Please make towns as unsafe as MO1 towns were, but do it better

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Please make towns as unsafe as MO1 towns were, but do it better.

Extracting and crafting is boring, not because of timers or tedious repetition. But because guards are stationary instead of patrolling and because no one can snipe from rooftops or assault the extractors. Ofc they can do this by suicide attack combined with the slimy necro spell to steal loot. But that is not a good risk, cause there is almost no defense.

With rooftops where guards cant go(sniping positions) and patrolling nonteleporting guards, criminals have a chance and we the merchants and extractors have more fun, even city dwelling blues play cause MO is a dangerous world.
In MO1 Tindrem, planning my tasks included checking for known criminals in the area, and looking over my shoulder constantly being on guard.
Please bring the danger back.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The issue is standing. People don't want to do anything that isnt free. Getting into a 3v3? That's way too many parcels to run if you win. And the other group definately isnt goign to start it, they dont want to lose their stupid standing. So the only people who will do anything are the ones like me who don't care about standing. But I'm not in town. So town is completely safe.

Reactions: grendel

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
I always thought the guards should only attack if they have line of sight to the grey criminal or someone uses the /guards command if they have line of sight. I agree everything is way way to safe in MO2.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
They should work the criminal system before this can happen, also towns are not safe, there are a lot of spots without guards.
I thought that SV declared it an exploit to use the unguarded rooftop spots for sniping?
And yea, criminal system/flagging system is lacking for sure.
I always thought the guards should only attack if they have line of sight to the grey criminal or someone uses the /guards command if they have line of sight. I agree everything is way way to safe in MO2.
Yes, guards limited by line of sight would be awesome.

Frelsa

Jan 12, 2023
The whole map besides guarded towns is plenty of space for danger. And there is also griefing that happens in town in guard blindspots. The game allows for lots of opportunities for players who like to be in or create unsafe, unstable environments. In doing so, the game is already very restrictive towards players who prefer non-rpk playstyles. What the game truly lacks is enough space for all playstyles mostly due to a criminal system that does not effectively deter griefers.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
The whole map besides guarded towns is plenty of space for danger. And there is also griefing that happens in town in guard blindspots. The game allows for lots of opportunities for players who like to be in or create unsafe, unstable environments. In doing so, the game is already very restrictive towards players who prefer non-rpk playstyles. What the game truly lacks is enough space for all playstyles mostly due to a criminal system that does not effectively deter griefers.
Urban robbers should be a valid playstyle imo. There is a big difference between griefing and robbery or murder.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If someone can answer me the simple question of WHO IS PAYING THESE GUARDS to stand on top of each other, make little bowling pin structures or Pyramids, I might accept it. It's ugly, it's laggy, and it's un-immersive!

Can we also get SHIFT CHANGES? High powered guards should have very short leashes (you think they'd leave their post?? Folk quote: "They cannot quit station/which is our salvation." https://mainlynorfolk.info/peter.bellamy/songs/poorhonestmen.html ,) as well as it would be awesome for flavor if there were WAY FEWER GUARDS at NIGHT! WOW. Imagine! Something LOGICAL and INTERESTING.

But yeah, most cities would go broke quick-fast trying to pay all these guards to stand around.

Lashaniqua

May 28, 2020

Extracting and crafting is boring, not because of timers or tedious repetition. But because guards are stationary instead of patrolling and because no one can snipe from rooftops or assault the extractors. Ofc they can do this by suicide attack combined with the slimy necro spell to steal loot. But that is not a good risk, cause there is almost no defense.

With rooftops where guards cant go(sniping positions) and patrolling nonteleporting guards, criminals have a chance and we the merchants and extractors have more fun, even city dwelling blues play cause MO is a dangerous world.
In MO1 Tindrem, planning my tasks included checking for known criminals in the area, and looking over my shoulder constantly being on guard.
thievery really made a town feel alive too!

• Love
Reactions: CherryKush

manure

May 7, 2022

AMEN.
Thats the whole point... The game is only good when its exciting.
They screwed bad with the game when they added 6547383923939 town guards everywhere... They even screwed more when they added guards outside towns...
Jesus, I still vomit today when I see guards patrolling MEDULI´S GRAVEYARD !!
For god sake... They placed guards inside a cemetery !!

And its not a simple guard... its an INSTA KILLING lictor guard.
Try going gray outside Meduli and you will die in 1 shoot, maybe 3 if your char has a lot of CON.

The other day I was buying reags in Tindrem... I was typing numbers to buy calamines and accidently casted HAILSTONE. Since its a fast spell, I wasnt able to ancel the spell in time, so it shot the ground.
Guess what happened ? I was insta killed by a teleporting lictor.
Jesus... Absolutely no chance to escape... It would be cool if I could at lest TRY to escape... I know all the alleys, rooftops windows...I should be able to run and escape from the guards and hide, like it was possible on MO1.
But no. It took 1 second and I was killed before I even realized what happened.

This game needs DANGERS... But not danger in the middle of nowhere !
It needs danger where the crowd is located (TOWNS)... and around towns.

Id vote YES for an aggressive reduction of town guards.

Everybody agrees that this game was much better in its beginning... Do you remember how exciting it was when u actually had to take care of your horse inside towns ? There was people shooting on roofs... You had to use your brains to avoid...

Anyway, I cant wait for this TC siege crap to end soon, so that they may start focusing on THIEVERY to bring back some excitement to this game !

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
AMEN.
Thats the whole point... The game is only good when its exciting.
They screwed bad with the game when they added 6547383923939 town guards everywhere... They even screwed more when they added guards outside towns...
Jesus, I still vomit today when I see guards patrolling MEDULI´S GRAVEYARD !!
For god sake... They placed guards inside a cemetery !!

And its not a simple guard... its an INSTA KILLING lictor guard.
Try going gray outside Meduli and you will die in 1 shoot, maybe 3 if your char has a lot of CON.

The other day I was buying reags in Tindrem... I was typing numbers to buy calamines and accidently casted HAILSTONE. Since its a fast spell, I wasnt able to ancel the spell in time, so it shot the ground.
Guess what happened ? I was insta killed by a teleporting lictor.
Jesus... Absolutely no chance to escape... It would be cool if I could at lest TRY to escape... I know all the alleys, rooftops windows...I should be able to run and escape from the guards and hide, like it was possible on MO1.
But no. It took 1 second and I was killed before I even realized what happened.

This game needs DANGERS... But not danger in the middle of nowhere !
It needs danger where the crowd is located (TOWNS)... and around towns.

Id vote YES for an aggressive reduction of town guards.

Everybody agrees that this game was much better in its beginning... Do you remember how exciting it was when u actually had to take care of your horse inside towns ? There was people shooting on roofs... You had to use your brains to avoid...

Anyway, I cant wait for this TC siege crap to end soon, so that they may start focusing on THIEVERY to bring back some excitement to this game !
Hypocrite, at least don't mention the name of Jesus, your lord Mammon.:D

grendel

Jun 13, 2020

bump