The Mana while resting nerf was too extreme.

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
+1. The change only really made it so I need to wait 5x longer to get my mana back. I couldnt generate mana with my armor on mid combat anyway so my actual viablness in a fight is the exact same. The only thing this did was make the waiting before fights a lot longer

Mages are in a tough spot as is. Killing hybrids is not the right move the game should be making right now.

Piet

May 28, 2020
+1. The change only really made it so I need to wait 5x longer to get my mana back. I couldnt generate mana with my armor on mid combat anyway so my actual viablness in a fight is the exact same. The only thing this did was make the waiting before fights a lot longer

Mages are in a tough spot as is. Killing hybrids is not the right move the game should be making right now.
The issue is people were sitting mid combat for mana, that was actually the meta.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I want whatever you are taking bro, 2kg armor wont help you with shit, might as well wear nothing at that point
If you're getting hit as a mage you're doing it wrong but if you are you also don't rely on armor.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
The issue is people were sitting mid combat for mana, that was actually the meta.
you must be kidding at this point, just bind torso and pants to 2 keys lol. do you even play or just living in your head?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
How is sitting mid combat a issue, lol. I think mages are very strong, this was more a nerf to hybrids and a annoyance/PvE nerf to mages which was not the correct direction to fix mages.

Piet

May 28, 2020
How is sitting mid combat a issue, lol. I think mages are very strong, this was more a nerf to hybrids and a annoyance/PvE nerf to mages which was not the correct direction to fix mages.
This was a bug. Design wise this undercut the whole idea that armor weight mattered a lot to mages.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Have fun being naked and have someone rush you?
Like what is your problem with people reverting it? If people even those who think mages are too strong want it reverted why be against that.

If you are a dex mage you should not be getting hit. Mages stopped wearing armor like 2 patches ago. Now just even more reason to not wear it.

Its like you have no reason to be against a revert outside of people are complaining about the game and you feel the need to counter the complaining.
I think you log in less then I do at this point, nothing you say makes sense. Bakti isnt a very PvP focused community but really most people in game know better by now.

Bugs are just unintended features and many people want this feature. It allows for more playsyles and makes the game less tedious. Armor still mattered but more people would wear armor before two patches ago.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Have fun being naked and have someone rush you?
lets assume for you mana regen needs a nerf in some way:

in most situations you can put on/off armor parts in split seconds.

10 seconds per armor part equip/discard and this change would be a functional mage/hybrid nerf.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
btw for anyone who thinks spamming resting in combat is not "good" for whatever reason: add a 5 second delay until the full mana regen kicks in after you sat down.

Piet

May 28, 2020
lets assume for you mana regen needs a nerf in some way:

in most situations you can put on/off armor parts in split seconds.

10 seconds per armor part equip/discard and this change would be a functional mage/hybrid nerf.
If it's so easy and such a good tactic why did all the paladin's disappear after the change instead of just doing that? Because it will get you killed. In all actuality how it functions is mage has good mana, hybrid has medium mana with meh regen, and paladin has basically just their one bar.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Like what is your problem with people reverting it? If people even those who think mages are too strong want it reverted why be against that.

If you are a dex mage you should not be getting hit. Mages stopped wearing armor like 2 patches ago. Now just even more reason to not wear it.

Its like you have no reason to be against a revert outside of people are complaining about the game and you feel the need to counter the complaining.
I think you log in less then I do at this point, nothing you say makes sense. Bakti isnt a very PvP focused community but really most people in game know better by now.

Bugs are just unintended features and many people want this feature. It allows for more playsyles and makes the game less tedious. Armor still mattered but more people would wear armor before two patches ago.
Many people want the feature that are bad at the game. My problem with reverting it and why I am against it is what I have been saying. It takes away the different classes and specialties and reasons to use different armor. I am a mage. Reverting this change would revert it so my old heavy armor fat mage build would work again. But I know that it's good for the game to have reason to wear different armors and that it's pretty OP to have a ton of hp, damage resist, heavy armor, and full mana regen. This is the equivalent of the tamers asking to revert the change so white bear attacks are unparryable again. Ya it's good for them but not good for the game.

Reactions: Moored

Piet

May 28, 2020
You guys aren't picturing the full extent of what that revert would mean. Fat mages in Ogh.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
If it's so easy and such a good tactic why did all the paladin's disappear after the change instead of just doing that? Because it will get you killed. In all actuality how it functions is mage has good mana, hybrid has medium mana with meh regen, and paladin has basically just their one bar.
what are you talking about, they disappeared because of that (maybe you dont play and just dont see them)?! do you realize that people need time and knowledege to adapt?! do you realize that it just makes some things unfun so they dont bother with broken mechanics?! everything you write makes 0 sense.

no one can take you serious anymore, you are just here to defend your ego.

Piet

May 28, 2020
what are you talking about, they disappeared because of that (maybe you dont play and just dont see them)?! do you realize that people need time and knowledege to adapt?! do you realize that it just makes some things unfun so they dont bother with broken mechanics?! everything you write makes 0 sense.

no one can take you serious anymore, you are just here to defend your ego.
Lol okay bro. I am making logical well presented reasons. You haven't given one on why it would be a good idea to have an ogh wearing fat mage. On top of that you're defending your build that is built around a bug while I am defending not getting my own class that I play buffed. What reasoning do you actually have other than I want it and it makes my class easier and better?

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Lol okay bro. I am making logical well presented reasons. You haven't given one on why it would be a good idea to have an ogh wearing fat mage. On top of that you're defending your build that is built around a bug while I am defending not getting my own class that I play buffed. What reasoning do you actually have other than I want it and it makes my class easier and better?
do you realize that we talk about armor impact on the resting skill and all the little problems with that, this has very little to do with your "oghmir in steel needs nerf" because you can undergo it by just binding your armor parts to a key which everyone has to do now, not talking about the fact that everything beside sitting is not part of the discussion so people agree that heavy armor must have some kind of negative impact.
i dont know how you come to the conclusion that i defend some builds. the fact that you talk about YOUR build (buff or nerf doesnt matter) shows me that you just talk for YOU and arguing with: "I am making logical well presented reasons" when i presented you the fix is the next step in the funny corner.
i know you will talk on and on until no one has the energy to explain it for you, like talking to a little kid.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
do you realize that we talk about armor impact on the resting skill and all the little problems with that, this has very little to do with your "oghmir in steel needs nerf" because you can undergo it by just binding your armor parts to a key which everyone has to do now.
i dont know how you come to the conclusion that i defend some builds. the fact that you talk about YOUR build (buff or nerf doesnt matter) shows me that you just talk for YOU and arguing with: "I am making logical well presented reasons" when i presented you the fix is the next step in the funny corner.
i know you will talk on and on until no one has the energy to explain it for you, like talking to a little kid.
People are very delusional in this game. Some times they say the most illogical and wrong things, not explain them, and then claim they had.
Either that or they are trolling or actually delusional and pretending to troll. Some people have told me they come here and lie to "troll" maybe hes one of them.

Reactions: Bernfred

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Although I very much disagree with Piet and his view on this subject, I won't say he is delusional or illogical. His points make sense to me, his assumptions he bases his arguments on, though, are wrong imo.

Reactions: Piet

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Sounds like you're abusing mechanics and justifying that a class is strong. standing in one place is a death sentence for anyone in this game that knows how fights are when fighting veteran teams, if you are picking on the weak then that's another story, but go ahead and try that on legion see how you hold up there bud.

First of all, you can't point out a dudes "opinion" when he has HEAVY BIAS about his own product. I'm going ahead and just ignoring the fact that you'd even say such a silly thing. I'll go ahead and use my common sense here.

Second of all, "abusing mechanics" is just what the game's law is. If the game lets me priest camp blue players with wardecs does that mean I'm abusing mechanics? Maybe, orrrr, maybe the game just shouldn't have such terrible mechanics. It's weird, because you want to rest with 0 armor penalty as well. Seems, we are both "abusing mechanics." Same with everybody complaining about mana regen while resting. Anyways, I'm done with emotional talk, come at me when your head isn't foggy.