Subscription monetization model is a BAD idea

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Where exactly in my post did I say to add skins for "steel armor" weapons etc. Ill explain once to a small brain dog like yourself. Any single thing you can think of, I have already considered.
And your legitimately under evolved cranium thought that you can pay a full team of developers just from banners, capes and googles? Thats a nice joke mate. You realize how expensive a developer is? You have no idea whatsoever, You dont even know how expensive it is to run this game, server cost wise, considering they have multiple servers, if they never turn on subscription, a few years down the road, my estimate is 2-3 years, they will run out of funds and will not be able to even keep the game running, you're a turbo focused nerd who knows nothing but to criticize the game and the people playing but when it comes to actually thinking about something objectively you can't fathom such a possibility as being wrong.

And just for reference, stupid looking googles, flame tabards, and cockheads are just as bad immersion breakers as steel armor skins.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
And your legitimately under evolved cranium thought that you can pay a full team of developers just from banners, capes and googles? Thats a nice joke mate. You realize how expensive a developer is? You have no idea whatsoever, You dont even know how expensive it is to run this game, server cost wise, considering they have multiple servers, if they never turn on subscription, a few years down the road, my estimate is 2-3 years, they will run out of funds and will not be able to even keep the game running, you're a turbo focused nerd who knows nothing but to criticize the game and the people playing but when it comes to actually thinking about something objectively you can't fathom such a possibility as being wrong.

And just for reference, stupid looking googles, flame tabards, and cockheads are just as bad immersion breakers as steel armor skins.

Hahaha ur actually so fucking stupid it's funny.

Yeah buddy, no game in existence has ever managed to pay for development with a cash shop right? How fucking stupid are you really?

Also, non-immersion breaking and canon cosmetics are not a possibility, right? I feel like you have a very strong case of dogbrain idiot who thinks he's smart.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Hahaha ur actually so fucking stupid it's funny.

Yeah buddy, no game in existence has ever managed to pay for development with a cash shop right? How fucking stupid are you really?

Also, non-immersion breaking and canon cosmetics are not a possibility, right? I feel like you have a very strong case of dogbrain idiot who thinks he's smart.
How many niche PVP games in existance exist solely from a cashshop? Actually, tell me a single one.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not saying you're wrong. I just found it a bit hilarious you're like "STOP INSULTING PEOPLE YOU WHINY BITCHES!"

ahaha. Yeahh, well. I never met a world where helping someone sound less like a whiny bitch was insulting :eek:

OR ironic. That's my official stance. But yeah, tell people not to insult people... insults people. Seems legit, but I dunno if that's a good-faith read of the statement. I'll have my lawyers look it over.

• Wow
Reactions: SeaShadow

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Who cares about subscription, we don't live on welfare in our mother's basement do we.
Subscription, no subscription, doesn't matter to me. If the game is fun, I play.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Who cares about subscription, we don't live on welfare in our mother's basement do we.
Subscription, no subscription, doesn't matter to me. If the game is fun, I play.
I agree but in this particular case you would need 4-5 accounts for the game to qualify as being fun. The game is not worth 100 dollars a month

Reactions: serge and Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Cash shop sucks because instead of the patch adding content to get people to keep playing and subbing, they add like 15 skins. I like that MOBAS, BR's etc are all f2p, and that I can just ignore the cash shop and play. Those also have good enough funding and player bases that they can make skins and content. And they still make 80% skins as new content. In games like MO, cash shop shit just throws off the entire feel of the game. Every time I see Runescape 3 I'm horrified, its such a disgusting mess of weird over the top cosmetics on every player.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
I'll quit as soon as 1mo included with game purchase ends.
#1. IMHO 2 char per account is a must and MO2 just does not worth $30 mo. IMHO.
#2. I dont believe this game has a future. It maybe on for years but with very limited, niche users and fast rotation of players.
#3. IMHO MO2 has too many game design flaws. At time its very annoying. Same design is simply unprofessional. Just compare skill design interface with WoW or WoW action house with broker. Bank.... To put it simple I dont have much faith in SV developers. Developers made MO2 based on 10+year of running MO1 and still have so many design issues and social management (flagging/guild/alliance etc) its unbelievable

Reactions: Gnidex

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I still remember when some idiots suggested reroll tokens in MO1.

When i saw people saying shit like "Yes guys ill definitely pay usd for rerolling a character, do it i want to donate money and get something in return" Wanted to tear my eyes off.
Fuck me theres stupid ass people in the world.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Henrique is delusional if he ever thinks charging $15 a month for any iteration of MO2 will not result in the death of the game. Games like Rust keep releasing updates and they only charge a one time box fee, why cant MO be the same?

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Well, I was thinking that at a subscription time, they need to add one or more character slots for free as a kicker. If you wanna sell stuff it needs a kicker.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I'd personally like to see something like 20-50 bucks for custom capes/banners that can be imported in-game. It would both bring in some revenue, and cover the cost if they need an employee to screen these submissions through a strict set of rules. Personally would love some kind of immersion-focused rules on what can be imported so that we don't see capes sporting Belle Delphine and lewd lolis running around our medieval fantasy world.
This would be nice. The problem is for 50 usd they could easily afford to check the designs, but that would require work by an artist to make it look good enough. Not many people could send an image that would be a drop in skin, what if my image isn't really good enough but Im paying 50 bucks so they now have to work with that, is the problem.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Dont worry it will be free to play due to low pop before it gets time for subs.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Henrique is delusional if he ever thinks charging $15 a month for any iteration of MO2 will not result in the death of the game. Games like Rust keep releasing updates and they only charge a one time box fee, why cant MO be the same?
Because Rust sold over 12 million copies? MO2 is a niche... Rust is a child infested survival game that also has skins... There's a big difference in numbers here

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Imagine how many people will quit the day they turn subscriptions on.

Anyone ive talked to thinks subs will kill the game.

Even the first game turned somewhat free to play.

The game should be free to play with a cosmetic shop. Everything from capes, to tabards, banners, fucking bells around your neck, crowns, glowing eyes, new skins for house models, starter weapon skins, unlimited dura starter weapons, furniture for housing etc etc.

This also opens up the possibility for whales to support the game beyond just a monthly sub. I mean almost every single asset in the game is already off the unreal marketplace, why not just do the same for cosmetics that you can buy for real money and have a free game (one time purchase).

Well unfortunately subscriptions are the way of the future of this game. Dont like it well... there are other free games that freeloaders can go play. I said this back in January that when subs get turned on 50-70% of the remaining playerbase will quit. I still believe that, because experience tells me that.

So dont like it, rip the bandaide off now and well peace be on to you.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Well unfortunately subscriptions are the way of the future of this game. Dont like it well... there are other free games that freeloaders can go play. I said this back in January that when subs get turned on 50-70% of the remaining playerbase will quit. I still believe that, because experience tells me that.

So dont like it, rip the bandaide off now and well peace be on to you.
The future of this game is a declining sub base with it inevitably reaching free to play. Even faster than MO1 this time.

Reactions: ElPerro and Jatix
D

Dracu

It's really the only way that the game will have a population. Right now be have 1,100 peak population after the necro patch. Give it a month or two and we will be back down to 500 peaks and 300 off peak player counts. This is with a "free"model. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that even if free, there is no player retention. A subscription model will drive more people away.
One could argue though that the people playing now apart from the ppl that came back will most likely still play with the sub. It will take a small hit... But i can imagine the ppl right now beeing way to invested at this point to quit. Maybe some will play on less acounts but that doesnt add or subtract to the the actively playing player number. My guess ~ 100 less players maybe. This is 100% a guess and has no source. But i can imagine the subscription stopping ppl from wanting to try the game once its active. Its hard to imagine ppl that are not invested yet to stick around for a few months... Till it gets good for them.

Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix