Guess its a goodbye

manure

May 7, 2022
Never thought it would happen...
They did it ! They added guards on the ENTIRE ROAD...
They created a Trammel, after 20 years... unbelievable.

This game was the best game ever.
Now its over.
Very sad here...

I shoulda seen it coming...
Well, everything comes to an end, eventually.
Was VERY GOOD while it lasted...
A pity they never added thieving...
But now they have a big Trammel and super safe areas.

This game is no longer different from Elder Scrolls online or any of those garbages out there.
Its a ridiculous giant safe zone now.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
really messed up on the guards on the road. Elite and they one pop you. They just dont want people to play the game I guess.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Yeah because a few guards close to cities it's trammel, yep 😂 just because you apparently never do pvp besides ganking around towns that should be safe it's a bad game.

Face it you are a vocal minority and for the game to grow it's way more important that new players can get into the game safer around STARTERTOWNS than you be able to gank around them.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
After "Trammel" patch I am cut off from a least 30% of the content because silly -7 Tindremic stading:).
Kranesh is full of players when I am online and changing those stats is impossible.
Murder playstyle is not for me I just participated big pvp battle responding to my alliance CTA while clever trolls
find their ways to get to cities.
I am not paying sub till there is more ways to fix standings.

Reactions: Jatix

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Many things in the game are wrong, but making clear safe and unsafe areas is not one of them. This is something that there should have been in the start rly, so not most of the new players would have been griefed out at graveyards. Then again, the bad mechanics and bugs would have made em leave anyways.

manure

May 7, 2022
Many things in the game are wrong, but making clear safe and unsafe areas is not one of them. This is something that there should have been in the start rly, so not most of the new players would have been griefed out at graveyards. Then again, the bad mechanics and bugs would have made em leave anyways.

Safe areas was never the core of Mortal Online.
I only bought this game because it was different from all the other garbage MMOs out there. And now its the same crap.
They betrayed their veteran players with this Trammel thing.

Whoever played this game in the beginning will understand.
The game was pretty exciting. There was danger in every corner, even inside towns.

Now we have absolutely no danger, even in the roads outside.

No. Thank you.
One thing that makes me pretty mad is when someone creates a jewel, and is somehow able to completely destroy it.

If this game was bad since the beginning, it would be ok...
But the game was GREAT !

Now we dont have any options in the market.

Albion also has safe areas... it sucks.
And Eve online is not Medieval, so doesnt count...

Gonna have to wait for another full loot game to arise, unfortunately.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Safe areas was never the core of Mortal Online.
I only bought this game because it was different from all the other garbage MMOs out there. And now its the same crap.
They betrayed their veteran players with this Trammel thing.

Whoever played this game in the beginning will understand.
The game was pretty exciting. There was danger in every corner, even inside towns.

Now we have absolutely no danger, even in the roads outside.

No. Thank you.
One thing that makes me pretty mad is when someone creates a jewel, and is somehow able to completely destroy it.

If this game was bad since the beginning, it would be ok...
But the game was GREAT !

Now we dont have any options in the market.

Albion also has safe areas... it sucks.
And Eve online is not Medieval, so doesnt count...

Gonna have to wait for another full loot game to arise, unfortunately.
Nomen est omen i guess; traveling is still dangerous enough. The game needs more players and less griefing, so this is a welcome addition.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I’d much prefer a middle road. Instead of guards that one shot you. There should be guards that tilt the favour of combat towards the blue player. Not just blink strike, engima black hole ultimate, earth shaker aoe nuke

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
dam son.

You guys prol don't want (or deserve lool) my ideas cuz I am nowhere near playing this game. It seems to be turning out worse than I thought it would, but look (and keep in mind that this way of making a game can be extended to EVERY ASPECT of MO; if someone makes a sandbox CORRECTLY, it will probably work in a similar way.)

It's true that guards should deter. A good fighter who is well geared should be able to defend against guards. Guards should be mostly melee, and the ranged/magic ones should have ONLY THOSE SKILLS. They should be like bandits except stronger.

However, a town should have its own guard presence which can be depleted or be increased NOT by dev choice but due to owning guild / player activity. Like if people want a lot of guards in a city, they should have to pay for them. I said this before, but WHO IS PAYING ALL THESE GUARDS TO JUST STAND AROUND? I believe it needs to be rooted in some sort of currency. Guards should be able to be killed, and then they should have to respawn (at a price.)

If you have guards everywhere, then your city is booming. It would still in no way approach the amount of guards in the game even pre-patch (didn't log in to start my free sub cuz I know it's gonna be a long time before it's ready hehh.) The amount of commerce in the city should go to finance guards. Owning guild taxes, too.

This is why people play sandboxes. This is what 'dynamic content' is.

Same with NPC guild guards. They should be melee, they should be kill-able and not auto respawn. You should have to BUY MORE, but personally I think that they should be removed altogether.

Also, having guards in the GY makes no sense. What *would* make sense is to have roaming citizens who might SEE a fight and then go get guards/soldiers. Then, people could have time to get away. Also, guards could station around the GY area if people were just hardcore griefing it to keep them away, if it got too bad. In general, GY is like the place you go to learn pvp haha. They reduce clade in GY, they reduce head value. General doesn't have rare drops anymore afaik? One type of zombie zzz.

The whole reason, again, that we want sandboxes is we want to go into a situation and see SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT. We want to face unique challenges and have unique experiences. Compare to other games where you just do the same thing over and over (it's still the same in MO, but at least you have to plan around it.)

Feel bad forya manure. This 1 is for you. Even tho I dunno who you are in game. haha. I understand, but like I said I remember playing w/ a dude who raw quit cuz of guards around duli. It is obnoxious how strong guards are. Don't worry, tho, MO2 is going to have to rethink their idea or their game is going to go down fast, or just become a stagnant memegam.

It blows my mind after all the feedback Henrik has gotten that he really believes this is what people wanted. Pretty funny. Oh well. Safe travels.

manure

May 7, 2022
Feel bad forya manure. This 1 is for you. Even tho I dunno who you are in game. haha. I understand, but like I said I remember playing w/ a dude who raw quit cuz of guards around duli. It is obnoxious how strong guards are. Don't worry, tho, MO2 is going to have to rethink their idea or their game is going to go down fast, or just become a stagnant memegam.

It blows my mind after all the feedback Henrik has gotten that he really believes this is what people wanted. Pretty funny. Oh well. Safe travels.

Thanks man.
I will stay focused on the forums to see if they revert this "Guards on the Roads" idea. Meanwhile, its pointless to even login.
There are hundreds of scenarios where guards on the roads disrupts gameplay... Imagine if I am chasing someone in the wilderness, and then he simply runs to a ROAD and I get insta killed by elite guard in the middle of nowhere ?
Or, imagine if Im a red without reputation, and by distraction I move off forest to a ROAD and there is a lictor guard to insta kill me ?
Or if Im farming, chasing an outlaw, and he runs to a ROAD...if I chase the NPC i will be insta killed by a guard.
What if Im travelling with my trained white bear and cross a ROAD.. the guard will insta kill the bear !!!

Nah, its a complete ill thought non sense idea !
A simple change destroyed the game.

People wont even communicate with each others anymore.. its gonna be like all those trash MMOs out there, where you see 45782389 players but none of them interacts with you.,., because nobody needs any help. The world is absolutely safe !

Excitement and danger are what make a game interesting and addictive.
Compare the population in february 2022 to november 2023.
Why do you think there was thousands of people there and only a few hundreds now ?
The game was MUCH BETTER before. Danger everywhere !

And you re right about Henry.... He doesnt read ANY suggestions or ideas from active players... Hell, nobody ever asked for safe areas out of town on Mortal Online !
Where did it come from ?

Ive seen several of your posts... You gave lots of good ideas to improve PvP... None of them were implemented.
Other people like me suggested to focus on content, boats, thieving... They never even paid attention !

Im very sad because this was the only game I played. There is absolutely no other game without safe areas in the market... MO was the only one, and now its over.

Seriously now..an honest question : Who would think that adding lictor guards on the whole ROAD outside of towns was a good idea ?
Why adding insta killing sniper guards all over the continent ?? Whats the point ?

People were complaining about too many guards, guards on GYs, guards on fishing villages, guards outside meduli, outside toxai... what do they do ?
ADD EVEN MORE !

Argh

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
It's an issue with understanding the players. Not many quit because they get ganked since gear is really easy to replace, they quit because the game's features are getting worse and worse. Everything Henrik dreams up is either unfinished or flat out doesn't work.

Reactions: Tzone and manure

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
After "Trammel" patch I am cut off from a least 30% of the content because silly -7 Tindremic stading:).
Kranesh is full of players when I am online and changing those stats is impossible.
Murder playstyle is not for me I just participated big pvp battle responding to my alliance CTA while clever trolls
find their ways to get to cities.
I am not paying sub till there is more ways to fix standings.
Should be easy to naked run CC to Kranesh. I did this a week ago with a character to get rid of my negative 20 standing. Horses spawn really close to CC and you can now actually spawn there since its a lawless camp.

Ultimately the guard decision was the right one but the guards should be no stronger than guild guards imo. The one shot thing is a bit lame and punishes us red players way too much. Especially with the ritual pets.

If your guild is properly wardecing enemies and you run your parcels/do the hunting/soldier tasks, you should never have issues with standing. These missues offer up an insane amount of standing once you unlock all of the tiers.

manure

May 7, 2022
Ultimately the guard decision was the right one but the guards should be no stronger than guild guards imo. The one shot thing is a bit lame and punishes us red players way too much. Especially with the ritual pets.
NO ! The guard decision was never the right one, especially on a game like Mortal Online. This game was supposed to be played by players who were looking for excitement...An excitement they wouldnt find on any other game out there.
And now, the game feels just like any of those craps out there... Safe areas and PvP areas... Ridiculous.

But you re right about one thing... If they felt it was necessary to fill the whole map with guards, AT LEAST should had made weaker versions... maybe weaker than even guild guards... Just something to neutralize or make it harder for a PK to strike on the roads... Not an unbelievably terrible pathetic insta killing one shot ultra powerful NPC.

I ve been reading all the forums and am waiting to see if this pathetic idea of insta killing guards all over the map is REALLY what Henrik desired...
I REFUSE to believe that someone who created a so great game would think it was reasonable to fill the map with elite tindremic guards.

Still have hopes that he is NOT satisfied with the results... Maybe a fix should be coming in the next days... Crossing fingers here.

Reactions: Tzone

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
NO ! The guard decision was never the right one, especially on a game like Mortal Online.

We really can have it both ways. And; this applies to wars, too: Eve-Online got it right.
There should be danger everywhere, like you've said. But there can also be a (guaranteed) cost to executing.
Apologies for using Eve-Online as crutch... but... Over there, it becomes a calculation... Is their cargo worth X number of you folk dying to guards?
It doesn't have to be "kill 'em all" to be dangerous and rewarding.

That said, I have not yet played with the new guards and can't speak to what needs to be adjusted about their current state.

Reactions: manure

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Games like this dont work by design. The core gamepaly revolves around PVP. But anything the devs do to help new players not get rolled hurts how much PVP people can find, which hurts the end goal of the game. And making it so theres maximum PVP ends up getting new players slaughtered as they end up being where the fights also happen. And games like this will never be an actually good PVE game. So no matter how bad they make the game for PVP'ers, some nub is still going to get griefed by the guy who thought it was still worth it after all the things SV has done to make killing players not worth the time.

I've just been sitting back and watching steam charts fall for months. Its funny watching people argue back and forth how 'this will save the game, less pvp is more noobs!' 'No this will we need MORE PVP'ers!'.

The games prob going to die either way. It would need insane levels of core changes to be a model that doesnt revolve around making people quit to have fun, or making itself as boring as possible to reduce how much players actually PVP.

In the games current state, its a complete boredom simulator.

Reactions: manure

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Pretty obvious they did it on purpose. Its just backfiring because they are trying to get one over on the community.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Never thought it would happen...
They did it ! They added guards on the ENTIRE ROAD...
They created a Trammel, after 20 years... unbelievable.

This game was the best game ever.
Now its over.
Very sad here...

I shoulda seen it coming...
Well, everything comes to an end, eventually.
Was VERY GOOD while it lasted...
A pity they never added thieving...
But now they have a big Trammel and super safe areas.

This game is no longer different from Elder Scrolls online or any of those garbages out there.
Its a ridiculous giant safe zone now.
You're being overly dramatic. There is plenty of space between the towers to drop a horse. You must be missing most of your shots if you can't kill a horse in that space.

The problem with people like you? You're not just one guy ganking on the road, you're setting up a village of 20 neckbeard gankers outside the starter towns.

Most people do not tolerate unfairness well. Infact, it is in our nature to recoil at unfairness, like the video below :

That monkey is how beginner players will react when subjected to unfairness over and over again. They will throw mortal away like a piece of cucumber. You're asking most people to overcome their nature, to be able to face this unfairness which is innate to our nature. Most people will not do that. They will just quit.

It should be about getting the unfairness just before the threshold of the average person for maximum success WITHOUT compromising the heart of the game. Is this impossible? No. These towers strike a nice balance. Maybe they could adjust the number of them? But other than that, i think it is an excellent idea that doesn't outright shut down ganking.

I get it, life is unfair, and this game tries to simulate it. But in life, we form governments to balance the scales. That way, a disabled person who can't walk is supported by the government because they were dealt a bad hand (not the case with every government, but just an example). The guard towers are just that, they are a way of making the game MORE fair.

You can still kill people on the roads, but now lone travelers have a CHANCE, as opposed to no chance at all. You want people to have no chance, when you're coordinating with 20 virgins to kill some naked guy on his first horse.

It's like you want the game to be like Kranesh, where you can just endlessly dunk on someone out of spawn. Use your brain. It needs to be fair for people just starting. You can still gank people, they just made it more difficult. That was it. They balanced the scales slightly, and you're crying about it. It is pathetic.

I say this as someone who kills people all the time ingame just because i think it is funny. It is like you lack the capacity to empathize with beginner players, or people who want a chance to atleast get their foot in the door.

Last edited:

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Games like this dont work by design. The core gamepaly revolves around PVP. But anything the devs do to help new players not get rolled hurts how much PVP people can find, which hurts the end goal of the game. And making it so theres maximum PVP ends up getting new players slaughtered as they end up being where the fights also happen. And games like this will never be an actually good PVE game. So no matter how bad they make the game for PVP'ers, some nub is still going to get griefed by the guy who thought it was still worth it after all the things SV has done to make killing players not worth the time.

I've just been sitting back and watching steam charts fall for months. Its funny watching people argue back and forth how 'this will save the game, less pvp is more noobs!' 'No this will we need MORE PVP'ers!'.

The games prob going to die either way. It would need insane levels of core changes to be a model that doesnt revolve around making people quit to have fun, or making itself as boring as possible to reduce how much players actually PVP.

In the games current state, its a complete boredom simulator.
I still think its sad that people keep crying about how this is not the large scale battle simulator that they really wanted...

When i was 15 the pvp was a huge factor for me to get into mo1, but it wasnt for the pvp, it was all because of the package in it, a mysterious land that resembles our own, with similar yet exotic creatures that you can fight or tame, to venture in a world filled with hidden misterys...
yea i even downloaded mo1 again just to see if i was mistaken but nope... the game feals like an open map on a UE4/5 project... the magic is gone, and i dont think its because its super hidden... i think its just not there... i mean even a basic UE3 demon spawn looked epic... how hard could you fail your own lore?

The pvp i dream about is not the medieval battlefield everyone is crying about... but this....

you can skip to 1:45, if you just want a straight answer.
That is what an open world MMORPG should be.... if you just want pvp... mortal royale is still up last time i checked...

Reactions: Teknique

manure

May 7, 2022
They created Haven for a reason...
Bringing Haven to mainland was never in the core idea.

Being killed and dry looted near starter towns really sucks, but its part of the learning curve.
If you stop and think about it a little bit, will notice that this isnt in the way everyone usually draws up on the commentaries...
The gankers dont stay forever in one position... just wait a little bit in town, do something else, and later you try to exit again...
Or spam on the world help chat their location and soon they get swarmed by "heroes"...
Or simply choose a different route.

There were always tons of ways to avoid killers...
The worst possible way to prevent this is by adding systems forcing some kind of behavior to players... adding safe areas.

Im not over reacting to this guard tower change.
It indeed destroyed the game we had before.

If you re new, maybe I cant convince you, because you re coming from one of those garbages MMOs out there and feels like home now, everything is normal to you...

But if you knew Mortal Online from before, answer my question :

When was MO2 better ?

1- Back on february 2022 ?
2 - Today ?

Do such research and try to explain when you see the results...

On 2022, this game had no pathetic safe areas and no ridiculous one shot killing guards.
But it was far better than today.
Guess why

Reactions: Tzone