Please keep movement speed the same

Steinerr

May 29, 2020
Highest priority is FUN and a working game.

And the only way to find out how much we can get away with in this engine and its current mechanics is to TEST.

There really is no other way and this current version needs all the help it can get.

This is not the final version of Mortal Online 2 There is always room for improvement.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It's true, only a very naive person would say that any system is perfect and cannot be improved upon further.

It is also highly likely that increasing the base move speed by +5 or +10 will not cause any extreme amount of extra desync, however I would also argue that were it not for the numbers being available in the paperdoll you would also not even notice such a small change given that 425 to 435 is only a 2.3% increase in speed.

The result would be people moving very slightly faster, while being hit from very slightly further away in fights, and peoples movement on screen being very slightly more jerky / desynced due to the prediction being less accurate.

I've said it before, and it has been stated by others in this thread already, but my issue with things like this is if the speed were increased to a point where the people advocating for a speed increase were actually happy with it, the negatives would be too high for a lot of people to accept.

This is likely true because these same people were completely happy and content when we had 489 move speed, and saw no issue with it.

As has also been said before, I would wait until we get the correct racial and clade attributes to see just how fast a lean or even skinny veela will run by comparison as we don't have any confirmation on where this current speed will fall on the spectrum.

So at the moment it could potentially be a case of "I don't like how slow humans run" and not yet having the option to play a veela and run +10 speed faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyloth

Mykaeleus

Dec 24, 2020
I'd rather they skimp on the immersion a little bit in favour of faster movement for more fun and skillful gameplay.

Mortal Online presents only the illusion of skill, anyone who thinks you can be competitive in a game like this is lying to themselves, it has and likely always will be, filled with moment to moment gameplay that is unreliable from any two comparable points of view, poor network communication and egregiously balanced racial gifts.

If you want to dedicate your time to something that contains skill potential, start anywhere but Mortal Online.

Reactions: Zyloth and FurSail

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Mortal Online presents only the illusion of skill, anyone who thinks you can be competitive in a game like this is lying to themselves, it has and likely always will be, filled with moment to moment gameplay that is unreliable from any two comparable points of view, poor network communication and egregiously balanced racial gifts.

If you want to dedicate your time to something that contains skill potential, start anywhere but Mortal Online.

This guy honestly has it all figured out.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

It really depends imo. You got it right with a smaller skill ceiling present and with more rock/paper/scissor combat.

The higher the skill ceiling and the more "equal" balance is the more competitive the game will become.

When a character no matter which combat style can fight several good players no matter their "class" through skill and with no handholding as in using AI or heat seeking spells but have to aim every attack, thats when the game can truly be competitive. Like early MO was.

Back when you could solo a group of 5-10 average players with relative ease if you where a good or better player.

Zerotrigger

Nov 30, 2020
Back to the original point, I believe that normal speed should stay as is, but sprinting could be increased ever so slightly. Also we haven't seen what high dex builds are capable of yet. So its probably better to just wait and see.