My take on mortal online

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
ive never played the game was super interested when i seen the beta test and figured we would give it a go! played a little over 80 hours of a beta stress test to check out the game and i got to see more of the priest then anything. i was quite amazed at how much of the mortal player based griefed and pushed away new players by not allowing them to check anything out i am also a content creator and without any type of streamer mode i got to deal with quite a few streamsnipes as well. skills by numbers i expected come release for sure by didnt expect the general majority of players to already be affecting the player base and returning players in a stress test. my corner of the worlds small but i can attest to atleast 4 or 5 others i know that were interested in it as well and were watching me play that will no longer do so just because of this^. game concepts awesome but seems like unless you wanna always be a huge group or have prior experience this games not for you.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Solo play will always be hard in an online role playing game. That should be a given. This game gets incredibly interesting with player created content later on.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
ive played many full loot games im aware of it why this interested me so much more was taken back by how little the community that plans to play release cares about retention honestly

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackedimus

Mar 23, 2021
I was running from Tindrel? to Meduli and saw 2 geared guys running toward me during the middle of my solo trek. I had some decent loot as well and expected a good jumpin. Instead, they struck up a conversation and asked me to help them get to Meduli/tank something for them. I told them I was on the way there for a guild fight and the 3 of us were off. Unfortunately we ran into the enemy group first and I was slaughtered, I saw them running but not sure what their fate was.

Fast forward about 40 minutes and the main event starts. Those 2 dudes I ran to Meduli with were long gone, hadn't seen them since I died. In the middle of the fight, I'm wobbling slowly 1 hit from death when WHO COMES OUT OF NO WHERE TO HEAL MY ASS BUT ONE OF THE DUDES I WAS ORIGINALLY RUNNING WITH. REJOICE! This dude I made friends with in passing, when he and his buddy could've killed me, come back in the middle of a fight he had no affiliation with to bring me back from death. Cool stuff.

Moral of the story is yes, you're gonna get murdered a whole bunch I'm sure, BUT, it's not all getting griefed. There are some great adventures to be had.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
im not saying the games 100% bad as i mentioned in the original post for sure! but im also just trying to give a sincere first impression and something for the new current players to consider/returning mo players. player base from what i understand in mo1 was nothing to brag about so starting with a low base already being a hardcore full loot pvp game and coming from a small player base i just am not seeing anything to help with the base or player retention and i am 100% sure there are so many stories from newer players like myself that are incredibly similar with my original post and those ppl prob wont be returning either. keep in mind this is still just a server stress test bringing this about not a persistent beta or the actual release these things will just compound as time passes and itll affect more and more with each day.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
ive played many full loot games im aware of it why this interested me so much more was taken back by how little the community that plans to play release cares about retention honestly
I've played hours and hours of rust and dayz etc. I can tell you 99 percent of people in those games KOS any person they see. In Mortal its more like 50 percent depending on where you are. Not sure exactly what you are complaining about or asking for? This is exactly what is expected in full loot games, people to be looted.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
no ones asking for anything or complaining i think you may have misread the original post and every one since then. simply just offering my first take of mortal online trying it for the first time i got asked quite a bit during the 4 days i played weather it was worth it so just adding a post on forums for the people that read these
believe it or not you live in a world where your view point of something isnt the only way to see it.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Maybe , just maybe these other full loot games u played where a little softcore, like albion etc simply saying that u and 5 others are gonna leave this game because u died or lost your stuff is slightly pathetic. It says open world full loot mmorpg... What do people not get about this..

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
ive played darkfall rust tarkov etc.. the lists there i love my full loot games which is why i gave this game a shot and posted this feedback in the forums. seems like a great idea for a game its a shame truly the execution is not there so new people are able to come in and enjoy it.(not even in a stress test beta might i add again this isnt even the release) Seems you are another one that clearly misread the first post as well try going back and reading a little slower this time. But read to understand not just spew a few insults. getting killed is one thing it happens world goes on. this stress test resets no one keeps anything yet people will grief over and over not allowing new players to even get into the game and see if they will enjoy the pvp side of things with the crafting system etc.... plus i cant tell you how many ppl are still just posted up in haven farming cause they know they cant get into the real map.
however im all for a intelligent discussion if you can muster it in your next post.

Reactions: Illuana

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I think you're missing out on an important piece of the whole story my man, the stress test didn't just open the doors for you to play the game, but thousands of other players who showed up the same time as you, who may or may not be invested in the game and have no reason or obligation to not be total dicks to you or anyone else.

You can build a character out in one play session and then do whatever you want to whomever you want, without real lasting consequence. Is this an equation for good behavior? Of course not, but if you took a second to think about it, and see the forest from the trees instead of writing a novela about how mean everyone is, maybe you would have realized that no?

Feel whatever kind of way you want about it, but at least look outside of your own box before trying to paint "the community" in whatever kind of way and blaming them for your bad experience.

it's as unfair to assume your tormentors are a part of this community as it is for me to assume you just can't handle loss in a full loot open pvp game.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
ive played darkfall rust tarkov etc.. the lists there i love my full loot games which is why i gave this game a shot and posted this feedback in the forums. seems like a great idea for a game its a shame truly the execution is not there so new people are able to come in and enjoy it.(not even in a stress test beta might i add again this isnt even the release) Seems you are another one that clearly misread the first post as well try going back and reading a little slower this time. But read to understand not just spew a few insults. getting killed is one thing it happens world goes on. this stress test resets no one keeps anything yet people will grief over and over not allowing new players to even get into the game and see if they will enjoy the pvp side of things with the crafting system etc.... plus i cant tell you how many ppl are still just posted up in haven farming cause they know they cant get into the real map.
however im all for a intelligent discussion if you can muster it in your next post.
i think i read correctly, but ok. and wich insult did i throw? as for your points, the game has a steep learning curve, dont expect a noob to just wander in and instantly get the game.. its going to take a lot of dying to get to know, just like the game u mentioned earlier tarkov. i could say the same about tarkov. when i join the game as a new guy i get killed 9/10 times by juiced up FN Fal users, do u see me go and whine on tarkov forums? the fact is , theres 100eds of ways to stay safe and do your stuff, you just need to learn these ways.

this also counts for new players.

P.S i might agree on the streaming part, whatever you do in this game. do NOT stream. its not the game for it, and people are going to be browsing twitch for some free gear when the game comes out.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
i guess you are just reinforcing my point a bit here of just how punishing it is for new players its what drove me away from the game which like i said is ashame i tried to like it kept pushing i mean i put 80 hours into the stress test but spending a whole day trying to work towards testing or learning a few new things just to keep landing back at the town priest theres only so much optimism you know? i know not every single new player will be driven away just trying to shed light a little on what ive seen from an un biased view point and what i dealt with the majority of the time i played.

to address kurvy's point it is a part of the community is it not im not saying every person is like that but you and i both know those are not new players out there slaying non stop or destroying people in towns while they try to craft or get going to see the game or sitting at the gates waiting for ppl to leave lets be a little honest here to say the RPK i think they call it in this game isnt a part of the community is kinda absurd since there is multiple guilds dedicated to just that lol but i dont see how thats not a part of the community either way

goals to have a great game everyone can enjoy and wants to play and grow with not watch dwindle together you know?

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
Beta test in any MMORPG is always a gank-fiesta (because for many players it's fun to kill people for the luls without any consequences), what would you expect? Wait for the final release and it will be an absolutely different game experience for you.

Reactions: BongRips

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
it possible to be different but then all the stuff you kill people for you keep so i think it only gets worse. i guess all in all was just a a little post about my experience to maybe help give another side to a experience in the game can be like for people looking to see if they wanted to play or not this is not meant to be a attack or anything

shill

Mar 24, 2021
Game is not finished - I've been running solo a lot and 50% of other player's encounters = mounted archer(s) in a group just killing me without a word - not every one of them is MO1 veteran - they just created a toon because its currently out of ballance and super easy to exterminate people as mounted archer without good counter.

Another 50% - not hostile guys - so it is not fair to say that entire community is just bunch of filthy murderers. I kind of think its quite opposite - mostly new players do that... because they can. They came from battleroyale games where's entire content is killing whoever cross your path.

On release I do hope it will be a bit different simply due to consequences your actions bring along. Yet it will be common you die because that will most definiately be playstyle for many.

All in all it is not solo-friendly game - you need to have thick skin to play this game solo i guess when you add streaming to that it makes it even worse because streamsniping will be big thing 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amadman

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
to be very clear i never said the whole community was that way i said "i was surprised at how much of it was" implying that not everyone does inherently. another reason i can see it being far worse on release / foreseeable start of the game is your big zerg clans will control the important resource spots/ camps/ money grinding methods around the towns they operate out of and of course they can just stock pile all the stuff they receive.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
The people griefing and ganking are doing new/potential players a favour. They're showing them what they can expect if they get into this game.

Sure, people could act all friendly just for the stress test but then new players buying the game would be in for a rude awakening once persistence hits.

Reactions: Jackedimus

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
game concepts awesome but seems like unless you wanna always be a huge group or have prior experience this games not for you.

Its always rough to start in a game , specially in this one, but you are wrong in saying "this game is not for you".

I think Mortal Online has a very concrete player and its YOU who is not made for the game.

If you have the time to come into the forums to talk about how griefers scare new players, which isnt true, instead of plotting your revenge against those griefers and writing their name down to make their e-life miserable whenever you get a chance, you are definetly not made for MO.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
No griefer in this game has ever had effect on weather someone new to the game will keep playing. Try to be a little honest here please. I really find it hard to believe you actually think this. But everything after you telling me my opinion was wrong pretty much lost merit.

To respond to keeps point. It is the game I'm glad I saw it now honestly like you said then later. Its ashame tho its as bad as I found it to be. And also the entire reason I made this post so new ppl trying to figure out if they should even try hopefully they stumble across here so they can't get a idea of a just what the game is

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
to be very clear i never said the whole community was that way i said "i was surprised at how much of it was" implying that not everyone does inherently. another reason i can see it being far worse on release / foreseeable start of the game is your big zerg clans will control the important resource spots/ camps/ money grinding methods around the towns they operate out of and of course they can just stock pile all the stuff they receive.
This is nothing unique to MO2 dog, any large open pvp game is like this, yet you want to attribute it as a problem of this game in particular......and even further you're upset about that behavior during a stress test where thousands of randoms have popped into the world just like you and are interfering with your dream of peacefully riding your horse around picking flowers or something? Get a grip.

Your arguments have no merit because earlier you claimed that you like games like this but now are complaining about the exact things MO2 has in common with those games....but apparently it's an MO2 problem...ok buddy.

But you're even worse than just too soft for the game because now you think you should have some kind of role in influencing others to not check the game out, as if someone should give a crap at all about you're opinion in the first place?

How about you let people make up their own mind about whether this game is for them or not. It's clearly not for you tho.

Kick rocks.

Reactions: Eldrath