Red Priest changes

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Not trying to justify just taking a stab at how "hardcore" the PvP'rs of today are.
The entitlement comes from players thinking that their playstyle is more important than anyone else's this happens on both sides, like the talk of pvp toggle.
You pay for the game that SV puts out, your $40 doesn't give you creative privileges although I think a council of players from all playstyles could help with these kinds of decisions.

I never said one gamestyle is more important than the other, like at all. Talking about pvp toggle is an hyperbole meaning SV doesn't measure the impact of their modifications.
I don't see anything wrong with paying for a game and expect to deliver shit in good state or we gonna get into "that" type of conversation and you gonna end up saying shit like "cut em some slack" or "it's and indie company" or "every other game does this".

You see, the real problem here is some people (like you) have such a narrowed perspective that believe in this antagonistic way of polarizing "pvpers and pvers". And diminish a real problematic and fair concern into a whim only because some of the players making a case here are more emphatic and ellaborate more than you do.
If you have something important to say regarding this general concern say it, otherwise its you considering one gamestyle is more important than the other.

don't we have a quote of henrik saying clades could be reset for a small fee? :eek:

Like I said I hate to see that you all are boycotting, but I finally get to play, so I'm just kind of enjoying being on the game atm lol.

He said on last stream that theres nothing wrong with picking "any" clade skill since they are all "good" and its a matter of playstyle, like justifying theres no way to reset it, i don't care for what he says i wanna see results, this dude is filled with promises but don't deliver.

The reality is that theres no reset option for players to choose their playstyle and not all the skills are "good" theres meta shit, its undeniable and then we can talk what nobody wants to mention. Clades mix PVE and PVP skills, it sucks balls that from the design players are forced to either be effective at PVP OR PVE/crafting from the clade point of view, any person with an inch of grey matter would understand or at least vouch for not having to choose.

Different scenario would be if there were 2 trees with different currencies to lvl up that would have PVP AND PVE BUFFS, having to choose between one or the other is a stupid way to conceive characters functions. The precise reason why MO2 has a divided skill pool per character is not to replicate the model from MO1 where if you were a crafter you couldn't do any pvp whatsoever and viceversa.

Then again, clade shit feels placeholder like most of the content does. And its probably "finished" for them. Go figure.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
People can give bad reviews as they please. What I'm saying is there is a subset of people in these hardcore gaming communities that are rabid and willing to go overboard because of TEMPORARY things. Servers not working, temporary. Red priests being removed from towns, temporary. Should they have made this change with TC and placed priests? Of course they should have. But this shouldn't be a green light for people to burn their own home down. If you want to grief because thats how you play then by all means do it, that's part of the charm of MO2. If you think that by joining the griefers and spending hours outside of a gy or town murdering obvious noobs all you are doing is shooting yourself in the foot. Like I said, foresight.

I'll reiterate because I don't think you understood my post but you can and should voice your opinion on issues with the games balance ect. And you saying that SV doesn't take feedback into opinion might have been true 8 years ago with MO1 but they've definitely improved their abilities since then. I mean like others said in the thread within 2 hours of the change Henrik proposed a change that would fix alot of peoples woes.

You just need to calm down, take a couple breaths, and touch some grass.

Many groups in MO1 had this underlying philosophy of stretching everything till it broke, to take advantage as much as they could to try to reach the horizon. And this was one of the best if not the best type of feedback SV couldn't ever handle. Like, instead of taking that as a valuable resource and capitalize it they just continued to go on really shitty roads, instead of analyzing that data and make something worthy they just implemented bandaids and that is one of the reasons many of the people that used to play MO1 resents the company, specially when it feels they are replicating the same shit.

So stretching the boundaries of the game is not shooting yourself in the foot, is giving the best possible feedback and wish SV has the sobriety to interpret and analyze that information.

Ill give you a good example, we killed hundreds of horses by batki extractors on beta till one day they put 2 guards on that gate and 2 guards on stable. So at least if you killed them would lose standing. We were just helping future generations of noobs and nobody is thanking us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Your time clearly isn't that important if you bitch about the man insulting you for wasting your time but you're still gunna play his game.
to me personally watching henriks loot bags quit the game is satisfying enough. you sound like a close minded fool just my personal opinion tho toodles.

Reactions: Tzone

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I never said one gamestyle is more important than the other, like at all. Talking about pvp toggle is an hyperbole meaning SV doesn't measure the impact of their modifications.
I don't see anything wrong with paying for a game and expect to deliver shit in good state or we gonna get into "that" type of conversation and you gonna end up saying shit like "cut em some slack" or "it's and indie company" or "every other game does this".

You see, the real problem here is some people (like you) have such a narrowed perspective that believe in this antagonistic way of polarizing "pvpers and pvers". And diminish a real problematic and fair concern into a whim only because some of the players making a case here are more emphatic and ellaborate more than you do.
If you have something important to say regarding this general concern say it, otherwise its you considering one gamestyle is more important than the other.
My posts have been directed at then entire thread you are just the one that replied, some of these guys actually think their playstyle makes them superior in some way.

I agree if you pay money you should get what is advertised but that doesn't mean you will get exactly what YOU want.

I never said that one playstyle is better than another but I guess it's fun to put words in someone else mouth?

I'm sure they are more emphatic, they are getting consequences for their playstyle which they don't like, nothing puts a fire under the ass of a PvPr more than giving them consequences for their actions, same thing would happen with a full PvEr if henrik put out a patch removing guards from Bakti, I have been around MO long enough to experience all playstyles and don't place myself firmly I'm any of the categories so I view things like this with open mind and from different perspectives.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't needed, I'm not saying this was the right choice but there needed to be some sort of draw back to murdering everything as Technique has clearly stated, there was a large imbalance.
Personally I would like the whole murder count system to be more intuitive or even some sort of MC appeal judged by peers but I digress.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I would tell you this is ironic as fuck, but you don't seem like the type of person smart enough to know what a simple word like that means.
Stuff like this goes beyond the game and makes them literal human garbage, they pull this shit coz they don't have the balls or brains to go the instakilla route which may be a few steps further but is the same attitude.
I don't understand if you don't like something just leave, you don't have to tell anyone and certainly don't have to ruin it for others, they basically that kid that when he didn't get his own way would kick the ball on the roof so no one could play.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
My posts have been directed at then entire thread you are just the one that replied, some of these guys actually think their playstyle makes them superior in some way.

I agree if you pay money you should get what is advertised but that doesn't mean you will get exactly what YOU want.

I never said that one playstyle is better than another but I guess it's fun to put words in someone else mouth?

I'm sure they are more emphatic, they are getting consequences for their playstyle which they don't like, nothing puts a fire under the ass of a PvPr more than giving them consequences for their actions, same thing would happen with a full PvEr if henrik put out a patch removing guards from Bakti, I have been around MO long enough to experience all playstyles and don't place myself firmly I'm any of the categories so I view things like this with open mind and from different perspectives.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't needed, I'm not saying this was the right choice but there needed to be some sort of draw back to murdering everything as Technique has clearly stated, there was a large imbalance.
Personally I would like the whole murder count system to be more intuitive or even some sort of MC appeal judged by peers but I digress.

Nobody expects to get exacly what they want, don't be naive. We just don't expect shitty content that hasn't been evaluated nor developed enough to be added into the game.

Nobody says there shouldn't be consequences for murdering poor bastards whats beeing argued here is the nature of the patch that removed many red priests and made the remaining ones really hard to access, crippling the gameplay of a lot of people in addition of removing local grey. With a promise of TC in the future and shit like that, like come on are you for real?

So don't come by and tell me you understand when you are clueless, when you obviously don't get the pvper perspective, when having more than 5 MCs fucks your playtime by a lot, gotta run for quite a while to reach any place every single time you die.

Now if you understood pvpers perspective and you played at all like one you would understand that small mid scale PVP (not talking about noob ganking) can get you 5+ murdercounts in just a couple of fights, specially now that local grey is removed. So even attempting to have a fight will ultra punish the one that gets grey first cuz no matter what whoever fights that grey can report incase dies.

So, the casual pvp that was such a lovely ass feature in this game has been completly removed. And the explanation that was given is that they "plan to add TC" in the future, that they want to re-direct the entire murderer population to GK and Kran, so they are limiting the playstyle of hundreds of people to a few small places in the game.

So don't come here and tell me im pissed cuz they don't add what i want into the game, saying that is being a clueless idiot that can't understand the nature of the game neither the mechanics that have been added nor the impact in the gamestyles that are crippled by these changes.

We all agree standing system is half baked, nobody with a tiny bit of brain can deny that. But this is not a balance patch, this is a hardbrake for a gamestyle and im not talking about ganking noobs. It is such a stoopid bitch ass patch that even Henrik said they wanna add red priests outside of keeps, go figure...
All i see here is the adding of stupid ass arbitrary restrictions and SV are morons for even rushing such a dog ass patch like this.
Technik is a noob and can suck a thursar dick with hes "they gonna add TC" or "they gonna add red priests to keeps" or "it was bad timing patch", saying shit like that is justifying dog ass development.

Theres massive flaws with the MC system, with the standing system and report system that are not beeing addressed and instead we get these hardbrake restrictions. If you really wanna discuss shit then bring me real arguments and not some shallow bitch ass shit.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Nobody expects to get exacly what they want, don't be naive. We just don't expect shitty content that hasn't been evaluated nor developed enough to be added into the game.

Nobody says there shouldn't be consequences for murdering poor bastards whats beeing argued here is the nature of the patch that removed many red priests and made the remaining ones really hard to access, crippling the gameplay of a lot of people in addition of removing local grey. With a promise of TC in the future and shit like that, like come on are you for real?

So don't come by and tell me you understand when you are clueless, when you obviously don't get the pvper perspective, when having more than 5 MCs fucks your playtime by a lot, gotta run for quite a while to reach any place every single time you die.

Now if you understood pvpers perspective and you played at all like one you would understand that small mid scale PVP (not talking about noob ganking) can get you 5+ murdercounts in just a couple of fights, specially now that local grey is removed. So even attempting to have a fight will ultra punish the one that gets grey first cuz no matter what whoever fights that grey can report incase dies.

So, the casual pvp that was such a lovely ass feature in this game has been completly removed. And the explanation that was given is that they "plan to add TC" in the future, that they want to re-direct the entire murderer population to GK and Kran, so they are limiting the playstyle of hundreds of people to a few small places in the game.

So don't come here and tell me im pissed cuz they don't add what i want into the game, saying that is being a clueless idiot that can't understand the nature of the game neither the mechanics that have been added nor the impact in the gamestyles that are crippled by these changes.

We all agree standing system is half baked, nobody with a tiny bit of brain can deny that. But this is not a balance patch, this is a hardbrake for a gamestyle and im not talking about ganking noobs. It is such a stoopid bitch ass patch that even Henrik said they wanna add red priests outside of keeps, go figure...
All i see here is the adding of stupid ass arbitrary restrictions and SV are morons for even rushing such a dog ass patch like this.
Technik is a noob and can suck a thursar dick with hes "they gonna add TC" or "they gonna add red priests to keeps" or "it was bad timing patch", saying shit like that is justifying dog ass development.

Theres massive flaws with the MC system, with the standing system and report system that are not beeing addressed and instead we get these hardbrake restrictions. If you really wanna discuss shit then bring me real arguments and not some shallow bitch ass shit.
Somehow you have read my post and decided I'm defending this change which I am not, I have said multiple times I do not agree with nor like it, I do agree that there needs to be some balance between playstyles, but I see you still have a hate boner for SV which is effecting your comprehension, local grey last 4 minutes it wasn't removed.

Clueless? I have had red characters in every version of MO going back further than pre TC , from times when you had to return somewhere get stated up (couldn't walk into town) to returning to guild priest gearing up in Kran and walking back to bakti or meduli to fight the militia, shit 1 day in the GGA vs Nutcup war you would end up with 50+ MCs.
I difference is I'm not going to take my grievance about a patch out on others with the intention of try to kill the game or hurt the company that makes it.

Reactions: Valoran

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Somehow you have read my post and decided I'm defending this change which I am not, I have said multiple times I do not agree with nor like it, I do agree that there needs to be some balance between playstyles, but I see you still have a hate boner for SV which is effecting your comprehension, local grey last 4 minutes it wasn't removed.

Clueless? I have had red characters in every version of MO going back further than pre TC , from times when you had to return somewhere get stated up (couldn't walk into town) to returning to guild priest gearing up in Kran and walking back to bakti or meduli to fight the militia, shit 1 day in the GGA vs Nutcup war you would end up with 50+ MCs.
I difference is I'm not going to take my grievance about a patch out on others with the intention of try to kill the game or hurt the company that makes it.

Its ok to be a fanboi dude. Don't matter what you have played in MO1 and how much you enjoyed statloss to be honest. That you don't care bout the changes don't mean others won't. For you people talking about this shitty patch is being entitled, go figure.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Its ok to be a fanboi dude. Don't matter what you have played in MO1 and how much you enjoyed statloss to be honest. That you don't care bout the changes don't mean others won't. For you people talking about this shitty patch is being entitled, go figure.
I'm convinced you just don't or can't read, or you are just looking for conflict idk hey you could always just build a palisade outside Meduli again

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

You spent the whole post agreeing it wasn't balanced and then started talking shit lol.

I don't even agree with the change lol

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I would tell you this is ironic as fuck, but you don't seem like the type of person smart enough to know what a simple word like that means.
killing off his monthly subs doesn't hurt my pocket. pvp makes me happy its a win win kid. are you stuipd or is this an abstract concept to your brain?

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Imagine not being angry at SV for continuing to halfass systems with mechanics that are based on something else to be patched in at some undisclosed time in the distant future, thus breaking the game.

Imagine too being a Beta tester and knowing SV has been doing this for over a year

Bitter Mo1 vets have a point in this respect. SV keeps doing it and people should rightfully be mad about it. Don't tell me you're going to change the tires on my car and then give it back to me with 2 flat tires and the back tires being just rims.