StarVault throws Pvp players under the bus

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah sure tell that new players that brought their whole 3g with them and just start in myrland. I mean really what logic is there to demand the graveyard over food pvp Hotspots... some ppl here are really ignorant beyond believe.
I'd like PvP hotspots, but it doesn't mean there should be safezones around towns. Newbies who quit after being ganked at GY will quit after being ganked at horse spot anyway.

Reactions: Tzone

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I'd like PvP hotspots, but it doesn't mean there should be safezones around towns. Newbies who quit after being ganked at GY will quit after being ganked at horse spot anyway.

that is just wrong. how you keep players and let them grow on the game first is make the risk getting higher over time. all these wannabe pro behavior about only the super toughest should be playing mortal and the anything that makes it a little safer in like 0,05% of the map is THE EVIL attitude is just showing that you don't get what a good sandbox game is about. what you are talking about is a super gankfest game maybe a handfull and a half would enjoy :p

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
that is just wrong. how you keep players and let them grow on the game first is make the risk getting higher over time. all these wannabe pro behavior about only the super toughest should be playing mortal and anything that makes it a little safer in like 0,05% of the map is just showing that you don't get what a good sandbox game is about. what you are talking about is a super gankfest game maybe a handfull and a half would enjoy :p
Graveyards were already a little safer than the rest of the map. Meduli GY was like 10 seconds of sprinting away from the nearest guard BEFORE the patch. And if that is too difficult for you, then there's MK graveyard barely visited by anyone.
I know what a good sandbox is. That is why i'd remove all town guards from all towns if it was my decision to make.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Graveyards were already a little safer than the rest of the map. Meduli GY was like 10 seconds of sprinting away from the nearest guard BEFORE the patch. And if that is too difficult for you, then there's MK graveyard barely visited by anyone.
I know what a good sandbox is. That is why i'd remove all town guards from all towns if it was my decision to make.

i'll stop arguing with you at that point, just glad you are not in charge to make any decisions :p

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If they really wanted to help the new guys, How about returning the gold amount to 10 gold like in beta? How about they double the amount of items you can take from 6 to 12? I get it, they got pissed off at the bag exploit but to punish the people that come after is just wrong. Return the red priest, remove the graveyard guards and the /guard command. Put the help in the place its needed, HAVEN and stop screwing over the player base.
Wasnt the bag exploit, keeps got cheesed with gold operations in haven, a little too late for nerfing, as usual the damage Is done.

Yeah sure tell that new players that brought their whole 3g with them and just start in myrland. I mean really what logic is there to demand the graveyard over food pvp Hotspots... some ppl here are really ignorant beyond believe.
Idk looks like you are the ignorant fuck that considers adding guards to content Is the way to go. It's a much more complex design issue that just bandaid guards, instead of dealing with their poor design they just make areas safe.
It may seem like a solution for simpletons but It's actually idiotic.

manure

May 7, 2022

Man, I would pay to play any game you had the command on hands.
Thats exactly how a sandbox should be.
The PLAYERS take care of villains and do justice...not some pathetic ridiculous godly NPC guard.

A game without safe areas would be 100% success. There is no game like that in the market and thats why MO2 had such a high demmand in the first days.
Mortal Online 2 almost got there... then it has been slowly ruined patch by patch.

History always repeat itself...
Happened with Ultima Online, then Darkfall, then Mortal 1...and now Mortal 2

Starts brilliant, and then some newbies start crying and complaining...the devs start listening to them, giving more and more safe areas... and "boom" : game is destroyed

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Man, I would pay to play any game you had the command on hands.
Thats exactly how a sandbox should be.
The PLAYERS take care of villains and do justice...not some pathetic ridiculous godly NPC guard.

A game without safe areas would be 100% success. There is no game like that in the market and thats why MO2 had such a high demmand in the first days.
Mortal Online 2 almost got there... then it has been slowly ruined patch by patch.

History always repeat itself...
Happened with Ultima Online, then Darkfall, then Mortal 1...and now Mortal 2

Starts brilliant, and then some newbies start crying and complaining...the devs start listening to them, giving more and more safe areas... and "boom" : game is destroyed
The only newbie crying is the one that can’t kill new players in the graveyard anymore. Put on you big boy pants and go try real pvp. Stop hiding in npc cities

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
I see nothing has changed for the better in several month's time. Despite the population dropping to the pre-release levels, carebears still think the game is massively improving by getting all its open-world, sandbox and PvP features reduced to prearranged fights. Not like they can handle getting killed in any setting, they are the kind of people who cry in 1v1 games that their opponent is noob for playing 'op class' or 'being a veteran who only goes into unranked matches to kill new players'. Have a nice time farming zombies together with a 100 other carebears with a grand total of 800 active players on server. Guess I won't be returning to this game for a while.

P.S. Also, people write there are still no buy orders? Are they even developing the game that was "released"?

Reactions: Tzone

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
P.S. Also, people write there are still no buy orders? Are they even developing the game that was "released"?
Buy orders are planned for the upcoming patch. They really shouldn've removed the tab until it's actually functional. Small things like that show the quality of a game and is what drives new players away, not owpvp.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The griefing has alot to do with murderers actually not being red. the reason murderers went red in titles like this was to allow players to run when they see a murderer coming a them. currently you could have 5 people around you with 4 murderers while they chat in discord on if they should or when they should kill you all while being able to hide behind a blue name. i played games like this in the past and to see henrik say things like "how would anyone know whos a murderer anyway?" really concerns me.. along with other things. i have high hopes for this game but one of the core principles of this whole system was removed on what seems like a whim. if you pass 5 murder counts you should be red so other people can see that your a murderer HOWEVER being red until this game was a huge sign that you were a competent player willing to pvp no matter the case , understanding that you may have a whole city of people hunting you with burning torches ready to hang you once they can see you are murderer. when the idea to remove the red status from players who are murderers changed it allowed for alot of griefing and really took away a feeling of satisfaction away from the actual murderers the competent group who altho be it should live in INFAMY not honor should still gain notoriety for being the way they are. Now.. if henrik re instated the red names you would however have alot of upset people ... do you know why? ill tell you ... its because 95% of those players who are murderers right now are too cowardly to be red and only became murderers because they could enter towns with there friends and hide like cowards who do not deserve any noteriety for being red. This change should not even be Polled on IMO henrik should just make murderers red again it would fix alot of the issue.. cuz yah alot of people will delete the charecter and re-roll cuz they are pissed they cant be cowards anymore.