EOS- Failed to init platform ERROR !

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
same problem , was trying to fix the issue for 4 hours now , and since i played a bunch previusly when it was in open beta i doubt i can get a refund from steam

i just wish its gets fixed

A list here with possible fixes.

Also this is on epics table since Star Vault cant access the code to EAC.
Epic on the other hand says its a problem with the game since its being done in a wierd way, but i really hope they can work together on this one to come up with a fix before the full launch atleast.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
A list here with possible fixes.

Also this is on epics table since Star Vault cant access the code to EAC.
Epic on the other hand says its a problem with the game since its being done in a wierd way, but i really hope they can work together on this one to come up with a fix before the full launch atleast.
This needs to be urgent priority for SV and Epic Games (if they would also sense the urgency) to fix asap. They could have the best game in the industry but if new players flooding in get this at the main menu it will be a showstopper and doom the game once and for all if it stays that way. It will be on an order of magnitude far worse than the MO1 Steam launch circa 2015.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
This needs to be urgent priority for SV and Epic Games (if they would also sense the urgency) to fix asap. They could have the best game in the industry but if new players flooding in get this at the main menu it will be a showstopper and doom the game once and for all if it stays that way. It will be on an order of magnitude far worse than the MO1 Steam launch circa 2015.
I agree. But there is nothing that SV can do, its all in Epic games hands. Hopefully they can prioritize this. They got 2 months.

Rikiou

Dec 1, 2020
It is so sad, because the Game Idea is fanatstic and the Graphic is so beautiful.
"discovered! It has to do with your user profile name in windows. There cannot be any special characters, accents or anything like that. I created a new user on my system and it stopped giving the EOS error. I read some people talking about it on Steam and it really was."
Have you tried this one?
Some of my Japanese players have been able to play this way.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rikiou

Dec 1, 2020
@Amadman
"EOS- Failed to init platform"
Has this problem been addressed yet?
If you use special characters in the Windows profile, you will get "EOS- Failed to init platform".
There must be many people outside of English-speaking countries who can't play because they can't solve this problem.

Malgor

Dec 5, 2021
error.png

After hours of trying to fix this and extensive google search I´m done with it. I participated in the stress test without any problems and now I can´t even go to the character creation after I bought the game. Ridiculous. Keep my money as a donation because I love the concept, but I wont bother looking up the game again for the next 2-3 months until you guys fix this URGENT issue.
And don´t do finger pointing to EAC, Epic or what have you. Other games use the service and work and it´s your responsibility to make yours work too.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
View attachment 2879

After hours of trying to fix this and extensive google search I´m done with it. I participated in the stress test without any problems and now I can´t even go to the character creation after I bought the game. Ridiculous. Keep my money as a donation because I love the concept, but I wont bother looking up the game again for the next 2-3 months until you guys fix this URGENT issue.
And don´t do finger pointing to EAC, Epic or what have you. Other games use the service and work and it´s your responsibility to make yours work too.
I had a different error a few weeks ago, a few days later it went away all by itself without any patching from SV.

I would check back in a few days or even a week to see if anything has changed. I feel sorry that you can't get into the game, it is closed beta so that issues like this can be found and dealt with before launch.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rikiou

Dec 1, 2020
View attachment 2879

Unlike before, it has healed on its own, so don't give up and try playing again.

Ludvig

Jan 10, 2022
I tryed almost everything... I still have that problem. I played few months without problem, now Iam back cose launch day is closing and I cant get even to game.

Wuija

Jan 13, 2022
SOLVED: The same thing happened to me, and I solved it by changing the name of the microsoft account of windows that contained special characters. example: José to Jose

Reactions: Amadman

Vykos

Jun 13, 2022
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\MortalOnline2\Saved\SaveGames
delete this file and reopen the game