The Mana while resting nerf was too extreme.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
they brought this up on the last podcast, all these MAs complaining that a Fat mage running and healing is op.... but mages only get to pick one of two, offense or defense, when on horse, you cant, and dont have time for both unless your opponent misses 2-3 arrows at a time. if the mage is running and gets a heal spell off while you're hitting him, or his horse, if he casts an offensive spell... and waits for spell range to hit you, that's a dead fat mage. unless your aim is off, because with interrupt, he wont get a heal off in time to matter especially if it's a G. Heal, any weakspot is GG. So i'm going to ask what they asked on the podcast, is it OP that he cant kill you, and just be on the defensive? he's no threat to you how is that OP?
Again, you're also basing this off of the worst players in the game. Not the S tier players. You're asking for a master yi nerf in a bronze game. You're explaining nothing of rationality to me. You're simply just trying to prove a point. It's just not valid. I understand how the game works. It just seems you do not.

Second, nobody throws a great heal unless we have potato aim. Why is this? It's not mana efficient if you can land 3 lesser heals and have the same outcome with the same mana pool. If you need to throw a greater healer the dude probably deserved to die anyways. How we use mana as a mage is equally just as important as stam usage as a footy.

Third, you can't base a mage to a mounted mage. It's entirely different mechanics. Mounted is just op on so many different levels its absurd.

As a final note, there is a rock paper scissors type in this game. Mages melt melee, bows melt mages, and melee stickies mages. When you throw this on a mount it all goes out the window. You don't die on a mount if you don't want to. OR, you're really bad at the game.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
People are very delusional in this game. Some times they say the most illogical and wrong things, not explain them, and then claim they had.
Either that or they are trolling or actually delusional and pretending to troll. Some people have told me they come here and lie to "troll" maybe hes one of them.
yes, i guess they just dont understand + dont remember what they and others wrote + defending your ego always comes with lies to yourself without even noticing. everyone can go into this rabbit hole by just missing some facts or having the wrong "logic" and this is why we have a discussion. hes not a troll but a passionate texter. as you can see his stand points leaded to some new ideas but i hope that the readers dont follow the loudest but their own brains so bad suggestions wont have an impact.
in the end his stand point can be the best way for MO2 (even tho everyone disagrees including me) but you only know when players exchange their ideas and test it ingame because this will include all factors (balance, fun, playability, abuses and so on)

Last edited:

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
First of all, you can't point out a dudes "opinion" when he has HEAVY BIAS about his own product. I'm going ahead and just ignoring the fact that you'd even say such a silly thing. I'll go ahead and use my common sense here.

Second of all, "abusing mechanics" is just what the game's law is. If the game lets me priest camp blue players with wardecs does that mean I'm abusing mechanics? Maybe, orrrr, maybe the game just shouldn't have such terrible mechanics. It's weird, because you want to rest with 0 armor penalty as well. Seems, we are both "abusing mechanics." Same with everybody complaining about mana regen while resting. Anyways, I'm done with emotional talk, come at me when your head isn't foggy.

But dude, they are saying change the base mechanic so that it is a feature and no longer an abuse, because the current style of play is lame.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
But dude, they are saying change the base mechanic so that it is a feature and no longer an abuse, because the current style of play is lame.
Right, it is lame. Mages are lame, so I play mage. I'm telling you this the best way I can. You have to be super careful on how you tweek mages. They will be out of control if their regen is buffed.

Not boo hoo, it sucks killing risars, so buff me please. This is a pvp game, not a pve based game. We have to choose what we balance around. 90% of the people crying about the change are strictly talking about the PVE aspect. Do they want their cake and eat it tooo?

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
paladins shouldnt regen mana while resting in 15/26 armor weight, but mages with 3/9 should regen pretty fast even without meditation imo.. just how it was on MO1

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
paladins shouldnt regen mana while resting in 15/26 armor weight, but mages with 3/9 should regen pretty fast even without meditation imo.. just how it was on MO1
there is a reason why MO1 is dead... its rly a bad reference imo.

Reactions: For Sure

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
there is a reason why MO1 is dead... its rly a bad reference imo.
paladins with 100mana and 15/26kg armor shouldnt regen mana while resting. Thats mages privilege.
and..they need to increase the time to wear armor pieces

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
paladins with 100mana and 15/26kg armor shouldnt regen mana while resting. Thats mages privilege
well ok, first you need to fix the part that you can take off your armor parts because every "paladin" can make hisself to a "mage". then i just disagree because the nerf that you have bad armor regen while standing is enough (which is easy to balance).
i think they should add a timer to the resting skill from where on your mana regen gets to its full potential so no one needs to think about the possibility to use the resting skill in an active combat situation, which is the whole point of a nerf in the first place.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
well ok, first you need to fix the part that you can take off your armor parts because every "paladin" can make hisself to a "mage". then i just disagree because the nerf that you have bad armor regen while standing is enough (which is easy to balance).
i think they should add a timer to the resting skill from where on your mana regen gets to its full potential so no one needs to think about the possibility to use the resting skill in an active combat situation, which is the whole point of a nerf in the first place.
Example? As in after 10 seconds of resting your mana regen ups in value. Then lets say you hit the 30 second mark and its max?

If so not a bad idea, but if we think about seiges and how it will effect that it still touches pvp aspects. I'm not entirely sold on it, though its helps pve. Most of the time mages are so far in the back anyways with zero threat especially in large scale battles. It kind of kills the aspect of the spiritism mana spell. I'm not entirely sure what its called. Spiritism already sucks, and this basically removes that ability from the game. I've deff sat for long durations of time during a large scale battle lol.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Example? As in after 10 seconds of resting your mana regen ups in value. Then lets say you hit the 30 second mark and its max?

If so not a bad idea, but if we think about seiges and how it will effect that it still touches pvp aspects. I'm not entirely sold on it, though its helps pve. Most of the time mages are so far in the back anyways with zero threat especially in large scale battles. It kind of kills the aspect of the spiritism mana spell. I'm not entirely sure what its called. Spiritism already sucks, and this basically removes that ability from the game. I've deff sat for long durations of time during a large scale battle lol.
maybe a 5 second timer is enough, after that everyone gets 100% mana regen (HP?) and before the 5 second mark 0%, to avoid sitting in small scale battles.
resting is then more what the word says it is: resting and not leeching 3 mana points in a split second. it can change the mage play to a better, less stressful more balanced and tactical combat.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
As a final note, there is a rock paper scissors type in this game. Mages melt melee, bows melt mages, and melee stickies mages. When you throw this on a mount it all goes out the window. You don't die on a mount if you don't want to. OR, you're really bad at the game.

this one is special. that's not rock paper scissors I think it's time to go back to math class 2 of your classes there beat mages and mage doesn't "beat" melee haven't seen a mage in a tournament fight this entire time... not once so your logic is as flawed as your outlook on this game, it's biased and emotional and I cant see having a rational convo so have a good day and enjoy those drugs or the dream world you live in.

Piet

May 28, 2020
do you realize that we talk about armor impact on the resting skill and all the little problems with that, this has very little to do with your "oghmir in steel needs nerf" because you can undergo it by just binding your armor parts to a key which everyone has to do now, not talking about the fact that everything beside sitting is not part of the discussion so people agree that heavy armor must have some kind of negative impact.
i dont know how you come to the conclusion that i defend some builds. the fact that you talk about YOUR build (buff or nerf doesnt matter) shows me that you just talk for YOU and arguing with: "I am making logical well presented reasons" when i presented you the fix is the next step in the funny corner.
i know you will talk on and on until no one has the energy to explain it for you, like talking to a little kid.
See here. Still not a single reason and you are trying to deflect the impacts of a revert. If fat mages can wear heavy armor because they can just rest in it then there will be fat mages in Ogh. Simple as that. You're not thinking of the impacts of what your reverting and adding back in a bug would have you are just thinking of any potential ways it benefits you. Think of the reasons.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Although I very much disagree with Piet and his view on this subject, I won't say he is delusional or illogical. His points make sense to me, his assumptions he bases his arguments on, though, are wrong imo.
See there is some logic. At least you use your brain. If people can do something like that they will especially because if you dive a mage in Ogh they can essentially ignore you. I personally know many people who planned on doing it if they left the mana regen as it was.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
maybe a 5 second timer is enough, after that everyone gets 100% mana regen (HP?) and before the 5 second mark 0%, to avoid sitting in small scale battles.
resting is then more what the word says it is: resting and not leeching 3 mana points in a split second. it can change the mage play to a better, less stressful more balanced and tactical combat.
5 seconds lol. Do you not realize how busted mages are?

Piet

May 28, 2020
5 seconds lol. Do you not realize how busted mages are?
Good luck trying to get him to see any sort of logic bro. He want's full heaviest most op armor mages because he plays one. Won't listen to any reason and doesn't care if it hurts the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah