EOS- Failed to init platform ERROR !

mauriciopilati

Sep 6, 2021
I discovered! It has to do with your user profile name in windows. There cannot be any special characters, accents or anything like that. I created a new user on my system and it stopped giving the EOS error. I read some people talking about it on Steam and it really was.

Rikiou

Dec 1, 2020
Has this problem been completely solved?
The Japanese people have all disappeared because of this error.
Star Vault should announce the solution more widely.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I got the problem after a steam update today! Three hours ago I had been able to play MO2. Afterwards steam updated, and now I get the error and "untrusted steam.dll". A restart of the PC didn't help.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
In another thread someone suggested to browse local files and run MortalOnline2.exe from there.

It worked for me to get in for now anyway.
Thanks, this was a life-saver and I managed to log in just now.

Weird thing is, my Windows account has only the standard alphabet letters so I can rule out that explanation.

All my other games work fine, though I recently cloned all my drives to bigger SSDs. It is only MO2 that is giving me this issue.

Rikiou

Dec 1, 2020
Thanks, this was a life-saver and I managed to log in just now.

Weird thing is, my Windows account has only the standard alphabet letters so I can rule out that explanation.

All my other games work fine, though I recently cloned all my drives to bigger SSDs. It is only MO2 that is giving me this issue.
Worked for me, too: \Steam\steamapps\common\Mortal Online 2\MortalOnline2.exe

I found an announcement in Discord by Discord from yesterday.
The problem of "EOS - Error 130" is summarized here.
https://mortalonline2.com/forums/th...ng-before-starting-mortal-online-2.3418/#post -40698

The problem of "EOS- Failed to init platform" is a different problem.

Minotos

Nov 27, 2021
fix my gm or gimme my money back. lol. I've gotten refunds on games for various reasons. But yea, this is a shitshow. Game is working a lot worse each patch.
It is so sad, because the Game Idea is fanatstic and the Graphic is so beautiful.

Filthy Kitty

Nov 27, 2021
same problem , was trying to fix the issue for 4 hours now , and since i played a bunch previusly when it was in open beta i doubt i can get a refund from steam

i just wish its gets fixed