Potions so far

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I'm interested. lol Any idea where they were exploring?

nope. I went around the old salvia area (east of meduli, ES keep, ant highway) for around one hour and a half, found nothing, died falling from a mountain, TPed back to meduli and logged out :D

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
pretty sure hot pots require aloe vera, which i havent found any yet

-barcode

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Someone figured any HOT potions out yet?

I've figured out a few major ingredients for extending the duration but very few ingredients offer healing ticks, much less ones with worthwhile numbers on them. It appears some of the best ingredients for doing it historically aren't in-game yet.

Reactions: Xunila
Dec 10, 2020
I'm not sure what to think of it. So far the best Sea Dew leaves base I could get was 3.11 and the best Salvia base I have made so far was 3.86. And while those are nice, and a couple people in this thread have shown that there's still a thing or two out there I can find that will make mine better still (and I could have done better with my Salvia on one step for sure, but I just didn't have enough to repeat it)...it feels like Alchemy is somewhat underwhelming? I threw myself off a building for 70 damage, drank a 3.11 0.2 weight and only went up 31hp it seemed like.

Which...that's nice and all, but what we have starting out doesn't seem super impressive if around 38-40hp is the best. Those are no small amount of effort to make either. It could be that I just expect too much.

Last edited:

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
not all materials are in yet

the interface now allows for 16 ingredients, which means if everything stays the same, direct healing can get up over 130hp/10pu with salvia oil base, possibly higher depending on how things shake out

i agree tho the material cost can be quite high, i think the 10:1 ratio is rather prohibitive in making potions accessible as its a *lot* of gathering to make potions, even commodity potions based on seadew will require a *lot* of time spent gathering the seadew itself to say nothing of whats required for salvia pots.

-barcode

Reactions: Evelyn Darkwave
Dec 10, 2020
not all materials are in yet

the interface now allows for 16 ingredients, which means if everything stays the same, direct healing can get up over 130hp/10pu with salvia oil base, possibly higher depending on how things shake out

i agree tho the material cost can be quite high, i think the 10:1 ratio is rather prohibitive in making potions accessible as its a *lot* of gathering to make potions, even commodity potions based on seadew will require a *lot* of time spent gathering the seadew itself to say nothing of whats required for salvia pots.

-barcode
Just thinking of Salvia Oil at current rates makes me want to cry, as fun as that would be to make. Potions are gonna be insanely expensive until we get the rest of the ingredients. Like I think for a total newbie I am doing pretty well with this and figuring it out but wow it's daunting the grinding x traveling time right now.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Most "multiplier" materials are missing. And there is no press in the game yet so the amount of Salvia Oil is very low. I'm just gathering materials and trying some potions, but it really doesn't make sense in the current state of the game to go for good healing potions.

Dec 10, 2020
Poisons also appear to not work correctly? Anyone else notice this? I made a nasty poison on purpose and drank it but...nothing happened. Not even 1 damage.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
and that is very good this way
i would much rather the generic 50hp/10pu seadew based pots to be inexpensive and a normal part of gearing out. high end pots should remain expensive and rare

-barcode

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
At official release remove npc bandages, only potions and bandages (if implemented) made from players maybe could be a good idea for the market and to make more interesting this profession.

Reactions: Xunila

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
i would much rather the generic 50hp/10pu seadew based pots to be inexpensive and a normal part of gearing out. high end pots should remain expensive and rare

-barcode
pretty sure it will be that way once they add more ingredient and such to boost sea dew ones. I have seen the seadew spots, it is abondant.

Dec 10, 2020
At official release remove npc bandages, only potions and bandages (if implemented) made from players maybe could be a good idea for the market and to make more interesting this profession.
This. I think a big part of the general "meh" feeling is that Minor Bandage can hit upwards of 51 and even though they have separate cooldowns and the bandage takes longer to go off, it still has an impact on us.