Guess its a goodbye

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just bring back statloss. I was against it but their are so many naked toons running around with nothing to lose competing with you over the same resources.

manure

May 7, 2022
Just bring back statloss. I was against it but their are so many naked toons running around with nothing to lose competing with you over the same resources.
SACRILEGE !

Man.. Dont you even DARE to speak this term ever again ("Stat loss")....
This kind of thing has been the DOOM of many great games in the past... Leave it to rest, please.. Dont even start

Lets change the subject, please....
Did you see the new great stuff they re putting in for votation ?? 🤭😬🙄

Tzone

May 16, 2021
SACRILEGE !

Man.. Dont you even DARE to speak this term ever again ("Stat loss")....
This kind of thing has been the DOOM of many great games in the past... Leave it to rest, please.. Dont even start

Lets change the subject, please....
Did you see the new great stuff they re putting in for votation ?? 🤭😬🙄
Its 100% needed, people have no fear of death nor punishment for repeated spawning naked.

manure

May 7, 2022
Its 100% needed, people have no fear of death nor punishment for repeated spawning naked.
No problem.. its good, brings more action if they return fast... and, hell, they re naked !! Easily disposed...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
No problem.. its good, brings more action if they return fast... and, hell, they re naked !! Easily disposed...
no you need to be punished for being naked. gray bar does nothing and nakeds provide no content to the game. Only wasting your time and dura.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
these resources are not yours or anyone else's, they are shared, earn them. in the meantime, all your resources that you own, in your latrine

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
They created Haven for a reason...
Bringing Haven to mainland was never in the core idea.

Being killed and dry looted near starter towns really sucks, but its part of the learning curve.
If you stop and think about it a little bit, will notice that this isnt in the way everyone usually draws up on the commentaries...
The gankers dont stay forever in one position... just wait a little bit in town, do something else, and later you try to exit again...
Or spam on the world help chat their location and soon they get swarmed by "heroes"...
Or simply choose a different route.

There were always tons of ways to avoid killers...
The worst possible way to prevent this is by adding systems forcing some kind of behavior to players... adding safe areas.

Im not over reacting to this guard tower change.
It indeed destroyed the game we had before.

If you re new, maybe I cant convince you, because you re coming from one of those garbages MMOs out there and feels like home now, everything is normal to you...

But if you knew Mortal Online from before, answer my question :

When was MO2 better ?

1- Back on february 2022 ?
2 - Today ?

Do such research and try to explain when you see the results...

On 2022, this game had no pathetic safe areas and no ridiculous one shot killing guards.
But it was far better than today.
Guess why
Calling this 'Haven on the mainland,' is a bit disingenuous. I'm red, and still kill people all the time. Right next to town even. You just have to rub your two braincells together and not run straight into the guard towers. It really isn't that hard. If I can do it, then I have then doubt at all that any of you can as well.

Also, comparing todays player base to the player base a month after launch is silly. Of course there was 10x the people after launch, and of course 90% left. If you look at the steam charts of any MMO ever the exact same trend happens. This game isn't dying because 'Henrik disappointed me alone and now I wanna quit.' The game is probably not even dying. There is about a thousand people that religiously play it and have shown that they won't leave for much of anything. If it is dying, though, it's from general lack of content and absolute shit quality of what they do add. The last major content was elementalism, and it was advertised as this awesome powerful magic that has an impact on the world... But people use like 8 spells from all of elementalism.

manure

May 7, 2022
Calling this 'Haven on the mainland,' is a bit disingenuous. I'm red, and still kill people all the time. Right next to town even. You just have to rub your two braincells together and not run straight into the guard towers. It really isn't that hard. If I can do it, then I have then doubt at all that any of you can as well.

Also, comparing todays player base to the player base a month after launch is silly. Of course there was 10x the people after launch, and of course 90% left. If you look at the steam charts of any MMO ever the exact same trend happens. This game isn't dying because 'Henrik disappointed me alone and now I wanna quit.' The game is probably not even dying. There is about a thousand people that religiously play it and have shown that they won't leave for much of anything. If it is dying, though, it's from general lack of content and absolute shit quality of what they do add. The last major content was elementalism, and it was advertised as this awesome powerful magic that has an impact on the world... But people use like 8 spells from all of elementalism.

Yes, yes, Im a bit calmer... I have been killing these days too, but it sucks that I lost several good killing spots due to these infamous guard towers.
I still think they suck, though. Kills immersion for sure... And it doesnt go through my mind that they needed to put INSTA KILLING GUARDS over these towers...
They should be as strong as guild guards... not elite tindrem guards.

And jesus, you re right about the Elementalism.... They created 6457339 new spells, but only very few of them are really usable.... The majority takes an eternity to cast... Who, in the middle of combat, has like 10 seconds to stand still casting a spell ??? Ridiculous

Ahh, you also spoke about having a much bigger number of people on the launching time.... But even after lots of people quitted because of the queue timers, we still kept a big ammount of people playing the game in the first months.... They didnt quit all at same time.. It was slow... On every new patch, the devs screwed the game more and more, slowly....
So, I reiterate... The Devs screwed with the game step by step, therefore, the population decreased.

But now, with Thievery and BOATs, we have a chance to raise in player numbers again.

Lets focus on content... Stop adding PvP stuff in the game for a while for gods sake !

Reactions: Elijah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They created Haven for a reason...
Bringing Haven to mainland was never in the core idea.

Being killed and dry looted near starter towns really sucks, but its part of the learning curve.
If you stop and think about it a little bit, will notice that this isnt in the way everyone usually draws up on the commentaries...
The gankers dont stay forever in one position... just wait a little bit in town, do something else, and later you try to exit again...
Or spam on the world help chat their location and soon they get swarmed by "heroes"...
Or simply choose a different route.

There were always tons of ways to avoid killers...
The worst possible way to prevent this is by adding systems forcing some kind of behavior to players... adding safe areas.

Im not over reacting to this guard tower change.
It indeed destroyed the game we had before.

If you re new, maybe I cant convince you, because you re coming from one of those garbages MMOs out there and feels like home now, everything is normal to you...

But if you knew Mortal Online from before, answer my question :

When was MO2 better ?

1- Back on february 2022 ?
2 - Today ?

Do such research and try to explain when you see the results...

On 2022, this game had no pathetic safe areas and no ridiculous one shot killing guards.
But it was far better than today.
Guess why
MO2 was better pre aug beta

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yes, yes, Im a bit calmer... I have been killing these days too, but it sucks that I lost several good killing spots due to these infamous guard towers.
I still think they suck, though. Kills immersion for sure... And it doesnt go through my mind that they needed to put INSTA KILLING GUARDS over these towers...
They should be as strong as guild guards... not elite tindrem guards.

And jesus, you re right about the Elementalism.... They created 6457339 new spells, but only very few of them are really usable.... The majority takes an eternity to cast... Who, in the middle of combat, has like 10 seconds to stand still casting a spell ??? Ridiculous

Ahh, you also spoke about having a much bigger number of people on the launching time.... But even after lots of people quitted because of the queue timers, we still kept a big ammount of people playing the game in the first months.... They didnt quit all at same time.. It was slow... On every new patch, the devs screwed the game more and more, slowly....
So, I reiterate... The Devs screwed with the game step by step, therefore, the population decreased.

But now, with Thievery and BOATs, we have a chance to raise in player numbers again.

Lets focus on content... Stop adding PvP stuff in the game for a while for gods sake !
Why would you think thievery isn’t going to be some watered down nonsense like wardecs, tc, housing etc

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Guards near starter areas/NPC settlements are a good idea.
Guild guards are a bad idea.
The game needs more content, a less defensive combat meta, and less time gates on traveling to engage in content; Distant Horses, lack of public wilderness respawn points/banks are the main offenders.

The current combat meta, horse meta, travel meta and respawn meta all discourage action. Successful MMOs have a 4minute rule. If it takes longer then 4minutes to engage in something meaningful, it's a problem.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
doing parcel runs to take you out of negative, with a good horse and knowing where you are going you can make around 10-14 rep an hour.

manure

May 7, 2022
Why would you think thievery isn’t going to be some watered down nonsense like wardecs, tc, housing etc
I dont know man... but something tells me its going to be fun, even if poorly implemented...
Just the possibility of doing evil stuff inside towns is already a great move... puts some "life" in the cities... excitement.

And if they make it like it was on MO1, that will be jackpot.
100% success.