How to get some players to return.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Risar head turn in for rep in blue towns.
And return some of the red preist like pig farm.

A lot of players quit due to the 30 minute walk and not wanting to be a fed ex player in order to play the game.
Most in smaller groups which when they quit their mo2 guild collapsed or got asorbed.

The red preist changes where the biggest hit to population outside the launch lag, and queue.

These were not greifers,but average players. Caught by collateral damage when SV was trying to reign in "greifers".

Did the red preist changes fix or help greifing? No.
People still just sit outside of town ganking noobs at fab west gate. or at skaffles in mk, or even in MK at the trinket broker or at the bridge in the middle if town.
You had to put guards all over meduli still months after these "fixes" to greifing.

It is clear that red preist and rep changes did not help the game and the negatives of losing players over it out way the positives.

Simple fix to get players to come back which got greifed out of the game by the game it self.

3 Risar heads = 1 rep.
1 commander head = 1 rep
1 cheif head = 3 rep.
Has to be traded in the town that yoy wabt rep so there is a incintive to not go red as its a whole lot more work if you go red to get possitive.

Addpig farm preist back and the toxai, meduli's, and mohki red preist. The vadda and bakti were right next to grave yards which was a horrible idea, move these else where abd slightly farther away.

Based on how many people I know quit over red preist changes you could easily add another 100 concurrent active long term players to the game. These players wont be greifer fodder either and in the past a lot of them where active in town millitias, which dont work well now.

Reactions: Daikos

manure

May 7, 2022
Sire... please pay attention :
What made people quit the game was the excessive protection the Devs started to give to players.
Guards and guards and guards and guards and guards everywhere, even outside towns... /guard command to call even more guards....

Jesus, you go inside any town and there wil lbe 2 guards on every corner, on alleys, on streets...I even saw one FLYING outside Tindrem once...Yes, I said FLYING (bugged of course, but oh well, it was there above the ground, floating) !
There are so many guards in this game that they dont even find space on the ground anymore, and need to fly !

Just do two things and you will have 10k players on this game once again :

1 - Add thieving system
2 - Remove excessive guards and do not EVER let any guard outside any town, not even allow them to chase people outisde town limits.

Players want EXCITEMENT. Not a candyland carebear lollypop monotonous game.

Simple as that

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Sire... please pay attention :
What made people quit the game was the excessive protection the Devs started to give to players.
Guards and guards and guards and guards and guards everywhere, even outside towns... /guard command to call even more guards....

Jesus, you go inside any town and there wil lbe 2 guards on every corner, on alleys, on streets...I even saw one FLYING outside Tindrem once...Yes, I said FLYING (bugged of course, but oh well, it was there above the ground, floating) !
There are so many guards in this game that they dont even find space on the ground anymore, and need to fly !

Just do two things and you will have 10k players on this game once again :

1 - Add thieving system
2 - Remove excessive guards and do not EVER let any guard outside any town, not even allow them to chase people outisde town limits.

Players want EXCITEMENT. Not a candyland carebear lollypop monotonous game.

Simple as that
Manure is wrong once again, but his name still fits

Reactions: Malyck
D

Dracu

Faster action... Like OP mentioned, walking 30 minutes for a few mins of fun... Maybe (its not guaranteed you get fun pvp)... The game is slooooooooooow, way to much boring busywork to get some action going. Some pvp hotspots with dirty garbage mcdonalds style pvp. Idk gimme faction warfare and outposts on the world that gimme stuff if i win them for my faction.

Allow me to join a faction in the first place and raid other towns... Hence make town raiding possible again. Raiding fabernum back when guards werent cancer... Was fun...as...hell.

PvE is boring yet its somewhat forced, whixh sucks biiiiiiig time. Gimme proper pvp rewards, 5 stack of granul which i have to process aint a reward... A shitty bonetissue armor isnt a reward... Your flakestone or cuprum weapons... Isnt a reward. Killing pve players still leaves you with stuff you have to process... Thats still boring pve. Gimme capturable outposts that generate some value for me and make it actually worth somebody and especially my time.

Generally when speaking about time... Freaking value it... Cause if you dont value my playtime with appropriate rewards then screw off. This is not an "oh i want stuff without work, gamers these days" thing. Its an iam investing time so i expect enjoyment out of it. If its not fun, screw it. There are better alternatives.

Last one is more for the time after its worth coming back.

Change development approach, dont add negatives when the features to counter it are not implemented with them. Like the red priest removal and then priests in strongholds months later. Either do both at once or not at all.

Thats atleast my honest opinion. Atm this game is imo 100% not worth coming back to and will most likely never be. The games population is once again rock bottom.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022

A lot of players quit due to the 30 minute walk and not wanting to be a fed ex player in order to play the game.
Most in smaller groups which when they quit their mo2 guild collapsed or got asorbed.

The red preist changes where the biggest hit to population outside the launch lag, and queue.

These were not greifers,but average players. Caught by collateral damage when SV was trying to reign in "greifers".

People still just sit outside of town ganking noobs at fab west gate. or at skaffles in mk, or even in MK at the trinket broker or at the bridge in the middle if town.
You had to put guards all over meduli still months after these "fixes" to greifing.

It is clear that red preist and rep changes did not help the game and the negatives of losing players over it out way the positives.

Simple fix to get players to come back which got greifed out of the game by the game it self.

3 Risar heads = 1 rep.
1 commander head = 1 rep
1 cheif head = 3 rep.
Has to be traded in the town that yoy wabt rep so there is a incintive to not go red as its a whole lot more work if you go red to get possitive.

Addpig farm preist back and the toxai, meduli's, and mohki red preist. The vadda and bakti were right next to grave yards which was a horrible idea, move these else where abd slightly farther away.

Based on how many people I know quit over red preist changes you could easily add another 100 concurrent active long term players to the game. These players wont be greifer fodder either and in the past a lot of them where active in town millitias, which dont work well now.
I don’t see anywhere in here fixing the bugs, dupes and exploits that go back to MO1. I know hundreds quit over those.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don’t see anywhere in here fixing the bugs, dupes and exploits that go back to MO1. I know hundreds quit over those.
well I said some to be fair. I was asking for a wipe for a while and would still be down for a asset and bank wipe. Doesnt fix the issue but makes people feel like there is a level playing ground.

But fixing dupes, and some of the exploits is a competency issue, while adding the two things I suggested is perfectly with in the scope of SVs ability. Not a lot of work and gets a number of players back to the game.

IDK how to point at code and tell SV to fix their bugs, but with game design I can do that.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
They will never wipe. In MO1 all the first keeps were put up with dupes. Duping was so rampant. Henrik still wouldn’t wipe.

I doubt SV can point at their own code to fix their own bugs.

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
I do not think making this game easier to be a red player is the answer. A lot of the players who already quit this game did so because they approached it as if it were Rust. Mortal Online 2 is not Rust and was never meant to be Rust. These players will most likely come back from time to time, only to get bored again.

Then you have a bunch of players who quit out of frustration with how SV handled bugs, exploits, and hacks. Those people will probably never come back.

Mauganra

Nov 21, 2020
Faster content releases is required here, and they better be quick about it before the population goes too low.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
They need to hire a game designer who is competent

This. They need someone whose full-time friggin job is balancing things, making sure all the mechanics fit together, prioritizing where development resources go. No programming. No developing assets. Just a full-time job of making sure things are thought out and work well as pieces of a greater whole. And if they have someone like this already, they need to be replaced.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I'm convinced they fired 95% of their staff after launch to save $ so they can run on 0 updates for a couple years and then retire with fat cash left. During alpha before launch we were getting noticeable content patches every 2 weeks. With huge amounts of bug fixes. Solid changes. Etc. Then the game comes out and development died. Now we wait like a month for crap bounty hunter (which isnt a good system) and then another month for trinkets which nobody wanted. They made the entire map in like 2 months. Whats funny is if they actually wanted to improve the game they could just remake a smaller map in 2 weeks. Except they cant because they prob got rid of the entire team that made the map.

Who wouldn't want to spend 30 mins walking doing nothing just to res and play the game. Thats what I call an immersive sandbox hardcore gaming experience.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They need to hire a game designer who is competent
This x2. Theres so many systems that could be good but are just junk. Like the standing system. when they first announced it, I thought we were getting something sick, like darkfall race wars. Promoting conflict while promoting not killing your allies. Instead we get to keep MO1's bad MC system wit ha new bad standign system that serves almost no purpose besides being a second worse mc system. You can be max khurite standing and still not res in a khurite town because you kill tind people. 0 logic, pointless system that only makes the game less fun.

BH system also, could have been a epic system. Was just a waste of dev time.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I do not think making this game easier to be a red player is the answer. A lot of the players who already quit this game did so because they approached it as if it were Rust. Mortal Online 2 is not Rust and was never meant to be Rust. These players will most likely come back from time to time, only to get bored again.

Then you have a bunch of players who quit out of frustration with how SV handled bugs, exploits, and hacks. Those people will probably never come back.
They all quit because this games current design is boring and anti fun. You dont get bored and quit a game you are having fun playing. PVE players are all going to quit when they realize the games pve experience is boring and they could play any other game. The only thing that makes MO good is the open pvp. No reason to try and prevent people from paying the game the 1 way it had potential.

but obv fix the bugs and dupes etc cuz that makes everyone quit lol.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

3 Risar heads = 1 rep.
1 commander head = 1 rep
1 cheif head = 3 rep.

only risars? what about the rest of myrland lol

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The suggestions you made in the OP are not going to bring people back. It will just mean more people will be farming the same things they are already farming.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

manure

May 7, 2022
The only thing that makes MO good is the open pvp.

Exactly !

Once you fill the god damn world with guards on every corner, and EVEN PROTECTING OUTSIDE THE GOD DAMN TOWNS, guess what happens ?

Kills everything this game had to offer.

Mortal Online my ass.
The name is : Guards Online

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I disagree and that view is why you find the game boring.
This games PVE sucks. Shoot mob on MA. Repeat. Higher end PVE is also aids, with aimbotting acid spitting bugs and other bad and not fun mechanics. Other MMO'sa do it MUCH better. Crafting is sit at crusher for 10 mins. Then go to work bench and click craft. Exploration is fun once, and wasn't fun because its a giant empty dead world with almost nothing to find. This games non pvp experience is only good if you have low standards and haven't played other games.

To a new player this games non pvp might seem good but once you've done it a few times its replayability isn't good enough to keep playing without pvp. And to top it off, 99% of what you do like kill mobs for mats, that gears primary use is PVP. So without pvp, nothing in this game even matters. You dont need to make cronite to ride on a MA and kill pigs.

Reactions: Dracu and Tzone

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Killing risars for rep again is 100% needed and would bring back pvp to places like cavecamp (which should have a red priest again). They could even add sators to the list for ppl in the south.

Guards need to be 100% toned down. Remove /guard command, make them parryable again and only allow normal guards on the town perimeter (where they should always leash back to). Elite and lictor guards should only be placed on banks and crafting tables.

At this point I think we really need fast travel, even if its against the dumb Henrique vision. Something like the portals in Darkfall, the world is way too big now for actual roaming and I doubt they can shrink it without wiping now.