Pings effect on melee combat. VIDEO linked.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Thanks a lot for this video. As a NA player, I've noticed the delay as well, and it's bad for any action-combat game to have latency issues - more so in a MMORPG where I can potentially lose hours of progress because a EU player has better ping. I feel like I'm forced to play a mage or archer, when I'd like to use melee as well.

I know the devs really want there to be one global server, but honestly why is it so bad to give NA (or even Australia) our own servers? I'm a *potential* monthly customer, so why aren't my needs for a minimal-latency gaming experience being considered over the devs' desire for one mega-server?

This game is amazing, but I'm having trouble justifying paying to play every month where I'm at a disadvantage...
thats that point right there.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Yeah but if almost all of MO players are EU, whats the point of a global server?
EU players are most of the playerbase because NA players dont want to play at a massive disadvantage. What do you not understand from this?

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I prefer the idea of one world server. It does protect against pop issues the game "could" have, to a degree. It's also a nice change of pace as well to be able to play with people from all walks of life which you don't tend to see anymore in online games due to everything being regionally divided.

End of the day, the solution isn't to just throw the one world server idea out the window. At face value, it has merit. However, the technology that surrounds it and allows us to all play competitively needs to be extremely well implemented and to be honest, it's almost there. Hopefully SV delivers and we can explore this parry normalisation approach over the next few months prior to launch.
it is not "almost there" if one player has double the amount of time to block, that is not almost there.

Tech doesnt exist for what theyre trying to do.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
That's exaggerated. SV did quite a few things to make it better playable for high ping. It's also one of the reasons why the combat system is that slow.
i dont get hit out of range in other games, melee doesnt work with ping interpolation, MO one shows this.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
A circular argument fallacy? Really? Listen. There is no point to be countered if all your "evidence" is a fallacy. It would be fruitless to go off of misconceived notions.
like yours? you claim that there is no difference, video shows otherwise. Many players speaking out about this and here you are, with a logical fallacy still going in circles because you want an advantage. I understand youre very bad at everything else and get beat by americans all the time. Get over it.

Reactions: Tzone