Mounted archer Online is pretty BS

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Saying you need steel+ to counter a sub 1 gold bow is a fancy way of saying bows are busted damage wise. Imagine being any other build that cant use high end metal gear. And just the concept is stupid. How come a Molarium sword doesnt get to dunk? Because that would be stupid and make no sense. You should need animal mat armor to counter animal mat tier weaponry. Not cronite.

I cant just roll steel + everywhere because I'm sadly not in a zerg, and will get zerged and die regardless of what I wear. So bows are just aids. Which is a pretty trash way to balance the game. it shouldn't be bows are god tier until you wear good metal and then they suck. Just makes no sense.

Like mounted is always going to be good because mobility. But there's a lot of ways they could make MA less gross to fight. Like more bow sway while riding, and not being able to heal your mount while riding it. Shooting a bow on foots while sprinting is pain. Why does MA get to just be a better foot archer, who gets to just be a foot archer / FF when their horse dies with like no drawbacks?
Dont worry Henrik reassures us that once the rest of the MA skills come in game in 5 years we will get the head bob while riding and MAing. Its a work in progress, so we just have to deal with such retardation until he decides its time to finish up this WIP.

Release ready they said...

D

Deleted member 44

I enjoy watching MAs and Tamers argue over which of their zero effort playstyles is more OP, it's entertaining.
This is ironic coming from you. You play both on the same character.

MA/Mage that runs around with a terror bird.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Can we please Fix this asap.....It does not require enough points to create an MA and they are over powered as fuck right now and i will not accept anyone who tells me otherwise.

Even FF can be MA to an extent and MA can be foot fighters.....It would be 1 thing if you could down the horse and then sticky back them but they can fight almost as well as FF.

MA should have some downfalls but as it stands they are by far the dominant class.....Even if its just for griefing Kill someones horse and leave them in the middle of nowhere not able to pick anything they have up....SO you are forced to run back or kill yourself its pretty Bullshit

No point to playing tamer atm as half the skills dont work and pets hit boxes are fucked so most of the time they just stare at enemies
no point to playing Mounted Mage as it does fuck all and MA is just 10X better
No point to playing Dex Mage as everything is pretty much as fast as you are
No point to playing Fat Mage as you will be kited around and eventually die

Ma is just all around far superior to all other classes atm. Nerf them please and not some stupid small nerf They need to spend atleast another 3-400 points into mounted combat in order to be as viable as they are..... ( atleast then they cant also be FF.)

This game in current state of pvp is a fucking joke you either Play MA Or play hide a seek until the MA gets tired of chasing you around or you get his mount low and he runs away....They dont have to pick if an engagement is worth it or not as 90% of the time they can just choose to leave the fight at anytime and then you are stuck sitting there with no mount while they just casually ride off.
A real mounted archer has controlled riding, mounted archery, aiming technique and controlled aiming, marksmanship, and archery
this a 600 primary points of being a mounted archer. A foot fighter dont have these points left over he just have to adapt and remove some skills and he will never be full mounted archer. so it depends but you tlak about the people that jsut have mounted archery and controlled riding.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Like mounted is always going to be good because mobility. But there's a lot of ways they could make MA less gross to fight. Like more bow sway while riding, and not being able to heal your mount while riding it. Shooting a bow on foots while sprinting is pain. Why does MA get to just be a better foot archer, who gets to just be a foot archer / FF when their horse dies with like no drawbacks?

I agree with the sway thing, but I'm pretty sure that's on the way from what Henrik has stated.

I disagree with not being able to heal while on horseback unless you mean bandaging or something.

An MA is can't use longbows so they are a faster and less powerful foot archer. Sure when they're dismounted they can be a FF too, but it would almost never played if you couldn't at least somewhat fight on foot after you're dismounted. Horses are paper.

I'm not trying to diminish how strong they are, but I don't think they are OP other than the lack of sway when aiming. The fact that everyone is MA is because the map is too large to traverse on foot in a reasonable amount of time, and MC isn't as effective for PvE farming, and pretty underwhelming damage wise in PvP afaik, especially because...horses are paper.

D

Deleted member 44

LOL never said anything about how long you've been playing...So again some super insightful addition to the current debate....
You called me a FOM player. I'm not, and you just suck at the game.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This is ironic coming from you. You play both on the same character.

MA/Mage that runs around with a terror bird.
I'm glad you appreciated my meme video showcasing how broken these styles are. Hopefully my dream of seeing them both nerfed is realized.

D

Deleted member 44

I'm glad you appreciated my meme video showcasing how broken these styles are. Hopefully my dream of seeing them both nerfed is realized.
Nah. I didn't watch your videos. I just saw your squad running around. I enjoy killing all your mounts and then leaving. Quality content.

• Haha
Reactions: C3ncio

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
I disagree with your whole approach here. You state MA are FF more or less.

For classes you either have pure MA:
With all archery skills and maybe no weapon skills or aggressive stance.
Then you have typical Footfighter:
With just MA and archery.
I guess you have some gimped Footfighter build with no MC or MA.

Seems like you just came to cry because you got rekt off your mount, then still got owned on foot (where you felt like you should have won). Do yourself a favour and pick up MA.

Footfighter needs to be able to pick up archery and mounted archery for 200 SP. As soon as you increase this requirement you will have all of the Footfighters getting rekt on mounted, by either pure MA builds or mounted mages.

Don't go Footfighter without archery, simple.

I love the idea of being able to use bows and fight on foot. Having to choose between one or the other would severely hurt the experience. Being either a wheelchair or sucking on mounted was a big issue in MO1. For obvious reasons you want to be able to do both somewhat proficiently.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I disagree with your whole approach here. You state MA are FF more or less.

For classes you either have pure MA:
With all archery skills and maybe no weapon skills or aggressive stance.
Then you have typical Footfighter:
With just MA and archery.
I guess you have some gimped Footfighter build with no MC or MA.

Seems like you just came to cry because you got rekt off your mount, then still got owned on foot (where you felt like you should have won). Do yourself a favour and pick up MA.

Footfighter needs to be able to pick up archery and mounted archery for 200 SP. As soon as you increase this requirement you will have all of the Footfighters getting rekt on mounted, by either pure MA builds or mounted mages.

Don't go Footfighter without archery, simple.

I love the idea of being able to use bows and fight on foot. Having to choose between one or the other would severely hurt the experience. Being either a wheelchair or sucking on mounted was a big issue in MO1. For obvious reasons you want to be able to do both somewhat proficiently.
So what you are saying is that I would have to be retarded not to pick archery because it is that imbalanced, got it.

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
So what you are saying is that I would have to be retarded not to pick archery because it is that imbalanced, got it.

Basically yeah, you need some range or you will just get kited, that goes for a lot of games.

You could do just long bows from feet (100 archery) but then don't expect to be exceedingly better than someone who does same footfighter build but drops swimming or aggressive stance or whatever to take on mounted archery aswell.

If archery was 500SP to just be viable then both mages AND pure archers would stomp footfighters all day.

I acknowledge there are balance issues and making mounts have more HP (and MC more dmg) might mean you can take up mounted combat INSTEAD of archery, so you can close gaps and not get kited all day. But I guess they tried to avoid MO1 (mounted combat online) a bit too much.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

If you're moving around doing serious things on a mount w/ o attack skills yea, it's poor planning. If you are really ballsy, you can take a long bow and jump off and probably be able to deter mounteds, but if you are carrying stacks or whatever, they might pop your mount and you lose the ability to carry everything, effectively making you take a huge L.

If you're just riding around to fight or farm stuff that you can carry w/o bags, no reason not to take 100 ranged combat and a longbow. Your mount dying shouldn't mean much. But if your gameplay is beyond that, then yeah, you should be able to fight off your mount. Plenty of places you can be on foot and do things, but it's always been where if you wanna transport something you want MC or MA, or just a good mount and smart pathing (shout out to my tamer from MO1 hue hue), but I'm not gonna be 'that person' anymore now that they changed the skill tree. Couldn't even really have bandaids back then, now that you can have combat skills, yea I'd def dump something and take a wep skill. Even if you do 50 pts or w/e. You need something to defend yourself if you are doing mounted stuff. It's not about imbalance, it's about being able to do something vs not being able to do something.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Can we please Fix this asap.....It does not require enough points to create an MA and they are over powered as fuck right now and i will not accept anyone who tells me otherwise.

Even FF can be MA to an extent and MA can be foot fighters.....It would be 1 thing if you could down the horse and then sticky back them but they can fight almost as well as FF.

MA should have some downfalls but as it stands they are by far the dominant class.....Even if its just for griefing Kill someones horse and leave them in the middle of nowhere not able to pick anything they have up....SO you are forced to run back or kill yourself its pretty Bullshit

No point to playing tamer atm as half the skills dont work and pets hit boxes are fucked so most of the time they just stare at enemies
no point to playing Mounted Mage as it does fuck all and MA is just 10X better
No point to playing Dex Mage as everything is pretty much as fast as you are
No point to playing Fat Mage as you will be kited around and eventually die

Ma is just all around far superior to all other classes atm. Nerf them please and not some stupid small nerf They need to spend atleast another 3-400 points into mounted combat in order to be as viable as they are..... ( atleast then they cant also be FF.)

This game in current state of pvp is a fucking joke you either Play MA Or play hide a seek until the MA gets tired of chasing you around or you get his mount low and he runs away....They dont have to pick if an engagement is worth it or not as 90% of the time they can just choose to leave the fight at anytime and then you are stuck sitting there with no mount while they just casually ride off.
a horse archer is a prerequisite for all players, if you are interested in PVP, and everything else is additional options, but for crafters and gatherers, the main ability is to avoid any battle, where it's enough just to run well, and fat tycoons just have to die periodically, that's the whole point of the economy

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I was a MA in MO1, and I had a Fat mage in MO1. I tried a Mage/Dominator this time around. It lasted about a month..... I got so sick of the issues with the state of pets and the fact that only 3 are even viable if you dont want to walk everywhere. And of those 3 only 1 is viable for PVP barely. So I deleted that toon and went back to a MA. Why? Because the MA is and always has been good. The issues with MAs now in MO2 is simple.

- No bow wobble while moving on a mount. In MO1 the faster you went the bigger the wobble of the bow when aiming. This was based on the mounts gate.

- Low skill in Mounted Archery, does way to high damage vs other skills at low levels like Mounted Magic.

- Mounted characters have zero reason to NOT wear the heaviest plate they can wear. It has no effect on aiming or use of weapon.

Fixes for MA.

- Bring back the aim wobble based on mount movement. Right now you are a gyrostabilized M1A2 Abrams M256 cannon.

- Limit visual range in heavy plate helmets.... I know the salt will flow from this one. But there was a reason visors flipped up, and it wasnt just so they can breath.

- Bring back the fall animation when you're dismounted, either from mount death or being dismounted.

As for the other mounted "professions"... Mounted Combat is just broken... the swing animation is one side.. and not even the right side, literally.
Mounted Magic.. lol 2x casting time and cant turn. So basically be a target for twice the time vs just getting off the mount and using the damned thing for cover. Mounted Magic should reduce the cast time based on the skill level, along with increasing the damage to match that as if they were on foot.

But what do I know, I only played an MA/MC in MO1 for 10 years.

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
I was a MA in MO1, and I had a Fat mage in MO1. I tried a Mage/Dominator this time around. It lasted about a month..... I got so sick of the issues with the state of pets and the fact that only 3 are even viable if you dont want to walk everywhere. And of those 3 only 1 is viable for PVP barely. So I deleted that toon and went back to a MA. Why? Because the MA is and always has been good. The issues with MAs now in MO2 is simple.

- No bow wobble while moving on a mount. In MO1 the faster you went the bigger the wobble of the bow when aiming. This was based on the mounts gate.

- Low skill in Mounted Archery, does way to high damage vs other skills at low levels like Mounted Magic.

- Mounted characters have zero reason to NOT wear the heaviest plate they can wear. It has no effect on aiming or use of weapon.

Fixes for MA.

- Bring back the aim wobble based on mount movement. Right now you are a gyrostabilized M1A2 Abrams M256 cannon.

- Limit visual range in heavy plate helmets.... I know the salt will flow from this one. But there was a reason visors flipped up, and it wasnt just so they can breath.

- Bring back the fall animation when you're dismounted, either from mount death or being dismounted.

As for the other mounted "professions"... Mounted Combat is just broken... the swing animation is one side.. and not even the right side, literally.
Mounted Magic.. lol 2x casting time and cant turn. So basically be a target for twice the time vs just getting off the mount and using the damned thing for cover. Mounted Magic should reduce the cast time based on the skill level, along with increasing the damage to match that as if they were on foot.

But what do I know, I only played an MA/MC in MO1 for 10 years.
I agree with all of this... My main point was that mounted archers are like 90% of the population because they have no downside atm.....they are cheap easy to make and you can have the best armor....You choose which fight you wish to engage and wish to run away from <------This alone is a fucking joke....Come in kill mounts fight oh im gonna lose ill just run away, now im stuck on foot.

Surviving an MA is not that hard if you have trees to take cover, if im not in the open i can go toe to toe and survive my point is even if i do survive i lose now i have to run back or find a horse spawn.....they dont have a down side to engaging they kill my horse way faster then i can kill theres as i have to get off mine. the class just has no downsides and thats my issue with it.

Reactions: Duk420