Light and Medium armor give running speed bonus

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Plate armor is meta... mages can't use plate because of mana reduction. But what sense makes, a full plate mounted archer, or an alvarian foot archer running on full speed being able to sometimes even be faster than a character with light/medium armor? if we take a look basically 90% of ppl are using a full plate, the server has no armor diversity or even reason to not use a full plate

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
plate armor on an archer should make their aim shake at least
and a person with the same dex using light vs plate the light should be faster
there is no sense wearing 100 kg of iron and run normally like wearing cotton cloth

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
plate armor on an archer should make their aim shake at least
and a person with the same dex using light vs plate the light should be faster
there is no sense wearing 100 kg of iron and run normally like wearing cotton cloth
wait , its possible to get to 100kg armor weight ?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Henrik says they looked at the "data" and saw there was a wide variety of armors being used. He doesn't realize if that data actually exists...its going to look that way because mages obviously don't use full plate.

If you aren't using the heaviest you can wear or afford on a warrior you're just griefing yourself. The stam penalty is a joke tbh for the benefit you receive.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yea let’s make low end gear better than high end gear. Makes sense

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Personaly i would change this with archery based on armor weight so it follow the mana with mages

Armor weight < 10 No wobble on archery shots (Foot andhorse)
Armor Weight > 10 Wobble on archery on mount+foot more wobble with higher weight
Controlled aiming = Every 10 points will increase armor weight you can carry before wobble by0.5 so 15 at 100 skill

Piet

May 28, 2020
If there was literally any speed buff to lighter armor that's all people would use or even could use because speed is king.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
If there was literally any speed buff to lighter armor that's all people would use or even could use because speed is king.
2 hit kill them, light and medium armor makes ppl easy to kill even with speed boost ppl would have to choose die fast run fast or die slow run slow

Reactions: fuatX

CountingWizard

Jan 21, 2022
no but lets make them have any use what so ever
They do have a use. You don't have to invest points in armor training or heavy armor training. You can put those points somewhere else. The question isn't "How do I make lighter armors better or heavy armors worse?", the question should be "what skills (probably nested specializations) can they add to the game that are worth trading away armor skills?"

Last edited:
Reactions: fuatX

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
They do have a use. You don't have to invest points in armor training or heavy armor training. You can put those points somewhere else. The question isn't "How do I make lighter armors better or heavy armors worse?", the question should be "what skills (probably nested specializations) can they add to the game that are worth trading away armor skills?"
Yeah the trade as is now is invest nothing and gain nothing cause light armors are completely worthless. its either plate or naked as I see it, with 95% of pop using plate the rest are mages that cant.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yea let’s make low end gear better than high end gear. Makes sense
Its much more interesting when there are options. Having the outright "best" for every build that doesn't use magic in an rpg mmo is bad game design.

Lighter armors aren't even an option right now. The literal only reason is mana regen.

99% of other games either have variety with things like light armor having better magic defense or classes that wear light armor have active defense abilities etc. Obviously that isn't very MO-like....but the point is...you have one option as a warrior right now. I mean shit even New World had a better grasp of this...and that's saying something.

Its boring.

I used to be on this boat too, but after being in a ton of fights recently, I'd disagree. Speed is king in very small scale. The bigger the fight gets the less value the veela speed has.

I think you'd be surprised how many people would still opt for having much higher defense. Having said that, I think there could be a more interesting way to do it than giving lighter armor speed.

There is a reason Oghmir is meta. And they are the slowest.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Its much more interesting when there are options. Having the outright "best" for every build that doesn't use magic in an rpg mmo is bad game design.

Lighter armors aren't even an option right now. The literal only reason is mana regen.

99% of other games either have variety with things like light armor having better magic defense or classes that wear light armor have active defense abilities etc. Obviously that isn't very MO-like....but the point is...you have one option as a warrior right now. I mean shit even New World had a better grasp of this...and that's saying something.

Its boring.

I used to be on this boat too, but after being in a ton of fights recently, I'd disagree. Speed is king in very small scale. The bigger the fight gets the less value the veela speed has.

I think you'd be surprised how many people would still opt for having much higher defense. Having said that, I think there could be a more interesting way to do it than giving lighter armor speed.

Didn’t we try this already making steel and tungsteel useless

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Didn’t we try this already making steel and tungsteel useless
I dont remember tbh. Last I knew tungsteel direptor was the norm. Are you telling me you don't think we could come up with a way to make different weights more useful?

I do wanna say if they made light armors worth using, I'd like a tung/cronite equivalent as far as difficulty to obtain.

But yeh anyway, I've been asking for this for so long I doubt shit is gonna change. Especially with Henrik thinking things are fine. So I guess we just wait and hope for a new direptor and stock up on metals.

Piet

May 28, 2020

Its boring.

I very much agree with your point however I think it's too a point like if you stacked armor with the alverin speed it could push it over that limit.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Tzone

May 16, 2021
they gave people a reason with the stamina nerf... then everyone cried about the nerf and we're back here :)
We still have the stamina nerf. The armor stamina nerf and they snuck back in the pre beta stamina nerf that the community complained about till they removed it before launch.

Its really just bad players getting caught because they let a player run up on them while they had a bow out or were casting.

So many times mages just let you run up to them and smack them followed by a sticky instead of running before hand.

Or Archers standing there getting greedy with the bow then crying about how they got stickied by someone in full plate.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
We still have the stamina nerf. The armor stamina nerf and they snuck back in the pre beta stamina nerf that the community complained about till they removed it before launch.

Its really just bad players getting caught because they let a player run up on them while they had a bow out or were casting.

So many times mages just let you run up to them and smack them followed by a sticky instead of running before hand.

Or Archers standing there getting greedy with the bow then crying about how they got stickied by someone in full plate.
No lol I play full plate with melee + bow because there are no downsides almost. wearing leather is like going naked.