The Return Of Red Names Confirmed

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Was watching Lordus's stream and one of the Dev's was in there and confirmed they are coming back in some form or another. This is great news and will make a ton of people happy, thank you MO2. This is the kind of news I wish Henrik would drop in his streams.

RedNames.PNG

manure

May 7, 2022
The story repeats itself...

Developers start trying to protect people from pks, and the game dies because of that.

Every good full loot game has the same fate...
Starts amazing in the first years and then gets destroyed by their own creators.
The reason is always the same : "we need to protect players from pks"

Happened to Ultima Online.
Happened to Darkfall online
Happened to Mortal Online 1
And is about to happen on Mortal Online 2.

Now lets wait for the next full loot mmo in order to have fun in the first years too...

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022

Developers start trying to protect people from pks, and the game dies because of that.

Starts amazing in the first years and then gets destroyed by their own creators.

Now lets wait for the next full loot mmo in order to have fun in the first years too...
I see it as 2 factions, the Reds and the Blues and I think that's a good thing. It gives the "good guys" people to go hunt as well.

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
Nonsense! Flagging systems are a badge of honor and do not prevent PVP, quite to the contrary, they identify a player as someone who is always ready to fight any time.

You want to gank noobs in town? Go for it, but since you do it indiscriminately, now everyone can do it to you without penalty. What is unfair about that? And how does it block PvP? You are going to get attacked left right and center everywhere you go, sounds like you are going to get plenty of PVP

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022

What happened in MO1?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm all for the return of red names, at the same time I also like the system they have now.

The first thing is if you have the skull icon on your name then you need to be prepared to not die. Otherwise it's a long trip back to where you died due to the distance of red priests. It means PKs are going to take the necessary measures to ensure that they come out on top. That's why I see PKs always travelling in large groups, when I see them in the dungeons and I get cornered I don't even bother to resist or fight anymore because there's zero chance of me surviving anyway since I travel solo 99% of the time.

To be perfectly honest, I think this is a good thing because it means PKs aren't just being casual anymore. They're being serious about it.

The second thing is that there are bounty hunters who are randomly selected to hunt down PKs so there is that additional layer of deterrence that is not only effective in my opinion but also feels natural and organic for those who enjoy ARPK. It's not like UO that just did the absolute worst thing possible by creating Trammel and Felucca and adding item insurance. But then again, UO was effectively run by EA so no surprises there.

I think SV struck a good balance here with the blue and red/wolves and sheep eternal battle without resorting to the brain-dead and arbitrary methods that killed off UO and others like Legends of Aria.

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
I hope they don’t over complicate flagging this much. It should be simple leaving the execution of consequences to the players not game systems.

No red priest, no town banning, no actual consequences mechanically.

You are Red flagged, it means your a killer and can be killed by other players anywhere any time without causing consequences to other players. You are free game, that’s it. Enforcing penalties for being red is up to the other players.

Reactions: CherryKush

manure

May 7, 2022
I hope they don’t over complicate flagging this much. It should be simple leaving the execution of consequences to the players not game systems.

No red priest, no town banning, no actual consequences mechanically.

You are Red flagged, it means your a killer and can be killed by other players anywhere any time without causing consequences to other players. You are free game, that’s it. Enforcing penalties for being red is up to the other players.
Yes !
Simple and just.

No need to make any ridiculous complex rules.
That is it.
Let the players have their vengeance against reds, not game mechanisms.

If a player decides to go red, he needs to accept being attacked anywhere, even inside towns.
So, that would make his life miserable, and he would need to choose empty towns to safely bank... or walk in shadows inside crowded towns, but always knowing that he could be attacked anywhere.

Thats exciting for both sides... to blues and to reds, while it is fair at the same time.

Reactions: CherryKush

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
One thing that might make sense from a strictly RP point of view is that guards in town would maintain law and order so they should break up fights in the city limits but it shouldn’t be based on flagging. Again keep it simple, if you start a fight, doesn’t matter if your red or blue, if it’s blue on red or red on blue, they take you down. I mean it’s a city, why would guards let people kill each other in the streets of the city.

It should be based on guard vision or range from guards and it should not be “auto death”. Guards should be something you can escape and even fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tukha

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
You would get statloss as a red and be banned from towns
The downfall of MO1 was the announcement of MO2. The whole banning reds from town was a bad mechanic but it wasn’t a new mechanic, in open world pvp games this was a traditional mechanic that existed in towns in every pvp/full loot game to that point.

I don’t think people who PK should be banned from town, the flagging element should only exclude penalties and flagging for blues that kill reds. It should just be a tag that says, hey I’m a killer of blues, a criminal and I can be killed without penalty.

The point of any good mechanic in a full loot pvp game should be to encourage fighting.

Regardless this town banning element discourages fighting and I agree that is bad for the game. We want PVP, else why would you play a full loot-PvP game?

Since this announcement did not offer any details, I think people are jumping to conclusions. Red flagging is a term not a defined mechanic, it needs to be defined, then we can argue it’s merits.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
For the particularly stupid- this game is NOT PVP .

what is mortal online 2?​

lineanddot.png
Mortal Online 2 is a first – person fantasy MMORPG like no other.
A persistent sandbox world filled with thousands of players, together they fill the realm of Nave with content and unique stories.
Mortal Online 2 is first and foremost a player – driven game. It is the players who gather resources, craft goods, set up trade routes, build houses, fortifications, and villages – wage wars, or keep the peace.

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
For the particularly stupid- this game is NOT PVP .

what is mortal online 2?​

lineanddot.png
Mortal Online 2 is a first – person fantasy MMORPG like no other.
A persistent sandbox world filled with thousands of players, together they fill the realm of Nave with content and unique stories.
Mortal Online 2 is first and foremost a player – driven game. It is the players who gather resources, craft goods, set up trade routes, build houses, fortifications, and villages – wage wars, or keep the peace.
Nonsense. You quoted only part of the sales pitch to make your straw man work.

Mortal Online is a full-loot, open world PVP game. The issue people have are with specific rules in how that is executed which we can discuss like grown ups or act like children.

If you have a point to make, make it, but if your just going to make things up and cry about it how about you just let the grown ups talk.

What you choose to do in Nave is entirely up to you.

Stay in the relative safety of protected cities, or risk venturing out into uncharted regions for resources and treasure, or seek out monsters of legend to test your mettle.

Fight and kill other players – or protect the people around you from marauders and mischief, for bounties or renown.

Profit from gathering, taming, refining, crafting, construction, trade, protection, and more.

Join a guild to compete for trade or territory, build keeps and engage in epic wars.

Last edited:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Nonsense. You quoted only part of the sales pitch to make your straw man work.

Mortal Online is a full-loot, open world PVP game. The issue people have are with specific rules in how that is executed which we can discuss like grown ups or act like children.

If you have a point to make, make it, but if your just going to make things up and cry about it how about you just let the grown ups talk.

What you choose to do in Nave is entirely up to you.

Stay in the relative safety of protected cities, or risk venturing out into uncharted regions for resources and treasure, or seek out monsters of legend to test your mettle.

Fight and kill other players – or protect the people around you from marauders and mischief, for bounties or renown.

Profit from gathering, taming, refining, crafting, construction, trade, protection, and more.

Join a guild to compete for trade or territory, build keeps and engage in epic wars.
you confirmed my previous words with this:giggle:

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023

The only full loot games that have any population are the ones that have solo and casual friendly mechanics/game code- OSRS/EVE/ALBION

You are full of delusion if you think you can alienate the biggest market share and have a successful game, I don't care what vision you had or have, you simply cannot and if you are objective and have observed the full-loot MMO sphere for the last two decades you will agree with me. The predatory players or (veterans) as they are called have no loyalty. They will follow the action 9 times out of 10. So if a new game that comes along and everyone goes to play that one...so will your veterans.

The trick? Build a good game. Bring in that population so your predators have no reason to leave. Mortal has the luxury of being the only 3d full-loot MMO in the market right now which is why it has a 1300 player population and not a 0. Everything else is a 2d side scroller or spaceship spreadsheets. You have to consider there are games like AOC on the horizon who will directly compete with Mortal. Who do you think the casuals will choose? Then when they leave, will the predators stay in a low population environment...because loyalty?

Be objective and be rationale, this is a good change but it's not enough. Game needs overhauled and quickly before someone else does what Mortal is trying to do... better.

1687914786565070.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkWizz and Gnidex

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
you confirmed my previous words with this:giggle:
The only thing that is confirmed is that you make vague and pointlessly insulting statements against members of the community and you think it makes you clever but actually makes your opinion irrelevant. Mortal Online is a 13 year old franchise, it’s all evidence required to prove its success.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
The only thing that is confirmed is that you make vague and pointlessly insulting statements against members of the community and you think it makes you clever but actually makes your opinion irrelevant. Mortal Online is a 13 year old franchise, it’s all evidence required to prove its success.
those members of the community you're talking about turned the first mortal into a piece of shit, I would not like a repeat of this success

xguild

Jun 30, 2023
those members of the community you're talking about turned the first mortal into a piece of shit, I would not like a repeat of this success
You don’t really know much about the state of things do you?

Mortal Online 2 will be lucky if it can replicate the success of its predecessor. That community your craping on is the only hope MO2 has, at the current level, I doubt there are enough players to sustain the game. MO2 needs to grow a lot and you and your my way or the highway kine are simply to small of a community to be relevant, no offense. It’s just the facts. The sort of game your asking for is simply not marketable and Henrik already knows this. It’s why these changes are coming and it’s how this game will grow the needed population to be successful.

Your pissing against the wind, these changes are inevitable.