How to get some players to return.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
okay, irrelevant what you do. My point is that there are people who like the things you don't, so your arguments about changing stuff to your preferences are not really meaningful
That you or anyone else likes it doesn't mean it couldnt be different, more involving and rewarding pve. I fail to see how anyone would find the current timesink semi-afk gameplay fun, but suit yourself.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Speak for yourself, Many people like this kind of stuff.
you enjoy having your time wasted? Like BDO had good AFK activities. This game it just punishes you by forcing you to do a tedious task that is basicly AFK but you still have to be at the keyboard.

The AFK task in game are just objectively a time waste mechanic that most of them are there for balancing. Its not like better AFK systems of other games where you set up a system that gets your gains over time with truly being AFK.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I doubt anybody quit the game for just a single reason. I mean, there is no perfect game that has it all. There are always some drawbacks. The stuff you like just has to be exceplent. In the end... Every mmorpg has one thing it excels at which the other mmorpgs are not as good at. Mortal Online just needs to focus on what its good at, cause atm its not good enough... What ever that is. Atm it seems like it trys to be something it just isnt.
Wish it was just mo 1 with better graphics. Mo was good at things. Mo 2 doubled down on nuking them out of existence. Decent duel simulator. I’ll give it like 30% of chiv 2 with trash ping.
On that note if you actually load up mo 1 and travel the map after having played mo 2, it honestly feels like getting your dick sucked.

Reactions: Dracu

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
you enjoy having your time wasted? Like BDO had good AFK activities. This game it just punishes you by forcing you to do a tedious task that is basicly AFK but you still have to be at the keyboard.

The AFK task in game are just objectively a time waste mechanic that most of them are there for balancing. Its not like better AFK systems of other games where you set up a system that gets your gains over time with truly being AFK.
Honestly mining isn’t the fucking issue. Think about character creating in mo 2.

I bet by the time you read this sentence you’ll have thought of 4 different foot fighter builds. Maybe a ff hybrid and a mage.
Class balance in mo 2 is a joke

D

Dracu

Wish it was just mo 1 with better graphics. Mo was good at things. Mo 2 doubled down on nuking them out of existence. Decent duel simulator. I’ll give it like 30% of chiv 2 with trash ping.
On that note if you actually load up mo 1 and travel the map after having played mo 2, it honestly feels like getting your dick sucked.
Yeah in comparision the mo1 map size was much better, but if i call correctly i was fairly annoyed in mo1 at the mapsize when it comes to traveling on foot. Sure compared to mo2 its ez mode but as a standalone it was still freaking annoying. since taming didnt fit in my original build. Remember playing mage in the end and picking it up just so i cana ctually get around in a reasonable amount of time.

Honestly mining isn’t the fucking issue. Think about character creating in mo 2.

I bet by the time you read this sentence you’ll have thought of 4 different foot fighter builds. Maybe a ff hybrid and a mage.
Class balance in mo 2 is a joke
I personally do think its an issue, just cause i played miner/extractor... i hated doing it. But i needed/wanted the ability to atleast get my weapon mats and craft them. Its the most boring thing ever, you cant really do it afk since you have to switch ressources every like 2 minutes or so. So you can only Semi afk it, if you dont have a second monitor attachced its just annoying. The amount of waiting is ridiculous.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
mining is OK, extracting is extended due to gank opportunity, but the way the game is now, nah. If you could crush a stack like you butcher, would be beautiful.

The problem w/ mining is there isn't really another way to make it better. There needs to be that core time sink (at least at the rocks,) continuing to make it... I mean they could make stacks process based on their tier, too. T1 like 20 sec, t2 like 45, t3 1min? :):) FOR EXAMPLE.

Cuz remem butchery used to take time. I remember dudes being like yea I got x00 stacks to butcher today for the guild. lol. And it's like RIP. But in this game it would be just like drag n drop. Should be similar with appliances!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
mining is OK, extracting is extended due to gank opportunity, but the way the game is now, nah. If you could crush a stack like you butcher, would be beautiful.

The problem w/ mining is there isn't really another way to make it better. There needs to be that core time sink (at least at the rocks,) continuing to make it... I mean they could make stacks process based on their tier, too. T1 like 20 sec, t2 like 45, t3 1min? :):) FOR EXAMPLE.

Cuz remem butchery used to take time. I remember dudes being like yea I got x00 stacks to butcher today for the guild. lol. And it's like RIP. But in this game it would be just like drag n drop. Should be similar with appliances!
I disagree entirely theres many simple ways to make mining better, involving, challenging and rewarding. Extraction is total dog ass, they should either change it to require some mental effort or not require to be there at all.
In MO1 it took them like 6 years to add extraction queue i just don't know why they didn't have it now since the start.
But what am i saying i do know why they didn't add it, because they are copy-pasting systems from a version of mortal thats like 8 years old, not even the lastest version.
Shame on them.
Now they are mostly adapting content to fit into MO2 but it takes em longer than MO1 and the results are shittier and they are not even making shit from scratch.

Butchery is also ass, cuz it's a copy aswell. Another placeholder system. I remember when TC came out in MO1, people had breeeing pens imagine in DEUS we had at the moment the biggest palisade with 3 houses and 3 guilstones fillee with breeeing pens. That made it so nobody un the guild had to ever go to the wilderness for money.
But thats not the point, the point was our guild leader and another dudes spent like the entire day butchering, they didn't do anything else, and they did it for the money.
Not soon after they despised butchery and all extraction skills because they realized how terribly boring and time consuming it was, and i'm telling you this guys were hardcore PVErs, they didn't pvp at all, they would just sit and extract chatting till it burnt them and ended up hating extraction.
Same happened to Friends that had crafters, at somw point in herj we had lots of people and not that many crafters because st that time people had to opt. So it ment certain crafters would also get burned crafting shit for people, people used yo make more than 100sets daily and MO1 had what 8 pieces of gear?

I agree shits been Made more shallow accessible and casual in MO2, but thats precisely one of the reasons certain crafting classes are worth shit, to the point crafters are often personal and people just multi account instead of having to relay on players. When theres no contract boards, or ingame letters so it's either getting to discord or adding to friendlist. And using a 3rd party communication software shouldn't be necesary to play and some people cant stand that.

The problematics have shifted in some degree but theres several core problematics that came slong with the content instead of getting fixed conceptually, but like i said it's placeholder content want it or not.

Reactions: Dracu
D

Dracu

I disagree entirely theres many simple ways to make mining better, involving, challenging and rewarding. Extraction is total dog ass, they should either change it to require some mental effort or not require to be there at all.
In MO1 it took them like 6 years to add extraction queue i just don't know why they didn't have it now since the start.
But what am i saying i do know why they didn't add it, because they are copy-pasting systems from a version of mortal thats like 8 years old, not even the lastest version.
Shame on them.
Now they are mostly adapting content to fit into MO2 but it takes em longer than MO1 and the results are shittier and they are not even making shit from scratch.

Butchery is also ass, cuz it's a copy aswell. Another placeholder system. I remember when TC came out in MO1, people had breeeing pens imagine in DEUS we had at the moment the biggest palisade with 3 houses and 3 guilstones fillee with breeeing pens. That made it so nobody un the guild had to ever go to the wilderness for money.
But thats not the point, the point was our guild leader and another dudes spent like the entire day butchering, they didn't do anything else, and they did it for the money.
Not soon after they despised butchery and all extraction skills because they realized how terribly boring and time consuming it was, and i'm telling you this guys were hardcore PVErs, they didn't pvp at all, they would just sit and extract chatting till it burnt them and ended up hating extraction.
Same happened to Friends that had crafters, at somw point in herj we had lots of people and not that many crafters because st that time people had to opt. So it ment certain crafters would also get burned crafting shit for people, people used yo make more than 100sets daily and MO1 had what 8 pieces of gear?

I agree shits been Made more shallow accessible and casual in MO2, but thats precisely one of the reasons certain crafting classes are worth shit, to the point crafters are often personal and people just multi account instead of having to relay on players. When theres no contract boards, or ingame letters so it's either getting to discord or adding to friendlist. And using a 3rd party communication software shouldn't be necesary to play and some people cant stand that.

The problematics have shifted in some degree but theres several core problematics that came slong with the content instead of getting fixed conceptually, but like i said it's placeholder content want it or not.
The Que wasnt in, but multiple processes at once on a machine was in. But turned out it was a bug so they removed it after it got reported... and we have never got an alternate system like que in return... thanks SV.... a bearable extraction system was ofc a bug...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Shame on them.

I wanna hear specific ideas about mining to see what I think of them, if you don't mind typing them lol.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Mortal Online feels more like a behavioural study that we should be being paid to play for volunteering for human research rather than a game we should be paying to play at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Tbh boys, we know they aren't coming back, MMOs making revivals isn't a thing anymore. And even if it were, it'd require CORE changes to the game.