How to solve problem with 2+ character slots on one account?

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
i like the current system exactly how it is. much pain for alts, i wouldn't like the taste of the air if people could easily switch between characters and it became more available.

Reactions: Tloluvin
D

Dracu

i like the current system exactly how it is. much pain for alts, i wouldn't like the taste of the air if people could easily switch between characters and it became more available.
Having a second character slot opens up options that just getting a second account wouldnt. For example: shared reputation and murdercounts. Thats not possible with 2 accounts.

Edit:
Shared bankspace/house/guild everything besides build/inventory/position beeing the only things not shared. How the average gameplay session can profit from a second character slot shouldnt be much of a secret. If one doesnt want fast switching, then make it a 5-10 minute cooldown when logging out to log into the other character. No fast switching in fight. There are enough options available to make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Having a second character slot opens up options that just getting a second account wouldnt. For example: shared reputation and murdercounts. Thats not possible with 2 accounts.

Edit:
Shared bankspace/house/guild everything besides build/inventory/position beeing the only things not shared. How the average gameplay session can profit from a second character slot shouldnt be much of a secret. If one doesnt want fast switching, then make it a 5-10 minute cooldown when logging out to log into the other character. No fast switching in fight. There are enough options available to make it work.

im okay if the new system is as painful as the current system. so change or don't in that case i won't care. but if we are doing it to make it easier and more accessible then i don't like it.

D

Dracu

im okay if the new system is as painful as the current system. so change or don't in that case i won't care. but if we are doing it to make it easier and more accessible then i don't like it.
Yeah changing a running system is always a bit meh. But i welcome every change that allows me to do more and get more out of my money. I dont like having to pay double for a problem SV created... Willingly and in full knowledge of it beeing a problem that money solves... The only reason to not add multiple slots is pure money. Because there is no other explanation since multi accounts are allowed.

If it would be because of restrictions, there is nothing stopping them from adding them with multiple slots.

Kraive

Sep 5, 2022
This topic will continue to come up. One character slot is simply not enough.

It will push more people away from the title than any benefit of a single character.
If that benefit is to charge people for the slots later, you alienate more.
If your target audience is only the die hard few hundred that will buy multiple accounts then sure, fine, tell new players their interest is not wanted.
Adding a second slot tied to the first has more benefits all around and is highly appealing.
Multiple accounts is much easier to exploit and cause issues.
I'm even against shared bank or sending items to your alt but being able to test builds without completely wrecking your main is necessary.
Considering currently trying to do so can bug lock a skill at 0...

For the players that like only one character they never have to use the second slot...

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Yeah changing a running system is always a bit meh. But i welcome every change that allows me to do more and get more out of my money. I dont like having to pay double for a problem SV created... Willingly and in full knowledge of it beeing a problem that money solves... The only reason to not add multiple slots is pure money. Because there is no other explanation since multi accounts are allowed.

If it would be because of restrictions, there is nothing stopping them from adding them with multiple slots.

personally I dislike games where alting is normal or even necessary. I hate it so much I quit Lost Ark because of alts. I quit playing runescape because over time the need for alts grew and grew...i like mortal onlines stance that you are limited to 1 character, its the part of the game i like the most. so the only reason it exists has nothing to do with money for me but how the game is perceived and played. if they added a second character slot i would be really disappointed.

D

Dracu

personally I dislike games where alting is normal or even necessary. I hate it so much I quit Lost Ark because of alts. I quit playing runescape because over time the need for alts grew and grew...i like mortal onlines stance that you are limited to 1 character, its the part of the game i like the most. so the only reason it exists has nothing to do with money for me but how the game is perceived and played. if they added a second character slot i would be really disappointed.
Yeah i can understand that, having to rely on alts is absolute cancer. I recall the alt grind i had to do in archeage unchained every single day to stay competitive... It can be absolutely horrendous. Alts were tied to progression so.... necessary, god bless they arent in mo2... Well... They kinda are... Because of the convinience... They are insanely convinient and give alot of pros... For money.

If the game is made for one character only, they have to enforce it. But they said they dont, so they know its an advantage you can pay for... Amazing. Why dont they give that advantage to everyone then? Why only to those that pay for it more then others who also paid for the game?

manure

May 7, 2022

Agreed.
I would be disappointed too.
You have one way to play the game... If you are not enjoying the template, change it... Ive changed some times, its indeed a pain, but also fun to retrain stuff and learn new stuff.
Plus, it continues being YOU...your identity. People know what you did in the past ! You cant escape your sins by simply switching to an ALT nobody knows about...

Of course you can buy another account, but thats your own lame way to bypass your actions. Seems to me like a coward way to do things... But if you wanna be a coward, then at least pay the price, wasting your real money !

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Alting is always necessary. It just depends on how serious you are. In BDO people had their alt chars stashed at world boss spots so they could log in and farm lol. It's always going to be necessary because it's always going to give an advantage, or a diff build, that's why most games don't have just 1 slot.

It's not 'necessary' in MO fr fr, but you gotta be patient. None of us are. Most of us would rather just be able to do what needs to be done. It's like tryin' to score somethin' at 2am callin people's straight to voice mail celphones.

I heavily resist the suggestion of reducing prof points, the problem is that certain builds require a certain amount of primary points. Even as far as to be 'human.' They did all this weird shit like reducing 70 crafts, etc etc, they took away most of the benefit for 100 when 98 in MO1 was some "I'm not buying that shit." MO was alt heavy but at least you could trade between accts and you had multi chars. Don't you guys like to be different people, diff builds?

It is true however that their sell acct model probably saved their project from immediately going under cuz of lack of sub, so... haha. Mysterious ways.

Edit: I know you Mo1 kids know, but people actually had free to play mining alts, some set up on bots. Ask stril about how to work that shit out haha. It can become nonsense p quick. That's one cool thing about a sub. That's the idea. So I mean FIX THE PROBLEMS (tbh I'd like to be able to respec my char into archetypes or at least quickread up some stuff. Like save your build into something and read that build book for 24h and you are that. :p

Kraive

Sep 5, 2022
personally I dislike games where alting is normal or even necessary. I hate it so much I quit Lost Ark because of alts. I quit playing runescape because over time the need for alts grew and grew..

Allowing an alt and Requiring multiple alts are completely different things.
Imho an additional character slot is an easy solution.

However, as an alternative the ability to save and load certain builds would be suitable as well.
This option I dislike because it promotes doing everything on one character and mixing skills around once you've learned them all.
I dislike any game where one character can master everything.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Allowing an alt and Requiring multiple alts are completely different things.
Imho an additional character slot is an easy solution.

However, as an alternative the ability to save and load certain builds would be suitable as well.
This option I dislike because it promotes doing everything on one character and mixing skills around once you've learned them all.
I dislike any game where one character can master everything.

good thing im on the side of the people who could do, but don't do this.

also, whats a game that requires alts?

Last edited: