My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The ditch the vets get new people idea is the reason the game is as it is IMO.

They tried to make MO good for randos. I forgot where I wrote this, but let us not forget we were the ones who 'discovered' MO. It's not like MO was unavailable or that people didn't know about it (some did, at least, according to my conversations,) but nobody played it. Yet, I logged into it, looks like utter dog shit, terrible. The ambiance is cool tho. My mind started wandering about MO v MO2.

I don't understand. It is sad. But this game COULD BE FIXED. They are adding ridic shit to the game to follow some road map instead of porting over the main game and making it work.

We had... buncha fighters (of course,) thieves, merchants, cooks, fishers, alchemists, tamers... necromancer ( w/ summons.) All of these things that people could master. What can you master in MO2? Like you said, I haven't seen a legendary wep, but since I found out what it was I was like hehh. I thought legendary wep would be like a 1/10,000 pop while crafting or something, makes more sense.
Yeah Henrik hates his player base for sure. He tried to get rid of them and get new ones thinking that the vets were the cause of his issues.
Really the new to mo, mo2 players came to the same conclusions as the vets over time.

Henrik is the cause for the vets contempt of SV. Just replacing the player base will not change the problem when the problem is SV.

All henrik did by making the game worse in attempt to get rid of vets (red preist changes) is make a whole bunch other players also quit with the couple of vets he hated and wanted gone. Still have vets in game but henrik lost a bunch of the old log term casual vets.

Reactions: Ibarruri
Jul 12, 2022
US
Even if, against all odds, it turns out to be a marketing success wtf will they do once more than 1,5k people want to log in? Bring back alt instances for even easier duping due to their utterly broken serialization?

People sitting here bouncing on the dick of a single world, yet will log in and play on shards. Crazy haha.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
People sitting here bouncing on the dick of a single world, yet will log in and play on shards. Crazy haha.
Yeah that's why i'm amazed anyone thinks launching on epic will do anything but burn bridges. They haven't done shit on the backend to support that "single server vision". All that happened is people stopped logging in = servers fixed

Tzone

May 16, 2021
- Quality of life.
QoL is horrible in this game, you have a house its ride up to the house, dismount (4 sec), go up to door (1s), hold r on door (5s), get on horse (5s), ride horse through door (4s), get off horse (4s), go to door (1s), hold r on door (5s) to just get into a house. Its minimum 15s a quarter min to get into a house, but usually will take around 29s or half a minute to get inside your house. Like 1/120th of a hour which a average player would only play for two hours. And you have to come out of your house as well. So in two hours you waste a minute just opening doors if you use your house once. If you use your house lets say 5 times in a play session its 1/24th of your play time around 5 minutes just spent opening and closing doors.

Thats just doors, not even chest, travel, opening loot bags, spawning, dying animation, resting off reserves, cooking food for reserve, horse, and AFK resource production. You will spend a giant chunk of your play time in this game just holding R, or sitting down ,or auto walking.

Game just doesnt respect the time of the player. The devs treat our time as worthless and something to be leveraged against the player in the most time wasting way possible for some sort of balance.

Balancing what the player can do with time is ok but this game takes it too far and the devs forget about all the other parts of the game that soak up a lot of AFK time for balance like holding R on a door, or travel, or looting bags.

- PVP
Is the core of the game, the other content is pretty shallow and uninteresting to people that know what they are doing. OW Survival full loot PvP is what makes this game have players in the first place. SV listens to noobs that quit in a month or two and constantly whine about PvP because they are egotistical, while plenty of other noobs were having a blast with the town PvP, but since the majority wasnt saying they liked the town PvP they removed it for the cry babies.

- It is not a complete game.

- The flag system is nonsense.

Everyone hates the grey/blue crime/local grey bs. Its a bad systems that enboldens greifers who can kill or harrass you in other ways or they can hide behind the crim system untill the last second to gank you with numbers. I completly ignore this system and just dont set foot in towns, I will not be greifed by a blue player dying to me on purpose, and I will not defend my self just because I would get a MC for striking first in self defense.

PvPers and PvErs just constantly complain about this system.

- The dungeons were created for maybe 10-12 people. Without an instance system, any large guild can take out bosses in 1 minute. I have seen it personally. They are no challenge. It's terribly embarrassing.

Dungeons are not good enought loot for 10+ people. The provide enough for 5-6 people but the bosses need 15+ at least, but they dont drop enough loot to make it worth it for the 20 people who spent 2 hours just traveling to the dungeon then a hour clearing it after trying to get ready for a couple of hours. I see some of these blue city guilds take like 3 hours to get ready to come to GK. Its just not worth it to do dungeons for groups.

Plus dungeons are just buggy messes with mobs coming out of walls, stairs to get stuck on, getting bombed by people pulling mobs onto you, one exit/entrance, and some of them being long AF.

- The content is terrible.
Legendary weapons were a total disappointment and a waste of time. As a former craftsman I expected to be able to create my own custom weapons with a proper creative and different process. The only thing we got is some kind of silly item that allows you to get some drawings on the weapon that you can't configure and some durability, they are not legendary weapons, they are just decorated weapons (very discreetly)

Legendary weapons are just a let down, like all they have to do is have them turn off the 50% dura penalty and then engraved weapons would be worth something to even have. engraving gives like 50 dura which really its giving only 25 dura as half of that dura is penalized under 50%. Its such a easy way to make some very nice items in game that people will seek out.

- Bounty hunter system: ... is a shame. is terrible. Horrible.

BH is just henrik hating on PvPers blaming us for his games failures so hes trying to put more blue bob greifer mechanics into the game. How many yest till we get assassination shit? Lets give people hacks through birds and the ability to gank people in town. I dont even live in town and most of my MCs are gone due to people spawning in strong holds now thank god. But this shit is still just cancer to the casual player that lives out of towns and wants to PvP.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah that's why i'm amazed anyone thinks launching on epic will do anything but burn bridges. They haven't done shit on the backend to support that "single server vision". All that happened is people stopped logging in = servers fixed
UE5 will require more VRAM which means worse performance for a lot of players. Game will look better but older GPUs are going to suffer.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The one server vision is fucking dumb and isn't ever going to work properly unless the game is forever going to be a 1000 pop game.

Another issue with that is the game was designed around having one server.

As someone else said, if by some miracle the population triples with Epic we are going to be in the same situation as launch with 40 hour queues and then people quitting. They didn't fix anything with increasing server capacity btw, people just quit the game.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
The one server vision is fucking dumb and isn't ever going to work properly unless the game is forever going to be a 1000 pop game.

As someone else said, if by some miracle the population triples with Epic we are going to be in the same situation as launch with 40 hour queues and then people quitting. They didn't fix anything with increasing server capacity btw, people just quit the game.

yes. one terrible and uncofortable truth. I iput this post 2 days along and i have 1000 views. I feel people not feel happy with game state.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020

I like the one server idea onestly. The question Is : Is It achievable for more than 1000 people? or Is Just SV that are not able to handle It ?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I think there are server solutions. It was painfully obvious that all SV servers were tied, like I said before, how if you'd go to Sardu and it'd be like you are in (x) territory but it would be a Myr guild cuz the two maps basically overlapped haha. It was similar to what you call shards. They were dupes, IRONIC.

I really think diff servers and multiple chars, so you could spec a new char on a new 'shard,' would be cool. I even would enjoy the suggested public test server.

There is like "this game is doing too much...", but I feel like we aren't even close to it. There are so many things they could have tried. They brought in network experts and you don't have to read between the lines much to know they prol were like yea nah haha.

Make player interaction deeper and make world interaction deeper. Two simple things. The second one comes by populating the world not making new dungeons, imo! And the first prol has a lot to do with pvp tuning in terms of how much fighting is permitted.

I like the one server idea onestly. The question Is : Is It achievable for more than 1000 people? or Is Just SV that are not able to handle It ?

You mean is it feasible or is it SV's technical limitations. This is completely uneducated and uninformed, but I'd say... it's SV. haha. A larger company could do it. You could do it with linking stuff, too, prol. Some of those node lines are so hard you wouldn't know if you were switching servers :p

The first thing I'd love to see is much better draw distance for mobs and people, accounting for bushes etc so you can hide and not be seen as some naked standing where foliage doesn't appear. Focus on world-building. Notice all of the things they are adding are content, but they aren't world building. They are going within the world, the world is not getting fleshed.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Respect is not something you claim its something you earn.
And allow me to correct you on the fact that my ex's little boy wore diapers back when mo1 was released, im not into that, nor kissing someones ass.
The big problem imo you fail to acknowledge as you say yourself is that you are under the impression that the veterans is all there is and if you cater to their needs everything would be fine.
Yea you are right im no mo1 veteran as back then i was still into daoc, planetside 1, warhammer online and only played mo1 at release for a short time.
And as i said i understand that you want your game back, as much as i want planetside 1 to be remade and planetside 2 eradicated from existance for the abomination it is. But i also learned that the sequel is just another type of game and no matter how much you complain it will not change.

Unfortunately for you, I dont know you. I know Ibarruri from MO1, and he earned my respect in that game for being one of the FEW honest businessmen in that game. I am sure many MO1 vets know of Ibarruri, for the same reason. So until you have proven yourself in some way or form to the vet community here you are nobody and dont deserve to talk down to anyone of the vets here.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
UE5 will require more VRAM which means worse performance for a lot of players. Game will look better but older GPUs are going to suffer.
I have a 3080 32 gigs ram nice processor and the game still goes down to 30 fps frequently. Which makes it look and feel like shit

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
2k is the practical limit but the servers started buckling as soon as we hit about 1,5k.
SV actually used to advertise support for an "infinite ammount of players" on their website until recently(i wonder why they removed it) as an official marketing post abut how many players their "revolutionary" tech suuports.
It turns out it can't support even a wow private server's count of players.

Reactions: Hodo

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
All procedere in the game takes way too long and the things you can do are very limited and/or buggy. Best feature are the players themselve but the server cant handle enough people to get fun and immersive. But its OK, they wont stay long anyway, I guess?

At the end of the day, there is more sand around and less poop inside my cats litter box, than in this hiking simulator.

But to stay fair, there exists at least one mechanic that seems to work as intended: The uninstallation process.
10/10

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
2k is the practical limit but the servers started buckling as soon as we hit about 1,5k.
SV actually used to advertise support for an "infinite ammount of players" on their website until recently(i wonder why they removed it) as an official marketing post abut how many players their "revolutionary" tech suuports.
It turns out it can't support even a wow private server's count of players.

The sad thing is even with 1.5k to 2k population limit, that is bigger than any MMO of this type on the market. I dont know why they just dont run with that...

The sad thing is regional servers at launch would have been a double edged sword. Assuming they had them at launch and the population dropped like it did, you would be looking at server mergers or just shutdown. Which is more of a headache than it is in any other style of game.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
- The economy is a mess.

In Mortal Online 1 there was a rare vendor that popped up every now and then around the holidays. Some kind of goat man with horns. Unfortunately I forgot the name. Was is Krampus Bukus ? This NPC could give out rare and one-time cosmetic items that have a high collectible value. These could cost e.g. 20 stacks of Incisium, Steel or even Cronite to drain the ammount of materials in the economy.
SV could counter inflation with a new coin. Effective immediately, the vendor could no longer accept the old gold coins. SV could implement that into the lore. The imperial bank has been cheating you and printing tipped coins for years. Therefore, new coins are no longer accepted. You could trade that 100:1 for a new Myrland Coin.Games without full loot always havea broken economy but also full loot games such as Ultima Online, Albion Online and Mortal Online have such Problems. Albion Onlien had such Problems in the beginning. After the Devs see that too many Gold in generated they stopped to produce COntent and worked on the Black Market. They made it possible to exchange Gold(Silver) into premium currency. With this premium currency you could do nothing then buying subscription. The more currency there is in circulation, the more expensive the sub will cost if you not pay with real money but premium currency, that could only be used for subscription ! If a Subscription cost 5000 Gold, no normal Player, not living below the poverty line would pay so much ingame Gold to pay for the Sub !
Only a few no lifers would do that and the game benefits from those players who are always online. The more popular the game is, the more attractive the game becomes to new and paying customers. We saw it in Albion. After the patch, the game had 15 times more players and made significantly more sales ! This method and the blackmarket fixed the economy Albion Online struggled with !

"- The dungeons were created for maybe 10-12 people. Without an instance system, any large guild can take out bosses in 1 minute. I have seen it personally. They are no challenge. It's terribly embarrassing."

The game should determine how many players enter the boss area. The boss's hitpoints could be scaled up as well as additional area damage spells could be added to the fight. The Queen could drop more eggs. A second Spiderqueen could enter the fight or additional mobs could be spawned by the miniotaur king. Just add a few doors into the boss room that are used from minotaurs to help their King.

The Loot like the Axe and the Egg are used for rare books. Give us more use for thise items. Fpr Players that already have the book. Maybe for crafting or to get rare materials.

- It is not a complete game.

More features will be added over time. S

- PVP

We need Player created points of interests (world Events) that trigger PVP !

This is very important, becuase the world is very huge.
This sometimes prevents some people from roaming around, becuase it can take long time to find other another groupt o PVP with. However, if you know there's going to be PVP at a certain point and at a certain time, then you prepare for it and log in, becuase the PVP is a lot of fun in this game !

That's why we need a meteorologist NPC who announces meteor impacts in advance and where they will approximately hit Myrland and many other mechanics i meantioned in the thread abvove. This is just one of many ideas from the thread linked above!

- Quality of life.

More Quality of life updates could save us so much wasted time !

This player wrote

"It takes too much time to do stuff in this game
One reason it's hard to get back on after getting off is the sheer amount of time it takes to do something in this game. Just thinking about gearing up, getting my pets out of the stable, gearing them up, etc, traveling 30-60 minutes to a PvE spot or farming spot - not to mention the PvE spot might be farmed out already, or you might get ganked on your way there or back, making it all a waste of time"

Here my recomendation about a hireable Stable NPC !

How many new players died in the Jungle or somewhere where you can´t find a horse spawn, or you don´t have someone with you who can tame a horse. How many times your horse died and you had to destoy your goods from your pet bags, to be able to move.

I think we need a hireable stable boy and an NPC that sell carrier pigeons to contact him. If your horse die you should be able to contact your stable boy and he should deliver one of your horses from your stable to your location in the next 8-10 minutes. The horse should spawn behind you, to not break the immersion not seeing a rider delivering your horse. (like they did it in GTA)

Then you could take a cigarette break and continiue the adventure instead of getting frustrated, becuase you had to destoy your loot, sucide and spawn in town, becuase you have no taming. This would make the game so much more small group/solo player viable.
You wouldn't waste your time as much if something bad happend to your horse and it can quickly happen that the horse die under you ass, if you have ridden down a stone too hastily.

The second suggestion i want to make is primitive crafting without a workbench. Being able to survival craft arrows, a primitive bow (compareable to vendor bow) and a primitive woodcutting axe to farm some wood for survival-crafting would be awesome. The primitive wood cutter axe should give much less yield and it should take a while to gather enough wood to craft a bow, so you can't easily grief other players continuously after you died, but it should be possible, so you're not constantly being forced to go back to town when you run out of arrows, or if a part of the armor breaks. We should at least to be able to craft a primitive survival armor without a workbench from simple lether.

Lack of reasons to get on daily
There really is nothing in this game to get you to log in daily. No farming, pets to feed, daily quests or rewards, etc. It makes it easy to log off and never log on again.

It takes too much time to do stuff in this game

Some people not have enogh time to do dungeon runs.

Personally, I think we really need a Fast Travel. No player cast moongates or recalls, but there should be strategically placed and connected magic locations (moongate spots). There's a lot that can go wrong with any form of fast travel, but the game can also benefit from it, if you think about it enough. Many players fear that too many players could use such moongates, so that there are hardly any players roaming around, who they can kill and that entire armies could be moved through a moongate during a siege. That the farmers would nowhere be safe from Pks. That Items could be transported without any risks and so on.

This all could be prevented if done correctly !

First, these Moongate location would have to be placed strategically. No less than 15 minutes from the nearest town away, to allow players to be catched. "Many players fear that too many players could use such moongates, so that there are hardly any players roaming around" Between the routes that can be skipped through using connected Moongate locations, to reach a dungeon faster and to save some time. This could be prevented by adding many more strategicly placed points of interest in those areas that can be skipped, so that these sections of the route are also interesting for PVP and PVE players, so that there are enough players roaming around in these areas !

It could be prevented that entire armies could be moved during a siege.
The Moongate could only let 12 players through per hour. Exactly the number of players the dungeon is designed for.
During siege battles, the Moongate places could be turned off completely.

SV could prevent players from traveling through the Moongate with items and i could require some kind of Moonstone, that cost Gold! Then the players would still have to build a house near the dungeon to equip themselves. They would then have to ride back with the loot, since you cannot take these items through the Moongate! Nevertheless, this would be spare one stretch. You have to calculate with 1 hour of preparation. 1 hour way. 2 hours Dunegon farming and 1 hour way back. 5h is too much for many players. That would cut the time down to 4 hours !

The Game would benefit from that !

For excample if nnone of your friends are online in the morning but you want to have some fun fights in GK or mine a bit. It would take you 15 min to the Moongate spot, 15 min way to reach GK to get some small scale PVP in town for several hours and then you can return to Meduli or Bakti in 30 min. You would save at least 1 h travel time !
Mortal tries to simulate and stimulate a player driven scene with tools that serve players to do things. The how players access those tools Is key.
I like diegetic systems and even tho you can grab some concepts from another games it cannot be in form of bandaids and minor patches.
Extrapolating features from another games just because Is not the way to go. Id hate to see mortal become another garbage mainstream game, the potential this game has Is not It's emptyness and the capacity to steal stupid features from other games. It's the main game concept, and everything should build up as diegetically as possible around that concept.

Not opposed to better naked travelling methods but trying to turn mortal into albion Is aids.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The sad thing is even with 1.5k to 2k population limit, that is bigger than any MMO of this type on the market. I dont know why they just dont run with that...

The sad thing is regional servers at launch would have been a double edged sword. Assuming they had them at launch and the population dropped like it did, you would be looking at server mergers or just shutdown. Which is more of a headache than it is in any other style of game.
Just release without housing and server merge would have been a non issue

Reactions: Jatix

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They are running with it, the current numbers aren't near 1,5 daily peaks.

Also, the only full loot MMO on the market? First of all it's not even full loot anymore, but i hate to point to aan ancient game like UO that still pulls over 2k daily peaks on private shards, let alone official servers. Not that bad for a 20 year old game.

Reactions: Daikos and Jatix