My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

D

Deleted member 44

You guys are so happy to still be playing this game

My account was recently banned and I logged 950 hours of play in five months

Normal play has been no use of bugs no illegal software and almost no transactions

An average of 10+ field battles per day

Do not know which boss offended the account so inexplicable ban

It doesn't matter if I appeal

Recently, I bought a new ticket to play

The amazing thing was that my character was banned before it could be created

STEAM game time: 6 minutes my account doesn't even have a character

I'm not trying to sound pathetic but I'm trying to say that their company is discriminating

The developer is a tyrant and an evil man

Finally, I hope ashesofcreation will start operation as soon as possible so that we don't have to suffer from this
SV IP and HWID bans. So yeah, all your account will be gone.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Dracu

Doesnt need to be smaller. Just needs content for smaller groups and points of contention where people naturally gravitate towards to fight over. But right now that isnt a thing
Its not about finding pvp, my issue with the map size is tze travel time. 30min-1hr is just to time consuming for a one way travel. And thats like only traveling.
Imagine coming home with having 2 hrs available wanting to do a poi, you travel 30 minutes there spend like 30 minutes finishing it and then 30 minutes back. 1 1/2hr playtime were 2/3 are just traveling, back where ever you came from you got 30 minutes left of your playsession, what to do? Cant really do much so inguess log out. 2 hrs aint a short play session either.

manure

May 7, 2022
Completing or fixing the content should exacly be making better gameplay. Yes theres lots of reasons people quit since launch and part of that Is making pvp shit, flag and law systems are shit.
They didnt over protect people, they failed at it miserably. Instead of investing in learning curve and a true tutorial they end up making behavior hardbrake mechanics, let players farm inside towns protected by guards instead of forcing exploration.

I vouch for a remake of all those mechanics that failed miserably and went against the concept of the game itself. The illusion of justice delivered by the game design does nothing but frustrate all gamestyles. The punitive approachs are garbage and whoever thought the systems in place are good Is an idiot.

Agreed !

And I dropped a tear on that :

Instead of investing in learning curve and a true tutorial they end up making behavior hardbrake mechanics, let players farm inside towns protected by guards instead of forcing exploration.

Unbelievably stupid idea. The Devs deserve a slap on the face for that.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
They can't handle It, it's clear.
My suggestions at this point Is to stop any devolpment patches, hire an "army" of good programmers to solve the many issues fast, when ready wipe all, promote a sort of new " restart" of the game, pray God for players return.

manure

May 7, 2022
They can't handle It, it's clear.
My suggestions at this point Is to stop any devolpment patches, hire an "army" of good programmers to solve the many issues fast, when ready wipe all, promote a sort of new " restart" of the game, pray God for players return.

Hahaha
Thats a good idea, but too hard to do...

There is a better suggestion to bring people back :

Delete everything that was created since april. Put the game with the exact rules it had on february or march and you wil have thousands of people playing again.
Much easier and certain !

I dont remember seeing people complaining this much on the forums or in game chats in february... Do you ?
The game was much more interesting and better to play without all the new rules and new craps they started to do after the month of march.

Give us back the good game, damnit !
What happened to this designer team ? Oh my god.,., I wonder who they hired... Probably some WoW lover... Theres no other explanation.

I can imagine them talking...
"Hey guys... Brainstorming...How to screw with a full loot MMO ? Hmmm let us think... OH YES. Let me hire someone that worked on the Wolrd of Warcraft Team.
He surely will have good ideas for a full loot MMO !!!
Guards guards guards, more guards and a couple safe areas out of town ! Oh, and Trinkets that stay with you when you die too !!"

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Its not about finding pvp, my issue with the map size is tze travel time. 30min-1hr is just to time consuming for a one way travel. And thats like only traveling.
Imagine coming home with having 2 hrs available wanting to do a poi, you travel 30 minutes there spend like 30 minutes finishing it and then 30 minutes back. 1 1/2hr playtime were 2/3 are just traveling, back where ever you came from you got 30 minutes left of your playsession, what to do? Cant really do much so inguess log out. 2 hrs aint a short play session either.

I regularly travel between Tindrim, Meduli, Bakti and Mohki. I do it when my schedule allows for it, you know using that skill called time management. I know if I have 30 min to play I dont go try and head from Tindrim to Mohki on foot. If I have several hours over a weekend I can go where ever I want when I want how I want because I have time.

Last night is a great example of good time management. The guild I a member of managed to move 15+ people from Bakti to Tindrim, pick up a bunch of stuff and get BACK to Bakti in under 2 hours. Which is amazing considering the number of people and the nature of online gaming. (herding cats and all that).

In the span of 30 minutes, I got into 3 fights against 3 different groups.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not if the map was actually designed for the 2k player cap limit. Anyone with a brain knew that there was no way the game could handle the amount of players Henrique was boasting about, the server was fucked with the first stress test in alpha (I think 1.5k players got in?) and very few logged for the second one.

They could have even released 2 smaller continents, one in EU and other NA. There u go regional servers without affecting the so important Vision....

I believe the stress test got up to 1000 players. They didnt see 1.5k players till launch. The idea of two servers I agree with, but I dont think they should be smaller continents. I am sorry but the smaller scale of the continents has never interested me. MO1 was cool but the 64sq.km map was tiny. It took 30 min to run across it on horse back and an hour on foot. That is flat out laughable in todays gaming and was small in 2009. Hell WWII Online had a map in 2001 that was 10 times that at launch.

I am still pushing for Sarducaa to be a NA based server to help reduce the ping issues of the EU based server. While not bad for me, because I am East coast US. It is HORRIBLE for South American players, West Coast US, and anywhere Australia.

D

Dracu

I regularly travel between Tindrim, Meduli, Bakti and Mohki. I do it when my schedule allows for it, you know using that skill called time management. I know if I have 30 min to play I dont go try and head from Tindrim to Mohki on foot. If I have several hours over a weekend I can go where ever I want when I want how I want because I have time.

Last night is a great example of good time management. The guild I a member of managed to move 15+ people from Bakti to Tindrim, pick up a bunch of stuff and get BACK to Bakti in under 2 hours. Which is amazing considering the number of people and the nature of online gaming. (herding cats and all that).

In the span of 30 minutes, I got into 3 fights against 3 different groups.
Having good time management is good for you, but doesnt really change the fact that it takes what it takes time wise. Limited options due to Traveltime is an issue thats related to the map size. A smaller map size would help making the available playtime more usefull even when on a shorter timeframe since you have more options on what you can do in that limited time. Doesnt matter what each of us have as personal experience...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Having good time management is good for you, but doesnt really change the fact that it takes what it takes time wise. Limited options due to Traveltime is an issue thats related to the map size. A smaller map size would help making the available playtime more usefull even when on a shorter timeframe since you have more options on what you can do in that limited time. Doesnt matter what each of us have as personal experience...

How is your lack of time management my issue? Sorry if that sounds aggressive but not all of us want a fishbowl style game were we are stuck within a few feet of each other and have "instant" action. There are dozens of other games that do that better and are available. Some of us enjoy the larger expanses of terrain the travel time and even the opportunity to have a fight in the middle of nowhere.

D

Dracu

How is your lack of time management my issue? Sorry if that sounds aggressive but not all of us want a fishbowl style game were we are stuck within a few feet of each other and have "instant" action. There are dozens of other games that do that better and are available. Some of us enjoy the larger expanses of terrain the travel time and even the opportunity to have a fight in the middle of nowhere.
your critisicm of my time management holds no basis. As i have made no remark about my personal experience whatsoever, or why did you assume i have trouble with time management? I even pointed out that it does not matter and you follow up with... Personal subjective opinion...

My point still stands unless you bring a logical argument how map size does not limit options of things you can do in your playtime. And making it smaller would not increase the options of things you can do with your available playtime on a tighter budget. You could argue why its wrong and maybe even further how you would improve the gameplay while traveling or how you would give more options.

Just saying play other games... Yeah thats kinda the result of issues like this dont you think? The playernumbers do speak for themselves.

I do not care for your personal opinion at all, all i care about is a good argument, if you cant provide one you are wasting your time.

Personal subjective opinion is not a good argument for a discussion though.

But if you only have the "iam having fun argument" then there is no point furtheri g the discussion

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
your critisicm of my time management holds no basis. As i have made no remark about my personal experience whatsoever, or why did you assume i have trouble with time management? I even pointed out that it does not matter and you follow up with... Personal subjective opinion...

My point still stands unless you bring a logical argument how map size does not limit options of things you can do in your playtime. And making it smaller would not increase the options of things you can do with your available playtime on a tighter budget. You could argue why its wrong and maybe even further how you would improve the gameplay while traveling or how you would give more options.

Just saying play other games... Yeah thats kinda the result of issues like this dont you think? The playernumbers do speak for themselves.

I do not care for your personal opinion at all, all i care about is a good argument, if you cant provide one you are wasting your time.

Personal subjective opinion is not a good argument for a discussion though.

But if you only have the "iam having fun argument" then there is no point furtheri g the discussion

+ you said you stay(ed) in GK.

DULI/VADDA/BAKTI/TIN/FAB/MOKI are all kind of in the same area. Once you wanna go north, it's like plunging into the jungle, except worse. There are like 3 bridges to the jungle from the path down, there aren't many bridges or paths for going N, you either go the right way or you cross rivers. Bakti to MK was an easy trip in Mo1, IMO it's not in MO2. It's almost like... they wanted to separate the red places from the main map (Kran, CC, GK.) Unless you're going from furthest point like Tin to Mohki, the travel between blue towns isn't bad IMO!

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The guild I a member of managed to move 15+ people from Bakti to Tindrim, pick up a bunch of stuff and get BACK to Bakti in under 2 hours.
What a fun guild event. Peak MO2 experience. 2 hours travel somewhere and back is just complete ass.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What a fun guild event. Peak MO2 experience. 2 hours travel somewhere and back is just complete ass.

yea wow. lol. 2 hours is a long time thooo. I still think it wouldn't be bad if each area was built more, so you could stay in your area and then move when necessary, and those who transport could do that for their living.

D

Dracu

I argue that a smaller map decrease player options, except for those players only looking to fight. With a large map, noncombatant have a chance to move around undetected.
True, a smaller map makes it harder for players that dont want to encounter people to maintain a i dont want to encounter other players playstyle. But i would argue that exactly that supports the strong point of this game, the social aspect. People having to interact with each other.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
- Quality of life.
It's terrible. Only to travel from Meduli to MK it takes 40 minutes (one way) and another 40 (return). If you want to go from north to south you need 1 full hour (one way) and another to return (return). It is an atrocity. In a world where people can put maybe 4-5 hours into the game daily, massive time is wasted just to get to the destination.
The mounts are horrible. Our weak horses are slow, small and clumsy. They are a pitiful means of transportation. You can't create a gigantic map and barely increase the speed of your pets. It is nonsense.

- PVP
All old veteran laureates agree that the heart of the fight has not worked. I won't comment on this since I'm not a fighter, but it's very disheartening to see pvp fans denying this.
- It is not a complete game.
It was released as a finished game and doesn't even have the features that make it worth playing. TC and siege weapons. Guilds can't even actually declare war on each other. They have no way to be damaged.
- The flag system is nonsense.
- The dungeons
were created for maybe 10-12 people. Without an instance system, any large guild can take out bosses in 1 minute. I have seen it personally. They are no challenge. It's terribly embarrassing.
- The economy is a mess. It has literally been dominated and crushed from day one by cheaters, massive dupe gold sellers and they have basically killed the natural evolution of the economy. The MO economy is dollarized, just like that of a banana republic.
- The content is terrible.
Legendary weapons
were a total disappointment and a waste of time. As a former craftsman I expected to be able to create my own custom weapons with a proper creative and different process. The only thing we got is some kind of silly item that allows you to get some drawings on the weapon that you can't configure and some durability, they are not legendary weapons, they are just decorated weapons (very discreetly)
- The jewelry. If you were expecting a deep and elaborate system where players create high-value jewels that are visible and also grant bonuses forget it. It's a copy paste of the mo1 system, which was absolutely terrible.
-
Bounty hunter system: ... is a shame. is terrible. Horrible.

Frankly I am disappointed in you Ruben, you sound like you're trying to curry favor with a particular crowd for no good reason. You sound like you want to make yourself the cheer leader of whiners.

Quality of Life: You're mad that the world is large? How is this a problem? Why is it so hard for people to wrap their minds around the idea that travel takes time, that there are regional areas of influence? Being able to run across an entire continent in a day isn't immersive, its lazy. You call yourself a trader? Any trader worth his salt should WANT this.

PvP: I also am not a fighter either so I too won't comment, but that has not stopped you. What I do know about Mortal Online is everyone always complains that PvP isn't perfectly in alignment with what they want. It's always imperfect, no matter what its final shape. If this was such a problem why didn't people talk about it more during beta? More correct to say Mortal Online goes through eras of type dominance: archer, horse, lyk, two handed blunt, etc.

Not a complete game: I don't know where you are getting this. Henrik has admitted many times that its not complete, there is no sub, so this is phony.

Flag system is nonsense: Another comment that makes you sound like a non trader. The flag system is the same damn system as before, except now we have reputation to take into consideration, which makes people think twice before ganking naked resource gatherers. It makes you commit to a life of crime, just like in real life, if you are going to take that route. It makes thinks less ganky, and yet you pretend to have a problem with that?

The dungeons: again, you sound like you have never played Mortal Online, this has always been a part of the reality of playing this game. It forces cooperation between players. You want WoW? What happened to you?

The economy: I've heard people cry about this alot, and I think we must be playing different games somehow. The cost of goods is stable, and has been largely the whole time. The cost of metals is stable, the cost of wood is stable. The cost of books and high end weapons and armor is stable. There is no market for cheap weapons and armor? There never was, craftsmen have always had to specialize if they want to make money. Even food is stable. Animals are stable. Not just stable, but there is an organic supply and demand that forces you do adjust your tactics. The only excess I saw this whole game so far was the cheapness of the fortress costs, which led to there being tons of them. Now that they are 2500 per level, it has evened out. The best thing I can think of is there these backroom deals going on in Discord where people are paying absurd amounts for certain items, and while this is cause for investigation for SV to police duping, just because some dude said some other dude paid 30k for a cape isn't a reflection on the game.

Content is terrible: the content is up to us on some level, this is also very Mortal Online. I have been gathering my own supplies to make this happen, what have you been doing? What happened to this 'Events' guild that was suppose to make events?

I think the time has come for war, world war. The only thing this game really needs is siege warfare and the chaos it brings.

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
There is no market for cheap weapons and armor? There never was,
I completely agree with everything you said, except this.
There certainly is a market for cheap weapons, I make a good living selling cheap flake weapons in the tindremic provinces. I even buy all my mats for this. Sure sometimes I have to travel to get a deal that accomodate my low prices, but thats just more fun for me.

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I completely agree with everything you said, except this.
There certainly is a market for cheap weapons, I make a good living selling cheap flake weapons in the tindremic provinces. I even buy all my mats for this. Sure sometimes I have to travel to get a deal that accomodate my low prices, but thats just more fun for me.

talking about real profit not just RPing as a merchant

• Haha
Reactions: grendel

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Guys your complaints about map size don't make sense. Like it or not, the map is going to stay big. Even if Henrik wanted to make it small, the amount of work it would take just makes it impossible. There are issues with the game that are actually fixable, let's focus on those.

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
talking about real profit not just RPing as a merchant
You know, I never sell anything on the broker unless I have a markup of minimum 100%. I take the time to go for good deals on mats. I enjoy travelling so I do not add travelling time to my cost. Making cheap gear for the people is not only a public service, it is good business.