Mounted archer Online is pretty BS

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
IMO you don't need anatomy as a Dex mage, just use lesser heal, you can get blocking. You don't need daggers if you're a taming mage, that's the pets job (yes I know they don't always work).

Have you had the birds chase a mounted person? Do they hit the person/horse when 3speed?
I have not yet tried as im no joke scared to bring them out just to find out they are bugged and watch them die for no reason lol...

My point was you said tamer mage is not a shitty dex mage he is if you cant use your pets cause they are bugged atm....
as a dex mage you get
Daggers
Block
Offensive stance

at the very minimum these 3 skills are very helpful for combat pve or pvp vs having a pet that does nothing so yes you are technically a shitty dex mage, if you have a pet that works then obviously this makes up for the loss in 3-400 points.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I have not yet tried as im no joke scared to bring them out just to find out they are bugged and watch them die for no reason lol...

My point was you said tamer mage is not a shitty dex mage he is if you cant use your pets cause they are bugged atm....
as a dex mage you get
Daggers
Block
Offensive stance

at the very minimum these 3 skills are very helpful for combat pve or pvp vs having a pet that does nothing so yes you are technically a shitty dex mage, if you have a pet that works then obviously this makes up for the loss in 3-400 points.

You'll have to get over that fear of losing things or you'll have a bad time. You can go get another one.

You can fit blocking but not the melee skills. In a foot fight a tamer mage should beat a FF unless you can't parry or you have a weak pet.

Pets are only bugged against other NPCs afaik, I haven't had issues sicking them on a player. There is a way around the pet bug tho...aggro the mob you want to kill with spurt, pull the mob right next to your pet (like literally inside of it), then order it to attack. Sure its janky but you can make it work.

That said, yeah an MA will still beat you unless terror birds are fast enough, but a Dex mage will never beat a MA regardless of having daggers.

Duk420

Jan 12, 2022
Its more than just the points for MA. Aiming from horse back should be extremely difficult. As it is now you get 0 shake when firing a bow from horse back. This is without any points in MA or archery. On foot you get shake even when standing perfectly still. That's a major design flaw in the game.

Is this how the people that faced Mongolian Hordes felt?

History is crrrrraaaazzzyy!

I'm pretty sure it's close to how people who faced the Mongols felt. The big difference is it took training from birth for a Mongol warrior to gain proficiency in mounted archery. They started riding at 3 years old. Did their first long range endurance race between the ages of 5 and 7. You didn't win this race by coming in first, you won by not perishing. You spent your entire life learning a skill that even few of the Mongols truly mastered. The way Mortal Online works they seem to think that with basic proficiency in riding you can aim and fire a bow from horseback with unerring accuracy. I mean how stupid was the rest of the world that they didn't just slap some plebs on horseback with bows and be as dominating as the Mongols were.

Reactions: CrgHck

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
You'll have to get over that fear of losing things or you'll have a bad time. You can go get another one.

You can fit blocking but not the melee skills. In a foot fight a tamer mage should beat a FF unless you can't parry or you have a weak pet.

Pets are only bugged against other NPCs afaik, I haven't had issues sicking them on a player. There is a way around the pet bug tho...aggro the mob you want to kill with spurt, pull the mob right next to your pet (like literally inside of it), then order it to attack. Sure its janky but you can make it work.

That said, yeah an MA will still beat you unless terror birds are fast enough, but a Dex mage will never beat a MA regardless of having daggers.
Im not worried about losing anything honestly im more worried about losing it for no reason...If im in a fight and everything works and it dies its fine is what it is....I just dont wanna take out it to have it die over nothing cause game mechanics are broken

D

Deleted member 44

Man, I called this thread. Pokemon enjoyer gets dunked.

D

Deleted member 44

cool nice addition to the thread i hope your enjoying your MA online for now until everyone is ma....FOM players are the best they always add great knowledge and insight into conversations.
I've been playing mortal for 10 years kid.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Im not worried about losing anything honestly im more worried about losing it for no reason...If im in a fight and everything works and it dies its fine is what it is....I just dont wanna take out it to have it die over nothing cause game mechanics are broken

That's fair, but you won't know if it works till you try. Once I get my hands on a terror bird I'll give it a try and let you know 🙂

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
How effective are arrows against good armor? Is this just the meta until steel armor becomes more affordable?

Can you block arrows with a shield?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Does it help if you block though? I feel like arrows should be actively blockable with a shield.

You don't reduce the damage any of you actively block, but it does change the position of the shield so you can protect your head more afaik.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Look another thread pointing out how OP MA, another day of the same 5 people who are well know MA players saying it not strong. But guys let ignore the fact that you can literally solo trolls as a MA

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Look another thread pointing out how OP MA, another day of the same 5 people who are well know MA players saying it not strong. But guys let ignore the fact that you can literally solo trolls as a MA

You can solo trolls as a MM too :)

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Historically speaking, mounted archers were very powerful. Therefore, they should be the strongest possible combat class in Mortal Online 2.

Historical Accuracy > Game Balance

I'm joking of course. MA is risk-free and this issue is exacerbated by the fact that the map is 4x too large and it takes 9 centuries to run anywhere.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Naked tamers complaining they got killed..
Just make it a pve game already. Then everyone can be happy.

Reactions: Tzone

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Saying you need steel+ to counter a sub 1 gold bow is a fancy way of saying bows are busted damage wise. Imagine being any other build that cant use high end metal gear. And just the concept is stupid. How come a Molarium sword doesnt get to dunk? Because that would be stupid and make no sense. You should need animal mat armor to counter animal mat tier weaponry. Not cronite.

I cant just roll steel + everywhere because I'm sadly not in a zerg, and will get zerged and die regardless of what I wear. So bows are just aids. Which is a pretty trash way to balance the game. it shouldn't be bows are god tier until you wear good metal and then they suck. Just makes no sense.

How would you recommend it be balanced then?
Like mounted is always going to be good because mobility. But there's a lot of ways they could make MA less gross to fight. Like more bow sway while riding, and not being able to heal your mount while riding it. Shooting a bow on foots while sprinting is pain. Why does MA get to just be a better foot archer, who gets to just be a foot archer / FF when their horse dies with like no drawbacks?

Last edited: