Mortal Online 1 - Legacy

D

Deleted member 44

Cope what people are buying trinkets for half a million gold what are you talking about
Good for them? MO2 has its own problems but MO1 isn't some beacon of a great game. I can't be the only one who left MO1 due to the sheer volume of bugs. You could not play that shit game more than 5 minutes without experiencing some extremely punishing bug. Shit, even in the games last game state it's still dog shit. I logged in MO1 at the release of MO2. I went to Tindrem for a nostalgia trip in my tung armor and prepatch horse. I got to the gates of Tindrem and unbelievable saw one of the five people playing the game. I crash 15 seconds into seeing this person and lost all my shit. That's MO1 gameplay.

Reactions: Hodo
Jul 12, 2022
US
Good for them? MO2 has its own problems but MO1 isn't some beacon of a great game. I can't be the only one who left MO1 due to the sheer volume of bugs. You could not play that shit game more than 5 minutes without experiencing some extremely punishing bug. Shit, even in the games last game state it's still dog shit. I logged in MO1 at the release of MO2. I went to Tindrem for a nostalgia trip in my tung armor and prepatch horse. I got to the gates of Tindrem and unbelievable saw one of the five people playing the game. I crash 15 seconds into seeing this person and lost all my shit. That's MO1 gameplay.

I don't think anyone was saying MO1 was an amazing or great game. Implying you play MO2 because its bug free is funny, and shit I've been playing MO1 and I think I got stuck.. what? Twice? You run around in MO2 you get stuck on the ground.

Crashing and losing your stuff? MO2 literally had a bug where you crashed and got banned. xd

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Good for them? You think it doesn’t effect you if there’s gold supply in the 10s of millions. You’d make a good Democrat. Completely ignorant of economics

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Cope what people are buying trinkets for half a million gold what are you talking about
Yeh, The economy in MO2 is like Sarducca release 100 fold. Even without the duping issues, gold is super easy to get for everyone. Everything is in such high abundance that it's almost like everyone has their own personal money printing machines.

Reactions: Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MO1 was trash. Hard cope in here.

It was something. It had a lot of stuff, but I think one of the bigger problems is that it had all this stuff baked into it... fishing stuff, alchemy stuff, etc etc etc, and now all that stuff has been figured out, and I dunno if they want to/can add new shit. Like look at what they did to cooking. haha.

I think MO1 was pretty awesome as a game. It WAS extra buggy, and yea getting dropped and killed SUCKS. The main problem is the graphics tho. Like I said I got so immersed in MO1 that whenever I'd quit, I'd come back and be like AIYE this game looks like TRASH. and everyone I showed would be like nah I can't play that shit. lol.

So, in that way, people MIGHT play MO2 cuz they made it a bit more friendly. However, they gutted the game. There is a big misunderstanding regarding game 'theory' and why people quit MO1. I mean I remember what a bunch of people said as they quit. I remember quitting. I remember which patches fucked up the game.

It's probably not true that the economy is more fucked than MO1 lol. I mean, if it is, that's surprising to me. MO1 had farming stations everywhere and yea sardu as mentioned.

Mainly MO1 was WASHED af graphic wise in like 2015. That's about when I was like ok... MO1... yea no. I played for the last time I think in 2016 or something. MO2 just needs redirection. IZ OK. IT CAN BE SALVAGED. Dudes just need to fuckin' get their shit right.

Salted @ sub, but I'm sure there's some way I could get my sub working again (dey owe me,) and I have 2 betas so both my accts should be able to get 1 mo... however, ble. But just looking at my bank and ALL the different shit. So many fishes, so many juices, and it all MATTERS. Still time to change the soph list if you wanna be immortalized :D I need to go tame like 100 more things so I can get back on the top taming list, too.

D

Deleted member 44

I don't think anyone was saying MO1 was an amazing or great game. Implying you play MO2 because its bug free is funny, and shit I've been playing MO1 and I think I got stuck.. what? Twice? You run around in MO2 you get stuck on the ground.

Crashing and losing your stuff? MO2 literally had a bug where you crashed and got banned. xd
I never said that. I even said that MO2 has its own problems, and those problems include bugs. Go play MO1. You guys getting real worked up over nothing.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I am comparing MO1 at the 4 month mark to MO2 at the 4 month mark... and well MO2 is far further along. Mo1 at the 4 month mark, the servers were still barely functional with a fraction of the population. If more than 40 people were in an area the node chugged along. Anytime any large group entered the node the whole node lagged. The weather system caused nodes to crash randomly. Mobs were flying, lagging or just invisible. Exploits were more common than bans or ways to report them. Player GMs were corrupt as hell and were well known. Mounts still randomly exploded while riding, killing not only the mount but you to. The list goes on.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Jul 12, 2022
US
I am comparing MO1 at the 4 month mark to MO2 at the 4 month mark... and well MO2 is far further along. Mo1 at the 4 month mark, the servers were still barely functional with a fraction of the population. If more than 40 people were in an area the node chugged along. Anytime any large group entered the node the whole node lagged. The weather system caused nodes to crash randomly. Mobs were flying, lagging or just invisible. Exploits were more common than bans or ways to report them. Player GMs were corrupt as hell and were well known. Mounts still randomly exploded while riding, killing not only the mount but you to. The list goes on.
the game population is rapidly declining and this is without a sub active.⁰

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
the game population is rapidly declining and this is without a sub active.⁰

The population was rapidly declining in MO1 at this point too. I watched my guild of an active 25 people drop to 3 and merge with another guild at that point. That guild had at launch close to 150 people and had dropped to 30.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The population was rapidly declining in MO1 at this point too. I watched my guild of an active 25 people drop to 3 and merge with another guild at that point. That guild had at launch close to 150 people and had dropped to 30.
The difference between mo 1 and 2 is that mo 1 had a good underlying game with tech issues. Mo 2 has less tech issues but still bad but with a trash underlying game.

Jul 12, 2022
US
im just gonna shut down your entire argument that mo2 is better.

mo2 is making the same shitty choices mo1 did, yet the game is worse and even less fun. the only reason mo2 gained any kind of footing was because we are in a game drought and an mmo drought. both of which mo2 cover.

online advertisement wasn't as big back then and it was more word of mouth with anything, but with how big youtube, twitch, twitter, and discord is.. advertising a game that on paper fills a lot of wants for people will draw them in.

finally... you keep comparing one game to the other by their life cycles i.e. comparing the first 6 months between both. mo1 was launched by an inexperienced team. mo2 was launched by an incompetent team. one had a decades plus worth of advantage over the other and its still failing horribly. another was new and amateur.

people always try to argue stuff like using the asset store is fine but people don't realize just how much stuff they bought for mo2 and how lazy it is to do so. it shows such an immense lack of care for their idea as well as respect for their community to do right by them from mo1.

but guess what? game flopped hard in 2 months and we are on course for another mo1 decade where the player base is at such dramatically low numbers on a map 6 times the size of the original.

if people even remotely think necromancy and tc is going to bring people back you are so sorely mistaken as it will expose the deep, deep cracks within this games foundation. all those people who think a high inflation economy ingame is no problem are going to have a ton of fun dealing with people being basically unable to be wiped out and enforcing their playstyle on others in an area.

but yeah sure hodo tell us how you were the top 1% pvp player in mo1 because you used pets and how ai was the pinnacle of guilds and that you are never wrong because you put x time into the game yet ignore basic stuff like this.

Jul 12, 2022
US
I agree but I think that fraction may be quite a bit smaller.

I will surely be on board with MO2 when it has more of the first games features.

But as both games stand currently, MO1 has more to keep me logging in for.
This is another reason they just shouldn't shut down MO1 at all. If anything make it apart of the sub that ends up coming for MO2. Then let character slots be free as well.

Some people will want to play it over MO2, because we never know if MO2 will be as feature complete.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The difference between mo 1 and 2 is that mo 1 had a good underlying game with tech issues. Mo 2 has less tech issues but still bad but with a trash underlying game.

MO1 had the aura of mystic going for it, most of the stuff had yet to be discovered at this point. We didnt have Mortal Data, and Mortal Maps, or even a compass. Hell people still thought the sun rose in the east in Nave. As pointed out by a youtuber "people tend to remember things that made them work or was a challenge they over came with fond memories, while often forgetting things that were handed to them or were easy to achieve." - John Strife Hayes.

This is why people remember the early days of WoW, or Ultima Online and even Everquest far more than the later games like ESO or BDO, or even EQ2. Because many of the challenges that were considered community complaints that were later fixed as quality of life fixes made the game objectively easier. Thus removing any real challenge of finding groups, doing raids, or even getting large tasks done. In MO1 we didnt have help chat, we didnt have voip at launch, we didnt have a map, in game or out, we didnt have crafting calculators, or character builders, we didnt know how to make steel, tungsteel, messing, tindrimic messing or cronite. We didnt know that a bull horse was better than a desert horse or that dense crepite was good for bows. We didnt know that humans flat out sucked at everything and that Thursar - Khurites were king of anything non-magic related. And the world was 1/4th the size it took 20 min to run from Meduli to the far east coast on foot. You could go from the Jungle to Tindrim in 10 min. Oh... and Tindrim wasnt even in game yet.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
im just gonna shut down your entire argument that mo2 is better.

mo2 is making the same shitty choices mo1 did, yet the game is worse and even less fun. the only reason mo2 gained any kind of footing was because we are in a game drought and an mmo drought. both of which mo2 cover.

online advertisement wasn't as big back then and it was more word of mouth with anything, but with how big youtube, twitch, twitter, and discord is.. advertising a game that on paper fills a lot of wants for people will draw them in.

finally... you keep comparing one game to the other by their life cycles i.e. comparing the first 6 months between both. mo1 was launched by an inexperienced team. mo2 was launched by an incompetent team. one had a decades plus worth of advantage over the other and its still failing horribly. another was new and amateur.

people always try to argue stuff like using the asset store is fine but people don't realize just how much stuff they bought for mo2 and how lazy it is to do so. it shows such an immense lack of care for their idea as well as respect for their community to do right by them from mo1.

but guess what? game flopped hard in 2 months and we are on course for another mo1 decade where the player base is at such dramatically low numbers on a map 6 times the size of the original.

if people even remotely think necromancy and tc is going to bring people back you are so sorely mistaken as it will expose the deep, deep cracks within this games foundation. all those people who think a high inflation economy ingame is no problem are going to have a ton of fun dealing with people being basically unable to be wiped out and enforcing their playstyle on others in an area.

but yeah sure hodo tell us how you were the top 1% pvp player in mo1 because you used pets and how ai was the pinnacle of guilds and that you are never wrong because you put x time into the game yet ignore basic stuff like this.

I am not sure where I said MO2 was better. Or where I said I was the top 1% of PVPers in Mo1 because I used pets, when in fact I didnt use pets. I just rode a molva as a fat mage because well I was lazy and as a NA player the ping favored EU players for melee.

Also I never said Necromancy was going to bring people back. Quite the opposite... but you dont want to hear that. And the map is 20km x 20km the old map was 8 x 8.

Just because again I dont remember MO1 with rose tinted glasses and dont believe it was a better game doesnt mean I hated it. Quite the opposite, I loved MO1, but I also was well aware of its issues.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

mo1 is a dog ass game, but better than mo2, its not just bugs that made it bad. Its the uninterrupted total retarded development, unfair scenarios and exploits that made people super bitter.

Keep sieges getting DDoS, steam launch noobs getting priest griefed over and over till uninstalled, community personal information leaks, player GMs and councelours, testing team, dupes, siege ninja nerfs before ID keep siege, you fucking name it. Anything that could go wrong MO1 had it.

It was fun when people were playing then the game turned into the ultimate griefing battle, sieging. Sieging was aids, worst bullshit ever, i know at least 100 people that got burnt out of the game after the server wide wars, entire guilds quit.

Quad quit when sarducaa came out because they were tired of SV's bullshit and they delivered a shitty empty ass buggy broken continent.
Koto quit because they couldn't handle ID wars.
Ely, evicted.
ID, evicted.
Southern coallition burnt during the cold wars.

And i could keep naming mid-big sized groups and the reasons why the quit but to summarize it all, SV managed to be constant at something during all these years, constant garbage game design.

Game was so aids at the end that people had personal keeps, go figure.

If we wanted to talk about the state of both games we wouldn't stop mentioning broken shit. If we wanted to talk about the retarded shit SV did in both games we wouldn't have enough time.

Reactions: Hodo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
MO1 had the aura of mystic going for it, most of the stuff had yet to be discovered at this point. We didnt have Mortal Data, and Mortal Maps, or even a compass. Hell people still thought the sun rose in the east in Nave. As pointed out by a youtuber "people tend to remember things that made them work or was a challenge they over came with fond memories, while often forgetting things that were handed to them or were easy to achieve." - John Strife Hayes.

This is why people remember the early days of WoW, or Ultima Online and even Everquest far more than the later games like ESO or BDO, or even EQ2. Because many of the challenges that were considered community complaints that were later fixed as quality of life fixes made the game objectively easier. Thus removing any real challenge of finding groups, doing raids, or even getting large tasks done. In MO1 we didnt have help chat, we didnt have voip at launch, we didnt have a map, in game or out, we didnt have crafting calculators, or character builders, we didnt know how to make steel, tungsteel, messing, tindrimic messing or cronite. We didnt know that a bull horse was better than a desert horse or that dense crepite was good for bows. We didnt know that humans flat out sucked at everything and that Thursar - Khurites were king of anything non-magic related. And the world was 1/4th the size it took 20 min to run from Meduli to the far east coast on foot. You could go from the Jungle to Tindrim in 10 min. Oh... and Tindrim wasnt even in game yet.
I saw that josh strife lames video and while I agree that MO 2 should not have just copy and pasted every single recipe from the first game. Its the otherside of the work-reward spectrum that is a problem in mo 2. Why would you go engineering when you can plop a house and keep and build it fast anyway. Why would you make anything but a footfighter which you can max in a couple hours anyway. Why would you farm shit with the economy the way it is. Why would you hit rocks when you can use carapace gear etc etc etc

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As pointed out by a youtuber "people tend to remember things that made them work or was a challenge they over came with fond memories, while often forgetting things that were handed to them or were easy to achieve." - John Strife Hayes.

I use all the mortal hax like MOdat, MOmap, extraction stuff... cuz I wanna be SURE. I kind of know already. It's not some complex thing that you'd need a site for. You'd need like two pieces of paper max loool. Mapping it is tough, but I remember things in fragmented paths, so I could get from place to place.

Never trust a dude whose middle name is strife.

MO was more immersive than MO2. Everyone is hard focused on making gains in MO2. They were that way in later MO1 as well, like Sarducca. But nobody really cares about much else besides making gains. Like dude said MANA been farming flux exploit for more than a month straight, gfg. Sandbox experiences. Nobody wants to actually populate the world.

There need to be more things in the world for sure. I dunno why they can't just add more stuff. More mobs, less chase you down til you ded mobs. Mobs should light aggro on you usually like defensively growl then go after you if you go in. There could be special mobs that act like the mobs do now, that chase you from town to town, nipping at your horse... but generally NO. Then add in more loot stuff, more pickables. Make it seems like being out in nature with things to experience... not just a bunch of stuff like oh look all that granum... firm wood trees... ah... wolfbrush.

Reactions: Teknique

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I saw that josh strife lames video and while I agree that MO 2 should not have just copy and pasted every single recipe from the first game. Its the otherside of the work-reward spectrum that is a problem in mo 2. Why would you go engineering when you can plop a house and keep and build it fast anyway. Why would you make anything but a footfighter which you can max in a couple hours anyway. Why would you farm shit with the economy the way it is. Why would you hit rocks when you can use carapace gear etc etc etc

These were issues in MO1. Why wear steel when again you could wear Ivory Carapace from the Retzar queen? Why run steel swords when jadeite or nyx was just as good?

The engineering thing, I have no idea... that one is just dumb to me. Why couldnt they make it have a tangible use now just confuses me.