)

Summary (of what I watched so far):
- Next major alpha patch planned for beginning of next week.
- MO2 Aplha only package planned for ~50€(don't remember the exact amount).
- Next released city's will be Meduli or Vadda (being build in parallel).
- No player GM's.
- Player personal data & payment will be handled by external service provider.
- Currently no MO player "tester team", that could leak information or take advantage out of them. Only alpha and internal testing.
- There will be only "alpha" and "persistent state".
- Significiant improvements in AI.
- Heaven as starter island. Possible multiple instances of Heaven to handle large player loads.
- Logout at "camps"/campfires in the wilderness possible (with longer logout time), including pets.
- In muddy terrain/swamplands mounteds or foot fighters with heavy armor will be effected in some way (not to concrete or fixed yet).
- Throwing weapons confirmed.
- No swimming with heavy armor.
- Flagging system still under discussion, but there are some thoughts:
# more regional system. e.g. wanted by the tindremic empire, but friendly with the khurite empire.
# no visible red flag. Player need to keep track on who is wanted by the local empire, and who is not. Guards might give information if a player is wanted.
# possibly there will be a criminal indicator when the player watched a other player commiting a crime.

There is a few big things in second half about dragons, Keeps, Walls, siege defenses and a few other things.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
A big notable is when he said they were going to instance Haven so that server load is low.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
i have doubts about the guard system that henrik outlined. a guard equivalent to a player simply isnt possible. players will always be more creative and find a way to kill the guards with little to no danger to themselves, and simply drain all the resources allocated for those guards in no time.

maybe they will have some use during an active siege where they'll be an extra body to soak damage and help during the combat, but as a static deterrant to other players, i just dont see them being terribly useful unless they are given some kind of advantage vs regular players (more hp, faster, unlimited stamina/mana, etc).

personally i'd rather see TC redone in such a way that guards are not really needed, that players would be required to defend their home and the defenders would have some kind of homefield advantage vs the attackers

-barcode
Yea i also wonder how the AI will deal with this. Henrik seems very sure they can make it work. So just gotta wait and see. I bet the community can help them come up with something that helps counter the ways people figure out otherwise. :)

I like how they are bringing out more of the lore in the game, the more i like the idea of being a ally too a faction like the Tindremic Empire or the Khurite Empire for example. So it makes more sense you have guards from sad faction as a garrison of your keep and that your guild is out fighting for the faction, against its enemies. I only wonder what impact this will have between guilds. If we will lose reputation with the faction we are with if we fight another guild aligned with the same faction.

There was talk about making more siege defense equipment like oil and that AI was gonna be able to use these things as well.

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
The Video is up on Youtube now. Only did some quick cuts in the Twitch editor so it starts right away.