Twitch Stream Summary September 13th 2023

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
if we draw an analogy, then there are such concepts as fashion and style. so the fashion is mainly followed by mass cattle, which are the majority, but in this case it is a style and few will always follow the style

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm interested in your personal opinion. Has Eve online become better or worse, now that she has been promoted in full? it seems to me that such an increase in popularity and in this way turned that game into a piece of shit. I personally hate even looking in there, not even to play. and initially it was a masterpiece

my brother, I have never played eve nor do I have a desire to play. I have played other games, but they are not like MO, which has unique hurdles to overcome. There will always be a battle between PvP people and PvE people because, in truth, the 'best and most influential' players are probably a mixture of both, and know how to do both well. People who suck at PvP will not like how someone will just come up and take their stuff. People who find PvE to be boring or hate things like "having to sit down to get rid of a grey bar / resource system etc" will continue to push for the game to be more streamlined toward that. For MO, both are important, although as I have suggested, it's completely possible to have 2 different instances of the game with different mechanics. MO people don't realize what an interesting engine they are sitting on, and how they are shitting it up with v suspect changes.

There is also the easier idea of MAKING THE GAME GOOD FOR EVERYONE, which requires a bit more work, but it's very possible. The only downside to that is that SV has not proved they can get more than 2k people on their server, and that's such a small limit that the idea of multiple servers is almost 'the obvious choice.'

Stuff like adding a task system so that people have stuff to do... carrot and stick gameplay, it's just a waste of time. If you can't find something to do in MO you are derping OR (and this is actually an issue, too) THERE ISN'T ENOUGH STUFF TO DO.

The appealing to the masses argument is not working because this game is not appealing to the masses. The actual truth is what it was at launch, which wasn't 'supposed' to appeal 'massively,' oversold so much that it actually destroyed the long term prospects of the game. SV is not good at crisis management. The game is fine as it is. MO1 was fine as it was except for the fact it was JANKY. MO2 is not as janky. MO1 w/ MO2's polish, everything copied... even if you did it copy way before meteors or trinkets or w/e... before sardu... would be a resounding success in today's market.

That's another thing we need to say: SV was gifted BY GOD a window in MMO history where EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE is absolute DOGSHIT or 10+ years old. A window where people are seeing the limitations of freemium gameplay and are cool with paying a sub. They come up with this 1 char per acct "I can't log in" shit... imagine being in a game where you have to log in and log out but you can't switch chars when the game is too full. R I P.

Again, let's rewind to launch day. Here I am. I go farm GY a lil... my boy oykd had a similar idea, he threw on Anatomy for 2.5 and I threw on taming. Yo I grabbed some horses :O that's how ahead of the curve I was. I was playing, I had multiple accts. The game started to chop, though. I was like man, this shit is gonna drop, I'll log on later. "I'LL LOG ON LATER." Apparently everyone with sense just stayed logged in. And that's what we got w/ our single server game that 'needed to be changed to appeal to the masses.' 10k people on launch day and not a chance of getting on once you logged out.

YOU GUYS have to LISTEN. The game can be FIXED even now. Time is passing. Stop being arrogant. Go tell Henrik if you aren't him... we are not against you, buddo. Some of us are more annoyed by your refusal to bend. I just think it's really sad to waste this chance, this game... when even the people who you don't see on the forum (lol Tzone wuzup??) would be back in an instant if the game got some good changes.

The kind of changes they are making are not the right changes. PEOPLE ALREADY OWN THE GAME. You just have to get them to log in again haha. It's almost like SV wants to re-market the game into slug freemium pve-ers who they think are gonna sub. It ain't happenin'. PASS THE MESSAGE.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
my brother, I have never played eve nor do I have a desire to play. I have played other games, but they are not like MO, which has unique hurdles to overcome. There will always be a battle between PvP people and PvE people because, in truth, the 'best and most influential' players are probably a mixture of both, and know how to do both well. People who suck at PvP will not like how someone will just come up and take their stuff. People who find PvE to be boring or hate things like "having to sit down to get rid of a grey bar / resource system etc" will continue to push for the game to be more streamlined toward that. For MO, both are important, although as I have suggested, it's completely possible to have 2 different instances of the game with different mechanics. MO people don't realize what an interesting engine they are sitting on, and how they are shitting it up with v suspect changes.

There is also the easier idea of MAKING THE GAME GOOD FOR EVERYONE, which requires a bit more work, but it's very possible. The only downside to that is that SV has not proved they can get more than 2k people on their server, and that's such a small limit that the idea of multiple servers is almost 'the obvious choice.'

Stuff like adding a task system so that people have stuff to do... carrot and stick gameplay, it's just a waste of time. If you can't find something to do in MO you are derping OR (and this is actually an issue, too) THERE ISN'T ENOUGH STUFF TO DO.

The appealing to the masses argument is not working because this game is not appealing to the masses. The actual truth is what it was at launch, which wasn't 'supposed' to appeal 'massively,' oversold so much that it actually destroyed the long term prospects of the game. SV is not good at crisis management. The game is fine as it is. MO1 was fine as it was except for the fact it was JANKY. MO2 is not as janky. MO1 w/ MO2's polish, everything copied... even if you did it copy way before meteors or trinkets or w/e... before sardu... would be a resounding success in today's market.

That's another thing we need to say: SV was gifted BY GOD a window in MMO history where EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE is absolute DOGSHIT or 10+ years old. A window where people are seeing the limitations of freemium gameplay and are cool with paying a sub. They come up with this 1 char per acct "I can't log in" shit... imagine being in a game where you have to log in and log out but you can't switch chars when the game is too full. R I P.

Again, let's rewind to launch day. Here I am. I go farm GY a lil... my boy oykd had a similar idea, he threw on Anatomy for 2.5 and I threw on taming. Yo I grabbed some horses :O that's how ahead of the curve I was. I was playing, I had multiple accts. The game started to chop, though. I was like man, this shit is gonna drop, I'll log on later. "I'LL LOG ON LATER." Apparently everyone with sense just stayed logged in. And that's what we got w/ our single server game that 'needed to be changed to appeal to the masses.' 10k people on launch day and not a chance of getting on once you logged out.

YOU GUYS have to LISTEN. The game can be FIXED even now. Time is passing. Stop being arrogant. Go tell Henrik if you aren't him... we are not against you, buddo. Some of us are more annoyed by your refusal to bend. I just think it's really sad to waste this chance, this game... when even the people who you don't see on the forum (lol Tzone wuzup??) would be back in an instant if the game got some good changes.

The kind of changes they are making are not the right changes. PEOPLE ALREADY OWN THE GAME. You just have to get them to log in again haha. It's almost like SV wants to re-market the game into slug freemium pve-ers who they think are gonna sub. It ain't happenin'. PASS THE MESSAGE.
Drink medicine, your ass is ill