Pings effect on melee combat. VIDEO linked.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Try watching the video then telling that to an Aussie player that is supposed to be competitive in the eyes of the developers.
I said "most people" for a reason. Australians are a very small minority in MO's population. Or are you suggesting we also make ping normalized for people in Antarctica too?

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
this is very true. We need a NA west coast server.
No we don't. Majority of the players are EU as Henrik said. It would also make zero sense to host a European game made by European developers in America...

Rhias

May 28, 2020
No we don't. Majority of the players are EU as Henrik said. It would also make zero sense to host a European game made by European developers in America...
According to my Youtube statistics ~40% are from US, Canada and Brazil. That makes EU still the majority, but probably not as big a majority as you might think.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
According to my Youtube statistics ~40% are from US, Canada and Brazil. That makes EU still the majority, but probably not as big a majority as you might think.
You are using youtube stats whereas Henrik has the hard numbers himself. I think we both know who to trust more.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That's a causal fallacy. The game is majority EU because there are more EU gamers interested.
I don’t think you really know that.

you definitely can’t say with any certainty that the people who didn’t play because they were not interested in the eu server is not significant. You just can’t

Chef

Sep 17, 2021

you definitely can’t say with any certainty that the people who didn’t play because they were not interested in the eu server is not significant. You just can’t
I'm not saying it, I'm just affirming what Henrik stated. And he has all the numbers to back it up.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I'm not saying it, I'm just affirming what Henrik stated. And he has all the numbers to back it up.
he has backed nothing up, you made a claim that most people are EU, yeah, thats because NA and other countries immediately back out because its not competitive. Every time someone mentions that we need another server, you cuck boys seem to come parading in trying to stop any progress. Get over it, the game sucks for anyone not in EU

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I said "most people" for a reason. Australians are a very small minority in MO's population. Or are you suggesting we also make ping normalized for people in Antarctica too?
yes, cause then everyone would be equalized. Whats the problem? OH thats right, you literally need an advantage.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Hmmm. When and where did Henrik say this? He seemed to dodge the question when I saw it asked on his stream.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm. When and where did Henrik say this? He seemed to dodge the question when I saw it asked on his stream.
exactly, dude never said it. Hes just making up stuff at this point because he needs his advantage.

WoW is an american company, but yet, there are servers all over the world. Whats the excuse.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
make the map smaller, add another server. Playerbase will increase. If it decreases, merge the servers into scottland.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
That's a causal fallacy. The game is majority EU because there are more EU gamers interested.
If the game is mostly EU, open an NA server then. You wont split the playerbase since theyre all EU right? Whats the point of a global server if everyone is EU anyways, unless Henrik is too poor to pay for more servers.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
If the game is mostly EU, open an NA server then. You wont split the playerbase since theyre all EU right? Whats the point of a global server if everyone is EU anyways, unless Henrik is too poor to pay for more servers.
it doesnt cost millions to keep up a 1k person server. Its literally just him not wanting to pay for it out of our sub money. Says we got 8k concurrent right now. so that means 40x8000= $320,000. Already. That doesnt count the ones that have bought and havent played.

The idea"they dont have the funds" is bullshit when you have wow, uo, and varous other mmos with private servers housing more players that play this game.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
it doesnt cost millions to keep up a 1k person server. Its literally just him not wanting to pay for it out of our sub money. Says we got 8k concurrent right now. so that means 40x8000= $320,000. Already. That doesnt count the ones that have bought and havent played.

The idea"they dont have the funds" is bullshit when you have wow, uo, and varous other mmos with private servers housing more players that play this game.

I don't think its about not being able to afford it.
SV says that having 1 world server is one of the core pillars of MO.

Reactions: Rorry and Chef
Sep 11, 2021
Thanks a lot for this video. As a NA player, I've noticed the delay as well, and it's bad for any action-combat game to have latency issues - more so in a MMORPG where I can potentially lose hours of progress because a EU player has better ping. I feel like I'm forced to play a mage or archer, when I'd like to use melee as well.

I know the devs really want there to be one global server, but honestly why is it so bad to give NA (or even Australia) our own servers? I'm a *potential* monthly customer, so why aren't my needs for a minimal-latency gaming experience being considered over the devs' desire for one mega-server?

This game is amazing, but I'm having trouble justifying paying to play every month where I'm at a disadvantage...