Twitch Stream Summary September 13th 2023

manure

May 7, 2022
I as reading about the upcoming rules and came to this :

To contrast this Wilderness, the areas around all Guarded Towns will become patrolled by guards of that nation. Although they will be significantly weaker than the guards found inside towns, they will still pose a threat to any would-be bandits who brazenly attack innocent people too close to the town or by a road being patrolled.

The density of these patrols will fall off rather quickly as distance to the town increases, and they will mostly only be found on defined roads.

Jesus... ARE YOU SERIOUS ???

Are they adding MORE guards to this game ???
Werent the 654378239230230 guards inside towns good enough ? Now they re bringing guards OUTSIDE towns as well ?????

Seriously, whats going on with this game ?
Honestly, there couldnt be any worse idea.... Instead of removing guards they are adding even MORE...and OUTSIDE towns now.

Terrible changes.

Oh, and by the way, there was ZERO NEWS ABOUT THIEVING !!
Looks like they want to make this game a carebear land more than an exciting good game.

PLEASE BRING BACK MORTAL ONLINE 2.
This is not the game we paid for. We want the same rules we had before february 2022.
No more candy land stuff.... No more guards.

Reactions: MolagAmur

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I as reading about the upcoming rules and came to this :

To contrast this Wilderness, the areas around all Guarded Towns will become patrolled by guards of that nation. Although they will be significantly weaker than the guards found inside towns, they will still pose a threat to any would-be bandits who brazenly attack innocent people too close to the town or by a road being patrolled.

The density of these patrols will fall off rather quickly as distance to the town increases, and they will mostly only be found on defined roads.

Jesus... ARE YOU SERIOUS ???

Are they adding MORE guards to this game ???
Werent the 654378239230230 guards inside towns good enough ? Now they re bringing guards OUTSIDE towns as well ?????

Seriously, whats going on with this game ?
Honestly, there couldnt be any worse idea.... Instead of removing guards they are adding even MORE...and OUTSIDE towns now.

Terrible changes.

Oh, and by the way, there was ZERO NEWS ABOUT THIEVING !!
Looks like they want to make this game a carebear land more than an exciting good game.

PLEASE BRING BACK MORTAL ONLINE 2.
This is not the game we paid for. We want the same rules we had before february 2022.
No more candy land stuff.... No more guards.
Yeah looks like everywhere will be like meduli.... I hope they dont plan to add guards to the sewers as well, the last place to get small scale pvp in this game

manure

May 7, 2022
Yeah looks like everywhere will be like meduli.... I hope they dont plan to add guards to the sewers as well, the last place to get small scale pvp in this game
I dont know man... I have been slain by town guards deep down the Fabernum Dungeon TWICE already, for example... It wouldnt surprise me if they placed some kind of guard camp inside all sewers,.,.

Come on now... Whats the point in making a "wilderness area"... Whats gonna change ? We already have people attacking each others in all dungeons in the world. This pathetic reputation system never prevented that to happen.

Just dont put any guards outside towns to "compensate"wilderness areas, GOD DAMN IT !
People want quick spots for small scale fights,.,. We dont want to ride 30 minutes to find pvp in the middle of nowhere.
USE YOUR BRAIN, devs !!

Imagine how lame...you find some Outlaws, start fighting them ...and as you move, you suddenly find a patrol of TOWN GUARDS.,,. The guards then kill the god damn Outlaws and you lose all the freaking loot...
ALL BECAUSE SOME BRAINLESS DEV. FELT IT WAS NECESSARY TO PROTECT SOME PLAYERS OUTSIDE TOWNS !!

This is unbelievable.
Give us Mortal online 2 back, please !

Reactions: Rhias

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Mortal has become so far off from what it used to be years ago.

As for the guards roaming outside of town...yeah that shit was in MO1. Nobody likes it. It didn't protect anyone either, was just a nuisance.

Really need a new company to copy MO.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
whine louder, they can't hear you

Are you Henrik? haha. Let's talk a bit. I don't foresee investing time in Mo2 in the near future due to circumstance, but you guys are really blowing it. I know you know you are blowing it, and it sucks. You are going to be referred to as a member of the dev team by me because you are the biggest dev stan, and I don't understand how that is possible.

It's not about whining or people not getting what they want, it's about the actual game getting worse and directionless and making MO1 look like a masterclass in design. IF the only metric you guys are using is steam charts, you might say this game is more successful than MO1. By every other one, the fact that NOTHING IS HAPPENING. There is NO HISTORY. A SANDBOX WITH NO HISTORY. MO1 had people writing down the history haha. There is so much wrong with this game, and it hurts a little more with each bad decision. It's like watching a friend fall into addiction. What can you do? MO2 is actually at rock bottom. Rock bottom was launchfail. They ignored it and built on it because I think they felt they had no choice. You guys made a really bad decision at that point. You believe you can salvage the game by catering to a different crowd, but it's not going to work because the danger, etc was what brought even the pve people to MO.

Check out this line: "some not at all insignificant new systems" -- even the person who writes those summaries is having a hard time coping. Imagine that as an advertisement or stamp on a product. "Hemorrhoid cream: not at all ineffective!" In silver letters with a star after it. STOP IT. We want to help. This is an intervention. We are here. The game can be good again. It will be OK.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Dude, the world does not consist of you only, your addictions harm both you and everyone around you. Come to terms with the fact that the world is constantly changing and you are just insignificant grains in it.

Reactions: Xunila

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dude, the world does not consist of you only, your addictions harm both you and everyone around you. Come to terms with the fact that the world is constantly changing and you are just insignificant grains in it.

That's not how I would start off an intervention, but at least you got the spirit right. I would start with more like, what happened, man? I remember back when we used to have so much fun together. Now, all you do is sit in your room and hide from criticism. The people outside the door want to help you. They are not your enemies.

I care about you. I care about Henrik. I dunno if I 'like' you guys yet, but I could, potentially. I've met a lot of good guys here that some people might not think are good guys at first glance. Gotta dig deeper! First, you gotta find yourself. It's kind of metaphorical for SV. Both you / devs / Henrik have to find yourself. It's hard. Life is super super hard. Trust me, I know. A lot of us have been thru hard times, too. We are not insignificant, but a lot of things in life cannot be changed: true. However, when something can be changed and isn't changed due to some beef, some refusal to admit they were wrong, sheer arrogance, that's when the world starts having problems. People are still going to die. People are still going to suffer, but a lot of the world's problems hinge on people refusing to listen and not actually fostering relationships with others. That's why they turn inwards. It's sad to watch.

I am the hand always reaching out to you, Henrik! I want your game to be good. You can have money AND win back all of the people who used to be your buds. Your life can move on. Like I said, I get it. I, too, have been through rough stuff in life. Rough stuff helps turn us into stronger, better people. You never know when things will get worse or you won't be able to fix it. You never know when you have gone too far, so the best thing to do is to start trying to fix the problem now!

-yaboy

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
That's not how I would start off an intervention, but at least you got the spirit right. I would start with more like, what happened, man? I remember back when we used to have so much fun together. Now, all you do is sit in your room and hide from criticism. The people outside the door want to help you. They are not your enemies.

I care about you. I care about Henrik. I dunno if I 'like' you guys yet, but I could, potentially. I've met a lot of good guys here that some people might not think are good guys at first glance. Gotta dig deeper! First, you gotta find yourself. It's kind of metaphorical for SV. Both you / devs / Henrik have to find yourself. It's hard. Life is super super hard. Trust me, I know. A lot of us have been thru hard times, too. We are not insignificant, but a lot of things in life cannot be changed: true. However, when something can be changed and isn't changed due to some beef, some refusal to admit they were wrong, sheer arrogance, that's when the world starts having problems. People are still going to die. People are still going to suffer, but a lot of the world's problems hinge on people refusing to listen and not actually fostering relationships with others. That's why they turn inwards. It's sad to watch.

I am the hand always reaching out to you, Henrik! I want your game to be good. You can have money AND win back all of the people who used to be your buds. Your life can move on. Like I said, I get it. I, too, have been through rough stuff in life. Rough stuff helps turn us into stronger, better people. You never know when things will get worse or you won't be able to fix it. You never know when you have gone too far, so the best thing to do is to start trying to fix the problem now!

-yaboy
you'd better dig into your head yourself, you have too many cockroaches there😁

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Red names and the player protection actually seems like a long needed good change. Finally there will be some actual reason to not be a murderer, and can't hide behind the blue name. I welcome the guarded cities personally, as it makes sense that cities are not free-for-all areas, and the additional protection a bit outside of it is also good, it's not great to be trapped in the cities as a new player etc. with ppl just waiting at the border.

The tasks.. hard to say how good those will be, some cape skin as the only reward doesn't motivate many ppl, but will see. Adding anything to do is always a positive when there is so little solo content.

No matter what certain people who enjoyed some past fossil of a game want, in modern games we basically need to have some defined areas for PvP, Albion does this too and it does it a lot better than this implementation will, but still. It's okay for not every area be PvP accessible, even in a "hardcore" full-loot PvP game. And here you still CAN attack people even in guarded zones, although it is pretty pointless.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The murderer red names coming back and being able to fight in towns again sounds good tbh. Might not have to roam 1h for pvp after all

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
The murderer red names coming back and being able to fight in towns again sounds good tbh. Might not have to roam 1h for pvp after all
yes, yes, all the reds will also be greeted with honors and flowers, and everyone will be given a personal palace with servants

• Haha
Reactions: ElPerro

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

yes. I dunno why they didn't add in reds and make them open pvp. If they made red open pvp as the only punishment, that would fix the whole flag system. No need for rep or anything haha. Let reds fight reds. Let them enter towns just be reds. IF they are especially hated, then dudes would group up and be ready to try to attack them as they left. Seems to make sense, but yakno...

edit: lol also Mel you are a funny dude. It's a bit of a chuckle that I have now "activated" you. Hope MO becomes good, for everyone!

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
yes. I dunno why they didn't add in reds and make them open pvp. If they made red open pvp as the only punishment, that would fix the whole flag system. No need for rep or anything haha. Let reds fight reds. Let them enter towns just be reds. IF they are especially hated, then dudes would group up and be ready to try to attack them as they left. Seems to make sense, but yakno...

edit: lol also Mel you are a funny dude. It's a bit of a chuckle that I have now "activated" you. Hope MO becomes good, for everyone!
your whining excites me, you haven't been around for a long time and it was boring and dull

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
excites me,

prol cuz I actually care. If you get over your ego and listen to what I and other people are saying, you might realize there is, at the very least, a point of compromise. Nobody wants to see the pop dwindle. Nobody wants to see MO2 go out like this.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
prol cuz I actually care. If you get over your ego and listen to what I and other people are saying, you might realize there is, at the very least, a point of compromise. Nobody wants to see the pop dwindle. Nobody wants to see MO2 go out like this.
I'm interested in your personal opinion. Has Eve online become better or worse, now that she has been promoted in full? it seems to me that such an increase in popularity and in this way turned that game into a piece of shit. I personally hate even looking in there, not even to play. and initially it was a masterpiece

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
the desire to please everyone in order to increase popularity turns the product into a porridge of feces and various vomit

Reactions: Locke