Make night brighter

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Okay but my veela veela is gonna have eyes that are 90% pupil so I expect to be like catwoman to these torch peasants.
Absolutely not. It's 2020, all men and women are made equal, we can't just let certain races be born with inherent advantages alike that. That could start a protest or something

Rhias

May 28, 2020
For me the night is okay. At least as long as no sun shines on my screen. :D

But in my game it also seems to be brighter than in your video...

But I think the night is too long. Decrease the full night time, and increase the duration of dusk and dawn.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Didnt Henrik say they were gonna implement wearable lanterns or some shit, shouldnt be too bad with that. Also some races gonna have night vision

For me the night is okay. At least as long as no sun shines on my screen. :D

But in my game it also seems to be brighter than in your video...

But I think the night is too long. Decrease the full night time, and increase the duration of dusk and dawn.
Yeah Id prefer they keep the nights dark but decrease the length a bit

Darran

May 28, 2020
With the night being as dark as it is, people are going to log off at night like when MO 1 had darker nights.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I agree it should be a bit lighter from what I've seen. The mind does some crazy sht if you cant see. Also if they intend to do any VR, this should be adresses due to peoples mental states during the night times. People dont do well not being able to see anything. It would just cuase people to log off and wait for day light. Which doesnt sound like the intention for playing through the day and night cycles. I'm sure they will figure it out. Lucky we in alpha!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Okay but my veela veela is gonna have eyes that are 90% pupil so I expect to be like catwoman to these torch peasants.
Night vision is OP unless torchlight decreases it?
Absolutely not. It's 2020, all men and women are made equal, we can't just let certain races be born with inherent advantages alike that. That could start a protest or something
You're conflating equality with sameness, as folks too often do.
Veela gang rise up.
I was once informed that it was not a 'gang', but a 'club'. Has this changed for MO2?
With the night being as dark as it is, people are going to log off at night like when MO 1 had darker nights.
I agree it should be a bit lighter from what I've seen. The mind does some crazy sht if you cant see. Also if they intend to do any VR, this should be adresses due to peoples mental states during the night times. People dont do well not being able to see anything. It would just cuase people to log off and wait for day light. Which doesnt sound like the intention for playing through the day and night cycles. I'm sure they will figure it out. Lucky we in alpha!
Perhaps nights are when Henrik expects you all to pursue your crafting experiences in towns. It's not as if anyone will be unable to do that.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Perhaps nights are when Henrik expects you all to pursue your crafting experiences in towns. It's not as if anyone will be unable to do that.

I wanna raid the nights and craft through days. Not having lighting at night will deter people from playing during that time of the game. Which isnt the goal, I believe we want players to be on as much as possible. Doing their trade regardless of day or night. If a player wants to put in hard work and push 2 full day night cycles, it should be at least possible without feeling completely blind.

Then again, if that's just how humans see in the dark, well then... it's fairly close to real life. Depending on torches and how other lighting can be used could be really nice with the other Clides not needing them, I would then assume some of those cave dwellers dont see well in the day time like how humans see at night.

Does anyone know the day / night cycle times?

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Then again, if that's just how humans see in the dark, well then... it's fairly close to real life. Depending on torches and how other lighting can be used could be really nice with the other Clides not needing them, I would then assume some of those cave dwellers dont see well in the day time like how humans see at night.

Two core issues with this- one thematic, the other practical:
1.) Plenty of predators see fine at night and during the day.
2.) You can lighten up the dark with a torch. You can't darken the day with a torch. That's not equivalent.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Not having lighting at night will deter people from playing during that time of the game.
It's very likely that there will be lighting at night that not everyone will like-- either torches or (maybe) wearable lanterns-- the kind of thing that used to make easily-spotted targets out of those who used them.

We know how this worked out the first time (in MO1): a lot of back and forth adjusting by SV and all possible efforts put in by anyone willing to do so to alter gamma for night-time. It's interesting to speculate how Star Vault might not budge on dark nights, this time around.

Reactions: Amadman

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Two core issues with this- one thematic, the other practical:
1.) Plenty of predators see fine at night and during the day.
2.) You can lighten up the dark with a torch. You can't darken the day with a torch. That's not equivalent.

You.... When adjusting to light if you live in dark caves, it should be like adjusting to darkness when you live in the sunlight. They have 2 races that live underground, if their vision is opposed vision of those who roam in the day. Then everyone could see in day / night. Just the distance in which they see is what would change, because of their racial attributes.

A player who uses a touch/lantern at night time to see. Daylight being.
A player who uses a hood/umbrella at day time to see.
Cave/Night dwellers.

They would be sensitive to light but not impaired by it. That all I was trying to say. The distance in which someone could see would be based off both the lighting in the game and the races ability. A soft in between just so all players feel like they could do something day and night. While if they have lore knowledge, they know that night dwellers are better suited for roaming during such hours. (Hopefully) Would then give everyone different reasons to be out at different times. Keeping the world busy day and night.