Subscription monetization model is a BAD idea

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Or just not charge anything for this poop game.

If people feel like buying skins for collaborating with the team they might aswell donate and don't get anything but a stable development in return.
Or people "need" that supporter title, or horse skins :S

People need to think before they talk if they don't wanna have a bad trip

Games so "poop" you spend hours and hours on the forums. Hundreds in game.

Lol

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Games so "poop" you spend hours and hours on the forums. Hundreds in game.

Lol

The way I see it, MO is extremely flawed as any sort of a functional game. This game will never be 100% working as intended, it's too big of a project, but their rate is really low. Some people really wanna play a functional game, to play it as you should, build your empire, pvp, farm, craft, tame, mine, all stuff that seemed worth it at different times in MO1. However, that is not a smart way to spend your time on MO unless you are living in a world of eventuality.

THAT BEING SAID, we got this open world sandbox game that is basically a meme, but it's also unique and it's pretty fun to just dumb out and do stuff. It's not hard to stay geared up either. I think that's the essential thing I am working on now. It's a fun game to meet someone going along the road.

I decided when I logged in that I was going to follow this guy, and we were riding out of town, and I was like "where we goin?" and he was like... right here, and stopped at crusher. So I said gg. I mean, stuff like that... I'm not gonna hard grief people. I'm not THAT upset at the failure of structuring/balancing MO properly, but I am going to kinda have fun with people's mind if they are really uptight.

I just wanna go around doing stuff like that every once in awhile, for that, ti's worth it to keep it installed and log in occasionally. Let the anger gooo. Just have funnn. People say nobody wants to do empty shit, I dunno... I am kinda imaginative. Not like Odin Seed level, but if I force myself to go out in MO, something interesting is probably going to happen. Pvp isn't my only 'fun outcome.' But I would def like more incentives to ride around other than meeting people and seeing what they are doing, maybe they fight me... maybe I fight them. Ya just dunno.

But yea my playtime is down, but it's def worth keeping around for sometimes. Just chill bros, we got a long way to go. Look out of from your shipz, no sub in sight!

Reactions: Dracu

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like sub models for games its the most consumer friendly and ethical model. A consumer pays for a service and gets a service. No cashshop that negatively affects the game in ways to coerce the spending of money. Even cosmetic cashshops in other game end up causing the devs to change game rules and balancing to get people to buy cosmetics. Asian games do it where they release new op classes as a example forcing the people who only play meta to reroll, which means they will buy new costumes for their rerolls.

BUT with mo2 you need multiple accounts to enjoy the game. Travel time is too much of a burden and the world is too big for one account to properly enjoy the game. People want to go out and bang with out spending a hour running to bang from their home area. Having even just a extra account is so hevanly and makes the game a lot more playable. Having a home character that can do all the chores you need to around your home and then a exploration char that can go to the new hotspots like necro dungeon or kimiru makes the game playable.

15 dollars for a monthly sub is fine and a reasonable price but this game forces you to need multiple accounts just out of travel necessity. Spending a hour ghosting back and forth for content is not enjoyable and a huge time waste for players that might not have a lot of time to play.

That 15 dollars is now 30 bucks for a below standard indi game if your gameplay loop isnt just sitting inside town RPing.
IF SV WANTS TO KEEP PLAYERS AND HAVE SUBS THEY NEED TO EITHER LOWER THE SUB OR HAVE MULTIPLE CHARS PER SUB.
This is game after polish would be more like a 5 dollar sub game then 15. But the average person would sub twice.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
People want to go out and bang with out spending a hour running to bang from their home area.
Henrik said he didn't want fast travel ghosting to prevent large guilds from just zapping to any point on the map to zerg.

So would it become too zergy, or would it just cut down ghosting time sinks (for any activity) and lead to more of the fights people want instead? What if there was simply a cool down, would it really break the game?

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Henrik said he didn't want fast travel ghosting to prevent large guilds from just zapping to any point on the map to zerg.

So would it become too zergy, or would it just cut down ghosting time sinks (for any activity) and lead to more of the fights people want instead? What if there was simply a cool down, would it really break the game?
Henrik's argument is BS, since guilds can already buy 2 accounts and achieve the same ability to re-log to another place as the quoted post states. If anyone, sweaty guild players will be the ones to buy multiple accounts. The game pushes players into requiring a second purchase BY DESIGN. It's that way to milk as much as they can.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Henrique Is a clueless cunt. Can't be making the game tedious as fuck for everyone because zergs exist. They should add proper penalties to zergs and balance that shit instead of having such shit tier game design.

In my eyes zergs should get a group debuff the bigger they are, that affects them really hard. Gotta promote small mid scale pvp instead of ZVZ, otherwise the game will continue to polarize shit in zergs and eliminate the most needed variety and diversity of groups.

Game Is too directed to zergs and theres no reasons or tools for solo, small and mid groups to prosper compared to a zerg.

The last necro dungeon reinforced that concept, a dungeon ment for solo people and small crews gets flooded by zergs, while It's expected any massive group could generate these results this gameplay shouldn't be encouraged, as the only way to do shit.

People complain a lot about the law and how much punitive the system should be, i consider zergs are the thing that require balance to restore a required and healthy spectrum of groups that are not zerg based only.

But none of you are prepared for that, people think It's "cool" to flex a zerg, but no matter from where you see it, zergs are bad for games specially sandboxes and this has been a problematic many games try to address and the ones that couldnt died.

One of the reasons MO1 actually died It's because of the polarized server wars, there were no small mid groups left people was griefed to quit with sieging.

Not saying a zerg balance would change that which Is most likely imminent. Yet it would be a great starting point.

I know the idiotic devs and players have this wet dreams about ZVZ's but the game Is not that and it shouldn't only be that. Small mid sized groups needs reasons to exist, this Is another reason so many people quits. Some people wont endure to join a zerg full of retarded teenagers, not considering them Is the reason they quit.

Idiots and noobs blame the community for toxic behavior and cry about the lack of punitive systems. Fun fact the game would be much better if there was no law in the wilderness or a witness report system red dead redemption 2 type of thing.
Fun fact many of the people that complain about punitive systems belong to zergs, some even want more punitive systems so It's "harder" like adding red titles, statloss, jails, you name it. I think that people Is plain and simply retarded, the game does not require more punitive systems, it requires balance.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Henrik's argument is BS, since guilds can already buy 2 accounts and achieve the same ability to re-log to another place as the quoted post states. If anyone, sweaty guild players will be the ones to buy multiple accounts. The game pushes players into requiring a second purchase BY DESIGN. It's that way to milk as much as they can.
Thats because they secretly want and wish for people to buy and sub múltiple accounts, this Is SV's little scam. They tell you "you don't need múltiple characters to have fun" while having just one character sucks ass entirely because of poor gane design.

If the skill pools, training, travelling and pve mechanics were different people wouldn't need" múltiple characters to have fun.
But the reality Is the game Is a shitter that forced you to multi account to reduce the tediouss design and lack of content the game has.

These problematics were promised" to get fixed by Henrique since MO1 but here we are with this little scam design to make people still get múltiple accounts.

If you think about it, in MO1 you could have 4 paid characters which with their skill pools would be exacly 2 MO2 characters.

So instead of fixing anything they made it worse, you can do less things paying more in MO2. If thats not a scam i don't know what Is.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
If you think about it, in MO1 you could have 4 paid characters which with their skill pools would be exacly 2 MO2 characters.

So instead of fixing anything they made it worse, you can do less things paying more in MO2. If thats not a scam i don't know what Is.
Yep, Eve Online had the same thing going even when it was still a good game and not a husk on life support.

This is by design to get as much as possible out of people that are hooked on a game. Say what you will about SV's actual end result product, but can't deny Henrik is a grade A salesman. He could definitely sell that pen, so to speak.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yep, Eve Online had the same thing going even when it was still a good game and not a husk on life support.

This is by design to get as much as possible out of people that are hooked on a game. Say what you will about SV's actual end result product, but can't deny Henrik is a grade A salesman. He could definitely sell that pen, so to speak.
Shitty salesman, a good salesman Is honest and realistic while offering a product. A scammer on the other side will tell you what you wanna hear.
The "goodness" doesn't come from the ability to trick people into buying something It's deceptive, thats more scam related that selling".

But you are right, he been promising a lot of things delivering just a portion and in really bad shape. It's like Danny Devito trying to sell you a car with no engine lmao.

nobody-ever-got-rich-being-honest-cleaning.gif

Albion online does it perfectly TBH.

i wouldn't say perfectly, but somewhat works for the microtransaction model. I wouldn't so lightly take anything from albion, because it is a delicate ecosystem thats highly intervened by the designers. They know what they are doing thats for sure tho.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Shitty salesman, a good salesman Is honest and realistic while offering a product. A scammer on the other side will tell you what you wanna hear.
The "goodness" doesn't come from the ability to trick people into buying something It's deceptive, thats more scam related that selling".

But you are right, he been promising a lot of things delivering just a portion and in really bad shape. It's like Danny Devito trying to sell you a car with no engine lmao.

nobody-ever-got-rich-being-honest-cleaning.gif

i wouldn't say perfectly, but somewhat works for the microtransaction model. I wouldn't so lightly take anything from albion, because it is a delicate ecosystem thats highly intervened by the designers. They know what they are doing thats for sure tho.
The car had an engine its called unreal 4, they just don't know how to make cars

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
If SV implement the Sub Model we need 2 chars. I can understand, that SV want people to trade and that they not want that players have a red and blue Char, so that reputation matters. I recommend that the players will be abe to create at least 2 Chars sharing the same crafting points and the reputation !

I personally be willing to pay for high quality content and for a finished game. For me the Necro dungeon was much better Quality then any dungeon before ! Good Job.

Today a friend quit the game, because he said that Mortal feels like playing an alpha. He hot murdered in Bakti at least 4-5 times and then seeing the same players later in town. He was not be able to give a murdercount to any of them and he got murdered right in front of the town. This need a fix ! This are buggy core game mechanics !

I personally like the Albion Online Model.

You can pay Sub or pay with ingame Gold. Paying with ingame Gold is very expencive ! It take at least 7 days to farm. 90 % of the palyers rather pay 10 Dollars instead of grinding 7 days for a sub but 10 % of the palyers are Kids and No Lifers without a Job that would rater farm 7 days because they are livin under the poverty border. This game needs no lifers and players that pay a sub. Both players are important and every no lifer that plays the game like 10 h a day bring additional new players that pay sub, because a bigger playerbase means that more players will try out the game. Many players say to themselves. If you can pay with ingame currency i gonna try it out and then stay and pay sub.
A sub could cost 5000 Gold. I think that would be fair and would be a good gold sink !

Last edited:
Reactions: Avenoma

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I've never played Albion and while I respect (?? I think?) the people who play it, it's hard for me to fathom how these two games get crossed. Out of all the games, some mobile MOBA looking thangz.

I do support reroll tokens, I THINK, but I think we should also be given them at intervals. I do think we should get a 2nd slot as well, at least. The rest of stuff they could charge for, yeah... I mean, history does not bode well for those games that are just gonna do this... cash shop wise.

RE: Eve, vastly diff game, but I see why people draw comparisons. I think MO is supposed to be more EVE like than Albion. + y'know first person, many diff forms of combat, etc. In terms of set up, the whole corporate thing in Eve (that I've heard about, at least,) seems a lot like what MO1 was. I obviously don't supposed the map being walled off or anything that doesn't allow us to bang on the doors of the megacorps and bother them. I don't mind that they are massively rich off of stuff (unless they are using it to hire npc fighters lol.)

Reroll is another thing that is not gonna break the game. It adds flavor. It's like OH NO JohnSmithPK (or JohnPaul? :eek: ) rerolled from a veela to a blain, that's fucked up, what are we gonna do now?! ALL the people, myself included, who tried to be cute and rolled human, we deserve a reroll. I would like them to help human a bit, too, but I Think I could still spec a better human than I did. I thought trying to get SOME dex or SOME str was smart, but IMO unless you are going like tall KALLARD (for str,) it's prol not. 115 just not enough. 115-123 seems like a hell of a curve both for stuff like bow and what wep you can hold on a mount. It's interesting that is left where as they leveled out other things.

Edit: and from my 'testing' or 'real world exp,' I don't think str req is related to what you can hold on a mount by any sort of a pure fraction (1/2, 1/3rd.)

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Im all for subscription.

This game however is so bad that activating subscription would instantly kill it.

Dedicating time and effort to adding a cosmetic shop to a game thats so bad people wouldnt even pay a subscription to play it would I feel also instantly kill it because it doesn't actually make the game better in any way and just waters down more of the things that make the game unique in any way.

Neither is an actual solution to why the game is so bad people wouldnt pay more than they already have to continue playing it.

The real issue here is not which method they should make you pay for a game not worth paying for. It is how to make the game worth paying for.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
A lot of things the players complain here on are meh to me, its like you that havent played a mmorpg in their life and start crying thats how the trend is about games since 2011, I just play the game for what it is now dont care about past future or what it can be etc. if I'm still here it means that i like it.

This is a other post of lets just join hands and cry, who here has played for real Eve and Albion I dont know why you are comparing with MO2, their diferent games, only thing they have in common is full loot pvp th rest you cant compare.

How many of you know that if u have an acount in eve or albion with 3 characters you pay 3 times subscriptions fee, olso you can chose not to but their usless.

Many here talk about the map is to big, well in EVE and Albion you need 2 hour plus to travel from one corner of the map to the opposed corner, here 30 minutes or so is a child play.

EVE and Albion i need more then 1 character for crafting/mining etc, 1 toon if your a loser from 5 up to be on wining side and dont forget sub fee, the crazy things ppl do in those games make a dude here in MO2 that has 4 accounts a Saint.

I dont want to spam endless comparison cause its pointless, MO2 its a diferent beast.

From my personal view I fix the damm bugs like pets in houses, I wait for beast mastery update, if it aint good it was nice knowing you.

If they decide to go the route of free to play to premium with gold and real cash, I estimate it will be pvp frenzy at every corner of the map, will be so sick that you will se a bunch of naked playes kiling each other over bush pigs, winset, granum, even grass 🤣 just to make some gold, now I hope SV dont go this route because I dont wana die to a bunch of randoms nakeds with swords :coffee:🤣.

Good Luck

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
A lot of things the players complain here on are meh to me, its like you that havent played a mmorpg in their life and start crying thats how the trend is about games since 2011, I just play the game for what it is now dont care about past future or what it can be etc. if I'm still here it means that i like it.

This is a other post of lets just join hands and cry, who here has played for real Eve and Albion I dont know why you are comparing with MO2, their diferent games, only thing they have in common is full loot pvp th rest you cant compare.

How many of you know that if u have an acount in eve or albion with 3 characters you pay 3 times subscriptions fee, olso you can chose not to but their usless.

Many here talk about the map is to big, well in EVE and Albion you need 2 hour plus to travel from one corner of the map to the opposed corner, here 30 minutes or so is a child play.

EVE and Albion i need more then 1 character for crafting/mining etc, 1 toon if your a loser from 5 up to be on wining side and dont forget sub fee, the crazy things ppl do in those games make a dude here in MO2 that has 4 accounts a Saint.

I dont want to spam endless comparison cause its pointless, MO2 its a diferent beast.

From my personal view I fix the damm bugs like pets in houses, I wait for beast mastery update, if it aint good it was nice knowing you.

If they decide to go the route of free to play to premium with gold and real cash, I estimate it will be pvp frenzy at every corner of the map, will be so sick that you will se a bunch of naked playes kiling each other over bush pigs, winset, granum, even grass 🤣 just to make some gold, now I hope SV dont go this route because I dont wana die to a bunch of randoms nakeds with swords :coffee:🤣.

Good Luck

I feel you, but otoh, it seems like you are kind of new to MO. You're right MO is a diff beast, and we are accounting for that. We also know... I mean, there was the era of naked short sword griefing w/ f2ps lol. It was called MO1 :p RIP your pets, etc.

I'm def not mad at MO atm. I shrugged it off, too. I think people just wanna put their time into MO as an honest game, but their brain is telling them how much of a waste it is, thus it leads to anger on forums. I was riding around with my friend this weekend, and I was like... I'm not too mad that the game is like this... all mounted, etc. I mean, it's still amazingly immersive. It's definitely changed, but yea there are so many wack things.

The one plus is I heard MO1 was super busted at release, too. gogo SV.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I feel you, but otoh, it seems like you are kind of new to MO. You're right MO is a diff beast, and we are accounting for that. We also know... I mean, there was the era of naked short sword griefing w/ f2ps lol. It was called MO1 :p RIP your pets, etc.

I'm def not mad at MO atm. I shrugged it off, too. I think people just wanna put their time into MO as an honest game, but their brain is telling them how much of a waste it is, thus it leads to anger on forums. I was riding around with my friend this weekend, and I was like... I'm not too mad that the game is like this... all mounted, etc. I mean, it's still amazingly immersive. It's definitely changed, but yea there are so many wack things.

The one plus is I heard MO1 was super busted at release, too. gogo SV.

you dont have pets and dont know that Bringards in Batki naked suicide kill your Terror Bird if your AFK or not paying atention other guilds to in Fab