StarVault throws Pvp players under the bus

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
For weeks and over the last two patch's unrestricted pvp has been slowly removed from the game. Removal of the red priests and resulting broken rez network. /guard command that blue players use to flood area's with guards and slow crash the server. now added more guards farther out around meduli. the direction is clear, the beginning of ending unrestricted PVP for just another theme park game. When a player leave haven they consent to pvp anytime, anyplace. It is not the job of the Dev's or the player base for a person's safety. Personal safety is the players problem and needs to be aware of who and what is around them at all times.

manure

May 7, 2022
Yes.
I ve been ranting on other threads too about this bullcrap of adding guards outside of town limits...

Really... why not also adding a Bank, a vendor and a stable inside Meduli's Graveyard ?
Since its 100% safe now with guards anyway...
Even safer than Haven...

Jesus... I wonder how this great idea came into the devs mind...

He was having a breakfast and suddenly thought : "Wow... what if I added guards right inside Medulis graveyard to please Carebears??"

Amazing idea !!!

Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Happens every game, PvPer fund and support the game then get thrown under the buss.

PvP is the pillar of this game. The other content is to weak to be a pillar, it cant hold up the rest of the game like how PvP is holding the game up.

Someone saying this games pillar is not PvP is kidding them selves. If there was a alternative this game would have collapsed some time ago for how terrible they are treating their player base.

Telling PvPers who already do the PvE content better and far more then anyone else to adapt is like asking someone just not to play the game.

SV just continues to destroy the pillar of PvP while doing nothing to make the PvE better nor add more RP elements or to help out other player groups like adding buy orders. They think if they kill of the PvP playerbase then more people would PvE and RP and merchent. Not how it works, just killing the game because they do nothing to nurture aspect of the game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To summarize the point I made in another thread, they need to pay less attention to giving people reasons not to engage in PvP, and give more types of content that encourages people to engage in more competitive PvP.

And the great part is if they encourage competitive PvP that's not just content for reds. It's content for literally everyone who enjoys PvP.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
One of MO2's biggest issues, is it doesnt know what it wants to be. It has no idea. It wants to be hardcore open pvp but its afraid the nubs will quit. So everything they do to help 1 part of the player base, makes the game worse for the other. It just doesnt work. MO's best selling point is being a really rough and dark single server world. No other game can compete with that. I was a nub once, its hard. But oh was it a lot of fun.

As a perfect example, they just added a pvp finding feature that most of the pvp players cant use because they are red and reds cant use the mechanic where you hunt and kill a player. Logic. Which if the feature was good and fun, would promote less people being red so they can do it. Meaning less people to hunt. Meaning the feature doesnt work anymore. It just doesnt really make sense.

Unless its goal is to have no reds, which, is its goal. But that's just stupid on its own because its an open pvp that doesnt want people to pvp. Once again, game has no idea what it is or wants to be.

To me nubs are going to get killed and quit regardless of what they do to hurt reds. They might get killed less. But the kids who will quit still will when they die eventually. My friends who will never play this game, will nbever play thsi game regardless of how muc hthey nerf the open pvp aspect. They will still just pla ya game they cant die when they dont want to pvp. What SV needs to do is actually make the game fun and have good content that players can do to want to stay and play. Right now the game offers a horrific and boring PVE experience. Where your existence is to ride your MA (90% of your gameplay), kill some mobs, sell some mats in the already bad economy, that pvp players can use to make gear. I see no reason a PVE player should enjoy this game in its current state. And that's a much bigger issue than Reds.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Yes.
I ve been ranting on other threads too about this bullcrap of adding guards outside of town limits...

Really... why not also adding a Bank, a vendor and a stable inside Meduli's Graveyard ?
Since its 100% safe now with guards anyway...
Even safer than Haven...

Jesus... I wonder how this great idea came into the devs mind...

He was having a breakfast and suddenly thought : "Wow... what if I added guards right inside Medulis graveyard to please Carebears??"

Amazing idea !!!
If you are killing players inside of a graveyard you are most certainly NOT a pvp player

Tzone

May 16, 2021
One of MO2's biggest issues, is it doesnt know what it wants to be. It has no idea. It wants to be hardcore open pvp but its afraid the nubs will quit. So everything they do to help 1 part of the player base, makes the game worse for the other. It just doesnt work.

As a perfect example, they just added a pvp finding feature that most of the pvp players cant use because they are red and reds cant use the mechanic where you hunt and kill a player. Logic. Which if the feature was good and fun, would promote less people being red. Meaning less people to hunt. Meaning the feature doesnt work anymore. It just doesnt really make sense.

To me nubs are going to get killed and quit regardless of what they do to hurt reds. They might get killed less. But the kids who will quit still will when they die eventually. What SV needs to do is actually make the game fun and have good content that players can do to want to stay and play. Right now the game offers a horrific and boring PVE experience. Where your existence is to ride your MA (90% of your gameplay), kill some mobs, sell some mats in the already bad economy, that pvp players can use to make gear. I see no reason a PVE player should enjoy this game in its current state. And that's a much bigger issue than Reds.
PvErs and RPers and merchants are going to quit regardless because SV isnt adding them content because they are too busy taking content away from PvPers.

Eventually the crafters, PvErs, and merchants figure out the game is shallow and will move on.

Where the hell are buy orders for examples. Well SV to busy adding guards to meduli for koto, making a bounty system PvPers cant use, and removing red priest while adding blue priest to grief people trying to do dungeons.

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you are killing players inside of a graveyard you are most certainly NOT a pvp player
sadly a bunch of higher skilled top PvPers do visit the grave yards, manly to try to get the people in the town to come out to fight them. In beta when I used to fight the towns you if you ignored the graveyard farmers they would attack your while you were to busy fighting the militia because you are grey.

It was safer to kill the grave yard farmers instead of getting pincered. But also killing people in the grave yard would sometimes get people in town to come out to fight. Some times we would just pay off some newb in the grave yard to go into town to complain that we were killing him thinking that would be much more effective.

I dont think there should be any safe farming spots in game. But they should have done things like added multiple spots to farm around town to lessen the ability to be affected by reds waiting outside of town for the militia to come out. In the past if you were a PvPer you would lose something if you killed a newb so you would try to pick your targets to avoid needless rep loss. Now what happens is that you have no rep on your red and you just kill people on sight for safety.

They should have guard camps in the world for new players to flee to from when they are attempted to be ganked at places like bandit camps near fab/tind/meduli.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I've been complaining about the slow attacks on open pvp for months, it has been a trend going only one direction for a very long time. StarVault doesn't want to listen. They have been making it harsher and harsher to be a pvper in MO2. I had a guild mate who had wayy over 1,000 murdercounts just quit the game several months/patches ago because of these consistent anti-PvPer changes. I don't blame them.

Actually, it was the patch that made the jungle camp priest khurite rep. Imagine having 1,300 Murdercounts and suddenly the place you've been getting all your pvp has reputation attached. This was of course long before you could buy a priest, so basically you can't do anything. Imagine the gameplay you're supposed to endure here, you kill 1 or 2 people and you're supposed to spend 20 or 30 minutes running a parcel. Now times that by a THOUSAND. And we just calmly watched the playerbase go from needing to have 5 servers down to just 1 in the span of a couple of weeks.

So many in the playerbase dismissed this rapid decrease in population as a lack of content or slow updates or whatever. Yeah, right. This is a sandbox MMO. Other players are the content. So when you go from being able to leisurely enjoy some pvp to making it some kind of punishing grind, people noped out right away. And many of them will not be back regardless.

Yet StarVault continues to march down this path of catering to people who prefer to hide behind guards and avoid PvP, even though they've been shown that the most dedicated players of the game were/are the people who prefer to engage in PvP. Shunning your hardcore playerbase, catering to casuals- other games have done it before, and the results haven't been too good for the game's longevity.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Looks like pretty soon the only pvp content is gonna be MA fights or 100v100 foot slideshows.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
sadly a bunch of higher skilled top PvPers do visit the grave yards, manly to try to get the people in the town to come out to fight them.
This. Graveyards are the best way for a footie to find ANY good pvp at all, because people come to defend them. If you bring enough people to the GY then the defenders may do the same and there you go - nice large scale PvP. Another way is Tindrem sewers i guess, but i don't like dungeon PvP. Now that we have houses, even farming spots are mostly either about nakeds farming risars/trolls/whatever by exploiting AI stupidity, or it's just MA. And even if they weren't naked, it's still 10-15 minutes to ride to MAYBE find PvP - and then walk back because horses are most likely killed in the process. Even dungeons are mostly about nakeds (mostly blues because putting a blue priest near every dungeon was a GREAT idea) running at you with a stack of minotaurs.

And instead of giving us more hotspots for footies and PvP content in general, maybe even dedicating some districts in capitals for PvP (i mean come on, Morin Khur is a ghost town and has THREE districts, why not just give one to PvPers?), they actually DENY us bounty hunting.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This. Graveyards are the best way for a footie to find ANY good pvp at all, because people come to defend them. If you bring enough people to the GY then the defenders may do the same and there you go - nice large scale PvP. Another way is Tindrem sewers i guess, but i don't like dungeon PvP. Now that we have houses, even farming spots are mostly either about nakeds farming risars/trolls/whatever by exploiting AI stupidity, or it's just MA. And even if they weren't naked, it's still 10-15 minutes to ride to MAYBE find PvP.

And instead of giving us more hotspots for footies, maybe even dedicating some districts in capitals for PvP (i mean come on, Morin Khur is a ghost town and has THREE districts, why not just give one to PvPers?), they actually DENY us bounty hunting.
yep. and Henrik told people on stream that he wants people to use blue cities. They didnt give us refining ovens to force us to be in towns. So forcing players to clump up together in towns instead of dispersing through out the world. Then wondering why people are always going to towns to fight.

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
1vX isn't PvP. As currently it is PvP is killing this game by noob griefing killing all new players before they even get to try the game

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1vX isn't PvP. As currently it is PvP is killing this game by noob griefing killing all new players before they even get to try the game
Dude wtf. Player vs player. Zerg vs 1 player is pvp, cut that trash out. I hate getting.

If you are a noob which sounds like you are then every pvp encounter might seem like its noob vs player. Thats just because your veiw is short sided bias'd and ignorant.

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
Dude wtf. Player vs player. Zerg vs 1 player is pvp, cut that trash out. I hate getting.

If you are a noob which sounds like you are then every pvp encounter might seem like its noob vs player. Thats just because your veiw is short sided bias'd and ignorant.
Wtf are u talking about game has 1k players left anyone who tries it out gets griefed at the graveyard or nearest bandit camp. There's bunch of 40year olds without jobs or familys who just go around killing anyone they see all day and are in town 2 min later laughing at you how great they are that they killed someone 5v1 the ignorance of griefing community is insane

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Wtf are u talking about game has 1k players left anyone who tries it out gets griefed at the graveyard or nearest bandit camp. There's bunch of 40year olds without jobs or familys who just go around killing anyone they see all day and are in town 2 min later laughing at you how great they are that they killed someone 5v1 the ignorance of griefing community is insane
I'm reading steam reviews and on the top page, only 1 guy complains about "griefing". Some say how they love the idea of open world full loot PvP but bugs/little content/etc.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The game is shallow AF, PvE is boring, crafting has only fake depth, there are no buy orders for merchants, Almost no RP mechanics or fluff, and you are severely punished for participating in the games only content that is robust enough to support a population which was open world PvP

This game survived through beta being a PvP game. Even with a wipe coming, no houses, game breaking bugs, sparse PvE, lacking dungeons, and a whole lot less content in general.

A lot of those beta players who made this game exist have been trashed out of the game by spitefull developers. Lots of reasons why this game is dying mainly they don't make any worth while content for any group be it PvEr, RPers, merchants or PvPers while removing content from the games soul pilar which is PvP.

Along with the bugs, performance, and terrible launch of the game, saying that flavor of the month players got griefed out of the game and thats why the population is dying would only be a small %. And even then there are more once dedicated players that have been ran out of the game for the casual largest common denominator crowd.

If you managed to get out of towns and experience the game then you would understand. Towns are garbage anyways and is were most of this games problems come from.

Reactions: Jatix
D

Dracu

Would have been interesting if the archivements showed more in terms of where players left the game.

Like leave haven archivement, discover outside world archivement
Be in dungein archivement... That way one could atleast understand where the biggest drop offs are. Only blaming griefing would be wrong cause i can imagine many many players not even leaving haven before quitting the game.

GOOOOSE

May 29, 2020
The game is shallow AF, PvE is boring, crafting has only fake depth, there are no buy orders for merchants, Almost no RP mechanics or fluff, and you are severely punished for participating in the games only content that is robust enough to support a population which was open world PvP

This game survived through beta being a PvP game. Even with a wipe coming, no houses, game breaking bugs, sparse PvE, lacking dungeons, and a whole lot less content in general.

A lot of those beta players who made this game exist have been trashed out of the game by spitefull developers. Lots of reasons why this game is dying mainly they don't make any worth while content for any group be it PvEr, RPers, merchants or PvPers while removing content from the games soul pilar which is PvP.

Along with the bugs, performance, and terrible launch of the game, saying that flavor of the month players got griefed out of the game and thats why the population is dying would only be a small %. And even then there are more once dedicated players that have been ran out of the game for the casual largest common denominator crowd.

If you managed to get out of towns and experience the game then you would understand. Towns are garbage anyways and is were most of this games problems come from.
There's a wipe?