Fish encyclopedia

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Another Nerf... WHY

• Some fish values have been lowered.
  • Reduced bite rate on certain baits for Canna, Trudis and Herbeus.
  • More variation on fish depth and bait to make sure players won’t always catch the same fish over and over.
This is the change that should've happened in the first they are reverting the first nerf in favor of one that is more reasonable and much better.

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
This is the change that should've happened in the first they are reverting the first nerf in favor of one that is more reasonable and much better.

From what I have seen, its not a reverting. Its just piling another nerf ontop.

Tested again and not much has changed, still getting stupid amounts of Herbeus, Trudis and Canna no matter where in Meduli.

Reactions: Balvrikk

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
i think a lot of us are thinking this, but with the overall state now of fishing is fun but not very rewarding and not only from a money stand point. ill keep fishing if there are questions but i think pushing fishing to the side till later updates is probably the better option

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I dunno, Maybe they’re messing with fishing so no one wants to do it because of the server issues. Drop the over all activity processing on the back end to relief pressure on the whole server.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
here some of the good stuff (not sure if it's actually good though)

Attachments

• NEW.jpg
    NEW.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: Cddizzym

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
Is it intentional that it has been raining almost every single day? People straight stopped fishing in meduli because of it..

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Is it intentional that it has been raining almost every single day? People straight stopped fishing in meduli because of it..
the weather system is a bit wacky but i dont know why people would have stopped fishing. may be harder to hear the bite

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
the weather system is a bit wacky but i dont know why people would have stopped fishing. may be harder to hear the bite
Everyone i talked to on the docks said their catch rates plummeted when it started raining at least in Meduli. Silk rays for example are nearly non existent when its raining. Clear day? easily catch 4-5 in the time frame. While its raining? I will be lucky to get 1 of like 5kg in a hour of fishing.

Mind you im trying to get my lores up so money is of no importance. I understand if weather impacts fishing i was just curious if anyone outside meduli experienced something similar.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Everyone i talked to on the docks said their catch rates plummeted when it started raining at least in Meduli. Silk rays for example are nearly non existent when its raining. Clear day? easily catch 4-5 in the time frame. While its raining? I will be lucky to get 1 of like 5kg in a hour of fishing.
hmm it could be but i think its more coincidence then anything

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
hmm it could be but i think its more coincidence then anything
I considered that heavily until i fished 2 ingame days straight while raining and netted more Boarfish and Blackwhisker than anything else. Only caught 3 sand rays and 1 silk ray worth like 4G. The days not raining? every third or fourth catch was a Silk ray or Sand ray in comparison. Same bait, line, hook, time of day and everything. I never seen anyone ask Henrik if weather effects fishing so who the hell knows. All i know is something changes it lol

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I considered that heavily until i fished 2 ingame days straight while raining and netted more Boarfish and Blackwhisker than anything else. Only caught 3 sand rays and 1 silk ray worth like 4G. The days not raining? every third or fourth catch was a Silk ray or Sand ray in comparison. Same bait, line, hook, time of day and everything. I never seen anyone ask Henrik if weather effects fishing so who the hell knows. All i know is something changes it lol
weather is supposed to have an affect i just personally havent felt it does

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
I also noticed some inconsistency in Silk ray fishing using labrum. I either get all or nothing. There is no in between. Of course there are other baits but this was the only one that worked nice (maybe I used other baits in the Rainy day? I dont remember. However worth checking out again)
Anyone got Lucky in Venom cups? I didnt caught a single one since release and before I got quite a good bunch. Same spot, same Hook same bait same time.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I also noticed some inconsistency in Silk ray fishing using labrum. I either get all or nothing. There is no in between. Of course there are other baits but this was the only one that worked nice (maybe I used other baits in the Rainy day? I dont remember. However worth checking out again)
Anyone got Lucky in Venom cups? I didnt caught a single one since release and before I got quite a good bunch. Same spot, same Hook same bait same time.
yeah just a low chance for the special fish and a high chance for the common fish. a lot more RNG. For Venom cup i was able to get three in a row the very first time fishing for them but have maybe gotton another 4 sense. and i can not for the life of me get labrum to try it. or get in game for that matter.

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022

Haven't tried post release yet but will if i get in sometime today. Getting to JC to restock is even harder now bahaha

yeah just a low chance for the special fish and a high chance for the common fish. a lot more RNG. For Venom cup i was able to get three in a row the very first time fishing for them but have maybe gotton another 4 sense. and i can not for the life of me get labrum to try it. or get in game for that matter.
you dont get a ton but 1 hook 500 depth herb as bait should net you some labrum.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
in the fishing stream back in December he said that weather affects fishing. He didn't go into details about it though.

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
is there some sort of fishing butcher simulator ?
Not at the moment.
is there some sort a how to catch specific guide ?
Some people have kindly shared some of their fishing catches and what they used to catch it with in this thread if you look.
You will have to learn through trial and error what bait catches what fish using line, hook, bait, and depth.