Make night brighter

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
It's very likely that there will be lighting at night that not everyone will like-- either torches or (maybe) wearable lanterns-- the kind of thing that used to make easily-spotted targets out of those who used them.

We know how this worked out the first time (in MO1): a lot of back and forth adjusting by SV and all possible efforts put in by anyone willing to do so to alter gamma for night-time. It's interesting to speculate how Star Vault might not budge on dark nights, this time around.
henrik said you wont be able to gamma-hack nights in mo2

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
A player who uses a hood/umbrella at day time to see.
Cave/Night dwellers.
So hoods are the night vision goggles of the subterranean exile?
And Mary Poppins is bout to sink her fangs into the necks of some day walkers.

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
It's very likely that there will be lighting at night that not everyone will like-- either torches or (maybe) wearable lanterns-- the kind of thing that used to make easily-spotted targets out of those who used them.

We know how this worked out the first time (in MO1): a lot of back and forth adjusting by SV and all possible efforts put in by anyone willing to do so to alter gamma for night-time. It's interesting to speculate how Star Vault might not budge on dark nights, this time around.

I think everyone will like it.

Those who pick night dwellers will know to stay away from fires or bright things. Cuase it's like a glare to your vision. While others know night time is dangerous without a light source. Cuase their vision could be dulled by night while the night dwellers could see similar to day. With a little hue to their vision that shows when its truely night time. Kinda like animal instincts when the seasons change. They(you) just know because it's obvious.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
So hoods are the night vision goggles of the subterranean exile?
And Mary Poppins is bout to sink her fangs into the necks of some day walkers.

Nope didnt expect that! Lol

Yeah why not? If they get touches I want a hood or umbrella. I feel it's just levels the playing ground that way.

Honestly, let them see decently at night with torches. If they only see little ( cuase both cave races are small....) silhouettes running around, that would be perfect. Could play lots of hide and seek :D

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
snow goggles are there to prevent snow blindness, i imagine for light sensitive types, something similar could be possible. maybe it would narrow their field of vision during the day but things would remain visible

-barcode

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
snow goggles are there to prevent snow blindness, i imagine for light sensitive types, something similar could be possible. maybe it would narrow their field of vision during the day but things would remain visible

-barcode
Yeah something of the sort makes sense. We do have a full range of seasons. I think this could be an awesome improvement.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA

-barcode
*slaps on the tall hat*

And ya'll said this hat would never be worth anything.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

It may not be the most popular oppion but If this is truly gamma proof then I hope they do not budge on it this time.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I don't know what SV was thinking with making the nights even darker than it already is.

Imagine a new player logging in for the first time and it's middle of the night, and they can't even see the trees or bushes until it's right in their face.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I don't know what SV was thinking with making the nights even darker than it already is.

Imagine a new player logging in for the first time and it's middle of the night, and they can't even see the trees or bushes until it's right in their face.

They can address this by having haven and other cities being well lit. New players will not experience true darkness until they actually venture out away from civilization. Then they will also have those lit up places to return to when it does get dark as well. Possibly even making such places more active at times of darkness.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
They can address this by having haven and other cities being well lit. New players will not experience true darkness until they actually venture out away from civilization. Then they will also have those lit up places to return to when it does get dark as well. Possibly even making such places more active at times of darkness.
I can see the good in having very dark nights as you pointed out. At the same time, I think it can be problematic in situations where let's say a vet died and resurrected in the wilderness somewhere at night. They have no torch and would have to simply take an educated guess, run in one direction and hope for the best.

I'm open to SV trialling the new darker nights, if it doesn't work out then I suppose they can always revert it.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I can see the good in having very dark nights as you pointed out. At the same time, I think it can be problematic in situations where let's say a vet died and resurrected in the wilderness somewhere at night. They have no torch and would have to simply take an educated guess, run in one direction and hope for the best.

I'm open to SV trialling the new darker nights, if it doesn't work out then I suppose they can always revert it.

Yeah, there would definitely be times where someone could find themselves caught in the darkness. But I for one do not really see that as a bad thing unless it happens too often.

I think they said the time cycle was sped up currently. So that means we cycle threw day and nights faster currently. But also means that nights could be longer later.

One option they could have would be to have moon cycles were it is darkest on the no moon nights. And brighter the more moon there is. So it would be the extreme dark much less times than not anyway.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Now that ive played, I can confirm, its dummy dark walk into a coffee table kinda blackness for about an hour at a time.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020

They made the game extra hardcore. If it's too hardcore for the nubbies then they should go play minecraft.