Mounted archer Online is pretty BS

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Can we please Fix this asap.....It does not require enough points to create an MA and they are over powered as fuck right now and i will not accept anyone who tells me otherwise.

Even FF can be MA to an extent and MA can be foot fighters.....It would be 1 thing if you could down the horse and then sticky back them but they can fight almost as well as FF.

MA should have some downfalls but as it stands they are by far the dominant class.....Even if its just for griefing Kill someones horse and leave them in the middle of nowhere not able to pick anything they have up....SO you are forced to run back or kill yourself its pretty Bullshit

No point to playing tamer atm as half the skills dont work and pets hit boxes are fucked so most of the time they just stare at enemies
no point to playing Mounted Mage as it does fuck all and MA is just 10X better
No point to playing Dex Mage as everything is pretty much as fast as you are
No point to playing Fat Mage as you will be kited around and eventually die

Ma is just all around far superior to all other classes atm. Nerf them please and not some stupid small nerf They need to spend atleast another 3-400 points into mounted combat in order to be as viable as they are..... ( atleast then they cant also be FF.)

This game in current state of pvp is a fucking joke you either Play MA Or play hide a seek until the MA gets tired of chasing you around or you get his mount low and he runs away....They dont have to pick if an engagement is worth it or not as 90% of the time they can just choose to leave the fight at anytime and then you are stuck sitting there with no mount while they just casually ride off.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Yeah it's definelty annoying but Henrik already said (I'm pretty sure he did on steam last time) that becoming mounted archer will become harder in near future. Something about it needing more primary skills to be effecient and more shake while aiming on horseback. So all we can do is wait.

Overall I'd like to see some kind of ability to slow down other characters who are faster then you. Maybe I'm just missing something since I'm new but if I'm as foot fighter trying to catch alvarin with high dexterity, it's basically impossible. They run overall faster and + have their racial so you can just give up from the start.
Some kind of tackle ability to at least give slower characters a chace at getting them if they misstep would be nice.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
No point to playing tamer atm as half the skills dont work and pets hit boxes are fucked so most of the time they just stare at enemies
Has very little to do with MA. Taming is broken and no one should take it, simple as that.

no point to playing Mounted Mage as it does fuck all and MA is just 10X better
I can 1v3 vs MA all day but as a footie i'm very scared of MM

No point to playing Dex Mage as everything is pretty much as fast as you are
If you can't kill an MA as a dex mage you're really screwed.

No point to playing Fat Mage as you will be kited around and eventually die
Again has nothing to do with MA. Any footie can kite you around.

This game needs MA for foot combat to exist at all. Otherwise people will just ride away laughing in your face, knowing that you can do nothing to you as long as you don't dismount. It'll basically become a PvP toggle game outside dungeons and graveyards.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Has very little to do with MA. Taming is broken and no one should take it, simple as that. Yes

I can 1v3 vs MA all day but as a footie i'm very scared of MM.

You cant 1v3 a Good MA as a footy unless you are also playing MA they will kite you all day dont lie me

If you can't kill an MA as a dex mage you're really screwed.

If you are in the open your fucked so you have to use trees to play hide and seek and the MA can disengage whenever he feels like it its not like he has to commit to the kill which leaves you stranded now its BS he has all the power which is what i find annoying...I play a dex mage / tamer and sure i can survive play hide and seek until i down his mount but if i dont and he just runs off im stuck holding the bag the fact that they dont have to commit to anything is what i find BS.

Again has nothing to do with MA. Any footie can kite you around.

This was just a point that MA is just way better i understand that even footy can run around you.

This game needs MA for foot combat to exist at all. Otherwise people will just ride away laughing in your face, knowing that you can do nothing to you as long as you don't dismount. It'll basically become a PvP toggle game outside dungeons and graveyards.

Im also not saying get rid of the MA but they need a bigger point sink and a mounted combat nerf they are just to dam strong atm and they can fight on the ground

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Im also not saying get rid of the MA but they need a bigger point sink and a mounted combat nerf they are just to dam strong atm and they can fight on the ground

They are not strong. MA is necessary to initiate foot combat, that is ALL it is good for. It should be secondary for all i care.

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Sorry that above reply was dog shit but if you read thu it you can figure out what i said my bad

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
They are not strong. MA is necessary to initiate foot combat, that is ALL it is good for. It should be secondary for all i care.
Ok in group pvp they may not be that strong But in small scale 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 they are very strong..... If they werent strong 90% of the server wouldnt be MA atm so you cant even say they arent OP.

Reactions: Contorto

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
MA is pretty strong, but you're looking at this from a solo perspective as far as I can tell.

Taming is plenty strong in a foot fight. And I'm pretty sure terror birds can keep up with horses (last I heard, haven't tried it). That said yeah, 2 of the skills don't do anything (so just pop the books and wait) and some of the mechanics are questionable.

Footies with a longbow (all should have them just in case) can make a MA piss right off real quick with how flimsy horses are.

I imagine you'll still be able to fit some amount of foot fighting capabilities even when they add the need for 2 more of the archery primaries. Maybe you won't be hitting as hard as a full footie, but you'll still be plenty effective, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Dex mages will never be able to play solo easily, especially without taming or doing 25str with a dagger

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Ok in group pvp they may not be that strong But in small scale 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 they are very strong..... If they werent strong 90% of the server wouldnt be MA atm so you cant even say they arent OP.
No. Again you can 1v3 easily against MA. Maybe you won't kill them but they won't kill you either. Especially if you have access to magic for healing. They aren't OP. People take it because it is necessary in a huge world where everyone is on mount.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
MA is pretty strong, but you're looking at this from a solo perspective as far as I can tell.

Taming is plenty strong in a foot fight. And I'm pretty sure terror birds can keep up with horses (last I heard, haven't tried it). That said yeah, 2 of the skills don't do anything (so just pop the books and wait) and some of the mechanics are questionable.

Footies with a longbow (all should have them just in case) can make a MA piss right off real quick with how flimsy horses are.

I imagine you'll still be able to fit some amount of foot fighting capabilities even when they add the need for 2 more of the archery primaries. Maybe you won't be hitting as hard as a full footie, but you'll still be plenty effective, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Dex mages will never be able to play solo easily, especially without taming or doing 25str with a dagger

100% looking at this from a solo perspective.....typically i do most things solo lol. as a dex mage / tamer with pets in current condition ( so basically just a shitty dex mage ) they are aids to fight unless i have trees around and even then i cant typically kill them as when the mount gets low they just piss off and now im stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no mount cause they always kill my dam mount first.

More then 1 is typically death and if you get caught out with no trees your dead instantly.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
100% looking at this from a solo perspective.....typically i do most things solo lol. as a dex mage / tamer with pets in current condition ( so basically just a shitty dex mage ) they are aids to fight unless i have trees around and even then i cant typically kill them as when the mount gets low they just piss off and now im stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no mount cause they always kill my dam mount first.

More then 1 is typically death and if you get caught out with no trees your dead instantly.

Yeah I agree, solo life as a mage is rough and I wouldn't recommend it. That said I don't think a tamer mage is a shitty Dex mage...my Dex mage is a full tamer without sacrificing anything (I guess anatomy, but lessers are more efficient imo)

Have you tried getting a terror bird? I'd be interested to know if they still catch horses.

fuatX

Feb 5, 2022
Bakti- Morin Khur- Fabernum
Just make it%50 less damage while mounted, %50 less armour while mounted and %50 less speed while attacking. And this will be good balance for them
(Also %25 buff damage and defence for dismounted mages)

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The people on this thread are missing the entire point. It doesnt matter if a foot fighter can defend himself from an MA. The foot fighter had to be an MA to go do anything. And the MA can just be a FF when his mount dies, so being a FF that can kill his horse means nothing. At the end of the day everyone is paying an MA for a reason. And if he kills your mount and realizes you can kill his he can just ride off and you got cocked and get to play walking simulator. Ur mount dying and him leaving isn't a win. And if you werent an MA (on a mount) you didnt even fight back your mount just died worthlessly.

And for the argument "but this isn't a solo game", there's just groups of MA's. Not a whole lot changes. Its still MA online. A few of them might actually lose horses in a group encounter but not a lot changes.

You can literally take 0 MA and liek 25 archery (whatever the min is to unlock ma) and you can easily kill players who dont have a bow, and kill their mounts and ride off if they weren't a MA and only had a longbow. MA skill tree is totally broken.

Reactions: CrgHck

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
The people on this thread are missing the entire point. It doesnt matter if a foot fighter can defend himself from an MA. The foot fighter had to be an MA to go do anything. And the MA can just be a FF when his mount dies, so being a FF that can kill his horse means nothing. At the end of the day everyone is paying an MA for a reason. And if he kills your mount and realizes you can kill his he can just ride off and you got cocked and get to play walking simulator. Ur mount dying and him leaving isn't a win. And if you werent an MA (on a mount) you didnt even fight back your mount just died worthlessly.

And for the argument "but this isn't a solo game", there's just groups of MA's. Not a whole lot changes. Its still MA online. A few of them might actually lose horses in a group encounter but not a lot changes.

You can literally take 0 MA and liek 25 archery (whatever the min is to unlock ma) and you can easily kill players who dont have a bow, and kill their mounts and ride off if they weren't a MA and only had a longbow. MA skill tree is totally broken.

How would you recommend it be balanced then?

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
MAs make farming easy which is one of the reasons we see so many now, also it's has been made much easier to aim than MO1.
If you are FF and die to an MA you are poorly equipped or not using your surrounding or I guess severely outnumbered.
Run into the front of their mount and make them shoot their own horse.

3-400 points? Bringing back wheelchair builds should never be the option

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Yeah I agree, solo life as a mage is rough and I wouldn't recommend it. That said I don't think a tamer mage is a shitty Dex mage...my Dex mage is a full tamer without sacrificing anything (I guess anatomy, but lessers are more efficient imo)

Have you tried getting a terror bird? I'd be interested to know if they still catch horses.

I have 2 level 100 Birds atm....also you have ot give up things like Block daggers offensive stance anatomy these are all things you can get as a dex mage if you dont have taming

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
I dont have a skin in this fight, but I always found the ability to carry 500+ arrows kind of silly.

I wonder if SV limited it to 25 or 50 arrows, MA would be a bit more balanced as they couldn't endlessly fling arrows.

I get it would be a bit of a nerf to pure archery builds but, leaning towards the realism line on this seems better than other arbitrary skillpoint gates

Legion

Feb 1, 2022

Thank you this guy understands my point

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I have 2 level 100 Birds atm....also you have ot give up things like Block daggers offensive stance anatomy these are all things you can get as a dex mage if you dont have taming

IMO you don't need anatomy as a Dex mage, just use lesser heal, you can get blocking. You don't need daggers if you're a taming mage, that's the pets job (yes I know they don't always work).

Have you had the birds chase a mounted person? Do they hit the person/horse when 3speed?