How to get some players to return.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Killing risars for rep again is 100% needed and would bring back pvp to places like cavecamp (which should have a red priest again). They could even add sators to the list for ppl in the south.

Guards need to be 100% toned down. Remove /guard command, make them parryable again and only allow normal guards on the town perimeter (where they should always leash back to). Elite and lictor guards should only be placed on banks and crafting tables.

At this point I think we really need fast travel, even if its against the dumb Henrique vision. Something like the portals in Darkfall, the world is way too big now for actual roaming and I doubt they can shrink it without wiping now.
I agree with perrote, south needs a lil more love than the north thats for sure.

I also agree with fast travell, Ghost travelling absolute garbage and shouldn't be the only way to travel fast.

I do think there needs to be an option for teleporting, only dead and to towns.

Teleport should probably be in form of player services, for example a spiritist that knows how to summon a portal to a town área.

That for casting portals to specific areas would have to read specific books and get skills up, like (meduli portal knowledge book)

For summoning a portal for anyone to use would require specific regional materials, for example opening a meduli Town portal would require saburra powder, nitre crystals, basileus, water and jadeite.

I imagine something like mage portals on wow. But something ment just to travel naked instead of ghosting like a morron.

Also low skill proficiency should make portals behave poorly, for example casting a meduli portal with really low lvl skill would have random side effects, for example a fail portal with 20 skill points could take you to the opposite side of the map, or make you ress like a criminal inside town, or get a ptsd debuff that would have a negative status for a while.
That would open the playfield for more layers of player interaction, im not sure if i want any content thats not intended from and for players, anything that could be placed in hands of players is better than npcs.

Reactions: Jatix and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I agree with perrote, south needs a lil more love than the north thats for sure.

I also agree with fast travell, Ghost travelling absolute garbage and shouldn't be the only way to travel fast.

Teleport should probably be in form of player services, for example a spiritist that knows how to summon a portal to a town área.

That for casting portals to specific areas would have to read specific books and get skills up, like (meduli portal knowledge book)

For summoning a portal for anyone to use would require specific regional materials, for example opening a meduli Town portal would require saburra powder, nitre crystals, basileus, water and jadeite.

I imagine something like mage portals on wow. But something ment just to travel naked instead of ghosting like a morron.

Also low skill proficiency should make portals behave poorly, for example casting a meduli portal with really low lvl skill would have random side effects, for example a fail portal with 20 skill points could take you to the opposite side of the map, or make you ress like a criminal inside town, or get a ptsd debuff that would have a negative status for a while.
That would open the playfield for more layers of player interaction, im not sure if i want any content thats not intended from and for players, anything that could be placed in hands of players is better than npcs.
AFK ghost travel man. One big issue for this game is how long it takes to do things. And when you are doing those chores it mostly semi AFK do nothing and waiting. In games like BDO its takes a lot more times to grind but its active grinding or full afk while you are offline.

Can save a bunch of peoples time if you just allow the average player to full AFK travel to places. Like skyrim wagons or something. Henrik is just going to say wagons are coming guys there is no need to talk about this any further.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
AFK ghost travel man. One big issue for this game is how long it takes to do things. And when you are doing those chores it mostly semi AFK do nothing and waiting. In games like BDO its takes a lot more times to grind but its active grinding or full afk while you are offline.

Can save a bunch of peoples time if you just allow the average player to full AFK travel to places. Like skyrim wagons or something. Henrik is just going to say wagons are coming guys there is no need to talk about this any further.
I don't like anything that requires afk logged in time. Like afk mining, afk travelling, afk burning mcs, afk leveling pets, afk extracting. Every single piece of content that requires players to be afk is poop, activities should require some mind effort not watching a movie while timesink mining.

I see portals being a good one way ticket at a proper price. I see wagons being an amazing feature to the game, but as player assets, i'd hate to see player transport wagons in hands of npcs.
Wanna afk travel? Then pay the wagon owner for the trip and pray theres no bandits lol, or pay a wagon with protection.
Like said before i rather see all the content added being handled by players instead of npcs.

Reactions: Dracu
D

Dracu

Still a big fan of ghostmode highways that have an increased travel speed and maybe can be rode afk. That would be dope.
I don't like anything that requires afk logged in time. Like afk mining, afk travelling, afk burning mcs, afk leveling pets, afk extracting. Every single piece of content that requires players to be afk is poop, activities should require some mind effort not watching a movie while timesink mining.

I see portals being a good one way ticket at a proper price. I see wagons being an amazing feature to the game, but as player assets, i'd hate to see player transport wagons in hands of npcs.
Wanna afk travel? Then pay the wagon owner for the trip and pray theres no bandits lol, or pay a wagon with protection.
Like said before i rather see all the content added being handled by players instead of npcs.
Yeah the afk "activitys"... Are horrendous

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020

Spiritists summoning ppl's ghost to them over any distance sounds cool. Otherwise being able to simply rez at any priest a player has visited before would help. Ghosting especially when lost isnt fun at all. Hopefully SV can think outside their own box a little.

Reactions: Jatix

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I wager more people quit to excessive rpk and lack of content than because of guards lol.... only esgelords quit because of guards in safe zones

• Haha
Reactions: SeaShadow
D

Dracu

I wager more people quit to excessive rpk and lack of content than because of guards lol.... only esgelords quit because of guards in safe zones
I doubt anybody quit the game for just a single reason. I mean, there is no perfect game that has it all. There are always some drawbacks. The stuff you like just has to be exceplent. In the end... Every mmorpg has one thing it excels at which the other mmorpgs are not as good at. Mortal Online just needs to focus on what its good at, cause atm its not good enough... What ever that is. Atm it seems like it trys to be something it just isnt.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Some games just forget games are supposed to be fun and not a giant chore. That's always been the problem with a lot of mmos. It takes way too much time and planning for the slim chance of maybe having fun in this game. Even if you get a group, travel for an hour, etc there's still a chance the pve dungeon is already farmed and nothing is there or you don't find pvp

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's actually simple. Note that SV has done this before! Many times. That's why they have our e-mail addresses and use them. The blueprint is:

DRASTICALLY CHANGE THE GAME IN A WAY THAT SEEMS IT WILL HELP... dispense e-mail.

or

ADD PROMISED, DESIRED CONTENT THAT IS WORKING WELL.... dispense an e-mail.

That brings people back.

@ Arcane, who you rollin w/ what guild? lol. I dunno why people think this game is a chore. Maybe you are living out of a keep or a stronghold and such, but that's a responsibility you took upon yourself for gains. Nothing stops me from throwing on whatever and doing whatever. Best part of MO is moving around the world, once they add stuff to the world... it's gonna be AWESOME ha.

Nah, but I mean even when I mine I am just bored and doing something else. I admit I have less than 1k hours total in beta-->release, on both accts combined, but I've done fine for myself IMO!

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This sounds like something a MO2 fanboy would say. They want everything to be some skill to promote trade or something lol. If you needed a spiritist to portal then people wouldn't be able to portal 95% of the time unless their spiritist was on. Forced reliance on other players in a dying game is never a good idea. Darkfall portals are much better. They arent in a safe zone so people can still get killed using them, but could heavily cut down on garbage travel time. Like a GK player who wants to go farm the jungle.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This sounds like something a MO2 fanboy would say. They want everything to be some skill to promote trade or something lol. If you needed a spiritist to portal then people wouldn't be able to portal 95% of the time unless their spiritist was on. Forced reliance on other players in a dying game is never a good idea. Darkfall portals are much better. They arent in a safe zone so people can still get killed using them, but could heavily cut down on garbage travel time. Like a GK player who wants to go farm the jungle.
If You don't like to interact with people theres lovely single player rpgs, what can i tell you, i'd You don't understand player interaction is the only fuel this game has, you gonna live off finishing trinckets to watch em on your bank the rest of your life. I guess...

No different when you need the armor crafting services, for example. Or are You implying the game would be better without them and npcs that sell armor?

Not opposed to certain portals that are in the wilderness but the strong content should be in the form of player specialties to incentivate interaction.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If You don't like to interact with people theres lovely single player rpgs, what can i tell you, i'd You don't understand player interaction is the only fuel this game has, you gonna live off finishing trinckets to watch em on your bank the rest of your life. I guess...

No different when you need the armor crafting services, for example. Or are You implying the game would be better without them and npcs that sell armor?

Not opposed to certain portals that are in the wilderness but the strong content should be in the form of player specialties to incentivate interaction.
Like yes this game needs player interaction, but needing player interaction just to get from point A to B is too much. So this game usually takes it too far. You need a player for everything. If you need somethign and there's no player to hook you up and you cant make it, GG, log out. It would be much better as world portals that would just become hotspots, and get people from point A to B. And then at point B there's players and also creates possible conflict. VS if I need a spiritist to teleport me to the jungle I'm just not logging in and I'm not in the world to zerg.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Like yes this game needs player interaction, but needing player interaction just to get from point A to B is too much. So this game usually takes it too far. You need a player for everything. If you need somethign and there's no player to hook you up and you cant make it, GG, log out. It would be much better as world portals that would just become hotspots, and get people from point A to B. And then at point B there's players and also creates possible conflict. VS if I need a spiritist to teleport me to the jungle I'm just not logging in and I'm not in the world to zerg.
To get to point A yo point B u need a horse and if you can't tame you pay for the services. If theres no tamer which i've never seen it to be honest you would have to Ghost to another Town and Buy one.

Thats how the game is designed, thats why utility-craft professions exist.
There wouldn't be much of a logic behind that system if anyone could instantly access something you require.

Same with transportation, if added to the game in form of naked (Ghost) teleport, why not add it in the hands of players instead of npcs or fixed "portal locations".

People bypasses the need to interact with other players by multi account, i agree theres several profession type problematics but that doesn't mean it shouldn't change or adapt to players needs at least.

So yeah i believe it's way more rewarding for the game to introduce mechanics that involve and encourages player interaction in more complex and organic ways.

I don't know what PVP You are talking about for accessing wilderness fixed location portals. Hotspot for nakeds to travel through portals? Teleport girefers? I mean for real?

Not against the idea of certain portals that would take u to specific and rewarding places, in the wilderness, as a non full alternative to player Made portals but then it wouldnt make much sense to add naked travelling time, and portals on towns is just a shitty ass bandaid.

And if you even considered teleports with ítems the conversation is over.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Rep should be rewarded for way more than what it is currently.

For example, killing criminal/grey-flag players should give rep; you're doing the guard's jobs for them why wouldn't they like you? Attaching this only to bounty hunting is very tedious and seems like an unnecessary step that complicates things, when in reality PvP should be being democratized, not made increasingly esoteric.

It's pretty astounding that they left PvP & the rep mechanic in general in the state that they did.

I also think it would be cool to see some RvR elements even though I know you nerds are dead-set against it because you think 'that's not sandbox'. Despite the fact that you are wrong, if you had RvR elements you could add PvP like classic WoW's faction farming, or probably more like Warhammer Age of Reckoning if anyone played that... It'd at least add some universal substance/content to PvP, kinda like early WoW or WAR had; if you go guildless, you're still not left out, and PvP is always happening. Obviously you can still have TC & have that completely unrelated to factions (of course many guilds might end up being all one faction, and have power-bases out of cities, but so what, that's still way more accessible than the current system; if it's tied to cities, it will never matter since you're always going to be joining whatever is the local faction). The main point is that, by doing something like this, you are creating a universal framework for PvP to take place without having it be 100% GvG centric and almost always incur penalties. This way, there could be a large number of people who are flagged to be able to PvP each other without incurring penalties, and if you don't want to PvP, you can always just not join a faction and remain blue & always have the option to incur penalties on others who do PvP you anyway. A framework for PvP is sorely needed atm. Functionally, it could achieve the kinds of PvP dynamics that, for myriad reasons, bounty hunting failed to.

So, let's say you you are joined to Meduli faction. Meduli is at war with Vadda (faction-members can vote on faction war decs ; maybe everyone would just end up at war with everyone idk), you bring in a head from players joined to the Vadda faction, you get x amount of points. If you get enough points, you can spend them on some decent gear (idk, maybe like cuprum thru steel; if you put stuff above steel make it correspondingly expensive), with some higher tier rewards being good (but maybe not the very best/rarest) trinkets. That way trinkets wouldn't be complete RNG either, and you can actually work to get what you need for your build by PvPing instead of just wishing in one hand and shitting in the other like now. The very best stuff could still be very rare/expensive and not faction buyable...

Just some thoughts. But in general I agree that rep 100% needs more depth to it ASAP, and adding a framework that PvP is approachable to all players would be great. Many players today do not want to have to deal with all of the commitment of being active in a guild & all of that just to participate. But, all of that aside, even just having some PvE elements like risar head farming is far better than nothing...

Big problem is, I have no confidence in the current flag system to ever be able to deliver fun PvP like this, because it's just too garbo to be able to properly judge who can PK whom without suffering penalties. Maybe if you increased the amount of PvP that can occur without incurring penalties, and make multiple ways that rep can be raised, it might be a work-around... Who knows if it would function well as a work-around, but something needs to be done because PvP at its current state is not approachable & just caters to ganking+deliveries as the meta, which is bad gameplay for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I know theres some simpletons that like afk mining and watching a movie, i like to kill the poor fucks and steal all their shit.

okay, irrelevant what you do. My point is that there are people who like the things you don't, so your arguments about changing stuff to your preferences are not really meaningful

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
You enjoy spending hours crushing ores and extracting?

Yeah. To each their own, but I enjoy some mindless grinding like that. I work a job that requires a lot of thinking and decision making, so its nice to just turn the brain off, but still play.