Light and Medium armor give running speed bonus

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
yes I have seen this before but if everything is based on realism why not 1 shot people with longbows? I seem to remember you just started a thread complaining about long bow damage.

• Love
Reactions: Piet

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Irrelevant, since heavier the armor, the more strain in puts on your cardiovascular + respiratory system and overload on joints. Lighter armor provides lesser protection, but you would tire much less and be more agile than someone in plate and chain mail. It's why varying troop types have existed within armies for 1000s of years, to make use of their advantages and have other roles fill in other roles heavier units can't fill.

It's why in this day and age, ceramics is used instead of steel plates for modern infantry, to reduce weight load - and why units like mine(Recon) only utilize front and back plates, not side plates - To reduce weight load, since we have to be more nimble and maneuverable while carrying our combat or patrol loads.

Reactions: Dramonis and CrgHck

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Maybe make it so that your character has to be fit to not have any movement-related penalties?

It would make the weight class stat a bit more meaningful beyond merely adding attribute buffs and debuffs.

It would discourage fat mages and skinny thieves from going full plate armour and expecting to perform just as well as the regular professional soldiers.

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
When you fight someone in heavy armour, you're only seeing the benefit of that suit of armour in the moment, you aren't seeing all the drawbacks that come with it.

The skill it takes to wear, the cost it takes to create. All the trouble that someone had to go through to mine, refine and craft that suit of armour manifests itself in its presence on the battlefield. There is a lot of work that goes into very high-end heavy armour, and to devalue it would not just devalue the people who wear it, but also the people who craft, refine and gather in order to create it.

Heavy armour is better than medium armour which is better than light armour. I don't see this as something that needs to be balanced. In fact, I think it would fuck a lot of things up if it were.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
When you fight someone in heavy armour, you're only seeing the benefit of that suit of armour in the moment, you aren't seeing all the drawbacks that come with it.

The skill it takes to wear, the cost it takes to create. All the trouble that someone had to go through to mine, refine and craft that suit of armour manifests itself in its presence on the battlefield. There is a lot of work that goes into very high-end heavy armour, and to devalue it would not just devalue the people who wear it, but also the people who craft, refine and gather in order to create it.

Heavy armour is better than medium armour which is better than light armour. I don't see this as something that needs to be balanced. In fact, I think it would fuck a lot of things up if it were.
It's a really nice point but at the same time the metagame changes , you add more variety to builds and the gather and armour crafter can even sell different types of armour, right now we are playing Mounted Archer Online is cool to fight and stuff but basically, we see more of the same in every city is kind of boring

Just do what the cool people do instead, just get a really good gaming chair.
Bro I have 2 accounts one MA and A Pure Mage, RPK is fun with a longbow but is META.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It's a really nice point but at the same time the metagame changes , you add more variety to builds and the gather and armour crafter can even sell different types of armour, right now we are playing Mounted Archer Online is cool to fight and stuff but basically, we see more of the same in every city is kind of boring

Bro I have 2 accounts one MA and A Pure Mage, RPK is fun with a longbow but is META.
But you can't beat the competition without a real good headset and a fast gaming chair.

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
But you can't beat the competition without a real good headset and a fast gaming chair.
Oh fucking yeah! with RGB keyboard, RGB water cooler fan, RGB smart lamp with RGB headset, and Rainbow-dyed hair. There is no way to be beaten