My take on mortal online

Melvinius

Apr 9, 2021
OP has some valid points. I will say that I think giving away free keys MIGHT have been a mistake since it's pulling in a lot of people who are not used to hardcore full loot games. The "bad impressions" that these players have will affect the game's PR. Personally, this game is exactly what I've been looking for and I paid to get it. I have no problem investing a bit for a project I'm really interested in.

You've got to approach MO2 with the EXPECTATION that you are going to die. As such, whenever I craft armor or weapons, I craft three sets, wear one and store two. I invest more in my character than in my equipment. The equipment is expendable, my character skills are persistent. I keep anything I don't want to lose in the bank.

I DO think there needs to be some balancing as things progress to keep high level gankers from rolling over everyone else. But that will be part of this game; it's the way it goes.

A bounty system for criminals, overhead status tags so players know who the gankers are, and maybe even a system that changes relative player movement speeds so lower leveled characters or lawful characters can more easily flee from murderers would be some good ideas to consider for the devs.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
OP has some valid points. I will say that I think giving away free keys MIGHT have been a mistake since it's pulling in a lot of people who are not used to hardcore full loot games. The "bad impressions" that these players have will affect the game's PR. Personally, this game is exactly what I've been looking for and I paid to get it. I have no problem investing a bit for a project I'm really interested in.

You've got to approach MO2 with the EXPECTATION that you are going to die. As such, whenever I craft armor or weapons, I craft three sets, wear one and store two. I invest more in my character than in my equipment. The equipment is expendable, my character skills are persistent. I keep anything I don't want to lose in the bank.

I DO think there needs to be some balancing as things progress to keep high level gankers from rolling over everyone else. But that will be part of this game; it's the way it goes.

A bounty system for criminals, overhead status tags so players know who the gankers are, and maybe even a system that changes relative player movement speeds so lower leveled characters or lawful characters can more easily flee from murderers would be some good ideas to consider for the devs.
No magical markers above head please, we had this in MO1 and its horrible..

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
ive never played the game was super interested when i seen the beta test and figured we would give it a go! played a little over 80 hours of a beta stress test to check out the game and i got to see more of the priest then anything. i was quite amazed at how much of the mortal player based griefed and pushed away new players by not allowing them to check anything out i am also a content creator and without any type of streamer mode i got to deal with quite a few streamsnipes as well. skills by numbers i expected come release for sure by didnt expect the general majority of players to already be affecting the player base and returning players in a stress test. my corner of the worlds small but i can attest to atleast 4 or 5 others i know that were interested in it as well and were watching me play that will no longer do so just because of this^. game concepts awesome but seems like unless you wanna always be a huge group or have prior experience this games not for you.

In which town you was located ?

The flagging System is not finished yet. Here a copy paste Article

The Idea of regional Murdercounts is the following.

Here some Info about how the Developers want to prevent random murders and about the terretory Controll system. The game will have a local Murdercount system. Murders are only punished in the area where the crime was committed. You can murder anyone, but that would have certain consequences. If someone knows that a certain player is a murderer, that player can attack the criminal in the city without any consequences. The game is designed to not murder the players of your own kingdom, but rather that you form groups and attack another kingdom / city and its inhabitants, or try to defend your kingdom against invading hordes of barbarians.

Each player will only be allowed to create one character. There is a terretory control system. A large guild with a certain number of players can build a castle. A certain radius around the castle is then displayed as their area. Within this area, the landowners can determine the property taxes for the houses, which then automatically benefit the guild and fill their treasury / war chest. The territory of a kingdom can be expanded with the terretory control tower. If the taxes are too high, then this will certainly lead to a peasant revolt and the control towers will be attacked. The guild with a castle benefits from the residents and should be interested in many players wanting to live in their area.

I hope that landowners will come to the aid of their residents if someone wants to destroy their home. If the kingdom is attacked, many players will rush to the aid of their king if they are satisfied with him and if the king is not a tyrant. Who knows how high the future owner will turn the Tax screw. If the territory is expanded and reach a city, entire cities can be captured. The guild that occupies a city receives taxes from the auction house and has full control over the laws that prevail there. The occupiers of a city can blacklist thieves and grievers. These can then be attacked by anyone and are flagged as criminal as soon as they enter a city in which they have been blacklisted. The guards can also be deactivated, but that would certainly not please everyone and cause displeasure. Surely players would form up and want to drive out the ruler of the city and try to destroy the control tower. If a control tower is attacked, the guild who owns this tower will get a message in the chat and will try to defend it. You can search for Mortal Onlien terretory Controll Patch on youtube. Already the first game had that, but it will be finetunes this time.

Here some Feedback about the Flagging System.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
the fact im gonna have to break this downs kinda sad but you seemed to know someone else your out rpking by name and introducing your friend thinking im him so sounds like youre prob causing him a bit of turmoil id imagine.

In which town you was located ? In some towns you have toxic Motherfuckers and other Towns are protected from Anti RPK Guilds.
In every game you find toxic people but also very friendly players.

I have seen players being reskilled in the lawless towns. Maybe we should go there with 200 People and let them taste a bit of their own medicine and reskill the rpkers 100-200 times and ask them if this is fun.

i found out that every Guild that behave too toxic will get wiped from the server one day. Take AQ as an excample.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021

i expected to die i was more on the hoping side with it being a beta stress test the pking kids would maybe fight all the other ones looking to fight there are always plenty of them but the constant griefing you see was a bit of a surprise cause these are most likely all people who enjoy the game and want it to have a player base of people to kill come release if you start putting strain on the new players when it doesnt matter and they cant get a foothold to experience some of the game other then the pvp system the game cannot grow and function with such a big map not having a player base to populate it

there wasnt much to read of what to expect when i picked it up to check it out i more just started this thread and did my content creation of the game to show people what its about
but saying somethings perfect without both sides of what to expect that can happen isnt the way to do it either right i just happen to have had a bad experience and i know im not the only one especially of all the new players coming in with little to no knowledge of the game

that being said its 2021 im not bashing the game theres plenty to play out there just wanted to give my take on the game from my experience coming in fresh to mortal period and give a realistic idea of what to expect for someone maybe thinking about starting mortal for the fist time and learning the game

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
but to be even more transparent in all the post under this thread at no point did i make a statement saying the game was all good or all bad or the same about the people playing the game but from the time i put in i will say trying to get anything done you come across more people willing to ruin the experience for a new player then not

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i expected to die i was more on the hoping side with it being a beta stress test the pking kids would maybe fight all the other ones looking to fight there are always plenty of them but the constant griefing you see was a bit of a surprise cause these are most likely all people who enjoy the game and want it to have a player base of people to kill come release if you start putting strain on the new players when it doesnt matter and they cant get a foothold to experience some of the game other then the pvp system the game cannot grow and function with such a big map not having a player base to populate it

there wasnt much to read of what to expect when i picked it up to check it out i more just started this thread and did my content creation of the game to show people what its about
but saying somethings perfect without both sides of what to expect that can happen isnt the way to do it either right i just happen to have had a bad experience and i know im not the only one especially of all the new players coming in with little to no knowledge of the game

that being said its 2021 im not bashing the game theres plenty to play out there just wanted to give my take on the game from my experience coming in fresh to mortal period and give a realistic idea of what to expect for someone maybe thinking about starting mortal for the fist time and learning the game

Come to meduli. We will defend out Land from all Players who threaten us or our Citizens. Find some friendly Players make a grouop and go adventure together.

And Sv pleae turn of the you can´t perform illegal actions options by default. Conan was woundering why he could not damage some players during the big fight, becuase he did not know that there is such an option.

Last edited:

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
i mean sure sitting in 1 town all game and never leaving rely on you to guard them would sure be a option but how much of the game are you seeing then you know?
in my opinion the state the game is in now for new players or smaller groups there is no way its setup to grow with new players or retain them once they start giving it a try and a reasonable percentage. i may be wrong but the numbers so far for the amount of keys that are out i feel are showing what a week or 2 after launch will look like if not worse without some drastic changes being made where new players are not so penalized.

from what i understand mo1 map was significantly smaller so with a large scale map like mo2 has 1k concurrent players as a max its not gonna go unfelt

Lolshaze

Apr 3, 2021
Lots of people are complaining about the 1 character slot thingy. Am I stupid or just missing something, because the donation page shows that you can purchase up to 4 slots -
"Unlock character slots to gain access to additional room for new characters on your game account. This one-time fee is less expensive than subscribing more accounts and there's also fewer passwords to remember. "

Or maybe that's only for the beta ?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i mean sure sitting in 1 town all game and never leaving rely on you to guard them would sure be a option but how much of the game are you seeing then you know?
in my opinion the state the game is in now for new players or smaller groups there is no way its setup to grow with new players or retain them once they start giving it a try and a reasonable percentage. i may be wrong but the numbers so far for the amount of keys that are out i feel are showing what a week or 2 after launch will look like if not worse without some drastic changes being made where new players are not so penalized.

from what i understand mo1 map was significantly smaller so with a large scale map like mo2 has 1k concurrent players as a max its not gonna go unfelt

You should never just sit in town and several ANTI RPK Guilds announced that they will protect their City as good as they can. Koto will protect Meduli. Ac will protect TIndrem. Khan and Outsiders will maybe protect MK and there is a guild with arround 100 Members that want to protect fabernum after the presistence release. Search a guarded town and stay there in the first days. Train some skills and preview the Combat, make some duels and find some freinds. Then you should find a nice place and build up a base and establish a neighbourhood. Make your own Guild or join a Guild.

This game is about exploring, but you want to have some freinds to do dungens with. Most of them are not that easy.
You should stay away from the lawless towns, where the bandits are living.

This game need both kind of Players. The Bandits and the Anti RPk Guilds. Without Bandits the Anti RPK Guilds would have no work. If there are too many RPK Players more Players will join the Anti RPK Side. Both Sides will be involved in PVP.

The Anti RPK Guilds need hold together and remember the Words of Conan.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Lots of people are complaining about the 1 character slot thingy. Am I stupid or just missing something, because the donation page shows that you can purchase up to 4 slots -
"Unlock character slots to gain access to additional room for new characters on your game account. This one-time fee is less expensive than subscribing more accounts and there's also fewer passwords to remember. "

Or maybe that's only for the beta ?

In Mo2 we will have only 1 CHaracter. I hope SV allow us to learn 2200 Action Points. More then 1100 Action Points would result in unbalanced Builds, so we should only be able to have 1100 Points activated at the same time and have additional 1100 deactivated Skillpoints.

This would allow us to switch between 2 Builds in town. Between a Dex Mage and a Dex Footfighter, depending what is needed.
I think we should be able to deacticate and activate different skills in the town, if we visit a special NPC or so.

Melvinius

Apr 9, 2021
In Mo2 we will have only 1 CHaracter. I hope SV allow us to learn 2200 Action Points. More then 1100 Action Points would result in unbalanced Builds, so we should only be able to have 1100 Points activated at the same time and have additional 1100 deactivated Skillpoints.

This would allow us to switch between 2 Builds in town. Between a Dex Mage and a Dex Footfighter, depending what is needed.
I think we should be able to deacticate and activate different skills in the town, if we visit a special NPC or so.
What cities are currently the LEAST populated in MO2 right now? Just curious. Right now I'm in Meduli, which seems crowded.

Thorrior

Mar 27, 2021
appreciate the feedback yeah i know myself personally will not be playing anymore of the game ive already uninstalled, this is more so for people looking for a idea of the game just giving my experience till were able to add it under the game through steam

You're saying that you're giving people an idea of how the game is. Yet you seem to ignore that this is a stress test with most features still missing. Players can max out their characters in a rather short amount of time with not much to do in the open world. There are just very few mobs to kill, crafting is limited and important features are not yet implemented. So what are people doing? They are looking to kill other players.

Personally I've played about 60 hours in the stress test. I'm also a new player who hasn't played MO1. Yes, I was killed by other players. Therefore I joined a guild so that I don't have to play alone and be easy prey for RPKs.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
No griefer in this game has ever had effect on weather someone new to the game will keep playing.
Too sweeping a statement to be true, and it contradicts too much of what we heard from people over the years since 2009. The people who were new and did not keep playing for whatever reason are not here to challenge your statement, of course.
...you should have some kind of role in influencing others to not check the game out, as if someone should give a crap at all about you're opinion in the first place?
Putting a ? at the end of that statement doesn't make it any less of a kind of Straw Man Argument.

If anyone was watching him play, then they were checking the game out, just as he was but to a lesser degree.

His experience and his take on it sounds authentic precisely because it's similar to many others. Like many others, it may change over time-- and as a vet, you know this. Both of you care for your own opinions, obviously, but let's not have you assume that no-one cares about someone else's, or vice-versa. Just say you don't care about his opinion and go on, because that's what the people reading this thread will do.

How about you let people make up their own mind about whether this game is for them or not.
Exactly. This "you're even worse than just too soft for the game" is just wishful chest-beating on your part. We've all seen that before out of MO players, as well.

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Too sweeping a statement to be true, and it contradicts too much of what we heard from people over the years since 2009. The people who were new and did not keep playing for whatever reason are not here to challenge your statement, of course.

Putting a ? at the end of that statement doesn't make it any less of a kind of Straw Man Argument.

If anyone was watching him play, then they were checking the game out, just as he was but to a lesser degree.

His experience and his take on it sounds authentic precisely because it's similar to many others. Like many others, it may change over time-- and as a vet, you know this. Both of you care for your own opinions, obviously, but let's not have you assume that no-one cares about someone else's, or vice-versa. Just say you don't care about his opinion and go on, because that's what the people reading this thread will do.
Exactly. This "you're even worse than just too soft for the game" is just wishful chest-beating on your part. We've all seen that before out of MO players, as well.

View attachment 1640
If you read his whole spiel from the beginning you'd see he misrepresents himself from the very beginning. He claims to like games "like this" meaning open pvp full loot games, like Tarkov and Rust. MO2 is going to be a unique game in a lot of ways, but what it has in common with the games he specifically mentions is the open-ness that allows others to knock you down, take your stuff, and basically be a road block to whatever your objective is. Players in MO are no different, better or worse than in those games and you experience similar players and behaviors in all these cases. So how can someone like those games and then complain about the same behavior in MO2?

He doesn't like that behavior, he doesn't like those mechanics, he doesn't like other people having the freedom and ability to keep him from an objective....and that's totally fine, most people don't. But he states the opposite to try and sway people's opinions to align them with his own. He is seeking clout.

In my opinion if you have to misrepresent yourself to try and prove your point, then you've already lost any intellectual collateral you might have had, and you're not worth listening to.

His opinion is fine, his experience is his own and he can feel whatever kind of way he wants about MO2, he doesn't need to try and be a beacon warning the sailors of some rocky shoreline or whatever.

He is not a lighthouse, and potential players are not sailors in danger at sea. let people try it like he did and see if they like it or not...pretty simple concept in my opinion.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
If you read his whole spiel from the beginning you'd see he misrepresents himself from the very beginning. He claims to like games "like this" meaning open pvp full loot games, like Tarkov and Rust. MO2 is going to be a unique game in a lot of ways, but what it has in common with the games he specifically mentions is the open-ness that allows others to knock you down, take your stuff, and basically be a road block to whatever your objective is. Players in MO are no different, better or worse than in those games and you experience similar players and behaviors in all these cases. So how can someone like those games and then complain about the same behavior in MO2?

He doesn't like that behavior, he doesn't like those mechanics, he doesn't like other people having the freedom and ability to keep him from an objective....and that's totally fine, most people don't. But he states the opposite to try and sway people's opinions to align them with his own. He is seeking clout.

In my opinion if you have to misrepresent yourself to try and prove your point, then you've already lost any intellectual collateral you might have had, and you're not worth listening to.

His opinion is fine, his experience is his own and he can feel whatever kind of way he wants about MO2, he doesn't need to try and be a beacon warning the sailors of some rocky shoreline or whatever.

He is not a lighthouse, and potential players are not sailors in danger at sea. let people try it like he did and see if they like it or not...pretty simple concept in my opinion.
Kermy will continue to talk based off assumptions he cannot back at any point he has 0 idea of what is played and not on my behalf simple fact of this is we live in a world in where I can get on here and express how I feel about a game. You don't agree great but sitting here becoming a story teller doesn't make your view point any better. I would pose one question though find me a product game or otherwise where people are forbidden to give their take on it. Your ignorant if you think I've done anything other then tell my opinion on a game and caution new players/consumers. No where in any post have I misrepresented anything that happens in the game either.