Potions so far

Dec 10, 2020
View attachment 600

seadew has more to offer than that

-barcode
I further refined mine and got it to my snip in this next post but that's it.. it is maxed out...is yours 100% Sea Dew Leaves base? Or did you mix in Salvia? The only way I could see it getting higher than this is if there's a mystery object out there I somehow haven't gotten my hands on ever or you added in Salvia...

1608977517712.png

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Also nymph erb ? If I am right.

Nymph herb is the best HoT ingredient of what I have found in-game so far. That means it will likely be a component in later recipes but probably not in very large quantities. Despite the curve in ingredients' usefulness, weaker ingredients seem to give very limited benefits and quite frequently are detrimental.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I admire your enthusiasm to get the best potions from the current available materials!

After long exploration runs through the current map I missed Salvia so far and have only eleven plants on my list. Three of them are flowers plus Wolfbrush, which can't be used for potions. And some of the plants are growing at very few spots so far. In total it doesn't make sense for to to spend much time into potions yet. I will wait for more plants and more spots.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I admire your enthusiasm to get the best potions from the current available materials!

After long exploration runs through the current map I missed Salvia so far and have only eleven plants on my list. Three of them are flowers plus Wolfbrush, which can't be used for potions. And some of the plants are growing at very few spots so far. In total it doesn't make sense for to to spend much time into potions yet. I will wait for more plants and more spots.

Isn´t the problem that the lore skills for those plants don´t activate? That´s how I interpreted and reported it anyway.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Isn´t the problem that the lore skills for those plants don´t activate? That´s how I interpreted and reported it anyway.

I started first tests with Sea Dew and extracted Sea Dew Leaves. Then I noticed the increasing Herbology skill and its influence to the quality of the healing potion. I really did not remember this from MO1, where I went into alchemy many many years ago and had all skills maxed.

I'm just on maxing Herbology and used the last days to gather some materials.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I started first tests with Sea Dew and extracted Sea Dew Leaves. Then I noticed the increasing Herbology skill and its influence to the quality of the healing potion. I really did not remember this from MO1, where I went into alchemy many many years ago and had all skills maxed.

I'm just on maxing Herbology and used the last days to gather some materials.

Yeah, I think gaining a skill with extraction works. So getting waterstone lore when using the amarantum in the crusher works. With the plants it seems that you can´t use them in cooking or alchemy because you lack the lore, and you can´t learn the lore from extraction because there is nothing extract. In MO1 you would have had to get a book.

My point is that I think we could use them in those professions, but we don´t have a way of activating the skills yet.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
My point is that I think we could use them in those professions, but we don´t have a way of activating the skills yet.

Yes, seems to be so. We have top wait for some more materials and plants coming into the game. The only other skill I learned from extraction next to Herbology has been Carpology, but I did not try any extraction from rocks yet.

Dec 10, 2020

I have found 18 pickables, but I have become aware of a 19th that I just can't seem to find...

• Wow
Reactions: Xunila

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Sea Dew Leaves potion, making good progress learning more 🥀
View attachment 584

nice! I think this is pretty much the max you can get for sea dew potion with the materials we have available now
(did you use nymph herb for instance?)

If the devs add chalk glance lore we can get skadite which should push the sea dew leaves potions well above 40 (or 4.0 in MO2 terms)

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

Solved with the latest patch! After using Bor in alchemy I learned the lore, and now I'm able to use Wolfbrush in alchemy, too.

Dec 10, 2020
Solved with the latest patch! After using Bor in alchemy I learned the lore, and now I'm able to use Wolfbrush in alchemy, too.
This has been in for a while, there's ways to learn Lores with most things if you make something weird. I have Bor at 82...it takes ages to level.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
This has been in for a while, there's ways to learn Lores with most things if you make something weird. I have Bor at 82...it takes ages to level.

Really? But not for alchemy! When I started my alchemy tests immediately after the alchemy patch I did not learn Bor lore from using bor in a potion. But nice to see the new development. Now I go again to watch out for more materials in the current world.