It's the end of October! (Subscription Thread)

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Well, I almost think Henrik doesn't even care too much about the success. He is a very wealthy man and has a small team so there isn't a huge financial risk. He is also a smart man. I find it hard to believe he is blind to all the issues over the past decade. He has tons of feedback from MO1 and now MO2. Yet, he hasn't done anything to resolve the major issues with the game with the clean slate he was given with MO2...he basically is just copy pasting what we had in MO1 (with minor tweaks ofc).

I dont think he is purposely creating a bad game, because for the record there are a few things that are improvements over MO1 such as the obvious graphics and optimization. I just think he only cares to create a very specific game that HE wants...even if that means selling tens of thousands of copies (MO1 and 2 combined) but only having less than a thousand players to show for it. I suppose its his company and his vision so he has every right to do it...but its weird because the data shows the decisions they are making aren't good for bringing new players.

He is basically a guy with a lot of money who knows a few coders and tells them his random ideas of what he wants to be put into the game. It feels as if there is zero structure or planning. Random shit just gets changed or added whenever it pops into his head. I could list examples but you already know them. I mean for fucks sake we got Territory Control, a vital gameplay mechanic, two years after the game launched. And its such basic shit and nobody even wants to fuck with it. If only SV had a decade of feedback on how to properly implement siege mechanics...oh wait.

Also, he KNEW the server wouldn't be able to hold everyone who bought the game. There is zero chance he thought it would work. So what does he do? Adds TEMPORARY servers into the game so that people can quit and "solve" the problem. Then once thousands of people quit they say "Oh look guys we got the server capacity increased and stable its great". Then 1800 people log onto the server and it crashes and you're back into a 20 hour queue. People felt scammed because they literally couldn't play the game days after they bought it...but you sit in queue well over two hours so Steam wouldn't refund. So SV gets to pocket the cash.

Henrik is a snake oil salesman. He is selling people flashy new things like pet armors, magic, TC, and now UE5 just to keep people around. He is very good at telling people what they want to hear during his livestreams too. He just excels at it. The only reason this game even has 700 players or whatever is because there is literally nobody else with a game like this. And the reality is because it's not profitable. Henrik paid out of pocket for years to keep MO servers up, and he will soon do the same for MO2.

Damn, now I'm typing short stories like Emdash.
He is a salesman. Good at hyping up people into buying what he sells then never bring what he promised or sold.

Thing is its good enough built that we cant rage too hard but way off the mark of what he sold.

Happened the exact same way twice now and probably sadly will happen a third time unless his new sci fi project takes off.

Glad I learn from 1 mistake and now live MO free. Cept far back in the memories.

Reactions: Amadman

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I might still be here talking, but maybe not. I enjoy typing. heh. I doubt SV is worried tho, you're right. Why would they be? They think their plan is gonna work.

As for sub, it sounds like the recurring statement but I think they blew it. Pushing UE5 back is a sign they have messed something up haha. The fact they think people are going to sub per acct through their site is nuts. It's not rocket science to fix such an issue. They could even increase the sub cost, or have a second option like... one sub is 14.25 or whatever it is and one sub is 20 and you get a code that subs another steam account. If you only have one acct, you can give it to a friend or whatever to get them into the game. WIN WIN.

But they aren't gonna be able to pull the numbers they want thru their site, pay pal or not. This is their biggest lie, acting (altho not explicitly saying) that it will be through steam. "For Security" I remember!

Plus the game is meh. I want it to be good. I don't think that's happening, either, but I was waiting for the end of Oct to see this UE5 in action, to get arrow tip back, and then it's like eeee. Again, no communication. Bad signs.

SV knows what to do. People want two chars per acct. They want to be able to sub two chars they already made (so an idea like the code makes sense,) and very few people are going to sub through their site. Only the hardest of try hards and Eli if you weren't here for MO1, I suggest you think hard before you sub thru SV as well.

I played MO2 for longer, sustained, than I did 1. I played 1 for months at a time, then I'd be like ehh. Then I'd come back and play a couple more months, etc. We kept waiting, it kept getting worse.

Now that I know, in no uncertain terms, they won't do the thing with sub stuff, it just makes me realize they are in another world.

I was unhappy with the game and wasn't sure if I would sub or not, but to know, absolutely, there is no way I would sub, is just like why even play now? Esp when they took the one part of the game I enjoy and fcked it up and screwed up their last content patch and now have had to push this one back. haha. I'd even support "being in this together" with SV as they make mistakes and try to make their game better, but they don't listen. They want that little bit of money per instead of giving it to steam. It makes sense, but once they see how few people are gonna do it... they will either have to shift to highly f2p or just tap out.

IT'S CRAZY MAN.

Nov 1, 2023, the end day. - Crystalis music -

Again, we were here for ya SV. We wanted to help ya. We were more on your side than doods like Eli and Melly who just troll and eat your game because we wanted the game to actually succeed in some way. More on your side than the people like fartbox who didn't see what MO was and what it wanted to be... but... in the end, ya severed the tie. You severed it long ago, but now THEM CHICKENS is coming home.
You did it… Didn’t you? You wanted the cape. I certainly did. 😂😂

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You did it… Didn’t you? You wanted the cape. I certainly did. 😂😂

I didn't sub for MO after they doxed our shit. But yeah, I subbed. I also got suspicious charges lul. I can say that's the first time in my life my info has ever been put on the net, too, so it's a soft spot. They blew it. I subbed 2 accts at times and subbed for friends, too, sometimes. I'm cool with paying subs, man, but I'm not giving up my info so ppl in Europe can spend thousands of dollars on shit haha. Doesn't matter if I don't have to pay the money, that's still fucked up. That's why I'll always have the conspiracy mindset about this game... it's like why is Henrik running this game and not trying to make money? Hmm. It's hard to believe he would do it for no gain, jussayin.

I didn't get a cape. I dunno legit if I got enough sub time for a cape lol pretty sure I did tho, but chose not to get one cuz everyone had one, but it's def overestimated how much I subbed. I did a lot while I was there, but the game got boring once I did what I wanted. Subbing multi acct was a big draw back, too. The whole idea of MO is to get people feeling themselves so they sub. MO2 is the same. All the people w/ TC are gonna sub; they have to. This is gonna be bad for the game, though, because Henrik I think believes he can rebuild a core audience from nothing.

Also, yeah @Amadman is a cool guy. I always forget what his MO stuff was. @grendel is cool, too, and he's not playing much, either. Maybe those guys weren't huge fixtures of the game, but of the culture, they were IMO. I was even playing with that Midkemma dude from SHOP, that dude quit a long time ago, too, pretty sure. I SEE A PATTERN.

Why do I come here and firestart, spamming the same shit? Cuz I hope sometime a thread will, like Gnidex, enlighten a dev where they'll be like OH I see NOW. Cuz I mean, we are all saying the same stuff over and over, sure, but it's true. It's just that simple.

I shoulda listened to Naj :eek: NAJ WAS RIGHT NOOO. There's still always the chance that MO can be good, though, because of how little they'd have to change. Like I said, it's literally just numbers that they have to change and the game would be good again. It might not be perfect, but it'd get a lot better.

The one thing that depresses me, and I try not to pile on Henrik, but I was watching the stream for stuff about sub / 2 chars and someone talked about sub and they said something to the effect of all of the griefers will be gone when sub drops. And he's like yeah that's when the game really starts... it's like... oh man that hurts. That hurts to everyone who buys into that. That pricks my heart to know some people might be believing that shit. Their 600 pop w/ multibox game... but no 'griefers.' Tatsuya the only pvper left, and he's prol getting a free ride ha.

manure

May 7, 2022
It will never become the game you want it to be. There are many of us who have been around waiting years for that. Early on in MO1's life a lot of us got straight addicted to the game and just knew it was going to only get better. Even for all the bugs it had back then, the core gameplay and combat was just FUN. The map was much smaller and there were a ton of people playing. I remember hardly being able to find to time to farm Urials above Fab for my first house because there was always constant action going on. There were dozens of well-established guilds and alliances with things to actually fight over. Some days I would sit down for 8 hours straight and be fighting damn near the whole time. All the game needed back then was BUG FIXES and properly added content. Instead it went straight to the shitter when Henrik couldn't stop his obsessive habit of dumping more and more unfinished/unbalanced bullshit into the game along with another massive barren content to split the playerbase.

With MO2 he had the ability to collect all the feedback from MO1 and create the perfect version of Mortal Online. And instead, amazingly, he fucked it up even worse. The game is just boring, extremely time consuming, TC was a disaster, politics are non-existant, there is no place for fully PvE/traders besides a handful, and the combat is a meme. Take it from someone who can't just fully walk away from the game forums because I'm an idiot...its never going to get better. It only slowly goes downhill. What you experienced in beta and 2022 was peak MO2.

Have a nice day.
What makes me pissed off is that it is SO OBVIOUS that this game was excellent in the beginning... It attracted so many people because of its core idea of danger on every corner and no safe areas...

WHY IN THE SIXTEEN HELLS do they have to make the game safer ??? Why adding 647383329 guards ??? and why guards OUTSIDE towns ??
You are more protected inside Meduli´s Graveyard than on Haven cemetery for example !!! UNBELIEVABLE...
Screw it.

They didnt even need to add anything... Just copy-paste the game rules from february 2022 and BOOM...you have all those thousands of people again !

Of course it would be even better if they added contents requested by players.... But its ok if you dont add anything but JUST BRING BACK THE GOOD GAME from early 2022.

Somebody please wake these Devs up !!!
Dont they read their players feedback ever ???

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
What makes me pissed off is that it is SO OBVIOUS that this game was excellent in the beginning... It attracted so many people because of its core idea of danger on every corner and no safe areas...

WHY IN THE SIXTEEN HELLS do they have to make the game safer ??? Why adding 647383329 guards ??? and why guards OUTSIDE towns ??
You are more protected inside Meduli´s Graveyard than on Haven cemetery for example !!! UNBELIEVABLE...
Screw it.

They didnt even need to add anything... Just copy-paste the game rules from february 2022 and BOOM...you have all those thousands of people again !

Of course it would be even better if they added contents requested by players.... But its ok if you dont add anything but JUST BRING BACK THE GOOD GAME from early 2022.

everything is going according to plan, graveyards need to be protected from such as Emdash, otherwise they were seen in obscene scenes with corpses

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021

Screw it.

Manure, does every single one of you posts have to be about too many guards in the game? And always bringing up Meduli….

Get out of Medulis guard zone already, and experience the wider world. There is much beyond the terrible and unfair Meduli guard zone. Believe me. There are even entire zones WITHOUT any guards!! Crazy i know. Just venture a bit out of your comfort zone and you will be amazed. I swear to you.

Or just make more threads about the Meduli guards ruining everything for everyone until the end of time.

Reactions: Melhisedek

manure

May 7, 2022
Manure, does every single one of you posts have to be about too many guards in the game? And always bringing up Meduli….

Get out of Medulis guard zone already, and experience the wider world. There is much beyond the terrible and unfair Meduli guard zone. Believe me. There are even entire zones WITHOUT any guards!! Crazy i know. Just venture a bit out of your comfort zone and you will be amazed. I swear to you.

Or just make more threads about the Meduli guards ruining everything for everyone until the end of time.
Jack, I dont play in meduli.
I have been everywhere, from Necro dungeon to waterfall, from Gaul Kor to Jungle village.

I just gave an example of how ridiculous the protection in this game have become... You also see those pathetic guards in Toxai, Fabernum sewers, etc...

I am just poiting that the biggest problem on this game started when the Devs began their crusade against evil gamestyle.
They started protecting the players way too much, and this has killed the main core idea of the game (Danger on every corner). Therefore, people strated quitting.
Theres no more thrilling sensation, no danger.

You dont want me talk about GUARDS ?
Ok... Lets try, there are other failures !

Here are a few examples for you :

- No THIEVING
- No poisoning
- No boats
- No sea monsters
- No fancy clothing/tailoring

Tell me just ONE change you have seen in the last months that is more interesting than any of these things I listed above ?

And again, I reiterate : They promised THIEVING since day one... Now they removed thieving from the ROADMAP, and please GUESS WHAT THEY PROMISED INSTEAD ??????

GUARDS OUTSIDE TOWNS !
They removed thieving idea and promised to deliver GUARDS outside towns !!!

How cant I complain about it, my man ?
HOW ???

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
were seen in obscene scenes

did Shakespeare sing that?

Edit: wise words from Antearz on steam

"
And regarding that. I would also like to Mention that it Seems You have no Even Displayed the Proper Warnings Regarding that in the Shop.
Because normally. If a Game Requires an Third Party Account and External Subscription Payments. You get a Fat Warning about that on the Shop Page.
I would not be Surprised if You get into Trouble on that.
Because if I was a Disgruntled User who Bought the Game and then in November is Faced with the Fact that I need to Link my Steam Account to an External Website and Purchase a Subscription over an External Payment Provider. I would likely Refund the Game with the Reasoning that the Shop Page does not Clarify the Requirement for an External Account and Payment Provider. "

I talked to grendel and he was like what we're not gonna be able to sub thru steam. You guyyys don't make the big mistake!!

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Jack, I dont play in meduli.
I have been everywhere, from Necro dungeon to waterfall, from Gaul Kor to Jungle village.

I just gave an example of how ridiculous the protection in this game have become... You also see those pathetic guards in Toxai, Fabernum sewers, etc...

I am just poiting that the biggest problem on this game started when the Devs began their crusade against evil gamestyle.
They started protecting the players way too much, and this has killed the main core idea of the game (Danger on every corner). Therefore, people strated quitting.
Theres no more thrilling sensation, no danger.

You dont want me talk about GUARDS ?
Ok... Lets try, there are other failures !

Here are a few examples for you :

- No THIEVING
- No poisoning
- No boats
- No sea monsters
- No fancy clothing/tailoring

Tell me just ONE change you have seen in the last months that is more interesting than any of these things I listed above ?

And again, I reiterate : They promised THIEVING since day one... Now they removed thieving from the ROADMAP, and please GUESS WHAT THEY PROMISED INSTEAD ??????

GUARDS OUTSIDE TOWNS !
They removed thieving idea and promised to deliver GUARDS outside towns !!!

How cant I complain about it, my man ?
HOW ???
They didn't add even something as simple as more wearable banner colors or some sort of colored tabbards so watching larger fights is chaos. In a year and a half...

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
did Shakespeare sing that?

Edit: wise words from Antearz on steam

"
And regarding that. I would also like to Mention that it Seems You have no Even Displayed the Proper Warnings Regarding that in the Shop.
Because normally. If a Game Requires an Third Party Account and External Subscription Payments. You get a Fat Warning about that on the Shop Page.
I would not be Surprised if You get into Trouble on that.
Because if I was a Disgruntled User who Bought the Game and then in November is Faced with the Fact that I need to Link my Steam Account to an External Website and Purchase a Subscription over an External Payment Provider. I would likely Refund the Game with the Reasoning that the Shop Page does not Clarify the Requirement for an External Account and Payment Provider. "

I talked to grendel and he was like what we're not gonna be able to sub thru steam. You guyyys don't make the big mistake!!
Yeah, Emdash-shakespeare sang songs and copulated with the dead

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
As the games population dwindles I find more and more of the same scenario playing out day after day; Either no players or at all or a very large group of players. The quality of the game has taken a nose dive for me Post-TC and it wasn't that great Pre-TC, though noticeably better. The other solo players and duos I would normally get good fights out of have been snuffed out by mega alliances, they were unable to be competitive in the MO2 meta. So many names are gone now. Soon it will be my turn, Priced out of the game...not by subscription fee but by the ruleset.

Being chained and limited to your guild for meaningful play is a fundamentally flawed design. I hope the developers will be willing to consider some of the things I have posted here and in the discord to make the game more competitive/accessible for a larger demographic of players. I promise these changes will be more influential on player census then any content update that could possibly be released.

Watching Mortal now is very reminiscent of DFUW. I guess thats why they say "history repeats itself".

Reactions: Daikos

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
As the games population dwindles I find more and more of the same scenario playing out day after day; Either no players or at all or a very large group of players. The quality of the game has taken a nose dive for me Post-TC and it wasn't that great Pre-TC, though noticeably better. The other solo players and duos I would normally get good fights out of have been snuffed out by mega alliances, they were unable to be competitive in the MO2 meta. So many names are gone now. Soon it will be my turn, Priced out of the game...not by subscription fee but by the ruleset.

Being chained and limited to your guild for meaningful play is a fundamentally flawed design. I hope the developers will be willing to consider some of the things I have posted here and in the discord to make the game more competitive/accessible for a larger demographic of players. I promise these changes will be more influential on player census then any content update that could possibly be released.

Watching Mortal now is very reminiscent of DFUW. I guess thats why they say "history repeats itself".
that's how it should be. those who whine that they have no one to fight with and security is everywhere, please join a large guild or alliance, there is always someone fighting with someone, in any guarded city, security will not help (but these schmucks want to beat single players) everything is fair now, you want pvp, here you are...solo players will remain only the most frostbitten and stubborn, it will cause respect perhaps. well, high-level materials and dungeons should actually be inaccessible to singles, the whole meaning of humanity's existence is built on this

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I feel your solutions are misguided. Always have. I saw you in Bakti hehh. You are a dwarf on foot so it's tough v zergs. I know it's memes but you need to get on a mount. Roll w/ me I'll drop dudes off their mount and you can killem :D

People will always zerg, though. The fight is suuper large scale. Engaging / not engaging, that's the scope of the game and pvp. People who zerg are actually small minded. They are vulnerable elsewhere. If siege was working, this would be a lot different.

That's what I tried to tell people when I felt they ruined combat by making parry window so large because 'good players' didn't like to get zerged. You can't balance the game like that. Just because you're good, you gotta take a zerg just like everyone else. You still gotta learn how to avoid zergs just like everyone else.

And yeah, when they add mega lucrative content that zerg alliances can camp, that IS bad. But in some ways it's working as intended. I just wish they made the things you acquire there able to be picked up other places.

I would never sacrifice my solo-ness for wins. I know what is what and what I can do. I know when people put me in a no win situation, so they can tea bag me if they want. If anything, tho, the game is def lacking in pop.

There's not really lucrative solo foot content in the game. If there was, you might get good fights. It can't be lucrative content that requires good gear, either, or people will just zerg in and take your good gear. Like dude said about adding more sewers, except make it lucrative. Sure, people zerg those, too, but adding in a greater 'maze' and more ways to get around people / use terrain would work.

MO1 was kinda like that, too, but the difference is you could go do the spider queen solo (til they changed, then duo.)

I understand just wanting to fight, but it's more complex than that. It's just something you have to accept. It's a 'hard game' even if you are good at it mechanically. So I mean the whole fucking up the combat really didn't change anything. Bigger zergs lol more magic, more cheese.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
that's how it should be. those who whine that they have no one to fight with and security is everywhere, please join a large guild or alliance, there is always someone fighting with someone, in any guarded city, security will not help (but these schmucks want to beat single players) everything is fair now, you want pvp, here you are...solo players will remain only the most frostbitten and stubborn, it will cause respect perhaps. well, high-level materials and dungeons should actually be inaccessible to singles, the whole meaning of humanity's existence is built on this

zzz. Playing MO solo is a different game, and there should be a place for those types because there are more than you think. PvP and PvE (crafter.) They fucked that up. That's why WALLS ruined MO1. Making you have to zerg bosses to get books is like a metaphorical wall.

All I want is the ability to go anywhere, so I'm pretty happy with that part, but there's no denying that the game became more 'traditional MMO' with MO2, to its detriment. Still doesn't mean they need to make it less hardcore or that PKing is bad or w/e. They need to make more things for people to do, and more lucrative content. They need content that is most efficient to farm solo for a good player, then good players will get to fight each other OR get lucrative gains. Something that requires high level foot skill not slow faking NPCs.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
zzz. Playing MO solo is a different game, and there should be a place for those types because there are more than you think. PvP and PvE (crafter.) They fucked that up. That's why WALLS ruined MO1. Making you have to zerg bosses to get books is like a metaphorical wall.

All I want is the ability to go anywhere, so I'm pretty happy with that part, but there's no denying that the game became more 'traditional MMO' with MO2, to its detriment. Still doesn't mean they need to make it less hardcore or that PKing is bad or w/e. They need to make more things for people to do, and more lucrative content. They need content that is most efficient to farm solo for a good player, then good players will get to fight each other OR get lucrative gains. Something that requires high level foot skill not slow faking NPCs.
"most efficient to farm solo for a good player" - sounds like an oxymoron
make sugar more salty or salt more sweet

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"most efficient to farm solo for a good player" - sounds like an oxymoron
make sugar more salty or salt more sweet

solo foot*** plenty of things are more efficient to farm MA solo. Prol most things tbh haha, unless you want someone there to pick up more loot. You're only talking about very high tier stuff or stuff that people might jump on you. I can do like 20 sators at once, many ants at once. It's GG. EZEZ. Talking about foot tho.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
solo foot*** plenty of things are more efficient to farm MA solo. Prol most things tbh haha, unless you want someone there to pick up more loot. You're only talking about very high tier stuff or stuff that people might jump on you. I can do like 20 sators at once, many ants at once. It's GG. EZEZ. Talking about foot tho.
TC will deprive you of these opportunities and you, o, the great killer of Sators, will collect herbariums