How to solve problem with 2+ character slots on one account?

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
I know this topic has already been discussed on the forum, but I want to offer a specific solution.

Why players want 2+ character slots:

-to play in different styles (melee, pet master, mage etc.);

- expand the opportunity of crafts;

- to choose your own core build (new players);

Why developers don't want to make 2+ char slots:

- strengthening the value of reputation of any singe character;

- to create more social interactions (as can’t craft and harvest everything by yourself);

- exclude characters for bad goals (char for PK, in guild spies etc.);

How to make 2+ char slots taking into account the arguments of the developers:

- make surname of a characters unique for any single account (all characters have the same surname - it is easy to identify a certain player);

- all chars on account have shared in game reputation and faction standings (if any character PK players, all of his other chars on the same account will lose reputation);

- all chars on the same account have shared in game banks (this will leave the logistics actual);

- lower the maximum profession skill points to 1100 (many points will overlap on all characters, like all chars may have Mammalia, Animal Materials, Butchery Appliances, etc., so it won’t be “1100*char slots points”, it will be much less;

What do you think about it?

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm gonna give my tinfoil POV:

I don't think there is any reason for 1 char per acct at this point except that it was one of the CORE FEATURES of MO2, and y'know vision. I don't think there is a legit reason for it. Family name IS A THING.

2 chars isn't enough, but it's better. It would def help people have more fun who only had 1 acct. IMAGINE haha.

Also, @Bladeer01 , my guildie, was suggesting they make the 2nd char combat only if they are so mad at economy, but that was before, yknow... scandals.

I want to try:

Pure Sheev, Different Human (but could reroll,) possibly Thursar. I am very dwarf prejudiced. I can't explain why. The only one I ever made was when you needed one to MA. I never wanted to be fat, over +10 att imo is not really a big deal, so having super high int other than fatmage is zz.

I mean, if you don't spec hard into something, instead speccing 70, you can get more stuff. I think that is kinda p2w-ish. Even tho it's just DURA. I wish they'd change that. 70 weps... or like 60 weps if they do the same f2p ( like in MO1...) I always thought stuff should be playable and decent. But we're not giving people 1 dmg to what can amount to over 100 points invested if you are deep in the tree? That's weird.

NOTE TO SV: WE DON'T WANT ANY WATERED DOWN SHIT. NOBODY IN MO WANTS WATERED DOWN SHIT. @ me if you like watered down shit. lol.

Also bonus obscene things: MILLING and HERBO should be the same skill. ORE X and BOTANY APPL should be under the same skill. Should be 100 less points in alchemy, too, imo. 100 spec, reg, adv, fabri?? And that's just the beginning.

Scales as a primary under animats is also HATE.

Reactions: Bladeer01

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sharing standing and crafting between 2 characters Is idiotic. If they really wanted to make the game better for 1 account would have done way better and rewarding crafting specs and better ghost mode travelling, at least.

I don't like the suggestion, it does not fix the problematics with the game, just adds a very conditioned 2nd character on the same account. Sharing banks and shit like that defeats the concept of character, as individual, which should remain.

I think the actual solution Is to make single account more viable, to remake crafting, pve, better ghost travelling and the skill pools-specs for single character easier for doing a diversity of things.

Being stuck with 1 build or one crafting class, having to lower certain expensive skills sucks balls when you wanna try different builds.

The whole skill system Is garbo and it does not help player interaction concept, most crafting classes are absolute poop.

Reactions: Rahz

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
What do you think about it?
RIFT
(second-most fun gaming vacation from Mortal Online),
even with its many flaws, had
(within its "classes", which don't apply here)
skill sub-sets that a single character could choose from on log-in. One had to log-out to change from one to another, so it couldn't be done on the fly. It allowed for some variety in play-style without compromising the single identity of the avatar.

It's very likely too late for SV to give MO2 something like that, but too bad they didn't.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's very likely too late for SV to give MO2 something like that, but too bad they didn't.

More news at 11. Nah, they are gonna brute force the slot just like they are gonna have reroll tokens. It's like I told a demmy friend, nah you're getting Joe and you're gonna like it lol. Nah, man.... nah...

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Give me 4+. 2 is still a spit in the face, but better than 1. Its a game that heavily limits what you can do in the game you bought and will have to sub for. runescape you can do everything on 1 character. MO you cant. So if someone wants to play more of the game, they should be able to.

Like the last patch was literally a magic school. Anyone who plays a warrior, archer, etc, anything thats not a mage, got literally nothing. Its like paying for content you cant have.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Let's be realistic, most serious MO2 player got several accounts, which involve several steam acocunts, which is a big pain.
IMHO it's just cash grab.
Its 100% a cash grab. The idea of everyone just having one character to make it more "immersive" or whatever the fuck is dumb. There isn't a way to enforce it, so it shouldn't even be a thing. I've played many other games where they try to do this, but it makes having more accounts even more of an advantage than if they were to just allow one account to do more things.

I hate that I even still comment on these forums tbh, SV has had a decade to learn, and they just don't. If they follow their trend, 2-3 years from now they will allow more characters per account and have some half assed "free to play" system that would have been great in the beginning.

SV's motto should be "too little too late".

I seriously don't understand how MO2 is such a fail though. Literally had 10 YEARS to understand what works and what doesn't in MO1. They are still experimenting in this alpha of a game. I wouldn't be so annoyed about it if they would wipe the server after the game is in a state to even call it released. I would just give them the time they need then play when the game is ready. But its forever fucked.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Give me 4+. 2 is still a spit in the face, but better than 1. Its a game that heavily limits what you can do in the game you bought and will have to sub for. runescape you can do everything on 1 character. MO you cant. So if someone wants to play more of the game, they should be able to.

Like the last patch was literally a magic school. Anyone who plays a warrior, archer, etc, anything thats not a mage, got literally nothing. Its like paying for content you cant have.

buy a new acct! I mean the whole buy a slot shit from MO 1 was wack azz shit too, let's be real, but at least you could do it, I guess.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Im unironically not sure StarVault is even capable of making a system that allows you to play on 2 characters per account.
I can already see how my Veela will have Thursar levels of damage and how their banks will merge with each other, how their reputations will rise on both accounts when playing only one etc...etc...

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
well you can add how many slots you want just pay subscription fee for every character you have or wana use

Reactions: Xunila

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Then you get to sub 4 times for a game thats not worth 1.

I didn't put sarcasm, but haha. Yeah, I got ya tho.

edit: but if you are really playing this game w/ one acct, wait til it goes on sale and buy another. It's b2p for 'awhile.' Do it for your sanity. You're gonna drop it when the sub kicks in anyway.

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I didn't put sarcasm, but haha. Yeah, I got ya tho.

edit: but if you are really playing this game w/ one acct, wait til it goes on sale and buy another. It's b2p for 'awhile.' Do it for your sanity. You're gonna drop it when the sub kicks in anyway.
Haha for a second I thought you got converted by the MO2 fanboys. the MO2 fanboy logic just blows my mind. Its like they want as little for their money as possible.

I'd buy another acc but I cant give Sv any more money. So all the gameplay I get currently is bitching and moaning on the forums. Which luckily is just as good gameplay as if I logged in, but takes less time.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Just buy a 2nd acct. It takes what 15 seconds to switch Steam accounts? Ive spent 120 dollars on MO for 3 accts, one for a friend. If I had more char slots, maybe I wouldnt have invested that much. The game needs to make money.

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
Just buy a 2nd acct. It takes what 15 seconds to switch Steam accounts? Ive spent 120 dollars on MO for 3 accts, one for a friend. If I had more char slots, maybe I wouldnt have invested that much. The game needs to make money.

I think SV will earn less money if nothing changes.

It is clear that most part of multi-steam accounts will be abandoned in the first months after the paid subscription is activated, only a small part of hardcore players will keep them.

One of the main concerns of new players right now is whether they will have to delete a character because they have chosen class that doesn't suit their game play or just the wrong character build.

As already noted, most part of the new content is simply not available to big part of players. Necromancy - new content for mages, mainly. In a few months we'll have new content for pet-masters and other "classes" will get 10% from it?

Imho these problems can be solved on the basis of the so-called "alt-family" system described above.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In MO1 we had four characters on one account and f2p accounts with one character slot. This ended up in a huge number of characters over time to abuse the guild level system (T1 = 10 guild members, T2 = 25, T3 = 50, T4 = 100, ... values may be not exact). As a long term MO1 player (since early beta until end) I'm happy with two accounts and one character each.

To allow more play stile in crafting simply increase the primary points for profession skills. But think about the economy between players. The more crafting skills a player has (one or two character slots per account don't care here, because it's the same player anyway), the less trade interaction between players.

The only argument I can follow is the wish to try several play stiles in the action skills, which depend on the chosen race.

D

Dracu

In MO1 we had four characters on one account and f2p accounts with one character slot. This ended up in a huge number of characters over time to abuse the guild level system (T1 = 10 guild members, T2 = 25, T3 = 50, T4 = 100, ... values may be not exact). As a long term MO1 player (since early beta until end) I'm happy with two accounts and one character each.

To allow more play stile in crafting simply increase the primary points for profession skills. But think about the economy between players. The more crafting skills a player has (one or two character slots per account don't care here, because it's the same player anyway), the less trade interaction between players.

The only argument I can follow is the wish to try several play stiles in the action skills, which depend on the chosen race.
More characters can lead to less travel time and faster action for those seeking it. Its nice beeing able to park a character where the action is and one where your buisness is. So you can switch between those two. Hence i was doing that with 2 accounts, the shocking part for me. I was more on my "buisness" account rather then my "action" account.

Having only the action account i would seriously be bored most of the day. Because that one includes alooot of walking and waiting.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020

Honestly I'd say MO1 economy was better, because u had 4 character s but most people made none of them crafters. MO2 every character gets to be a crafter. They could give us more characters but remove all characters having both trees for points, then many people wont craft and it wont hurt the already bad eco.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Paying more $$$ to perform better? There's a term for that and it's not part of the Vision. But out of respect for people's desire to enjoy the game it won't be spoken of here. After all, I might um, have a pair of accts myself ^^