StarVault throws Pvp players under the bus

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Would have been interesting if the archivements showed more in terms of where players left the game.

Like leave haven archivement, discover outside world archivement
Be in dungein archivement... That way one could atleast understand where the biggest drop offs are. Only blaming griefing would be wrong cause i can imagine many many players not even leaving haven before quitting the game.
The patch before last most left due to bugs. My gaming experience is that these were flavor of the month players on their last legs. We will not see them again for a while if they dont comeback soon from a short break. If they found another game in the mean time then you wont see them for another 6 months or until if SV is lucky the game they moved to messes up bad like SV did.

Most of the dedicated PvP Pillar of the game has been getting shaved off pretty bad for months now, when the weaker flavor of the month players leave you have less people to fall back on to keep the game alive untill they return.

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
If they really wanted to help the new guys, How about returning the gold amount to 10 gold like in beta? How about they double the amount of items you can take from 6 to 12? I get it, they got pissed off at the bag exploit but to punish the people that come after is just wrong. Return the red priest, remove the graveyard guards and the /guard command. Put the help in the place its needed, HAVEN and stop screwing over the player base.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they really wanted to help the new guys, How about returning the gold amount to 10 gold like in beta? How about they double the amount of items you can take from 6 to 12? I get it, they got pissed off at the bag exploit but to punish the people that come after is just wrong. Return the red priest, remove the graveyard guards and the /guard command. Put the help in the place its needed, HAVEN and stop screwing over the player base.
That was super abused. Just need a better nave new player experience besides go to the only zombie spawn around town which is usually not safe then go die to bandits that are like s tier to zombies. Needs a middle level of PvE that is still near towns to bridge the PvE gap.

I dont think that you should get anything out of haven besides a map. The towns should give free noob weapons similar to the worn shorty and the torches. But you should come out of have butt naked save for cosmetics.

D

Dracu

The patch before last most left due to bugs. My gaming experience is that these were flavor of the month players on their last legs. We will not see them again for a while if they dont comeback soon from a short break. If they found another game in the mean time then you wont see them for another 6 months or until if SV is lucky the game they moved to messes up bad like SV did.

Most of the dedicated PvP Pillar of the game has been getting shaved off pretty bad for months now, when the weaker flavor of the month players leave you have less people to fall back on to keep the game alive untill they return.
Would have still been interesting. Having actuall data at where the dropoffs are.... Would have been a great conversation basis atm its: blues says red kills the game cause unfair pvp, reds say SV kills the game cause not enough/quality pvp.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
To summarize the point I made in another thread, they need to pay less attention to giving people reasons not to engage in PvP, and give more types of content that encourages people to engage in more competitive PvP.

And the great part is if they encourage competitive PvP that's not just content for reds. It's content for literally everyone who enjoys PvP.

I've been saying this for a while too. Something like hell gates from AO would be nice where players fighter each other for loot. Game needs to give pkers a reason and place to fight fellow pkers so they can all have fun. Instead of pkers vs noobs mining or something.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I've been saying this for a while too. Something like hell gates from AO would be nice where players fighter each other for loot. Game needs to give pkers a reason and place to fight fellow pkers so they can all have fun. Instead of pkers vs noobs mining or something.

Yeah we need some fair pvp like hell gates with equal numbers. But the thing is koto got the connection so everything that gets implemented is for zergs and a benefit for zergs.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Nah, hellgates is the last thing we need. Instanced content like that is the reason i hated AO. We need more hotspots like Tephra crater, objectives in the open world to fight over (there was a nice suggestion somewhere on the forums regarding outposts to fight over), and of course, sieges and TC.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Nah, hellgates is the last thing we need. Instanced content like that is the reason i hated AO. We need more hotspots like Tephra crater, objectives in the open world to fight over (there was a nice suggestion somewhere on the forums regarding outposts to fight over), and of course, sieges and TC.
I said something like not exact copy

Tzone

May 16, 2021
maybe something like hell gates will have elementalism like effect with chain lighting. So the bigger the group for them the more damage you will take when a eruption of elemental energy occurs. And it occurs more often during these events when large numbers are near each other.

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
I wanted to see what the end result was going to look like. So today i went to the Meduli graveyard to see. Both times it was completely empty 0 players. All the miner's got the guards they demanded, gone. Maybe 15-20 players in town.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I hate zergs as much as the next guy, but I'm fully against any kind of instanced PvP. Never played AO so not too sure what Hell Gates is...but I do know if this game gets instanced PvP the open world will be even more dead than it already is (if thats possible).

Game just needs more hotspots. You literally have 3 hotspots in the game. Tephra, Mino Cave, and Risar Dungeon. This big fuckin map and thats what we got.

I just want more tools to fight zergs like MO1 before the Awakening expansion. Killing 20 guys with 5 was best days.

Reactions: CrgHck

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I hate zergs as much as the next guy, but I'm fully against any kind of instanced PvP. Never played AO so not too sure what Hell Gates is...but I do know if this game gets instanced PvP the open world will be even more dead than it already is (if thats possible).

Game just needs more hotspots. You literally have 3 hotspots in the game. Tephra, Mino Cave, and Risar Dungeon. This big fuckin map and thats what we got.

I just want more tools to fight zergs like MO1 before the Awakening expansion. Killing 20 guys with 5 was best days.
Yeah spider cave not really worth the farm for most people and people dont do dungeons for boss that much any more because bosses are not profitable for groups.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I honestly don't see a problem with Rep/MC. I have around 300 MC, my friend over 500, and it doesn't really affect our gameplay. Reputation system kinda sucks, but we ARE murderous scum after all.

It was much worse prior to house workbenches and stronghold priests, but now it sometimes feels like there aren't any consequences at all. And i believe there should be conseqences, but SV's approach to them was just plain wrong for a long time. They should be making lives of reds more risky, not more annoying. Being a target for bounty hunters is cool, running 20 minutes from a "nearest" priest is not.

The sheep/wolf balance is pretty good in MO2. It's not like AO black zones where everything wants to kill you. And honestly, i don't want to see MO2 turned into AO.

There are changes we really REALLY need however:

- Fix your wardec/alliance system. It's not working. While you at it, remove the idiotic 10 guilds limits from both. With 10 wardec limit, you force guilds who have 11 rivals to take MCs, become red, and after that, just ignore the rep/MC and start killing everyone. With 10 alliance limit, you deny small guilds future content like sieges, so they'll get bored and turn into murderhobos. A lot of people have become red when all they did was fighting rival guilds, people shouldn't be suffering any consequences at all for that.
- Tune down mounted terrorbirding. It's completely game breaking when used alongside the BH system. I sympathize with tamers, but put some work into balancing them please. So that it's not either utter trash or completely overpowered with no counterplay.
- Finally add more ways to get standing. Sorry but you promised it so long ago and the only thing we've got is rescuing Tindreming officer, and half a year later we still can't even rescue a Khurite officer. Start with allowing reds to take BH contracts.
- Remove blue priests from dungeons. These guys ruin the game for all, not just reds.
- Keep meduli guards if you will, BUT tune them down, at least take away their bows. Guards with bows never miss, can kill an armored lvl 125 horse in seconds, and backpedal at lightspeed.
- Honestly, let people respawn in THEIR house. Big guilds already have the advantage of being able to place priests anywhere they like. One additional respawn point that only the owner can use won't ruin the game any more than that. Some reds are actually in tiny guilds or even solo, and can't afford a stronghold.
- Add more lawless camps with refining ovens and EXTRACTION PRESS FFS. The gameworld is huge. If i'm red living in the jungle i really shouldn't be forced to ride all the way to Kranesh (do they even have the press btw?) or god forbid GK to extract some juice - simply because my profession requires this specific contraption.
- Add objectives for PvP players to fight over so that they aren't bored enough to start killing noobs at graveyards. Something like this would be cool

Last edited:

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
I honestly don't see a problem with Rep/MC. I have around 300 MC, my friend over 500, and it doesn't really affect our gameplay. Reputation system kinda sucks, but we ARE murderous scum after all.

It was much worse prior to house workbenches and stronghold priests, but now it sometimes feels like there aren't any consequences at all. And i believe there should be conseqences, but SV's approach to them was just plain wrong for a long time. They should be making lives of reds more risky, not more annoying. Being a target for bounty hunters is cool, running 20 minutes from a "nearest" priest is not.

The sheep/wolf balance is pretty good in MO2. It's not like AO black zones where everything wants to kill you. And honestly, i don't want to see MO2 turned into AO.

There are changes we really REALLY need however:

- Fix your wardec/alliance system. It's not working. While you at it, remove the idiotic 10 guilds limits from both. With 10 wardec limit, you force guilds who have 11 rivals to take MCs, become red, and after that, just ignore the rep/MC and start killing everyone. With 10 alliance limit, you deny small guilds future content like sieges, so they'll get bored and turn into murderhobos. A lot of people have become red when all they did was fighting rival guilds, people shouldn't be suffering any consequences at all for that.
- Tune down mounted terrorbirding. It's completely game breaking when used alongside the BH system. I sympathize with tamers, but put some work into balancing them please. So that it's not either utter trash or completely overpowered with no counterplay.
- Finally add more ways to get standing. Sorry but you promised it so long ago and the only thing we've got is rescuing Tindreming officer, and half a year later we still can't even rescue a Khurite officer. Start with allowing reds to take BH contracts.
- Remove blue priests from dungeons. These guys ruin the game for all, not just reds.
- Keep meduli guards if you will, BUT tune them down, at least take away their bows. Guards with bows never miss, can kill an armored lvl 125 horse in seconds, and backpedal at lightspeed.
- Honestly, let people respawn in THEIR house. Big guilds already have the advantage of being able to place priests anywhere they like. One additional respawn point that only the owner can use won't ruin the game any more than that. Some reds are actually in tiny guilds or even solo, and can't afford a stronghold.
- Add more lawless camps with refining ovens and EXTRACTION PRESS FFS. The gameworld is huge. If i'm red living in the jungle i really shouldn't be forced to ride all the way to Kranesh (do they even have the press btw?) or god forbid GK to extract some juice - simply because my profession requires this specific contraption.
- Add objectives for PvP players to fight over so that they aren't bored enough to start killing noobs at graveyards. Something like this would be cool
You got kills from graveyards, I witnessed this if you care to ask. You think you are red and the system hurts you somehow because you can’t go close to a town? Become an actual pvp player instead of a bottom feeder and man up

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You got kills from graveyards, I witnessed this if you care to ask. You think you are red and the system hurts you somehow because you can’t go close to a town? Become an actual pvp player instead of a bottom feeder and man up
I killed maybe 20 people total at Meduli GY after i joined SKIF. Most fights i had near the GY was actually against KoTO/NO/Nameless and the rest of the city's militia. These were fair fights and i hope both sides had some fun (except nameless, they trashtalk so much that i actually begin to believe that they think of us as psychopats who must be imprisoned IRL). And that was the whole purpose of killing people at the graveyard.

Anyway i don't think you've read my post properly. I don't really even care about Meduli anymore. But safezones should be limited to towns, some guards in a small area around them is ok, but they shouldn't be turning the area into a safezone with their OP bows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
I've been complaining about the slow attacks on open pvp for months, it has been a trend going only one direction for a very long time. StarVault doesn't want to listen. They have been making it harsher and harsher to be a pvper in MO2. I had a guild mate who had wayy over 1,000 murdercounts just quit the game several months/patches ago because of these consistent anti-PvPer changes. I don't blame them.

Actually, it was the patch that made the jungle camp priest khurite rep. Imagine having 1,300 Murdercounts and suddenly the place you've been getting all your pvp has reputation attached. This was of course long before you could buy a priest, so basically you can't do anything. Imagine the gameplay you're supposed to endure here, you kill 1 or 2 people and you're supposed to spend 20 or 30 minutes running a parcel. Now times that by a THOUSAND. And we just calmly watched the playerbase go from needing to have 5 servers down to just 1 in the span of a couple of weeks.

So many in the playerbase dismissed this rapid decrease in population as a lack of content or slow updates or whatever. Yeah, right. This is a sandbox MMO. Other players are the content. So when you go from being able to leisurely enjoy some pvp to making it some kind of punishing grind, people noped out right away. And many of them will not be back regardless.

Yet StarVault continues to march down this path of catering to people who prefer to hide behind guards and avoid PvP, even though they've been shown that the most dedicated players of the game were/are the people who prefer to engage in PvP. Shunning your hardcore playerbase, catering to casuals- other games have done it before, and the results haven't been too good for the game's longevity.
couldnt agree more what is your discord id love to chat my whole guild has quit over these constant attacks on pvp my guild mate also had 1000 murdercounts and was running parcels constantly and quit because he just wants to pvp and most of the time he solo pvps too and if he wins a 1v3 thats 1 and a half hours of parcel running to get the rep back like its just not worth it now hes gone i quit too after these guards added to medulii and the bounty system being trash punishing the pvpers in a pvp game is why everyones quitting nothing else the more reds who quit means the blues have no one to pvp agaisnt and if no ones dieing no ones buying anything and the economy wont work and it creates a feedback loop that casues the games pop to rapidly decline in my opninon the pvp punishment is why the majority of people have quit i probably know 50 people who have quit because of this personally

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
How about you ask for adding more Hotspots for pvp but no instead you whine about cities and especially about areas where new players hang around.... yeah real pvpers you are 🤣

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
How about you ask for adding more Hotspots for pvp but no instead you whine about cities and especially about areas where new players hang around.... yeah real pvpers you are 🤣
New players can hang around Haven.

Reactions: Tzone

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
New players can hang around Haven.

Yeah sure tell that new players that brought their whole 3g with them and just start in myrland. I mean really what logic is there to demand the graveyard over food pvp Hotspots... some ppl here are really ignorant beyond believe.