My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Guys your complaints about map size don't make sense. Like it or not, the map is going to stay big. Even if Henrik wanted to make it small, the amount of work it would take just makes it impossible. There are issues with the game that are actually fixable, let's focus on those.

Its funny because you think they can fix anything else. Redoing the map is probably something they could actually fix.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Its funny because you think they can fix anything else. Redoing the map is probably something they could actually fix.
Yeah. Rebuild all the map with all the towns and all the dungeons and void all the work on fixing navmeshes and holes in the map (do you remember all the holes on every step in beta?). Must be easy.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
talking about real profit not just RPing as a merchant

ahaha, what do you mean real profit? All the money I made in MO (mind you, not much... prol less than 1,500,) came from selling food and cheap weapons. I'd consistently be pulling money off the broker in Bakti just selling flake weps. You can very easily play this game w/ a flake wep, and they have better dura imo than MO1.

But, I mean... I don't like 'farm.' I do get some stacks and sell vend sometimes, but from the time broker was working properly in beta, if I was actually playing (tbh right now I'm not... heh not that much... life circumstances!) even when I start playing again, I was making money off PvE quality weps. There aren't enough people in the game atm, for stuff to move as well as it did, but I mean I could have chosen to chop up whatever off the broker, but the best profit margin, to be able to take money out every day, it def keeps me going. When you really break it down, yea it's not much like... 10-15 gold a day profit average, but there are better days, and it's def enough to keep you afloat on top of just playing. Much diff than say armorer like everyone has specc'd.

And (lol got into some argument w/ a dude in beta over this) I try to get the weps out as cheap as I can. Flake looks like it's gone up alil, tho.

I feel like I can sell multiple flake weps in the time it would take to sell something decent, even Jade, and the profit per day or w/e is about the same. It's just mainly that atm there are v few people and most people prol are getting gear from their guilds. The people buying those 1.5g weps are dudes who are just learning the game, and they are def good customers haha.

Edit: and yea the map is not changing, but there's no reason to not populate it.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Frankly I am disappointed in you Ruben, you sound like you're trying to curry favor with a particular crowd for no good reason. You sound like you want to make yourself the cheer leader of whiners.

Quality of Life: You're mad that the world is large? How is this a problem? Why is it so hard for people to wrap their minds around the idea that travel takes time, that there are regional areas of influence? Being able to run across an entire continent in a day isn't immersive, its lazy. You call yourself a trader? Any trader worth his salt should WANT this.

PvP: I also am not a fighter either so I too won't comment, but that has not stopped you. What I do know about Mortal Online is everyone always complains that PvP isn't perfectly in alignment with what they want. It's always imperfect, no matter what its final shape. If this was such a problem why didn't people talk about it more during beta? More correct to say Mortal Online goes through eras of type dominance: archer, horse, lyk, two handed blunt, etc.

Not a complete game: I don't know where you are getting this. Henrik has admitted many times that its not complete, there is no sub, so this is phony.

Flag system is nonsense: Another comment that makes you sound like a non trader. The flag system is the same damn system as before, except now we have reputation to take into consideration, which makes people think twice before ganking naked resource gatherers. It makes you commit to a life of crime, just like in real life, if you are going to take that route. It makes thinks less ganky, and yet you pretend to have a problem with that?

The dungeons: again, you sound like you have never played Mortal Online, this has always been a part of the reality of playing this game. It forces cooperation between players. You want WoW? What happened to you?

The economy: I've heard people cry about this alot, and I think we must be playing different games somehow. The cost of goods is stable, and has been largely the whole time. The cost of metals is stable, the cost of wood is stable. The cost of books and high end weapons and armor is stable. There is no market for cheap weapons and armor? There never was, craftsmen have always had to specialize if they want to make money. Even food is stable. Animals are stable. Not just stable, but there is an organic supply and demand that forces you do adjust your tactics. The only excess I saw this whole game so far was the cheapness of the fortress costs, which led to there being tons of them. Now that they are 2500 per level, it has evened out. The best thing I can think of is there these backroom deals going on in Discord where people are paying absurd amounts for certain items, and while this is cause for investigation for SV to police duping, just because some dude said some other dude paid 30k for a cape isn't a reflection on the game.

Content is terrible: the content is up to us on some level, this is also very Mortal Online. I have been gathering my own supplies to make this happen, what have you been doing? What happened to this 'Events' guild that was suppose to make events?

I think the time has come for war, world war. The only thing this game really needs is siege warfare and the chaos it brings.

I don't claim any of that favonius. For months I was trying to see what would happen, and finally decided to give my opinion. It is true that my post has had a good reception, but I did not think about that.
On the other hand, do you think that veteran players with more than a decade of experience in this community are crybaby? I do not believe it.
I think a lot of people are expressing legitimate complaints and trying to be heard.

Map Size:
It's a much bigger map but... it doesn't have the capacity to support more players. (It is possible that it can even support less than in MO1) therefore there will be no regional areas of influence, since our small population is totally dispersed.
Bigger map with same player capacity and slow, weak and useless mounts...do you really think that people enjoy getting into a game to travel around a dead and boring map for a whole 1h just to transport an item.. .
Think about it friend... It's a nonsense.
Ah, I do not define myself as a merchant. I am a financier. Just to clarify xd. and I assure you that no one at ICH would like the current situation.
RRP. Do you really think that if pvp was good we would have 1000 active players and the best fighters in the community slowly leaving the game to go back...TO MO1...Think about it...

IT IS NOT A COMPLETE GAME.
Once it was released it was out of veto status, so the release should have had the basic features. how can it not be a beta without TC and siege weapons? (the heart of the game)
I think you do not understand the seriousness of this point. It is literally a tragedy.

FLAGS
Yes, it is a horrible, ridiculous and absurd system. Same as MO1. Do I really have to explain it?

DUNGEONS.
I haven't played this game even in MO1? lol i did all the dungeons. It is a complete disaster. You should see a large guild take down a boss in less than a minute every day. It's delusional. A nonsense. I will never play WOW, I hate that crap.
That's why I played MO for a decade.

ECONOMY
Well I know more about this and I can explain many things to you. I will only tell you that the economy of this MMO is dead, buried and cannot be saved. There were never stable prices to begin with. (which is really not that important) the price collapse and dramatic devaluation of gold due to G2G, the massive dupe that laundered literally hundreds of thousands of gold coins and destroyed the natural evolution of the metals market, from weapons and almost all manufactured products.

To be honest, in its golden age, MO1's economy was much more dynamic and alive. I think you do not understand the basic problems I am talking about, perhaps because you were not as involved in the economic and financial circle of the MO as I was. The economy has literally been destroyed. She is dead, forever. No solution possible.

CONTENT
is an embarrassment, an infamy. Legendary weapons are a mess, a terrible thing.
The bounty hunter system is an atrocity, ridiculous, appalling.
The crafting is much worse than in mo1 and also the jewelry system is a shame, one of the worst I've ever seen.
You know I'm a big fan of this world, do you really think I would criticize this for no reason?
What have I been doing? I ran the biggest trader guild in the community from alpha to release, funded KEEPS, sponsored events, did my job as a banker for months. I sold weapons, finance warlords etc... Did you forget my job in MO1?
Regarding EVENT, friend Suttner's guild, I remind you that he held excellent events that were very celebrated and with massive community attendance since the beta. Have you forgotten all that?

I'm sorry I don't understand that kind of comments undervaluing the work of others. Please can you let me know your initiatives and what you have done?
War?
What? We have lost most of the population. Some veterans like khutara or viknuss keep important guilds going but more and more people are leaving. They can't even wage war properly because there are no TCs or siege weapons. Do you really think people will wait a year and a half for all that?
I think you're not seeing reality friend. (I didn't either)

It's time to admit it. The game is in serious trouble, (it's a mess) and denying it is useless.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What a fun guild event. Peak MO2 experience. 2 hours travel somewhere and back is just complete ass.

It was a mission and a goal we had. I have played longer than that and done less. I have played for way less time and done way more. Not everyday is going to be the same in a sandbox. It is what you make it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Frankly I am disappointed in you Ruben, you sound like you're trying to curry favor with a particular crowd for no good reason. You sound like you want to make yourself the cheer leader of whiners.

Quality of Life: You're mad that the world is large? How is this a problem? Why is it so hard for people to wrap their minds around the idea that travel takes time, that there are regional areas of influence? Being able to run across an entire continent in a day isn't immersive, its lazy. You call yourself a trader? Any trader worth his salt should WANT this.

PvP: I also am not a fighter either so I too won't comment, but that has not stopped you. What I do know about Mortal Online is everyone always complains that PvP isn't perfectly in alignment with what they want. It's always imperfect, no matter what its final shape. If this was such a problem why didn't people talk about it more during beta? More correct to say Mortal Online goes through eras of type dominance: archer, horse, lyk, two handed blunt, etc.

Not a complete game: I don't know where you are getting this. Henrik has admitted many times that its not complete, there is no sub, so this is phony.

Flag system is nonsense: Another comment that makes you sound like a non trader. The flag system is the same damn system as before, except now we have reputation to take into consideration, which makes people think twice before ganking naked resource gatherers. It makes you commit to a life of crime, just like in real life, if you are going to take that route. It makes thinks less ganky, and yet you pretend to have a problem with that?

The dungeons: again, you sound like you have never played Mortal Online, this has always been a part of the reality of playing this game. It forces cooperation between players. You want WoW? What happened to you?

The economy: I've heard people cry about this alot, and I think we must be playing different games somehow. The cost of goods is stable, and has been largely the whole time. The cost of metals is stable, the cost of wood is stable. The cost of books and high end weapons and armor is stable. There is no market for cheap weapons and armor? There never was, craftsmen have always had to specialize if they want to make money. Even food is stable. Animals are stable. Not just stable, but there is an organic supply and demand that forces you do adjust your tactics. The only excess I saw this whole game so far was the cheapness of the fortress costs, which led to there being tons of them. Now that they are 2500 per level, it has evened out. The best thing I can think of is there these backroom deals going on in Discord where people are paying absurd amounts for certain items, and while this is cause for investigation for SV to police duping, just because some dude said some other dude paid 30k for a cape isn't a reflection on the game.

Content is terrible: the content is up to us on some level, this is also very Mortal Online. I have been gathering my own supplies to make this happen, what have you been doing? What happened to this 'Events' guild that was suppose to make events?

I think the time has come for war, world war. The only thing this game really needs is siege warfare and the chaos it brings.

How could you be dissappointed from Ruben, you should be thankfull hes pointing out a fair amount of problematics with the game.

You one of the most narrow minded derelict fanbois i've seen lately. There were a lot but they slowly quit the game or after 2 patches realized the game Is not whats being said it Is.
I dont think pointing out these problematics Is bad. I know you are on your honeymoon phase and everything you see Is shining and warm but nothing you have been saying makes any sense whatsoever. You so in love with this shit you claiming It's exacly the same as un MO1 while It's not, revisit your memory palace or step out cuz you aint hitting the nail dude.

By the way don't you have a keep to buy and get sieged? Since we are remembering MO1.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Honestly the term "quality of life" needs to disappear forever. People too often use this expression to validate making the game easier. You could get on a horse and just about see the whole map in one day but ppl say travel is too slow? Plz dont kow tow to this group of ppl they are on every mmo forum they wont stop until you have fast travel and flying furries.

Reactions: Reimar and Hodo
D

Dracu

Honestly the term "quality of life" needs to disappear forever. People too often use this expression to validate making the game easier. You could get on a horse and just about see the whole map in one day but ppl say travel is too slow? Plz dont kow tow to this group of ppl they are on every mmo forum they wont stop until you have fast travel and flying furries.
Quality of Life includes more then making the game "easier"

For example a better filter when using the auction house would be a Quality of Life change.
Or beeing able to que multiple extractions to reduce the amount of clicks would be a QoL change.

None of these would make the game "easier" just make stuff more Convinient to use. The game has alot of unconvinient systems. Not in the sense of difficult to use or make use of. Just tedious in usability.

For example: in mo1 you needed 1 unit of the item you wanted to do a buyorder for if i remember correctly. In mo2 you dont... Rightfully so... Thats a good QoL change.

Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Quality of Life includes more then making the game "easier"

For example a better filter when using the auction house would be a Quality of Life change.
Or beeing able to que multiple extractions to reduce the amount of clicks would be a QoL change.

None of these would make the game "easier" just make stuff more Convinient to use. The game has alot of unconvinient systems. Not in the sense of difficult to use or make use of. Just tedious in usability.

For example: in mo1 you needed 1 unit of the item you wanted to do a buyorder for if i remember correctly. In mo2 you dont... Rightfully so... Thats a good QoL change.

So many things... tbh. I wanna unequip my wep and put it in a horse bag, why? Don't worry about it! I have to unequip it into my inv then drag it into the horse bag. I can't drag the wep into the bag. It's TOO MUCH. That of course goes for everything else as well. Can't open bags and storage at the same time... bleeeh. End up having to take them all into your inventory.

The funny thing about buy orders is that you don't need an item, but there are legit items that AREN'T SELECTABLE. - sips coffee -

Even shit like their excessive nerf of the picking rate of wolf brush. lol.

Also dudes forgot MO1?

Imagine:

having to eat before you can sit down, taking hunger ticks, pets drowning, pets exploding, pets getting hit by mobs on ground, not jumping w/ your weapon out, home priest...

The whole pet in water thing, I mean... it was tuff. Not that tough, but it had to be accounted for. Otherwise you would slowly sink, or in the jungle you could sink anyway. It was always a possibility. I liked it in a way, but can't be mad they changed it. The fact that MO added all of these easy mode things to keep people from being upset, it's strange to see people talking about QoL as a bad thing. QoL is generally related to UI imo. It's how a person interacts w/ the game, making it easier, like alt click to delete stuff. There are so many stone age things that you have to do step by step (like the bag thing,) that need to be fixed. And yea ore queues would be nice.

I STILL THINK THEY SHOULD BASE ORE TIMERS ON TIER. Maybe a lil more for gab n teph. But you should be able to tell when people are doing t3 shit. Even 45 sec is already a pretty long time to crush a stack IMO. Esp now that we can click butcher, but something closer to that would make more sense, plus the ability to queue.

But then they do stuff like make the action window pop behind the other windows hueee. That would be, by the way... whatever the opposite of QoL.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Yeah more than quality of life is quality assurance. One thing is expecting the game to be themeparkish another thing its not being a placeholder garbage.
Sadly, for SV and a lot of retarded players "hardcoreness" is tedious gameplay and time sink features.
This happens because SV couldn't ever make something thats challenging instead of just time consuming.

But i agree theres a lot of players unable to see the real problematics and blame things like the unfair nature of no consensual pvp for ruining the game, they want stronger punishments for pvp and better time sink features and then theres the "plz make the game more themeparkish i want bound ítems and buy cosmetics" type of people.

Reactions: Gnidex

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
I'm fully aware that most people on this forum usually exaggerate their points in hope for the devs to notice them and ignite a discussion. I find that counter-productive tbh... but I'll take the bait anyway :b

I find the state of MO2 (right now) much more encouraging than I did in the matured state of MO1 (even before the first steam release).

microphone113

Sep 11, 2022
I used to play just to sell stuff and make gold, but gathering in this game is basically crypto mining or something. More about draining your CPU than having fun read more on Best Cryptocurrency Podcast
Yeah Henrik hates his player base for sure. He tried to get rid of them and get new ones thinking that the vets were the cause of his issues.
Really the new to mo, mo2 players came to the same conclusions as the vets over time.

Henrik is the cause for the vets contempt of SV. Just replacing the player base will not change the problem when the problem is SV.

All henrik did by making the game worse in attempt to get rid of vets (red preist changes) is make a whole bunch other players also quit with the couple of vets he hated and wanted gone. Still have vets in game but henrik lost a bunch of the old log term casual vets.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah Henrik hates his player base for sure. He tried to get rid of them and get new ones thinking that the vets were the cause of his issues.
Really the new to mo, mo2 players came to the same conclusions as the vets over time.

Henrik is the cause for the vets contempt of SV. Just replacing the player base will not change the problem when the problem is SV.

All henrik did by making the game worse in attempt to get rid of vets (red preist changes) is make a whole bunch other players also quit with the couple of vets he hated and wanted gone. Still have vets in game but henrik lost a bunch of the old log term casual vets.
It goes way beyond red priest changes. I haven’t even heard anyone complain about those in a long time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It goes way beyond red priest changes. I haven’t even heard anyone complain about those in a long time.

Problem is these morons instead of "THINKING" content prior releasing they add game changing mechanics into the game without taking certain gamestyles in consideration and takes them months to aknowledge the problematics that should have been solved in the first place.

That is shitting on the player base, the fact they took red priests after launch without backup plans, proper housing and some MINOR QUALITY OF LIFE features is fucking embarrassing. These clumsy cunts didn't learn shit in a decade of owning a mmorpg.

This company could write a manual on how not to run a mmorpg.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I've been around for a long time. Playing on and off since MO1. I've never felt any less desire to log back into this game after I quit over the Summer. The bad decisions just come one after another.

I'm still sticking around in hopes of a miracle....just as lots of us did with MO1. Its kinda sad.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I've been around for a long time. Playing on and off since MO1. I've never felt any less desire to log back into this game after I quit over the Summer. The bad decisions just come one after another.

I'm still sticking around in hopes of a miracle....just as lots of us did with MO1. Its kinda sad.

What is your desire tho? I feel like even tho the game is garbage, a lot of people just don't wanna set some shit up. Or if you already set some shit up, and got bored of interacting w/ people then yea... you're dun. Hard to imagine that your area would not be bustling tho unless people got griefed out. Like I live in Hyl atm and there is hardcore grief, nobody even buying shit off the broker, but it's good content. Diff world up there. There are many diff areas. You really have to have kind of an imagination to make up for the game sucking.

It's never gonna be what it was, but otoh, the game is softer and thus filled w/ soft people. Dudes have different ways of doing this, but I think punishing the nubs who are throwing their weight around is fun. Even as a small guild who gets dunked mostly, it's fun to go in on people. It's fun to show that mental toughness is still the end-all, they just added a lot more wack mechanics that make combat more indirect.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What is your desire tho? I feel like even tho the game is garbage, a lot of people just don't wanna set some shit up. Or if you already set some shit up, and got bored of interacting w/ people then yea... you're dun. Hard to imagine that your area would not be bustling tho unless people got griefed out. Like I live in Hyl atm and there is hardcore grief, nobody even buying shit off the broker, but it's good content. Diff world up there. There are many diff areas. You really have to have kind of an imagination to make up for the game sucking.

It's never gonna be what it was, but otoh, the game is softer and thus filled w/ soft people. Dudes have different ways of doing this, but I think punishing the nubs who are throwing their weight around is fun. Even as a small guild who gets dunked mostly, it's fun to go in on people. It's fun to show that mental toughness is still the end-all, they just added a lot more wack mechanics that make combat more indirect.
Don't need a lot. Classes that are interesting (this will never happen in this dogshit game) and the ability to grief people out of the game (sieging)