Myrland instances go against core game design

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
If this is true, this goes against the "core" game design I keep hearing from henrick and the community. The whole appeal of mortal online 2 is the one world one server design. I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?

Few things I'm curious about...

If they do indeed add myrland instances.. How will it be managed? Will it be like havens where we can go to different instances at will? My thing that worries me is if a fight is going on and the losing party decides to instance to another world.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It's a temporary solution for now while they slowly work on the main Myrland server to increase population cap, so that we can all log in and play for the time being instead of being stuck in the 3,300 place in queue.

In time, these Myrland instances will become the other continents like Sarducaa, Nordveld and so forth. You won't be able to build structures on these Myrland instances other than on the main one that we are all currently playing on.

LuceInGame

Jan 31, 2022
This option should be out of question, i am one of the new players, but i am attracted by the hardcore features of the game.
If we don't keep the base design concept then what could change next? This is the easy road and i am fully against it... Use the money from the release and add the next continent in 2 month... Make a video saying "This is a hardcore game and only hardcore players can play it"... throw fuel into the fire, the long-term success of the game is the only thing that matters.

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
This option should be out of question, i am one of the new players, but i am attracted by the hardcore features of the game.
If we don't keep the base design concept then what could change next? This is the easy road and i am fully against it... Use the money from the release and add the next continent in 2 month... Make a video saying "This is a hardcore game and only hardcore players can play it"... throw fuel into the fire, the long-term success of the game is the only thing that matters.
This is why I'm like wtf. What else can change from their initial core game design. What's next? Maybe they'll add a fast travel system? I'm not saying they will do something that extreme, but this whole instance thing doesn't sit well with me. Maybe it's not a big deal in the end.... Only time will tell

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
For the proper context on these Myrland instances, I will refer anyone who is interested to this announcement by Henrik:

Dear Community,

The launch has been a struggle when it comes to handling the number of players on Myrland as you all know. We have a core vision of one world and have been working towards that for many years. Not having the ability to get real cases with the amount of players needed to progress in this field makes this a very time consuming step, and mostly, a big frustration for our players. It shouldn't feel as if our players who bought the game are testing this process. In this I have failed to make it work in an acceptable timeframe.

We have done several patches that have increased the overall stable population cap by 300-600 at a time and we are reaching decent numbers for Myrland, but not enough to support our 10k that want to play on Myrland now.

This means we have decided that we need to do what's necessary to make sure everyone can play directly. This means we will add additional continents, just as planned for future continents like Sarducaa etc, but it will be Myrland for now. You will be able to travel back and forth, as you do between different Haven instances now, and things will remain persistent with your character and guild status. However you will not be able to build on these extra Myrland continents, only on the main one.
This gives us headroom to continue our work on improving our continent's capacity. We are also working on our upcoming continents that will replace the extra Myrland continents whenever they are ready.

We need a few days until we can deploy these extra continents and let all of you in, and we will update you when we have the final day and time for this.

/Henrik Nyström and the Star Vault team.
@everyone

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Its either that or multiple servers. You simply cannot have tens of thousands of people one one node and expect it to work. It doesnt work. If it did one of the aaa companies would have done it already. Its not possible. Get over it and make multiple servers already.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
If they do indeed add myrland instances.. How will it be managed? Will it be like havens where we can go to different instances at will? My thing that worries me is if a fight is going on and the losing party decides to instance to another world.

I agree this system is against the original design of the game. But it seems to be the only way to get all players into the game and not into Haven only or into the queue game. For me it's a nice temporary solution and should work fine.

Switching instances will for sure be restricted. In Haven you have to go into the city and talk to the statue to change. It's not possible in the wild and also not possible during a fight: talking to the statue will probably be interrupted when you get damage. StarVault could add some more penalty for switching between the instances e.g. with a fee (gold coins) or by losing clade gift points or by a restriction to once a week or others.

The advantage for players in mirror instances will probably be: less PvP! I think, and some guild mates talked about this, too, that most PvP will be in the main Myrland because of keeps and houses.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
To preserve the player base, SV needs to open these temporary Myrland instances. A small fraction of the playerbase is currently able to play at any given time. The main Myrland server cluster is unable to maintain the load/activity due to not only optimization reasons, but also technological limitations.

Almost two weeks with most players being unable to access the game properly, is unacceptable. So this needs to be done, until SV can optimize their login and main servers to handle traffic a lot better - This is going to take a long time to achieve, let alone making a completely new continent(while we still have a continent still heavily WIP) is going to be a long way off.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
If this is true, this goes against the "core" game design I keep hearing from henrick and the community. The whole appeal of mortal online 2 is the one world one server design. I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?

you both are thr proof that you can't make everyone happy ,

let me be frank here : HOW THE FK DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS ?

do you really prefer a full hardcore game that 75% of ppl can't even play and lag like sht
OR
a full hardcore game with multiple instance that WORK

because this is the only difference MORE PPL WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME

LuceInGame

Jan 31, 2022
you both are thr proof that you can't make everyone happy ,

let me be frank here : HOW THE FK DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS ?

do you really prefer a full hardcore game that 75% of ppl can't even play and lag like sht
OR
a full hardcore game with multiple instance that WORK

because this is the only difference MORE PPL WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME

Full hardcore because people are going to quit, give it 1 month and the problem is solved by itself.

• Haha
Reactions: tal0s

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Full hardcore because people are going to quit, give it 1 month and the problem is solved by itself.

remember this is a company the more ppl play the game , the more cash they get
and will i as a solo player , would love to play the game with 250 other ppl ( less trade concurrent , less chance of gank , etc ) they won't let it happen ( i hope so )

Forecore

Apr 18, 2021

Hardcore is fine, but queuecore is not. At current state (single server) they will end up having 5K sub which is not enough to keep a development team around. I love the hardcore nature, but having a job, family and other RL obligation, I can not play a game without some login and fix play time consistency.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
It's a temporary solution for now while they slowly work on the main Myrland server to increase population cap, so that we can all log in and play for the time being instead of being stuck in the 3,300 place in queue.

In time, these Myrland instances will become the other continents like Sarducaa, Nordveld and so forth. You won't be able to build structures on these Myrland instances other than on the main one that we are all currently playing on.

at least i hope can play and make mats etc

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

My Bet is that SV Will add a very precarious system for people to queue on all instances hopefully indistinctly as a bandaid to decompress the mainserver and allow people to play, it's hard to know if the idea of returning back into one server is possible and something that SV can actually do (and at this point i doubt they can pull a swedish miracle). I think the main server fix won't be happening anytime soon and eventually they Will end up doing patches and fixes prob for instances picking, and other quality of life shit for the multiserver new nature of the Game.
We Will see, at this point without knowing SV's real capacity to fix this and without any official ETA on fix this is just speculation.

Reactions: Sgr

LuceInGame

Jan 31, 2022
My Bet is that SV Will add a very precarious system for people to queue on all instances hopefully indistinctly as a bandaid to decompress the mainserver and allow people to play, it's hard to know if the idea of returning back into one server is possible and something that SV can actually do (and at this point i doubt they can pull a swedish miracle). I think the main server fix won't be happening anytime soon and eventually they Will end up doing patches and fixes prob for instances picking, and other quality of life shit for the multiserver new nature of the Game.
We Will see, at this point without knowing SV's real capacity to fix this and without any official ETA on fix this is just speculation.

If the game grows it's going to be impossible to return to one server, if one server can have 3k players, one year from now 4/5 continents are going to be needed... It's over, too late to experience the real game, this always happens when a product gets commercial for the mainstream audience.

BTW, i have always had a very negative impression of nazori, if it wasn't for a streamer this would have not happened... Such a disgust

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Having instanced Myrland goes against the game design and against everything they have sold the game with. I think they need to offer refunds to everyone if they do this.

Yeah, I can’t imagine buying the game if it was marketed as a bunch of empty 2k cap servers/instances. They know that this completely guts the game’s potential, which is why they are saying it is temporary (almost certainly a lie, since they have made essentially no progress in overcoming the capacity issue thus far).

Mimas

Feb 6, 2022
Toxai
It's really not that big of an issue to make more instances imo, it is against the original idea but it's temporary until they fix the main server. Also you can't build on the other instances, so for people who aren't in guilds and don't care about building they can join the other instances. As for us in a guild that want to build our queue times will be lower, it's a win win for the time being