Make night brighter

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
With the current time passage being sped up it seems to be dark way to often. That and the quick transitions between dark and night does make it a bit annoying to explore for any amount of time currently.

Having more time between day and night when they slow down time along with more gradual transitions should help a lot though.

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
The solution to me, like ive seen in other games, is to have the darkest part of nights continue to exist but to not last very long. Bright enough to continue playing for 25 minutes before the darkest time and bright enough to continue playing after the darkest part until daylight again. That would leave 10-15 minutes of pitch darkness where people would be motivated to find shelter, build campfires, or use torches. It would also give those cat eyed veela and sheevra thieves an opportunity to enjoy their racial benefit.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The solution to me, like ive seen in other games, is to have the darkest part of nights continue to exist but to not last very long. Bright enough to continue playing for 25 minutes before the darkest time and bright enough to continue playing after the darkest part until daylight again. That would leave 10-15 minutes of pitch darkness where people would be motivated to find shelter, build campfires, or use torches. It would also give those cat eyed veela and sheevra thieves an opportunity to enjoy their racial benefit.
SV could make the darkest times of the night to last between 00:00 to 06:00 in-game time, every 5 minutes of real-time equals 2 hours of in-game time during these 6 night hours.

During these hours, players could expect supernatural and paranormal events to take place with increasing intensity and regularity, peaking at around 03:00 before slowly reducing after that.

Past games like Pineview Drive and Darkwood are particular good at making the player fear the night hours:

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Madwar

Jul 5, 2020
Hello,

I feel like dark nights were/are one of the cool features of MO that made the night roaming exciting, dangerous and at time rewarding.

Often I choose to venture out of town for hunt/gathering at night, just as it was "safer" and to not be spoted by other PK's.

There could be some form of balancing introduced to torch/lanter ( or other light surce ) vs no source of light, how about a system that perhaps limits your total distance of view, so for example.

A player who uses light source gets light radious and can see objects further away while at night and I mean here hard cap on distance view, also for example there could be some sort of mental effect like extra resistance or if fear/anxiety systems would be introduced that affect players "mental" status that can affect attributes etc.