The Mana while resting nerf was too extreme.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
""Fixed issue whereas Mana recovered while resting was not impacted by armor weight. ""

^This is patch note from the latest patch 0.1.8.4 I am speaking about. I even do understand and probably agree with their reasoning for doing this in the first place. A paladin wearing heavy armor being able to sit down with 100 meditation and getting very good mana regen during some down time is probably too strong, or at the very least counters the balance between wearing heavy armor and the mana penalties they suffer for this in the first place.

The problem is, now as a PURE mage with 100 meditation my mana regen while sitting is horrible. Even taking off half my armor going down to 3 weight and resting with 100 meditation I can extremely feel the impact of this change to the point where spending 100 primary points on meditation feels useless but on the flip side, I can't even imagine what the regen while sitting without med must be right now.

I am not asking to revert the change, I am simply going to suggest that the scaling for the penalty be much more reduced for people in lighter armor, which I imagine was supposed to be the point of this change regardless as I doubt this change was supposed to make people in 5-10 armor weight have horrible regen while resting as well. It makes no sense why a pure mage should have non-existent mana regen with light armor while resting especially if spending 100 points into meditation. The skill med is 100% useless anyways if this remains the case.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I am asking for a revert. They said they were fixing a bug or something but that was a feature that made hybrids and paladins viable.
Even as a mage trying to do PvE its hurts your ability to sustain a farm for long even when you killl slowler at PvE.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
armor weight should no impact resting.
everyone has to bind 2-5 armor pieces now to his action bar and strip yourself naked everytime you sit which is super annoying.
it does NOT make PvP or PvE better.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
armor weight should no impact resting.
everyone has to bind 2-5 armor pieces now to his action bar and strip yourself naked everytime you sit which is super annoying.
it does NOT make PvP or PvE better.
Agreed, it doesnt even make sense logically, if you are sitting down the armor would have way less impact on you because you are not holding it all up with your own strength, you resting it on the ground..

Mana regen was honestly fine the way it was IMO.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Although I wish they will completely revert it back to as it was (and I've been called ridiculous because of it), I do feel for mages with light armour being nerfed aswell.

Alternatively, revert back to the previous Intelligence Damage scaling.

Piet

May 28, 2020
You have heavy armor weight for a mage. Go down to 2 weight if you want better regen. The idea is to make it so there's incentive for mages to wear lighter armor. The bug that was bypassing mana regen armor effects was fixed to make it so there's more classes basically. There's a reason for medium armor on hybrids instead of just heavy and not every mage may as well wear heavy and just rest. Admittedly though they should have also reverted the int curve change that was intended to work along with this. Which is what iv been saying since the int curve change that it didn't make sense to change without fixing this bug first.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
You have heavy armor weight for a mage. Go down to 2 weight if you want better regen. The idea is to make it so there's incentive for mages to wear lighter armor. The bug that was bypassing mana regen armor effects was fixed to make it so there's more classes basically. There's a reason for medium armor on hybrids instead of just heavy and not every mage may as well wear heavy and just rest. Admittedly though they should have also reverted the int curve change that was intended to work along with this. Which is what iv been saying since the int curve change that it didn't make sense to change without fixing this bug first.
no, you just bind your armor parts to the action bar and sit naked.
is this good gameplay? we dont live in a dream world, alot of builds are just forced to equip and re-equip armor parts now.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Piet

May 28, 2020
no, you just bind your armor parts to the action bar and sit naked.
is this good gameplay? we dont live in a dream world, alot of builds are just forced to equip and re-equip armor parts now.
Which in a lot of situations they can't or it takes more time. More or less use of magic emphasized because of challenge to regen from armor. This was the reason no medium armor was used, there just was no reason, you have to rest anyways as medium may as well go heavy and have the survival. This separates the classes and makes them stand apart and be useful for different reasons. Basically mage can cast willy nilly, hybrid can heal off and on, and paladin has 1 mana bar and that's it. That's solid division and reasoning for being lighter armor. Fat mages in heavy armor are not a good idea.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
there is a clear problem with the Mana system and i'm glad this thread is here to bring awareness to the problems with the system and hope some suggestions can help, or the devs can tweak or come up with a solution

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
Lmao if you think 2kg armor is actually a viable option

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Which in a lot of situations they can't or it takes more time. More or less use of magic emphasized because of challenge to regen from armor. This was the reason no medium armor was used, there just was no reason, you have to rest anyways as medium may as well go heavy and have the survival. This separates the classes and makes them stand apart and be useful for different reasons. Basically mage can cast willy nilly, hybrid can heal off and on, and paladin has 1 mana bar and that's it. That's solid division and reasoning for being lighter armor. Fat mages in heavy armor are not a good idea.
Bro lol. There is no viable light armor for hybrids to wear. Its like not wearing armor. Hybrids and paladins got to do melee too. What was before was fine, what is now actually reduced the amount of playstyles you could play.

I dont even want to wear armor on my mage even before the mana nerfs just because of the stam and jump nerf. A mage doesnt really need armor if they play correctly. A hybrid does, a paladin does.

Reactions: Belegar

Piet

May 28, 2020
Bro lol. There is no viable light armor for hybrids to wear. Its like not wearing armor. Hybrids and paladins got to do melee too. What was before was fine, what is now actually reduced the amount of playstyles you could play.

I dont even want to wear armor on my mage even before the mana nerfs just because of the stam and jump nerf. A mage doesnt really need armor if they play correctly. A hybrid does, a paladin does.
Hybrids aren't light they are medium and there's many solid medium armors for them. That's the point they give up regen for melee and the better they are at melee the worse regen they get. It's a give an take system which encourages diversity in builds and there was many hybrids, mages, and paladins in mo1. They are still solid builds. Although the int change does nerf them even more and should be reversed. Then they could have more melee and still be viable with a few spells.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Wild, to think this whole problem derived from a PVE aspect. Due to the fact you guys can't farm solo this topic comes up. Now that the population has died down quite a bit and mages are solo farming doesn't make it a problem.

Mages are OP. Are we balancing mages around pve? Are we balancing mages around pvp? Last time I checked, this was a pvp game. You touch mages, and watch them pop off harder than before.

Let's get this clear, just because mages have access to DPS doesn't make them a good solo character. They shine in group fights. Trust me, I'm a mage abuser myself, but it's silly to ask for a buff. This nerf is 100% justified.

In fact, they should probably just hard nerf how far over 2 weight you are. Fat mages take forever to kill. If they aren't fizzling on the rng hits, they just will not die. That was the most miserable meta in the games existence was watching a fat mage that ran like Forest Gump. I don't even want to being to start with mounted mages. Fat mages with steel armor isn't cute.

Revert the last hit changes if anything so mages can farm, and the mana pool is perfectly fine IMO. No last hit shit really kills it for farming when on mage. If you revert it'll create good graveyard beef.

Please, don't listen to these people. Focus on major bug issues and cosmetics. Make the game presentable before worrying about petty stuff. Its not classy when trees not attached to the ground SV.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Wild, to think this whole problem derived from a PVE aspect. Due to the fact you guys can't farm solo this topic comes up. Now that the population has died down quite a bit and mages are solo farming doesn't make it a problem.

Mages are OP. Are we balancing mages around pve? Are we balancing mages around pvp? Last time I checked, this was a pvp game. You touch mages, and watch them pop off harder than before.

Let's get this clear, just because mages have access to DPS doesn't make them a good solo character. They shine in group fights. Trust me, I'm a mage abuser myself, but it's silly to ask for a buff. This nerf is 100% justified.

In fact, they should probably just hard nerf how far over 2 weight you are. Fat mages take forever to kill. If they aren't fizzling on the rng hits, they just will not die. That was the most miserable meta in the games existence was watching a fat mage that ran like Forest Gump. I don't even want to being to start with mounted mages. Fat mages with steel armor isn't cute.

Revert the last hit changes if anything so mages can farm, and the mana pool is perfectly fine IMO. No last hit shit really kills it for farming when on mage. If you revert it'll create good graveyard beef.

Please, don't listen to these people. Focus on major bug issues and cosmetics. Make the game presentable before worrying about petty stuff. Its not classy when trees not attached to the ground SV.
I think you're confused friend same as piet. The topic was and is mana regeneration while resting and how heavy the armor you wear shouldn't affect that with regards to having meditation. Which it really shouldn't, if you are letting pure mages let alone fat mages in heavy armor (14kg+) sit down and rest in the middle of a fight to get mana back something is going very very wrong in your fight. If you put 100 points in meditation you should 100% have full mana regeneration while resting while having almost none otherwise with relation to have heavy your armor is. Heavy armor doesn't have any affect on regening health while resting so why should mana be any different?

Reactions: Belegar

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I'm not confused at all, but thank you for trying to explain the situation.

If a fatmage is running around in steel armor and in a fight. Should he be rewarded for having 0 armor during "meditation" resting, or should he be slammed with the armor penalty through the meditation. Since, all mages microrest between casts this becomes a problem. Not a single area did I read, this doesn't effect combat. Not a single person should be rewarded for playing over the encumbrance cap for hitting the rest button between casts. Considering, mages can't move anyways, so might as well spam rest button while you're casing am i right.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

they brought this up on the last podcast, all these MAs complaining that a Fat mage running and healing is op.... but mages only get to pick one of two, offense or defense, when on horse, you cant, and dont have time for both unless your opponent misses 2-3 arrows at a time. if the mage is running and gets a heal spell off while you're hitting him, or his horse, if he casts an offensive spell... and waits for spell range to hit you, that's a dead fat mage. unless your aim is off, because with interrupt, he wont get a heal off in time to matter especially if it's a G. Heal, any weakspot is GG. So i'm going to ask what they asked on the podcast, is it OP that he cant kill you, and just be on the defensive? he's no threat to you how is that OP?

• Love
Reactions: SirVirtuo

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I'm not confused at all, but thank you for trying to explain the situation.

If a fatmage is running around in steel armor and in a fight. Should he be rewarded for having 0 armor during "meditation" resting, or should he be slammed with the armor penalty through the meditation. Since, all mages microrest between casts this becomes a problem. Not a single area did I read, this doesn't effect combat. Not a single person should be rewarded for playing over the encumbrance cap for hitting the rest button between casts. Considering, mages can't move anyways, so might as well spam rest button while you're casing am i right.
Sounds like you're abusing mechanics and justifying that a class is strong. standing in one place is a death sentence for anyone in this game that knows how fights are when fighting veteran teams, if you are picking on the weak then that's another story, but go ahead and try that on legion see how you hold up there bud.