Fish encyclopedia

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
Wait, so everything we just tested was nerfed, and let me guess, the veteran fisherman is still in jungle camp right?

whhhhhyyyyyyyyy????
Not worth fishing for money now. Venom cup setup made me 4 golds per hour (!). I guess Henrik doesnt play his own game :(

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
lets be real, the coin per hour was way too good and needed a nerf. I havent done much fishing after patch so i dunno what all has changed, perhaps they should have just reduced the vendor values instead.

-barcode

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
lets be real, the coin per hour was way too good and needed a nerf. I havent done much fishing after patch so i dunno what all has changed, perhaps they should have just reduced the vendor values instead.

-barcode
It was too much. But it was changed typical SV style - where it gave you 50g per hour now its 4-10g per hour. Why? Herbeus, canna and trudis dominated all Fish lists from 50 to 3000 depth. Hooks 1 to 100. 24h.
Baits that were extremely exclusive to one or two species now yield mostly Herpe(u)s, canna and trudis. Why kill whole profession because of black whiskerfish?

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
It’ll be amazing if anyone bothers with fishing after this. I think I’m going to stick with mining…fishing was already a strain on the eyes, hands and patience, now it’s positively an exercise in madness.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
View attachment 3273

First 20h of fishing and I think is fine.
I know that your skill wasn't maxed the whole time but if that is 20h our fishing that's around 200g-250g worth of fish which is still a lot less. But if that's all the fish you caught then it shows that Herbues and such are probably still the same rate. Maybe fishing skill isn't linear on what you can catch. So pretty much catch crap till 45 then some petter stuff then 75 to get the goodies for example. But I have caught venom cup on the "normal" set up with only 26ish skill I think but was getting the common fish Which I usually won't catch anything but Venum cup with that set up. I can't help to much with this sense I haven't really been on in 3 weeks. Also felt like the book was the only thing skilling me up not catching fish

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
I know that your skill wasn't maxed the whole time but if that is 20h our fishing that's around 200g-250g worth of fish which is still a lot less. But if that's all the fish you caught then it shows that Herbues and such are probably still the same rate. Maybe fishing skill isn't linear on what you can catch. So pretty much catch crap till 45 then some petter stuff then 75 to get the goodies for example. But I have caught venom cup on the "normal" set up with only 26ish skill I think but was getting the common fish Which I usually won't catch anything but Venum cup with that set up. I can't help to much with this sense I haven't really been on in 3 weeks. Also felt like the book was the only thing skilling me up not catching fish
Catching Fish does give exp but its very low amount - crap Fish give around 20-50 units when one level at around 80 require 500 exp.

Reactions: Balvrikk

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
DAMN THATS CRAZY THEY NERFED FISHING NO WAY!??...

Wow it's almost like I called this weeks ago. Blame yourselves 🤣

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
DAMN THATS CRAZY THEY NERFED FISHING NO WAY!??...

Wow it's almost like I called this weeks ago. Blame yourselves 🤣
It's good thing it was nerfed, not enough in my opinion, vendor prices should've been halved at least im still making insane money with zero risk.

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
I agree that nerf was deserved, at times it felt like i was exploiting a bug or something. Mildly sad about the part where days spent filling out google sheets with catch specifics is now rather useless. But again was probably deserved even here as i was catching several uncommon money making fish all on the same bait, felt weird with the amount of bait that is available in game. As a side note what is good gold per hour outside fishing? What is top tier gold per hour like where risk is actually involved?

Reactions: Cddizzym

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
The nerf was bound to happen, lets be honest once the turtle nerf came... finding boar fish was so easy to find and farm. i just did not expect this level of nerf to come honestly, its a nuke when only price adjustments needed to be

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Yes, I was so excited when fishing come out, they ruined it now. Dont feel like i want to fish anymore, it is neither fun nor useful.
Henrik did say they would rather have something underpowered and bring it up then overpowered so let's hope they actually do something about it instead of just "talking about it" like he does.

Reactions: Cddizzym