Mortal Online 1 - Legacy

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Ehh, one thing I would say re VOIP and all that shit (cuz I hazily remember those sort of feature adds) is that that was a long ass time ago and I'm surprised how much i forgot or how I get my time lines slightly off.

I love all the supermats for cooking and such, but I don't have a lifetime, and I agree w/ Hodo in that it would be hard. Hopefully that doesn't make me a shit tier too! Ah, well, it wouldn't be the only reason. Def could get a lot done esp w/ o walls. But guess I'll fuck w/ 2 FOR NOW, who knows. I might break down :D Would def like to see vids THO.

Reactions: Hodo

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Doubt it. People would actually pay to play mo 1
Yeah. I remember saying multiple times during MO2 beta that it wouldn't be long before people are wanting to go back to classic MO. Its just how it is with all these games. Even Darkfall had the same issue.

I think nostalgia just usually gets the better of us.

Reactions: Amadman

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah. I remember saying multiple times during MO2 beta that it wouldn't be long before people are wanting to go back to classic MO. Its just how it is with all these games. Even Darkfall had the same issue.

I think nostalgia just usually gets the better of us.
I don’t think it had to be that way.

it was 50% Henrik and 50% the community. Ofc Henrik didn’t have to nerf everything in to the ground to meet community asks.

adding all these input delays and slow ass movement speeds. What are we even playing

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Couldn't find much reason to log in to MO2 currently.

But I am keeping myself pretty entertained in MO1.

I suggested early on that they should included full access to MO1 with a paid MO2 sub.

Hopefully they consider that when they finally do start the sub.

I think it would give more perceived value to the sub.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I suspect anyone who refers to themselves as 'Chads.'

I mean, why stop there? Mortal Online is built with Ultima Online in mind. Might as well play Ultima Online. Might as well play the original Ultima games, get yourself a classic 486 and rock out with your 2400 baud out.

Falcon

May 28, 2020
I suspect anyone who refers to themselves as 'Chads.'

I mean, why stop there? Mortal Online is built with Ultima Online in mind. Might as well play Ultima Online. Might as well play the original Ultima games, get yourself a classic 486 and rock out with your 2400 baud out.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play Ultima either, but it's just totally different from a gameplay perspective, not everyone likes it just because it shares mechanics.
Couldn't find much reason to log in to MO2 currently.

But I am keeping myself pretty entertained in MO1.

I suggested early on that they should included full access to MO1 with a paid MO2 sub.

Hopefully they consider that when they finally do start the sub.

I think it would give more perceived value to the sub.
I think they should just lower the sub cost, I think if it were 5 dollars plenty of people would be willing to sub, and it would help SV continue to generate revenue off of their old service. (which in turn, helps to improve mo2 in the long run, which is what we all want in the end.)

Also, just stop giving idiots like Hodo attention.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't wanna enter the cage w/ anyone in this thread, but yea I tried. I mean it makes you appreciate MO2 more, tbh. MO2 lures you into thinking it's a good game, so it's more obscene in a way, but I still think I'd rather play it. There has to be a way to make MO2 fun.

MO1 is like diablo 2, amazing game, just by logging in, it's like O SHIT... but eventually, I dunno. I love old school games, but the amount of improvements are just thru the roof, their problem w/ MO2 is just they ported about 1/3rd of the game lol.

Reactions: Amadman