Please keep movement speed the same

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
also henrik stated today that a relative slow MS ist healthy for a "good" combat.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
first person is a core premise though, so is fun and skillfull gameplay. Moving as fast as a snail is not.

It's not fast as a snail stop lying. Two different visions.

If you want to turn MO into just another video game, sure speed things up.

Game already has a high skill ceiling. Stop blaiming lack of it on speed.

• Sad
Reactions: Piet

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
If you want to turn MO into just another video game, sure speed things up.
There are many features that make MO unique that it's borderline impossible to make it "just another videogame" without removing every single one of them. Increasing the movement-speed is not going to change that.

Reactions: Piet

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
There are many features that make MO unique that it's borderline impossible to make it "just another videogame" without removing every single one of them. Increasing the movement-speed is not going to change that.

Yes it will, it dramatically changes how players fight. You will be forced to run in circles constantly to be competitive.

You won't be able to hold your ground or use formations in combat because its gonna turn into a ice-skating bunny hopping twirling spinny mess.

Prediction will get fucked as well.

Instead of fights taking place in a location, it will turn into a 3 city kite fight and I hate that shit with a passion. Looks lame, feels lamer.

Meridian

Jun 11, 2020
The electric slide is already back from this combat change. Prediction is torn to hell. Finally the game is skill based like MO1. Combat was best around the time of the stress test change my mind.
Yeah, I noticed. Gotta say I'm disappointed with the new changes. I'm hoping to play this as an MMO with quality gameplay, I enjoyed the slower combat, if I wanted fast-paced shit I'd go play Battlefield or something.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
You will be forced to run in circles constantly to be competitive.
Not true. I'm certain it will be tried by certain people, but proper footwork will beat it like it does now, regardless of speed.

You won't be able to hold your ground or use formations in combat because its gonna turn into a ice skating bunny hopping mess.
You can do that regardless of speed aswell. Nothing is going to stop you. I don't know you fight, but having two sides just smashing into eachother at walking speed is not something people are going to do, they are going to try and flank and disorientate to get kills in and overrun the weaker side.

bunny hopping mess.
follow your own advise
stop lying

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
We went from 489 to 425, there's some room in between for sure.

the sky isn't falling, it was tested at super slow and I hope they'll test tweaking it up a bit.

Reactions: P42ALPHA

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Not true. I'm certain it will be tried by certain people, but proper footwork will beat it like it does now, regardless of speed.

You can do that regardless of speed aswell. Nothing is going to stop you. I don't know you fight, but having two sides just smashing into eachother at walking speed is not something people are going to do, they are going to try and flank and disorientate to get kills in and overrun the weaker side.

follow your own advise

I like how you completely skipped my comment on prediction when poorly picking apart my post lol.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It already feels too fast if not perfect tbh
We were running at lean veela speed before this,

right now we're running at unbuilt character speed relative to mo 1.

Whether you feel its too fast or too slow it was reduced by a massive amount, so you'll still be taking a net gain if you wanted it slower than it was before.

A small bit of an increase won't be too bad.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Prediction will get fucked as well.
Why don't we crank up the speed and find out? We are in a testing phase, after all.

Instead of fights taking place in a location, it will turn into a 3 city kite fight and I hate that shit with a passion. Looks lame, feels lamer.
That won't be a problem considering how large the map is now. If you are that concerned either don't chase or kill them before they can run.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Why don't we crank up the speed and find out? We are in a testing phase, after all.

That won't be a problem considering how large the map is now. If you are that concerned either don't chase or kill them before they can run.

Its called mounts. If you speed it up archers wont hit shit anymore. Everyone will just Unreal tournament bunny hop away or you can cover 30 yards in a couple seconds, wont be able to get an arrow off before getting slashed. (MO1)

We already had shit cranked up and made combat look cartoony as fuck

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
If you speed it up archers wont hit shit anymore
wont be able to get an arrow off before getting slashed.
You will need to aim better, that's it. Keep better distance between you and your enemy, or even better, ask your team-mates to cover for you and intercept someone running at you.
We already had shit cranked up and made combat look cartoony as fuck
Glad this game doesn't have spectator-mode, then? What matters most is gameplay, and if you want successfull combat, how skillfull it is. Sitting in a blob trading hits until the other side dies is about as unskillfull as it gets.