Dynamic Assessment of Mortal Online 2

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Or not!

You should still read it.

What is Mortal Online 2? I would say the game is a virtual world with hardcore pvp. I believe that's what everyone thought MO2 was. Launch was an epic failure, but it showed one thing: there are people lining up to play with that concept. Get it THRU YOUR FAKN SKULL THE REASON MO/MO2 SUCK(ED?) IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THE GAME.

People want this. Some people have problems, they want to come here with their toxic life and do toxic shit, and up to a point, they should be able to. It's a sandbox. Everyone can come in if they pay the entry fee. So, where did it go wrong? How many people are really living in your virtual world right now SV? Maybe 700? Other people doing mindless tasks. Maybe less, maybe more doing mindless tasks. That's really just sad.

Go back and think about the end of Beta into launch, before you fucked it up, you need to get that sort of a vibe w/ the game. The shit that is getting added IS ADDED. Yet, it seems the foundation shifted. How is that possible? How could that be allowed to happen? Is that, perhaps, the reason why there are so few people playing? It's unsurprising that people are role playing on MO, but I bet even that is TEDIOUS for them. ahaha. Remember, the game should not restrict you, it should empower you, save the restriction for egregious acts!!

REPENT YE.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

manure

May 7, 2022
Or not!

You should still read it.

What is Mortal Online 2? I would say the game is a virtual world with hardcore pvp. I believe that's what everyone thought MO2 was. Launch was an epic failure, but it showed one thing: there are people lining up to play with that concept. Get it THRU YOUR FAKN SKULL THE REASON MO/MO2 SUCK(ED?) IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THE GAME.

People want this. Some people have problems, they want to come here with their toxic life and do toxic shit, and up to a point, they should be able to. It's a sandbox. Everyone can come in if they pay the entry fee. So, where did it go wrong? How many people are really living in your virtual world right now SV? Maybe 700? Other people doing mindless tasks. Maybe less, maybe more doing mindless tasks. That's really just sad.

Go back and think about the end of Beta into launch, before you fucked it up, you need to get that sort of a vibe w/ the game. The shit that is getting added IS ADDED. Yet, it seems the foundation shifted. How is that possible? How could that be allowed to happen? Is that, perhaps, the reason why there are so few people playing? It's unsurprising that people are role playing on MO, but I bet even that is TEDIOUS for them. ahaha. Remember, the game should not restrict you, it should empower you, save the restriction for egregious acts!!

REPENT YE.

Excellent post.
You said it all.

People came to this game because it was promised that we would have a hardcore game here, just like old UO or old MO1... With only very FEW safe places !!!

Then, after a couple months the Devs started placing restrictive rules,...
TONS AND TONS of NPC guards were placed in almost every god damn corner (EVEN OUTSIDE TOWN)... Guards insta killing... trinkets that stay with you upon death, jesus, please STOP with the carebear crap !

All of those thousands of people that came to this game only came because they wanted an excting game ! They wanted the thrill.... the feeling of not being safe ANYWHERE after leaving Haven.
I remember I couldnt even go AFK inside town because I would probably be dead or in the least lose my mount. It was SUPER FUN.
You had to outsmart the criminals...hide properly, use your BRAIN.

Now, take a look at how ridiculous the game is today... I can leave my char OUTSIDE (I SAID OUTSIDE) Meduli, AFK for like 20 minutes, with 300 gold in my bag, because I am 100% sure he will be alive when I return from AFK.... Because if someone decides to attack me OUTSIDE town, he will be insta killed by five Lictor Guards !!!

I can go AFK outside town with 300 gold on me with NO RISK !!!

This sentence resumes the state of this game nowadays.
Very boring

I dont know about you all, but the only reason I havent quit this game yet is because I still put some faith in the Thieving System.

I wish they had a real player as lead game designer.
Any real player here would deliver better content than the current one. Its unbelievable.

Makes me feel irated, how come that the same company that delivered a great game is the same company that is destroying it.

For the last time, Devs : STOP PROTECTING AND BABY SITTING PLAYERS !!
Remove the excessive guards. Let it roll

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
This.
I miss the excitement of being in danger when extracting and refining. I miss the opportunity to snipe enemies and their horses from rooftops. I miss finding that one hard to reach balcony where guards would not go, sniping and waiting for someone to jump to that balcony and fight me.
Guards should not teleport, not one or two hit kill and they should be mortal.
In MO1 towns were not safe, they are now, and it is a bore. Speaking as a towndwelling crafter/merchant... possible thief and vigilante - if mechanics allow it.
The present state of affairs in blue towns, not only make it boring for the blues, it also make it impossible for them to hit back on their own turf.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This.
I miss the excitement of being in danger when extracting and refining. I miss the opportunity to snipe enemies and their horses from rooftops. I miss finding that one hard to reach balcony where guards would not go, sniping and waiting for someone to jump to that balcony and fight me.
Guards should not teleport, not one or two hit kill and they should be mortal.
In MO1 towns were not safe, they are now, and it is a bore. Speaking as a towndwelling crafter/merchant... possible thief and vigilante - if mechanics allow it.
The present state of affairs in blue towns, not only make it boring for the blues, it also make it impossible for them to hit back on their own turf.
Great realistic input from a gameplay that according to some are so in need of protection, guards, arbitrary punishment mechanics for criminals and so on.

This Is what the game Is supposed to be, somehow along the ride someone thought it would be clever to over condition cities interaction with guards protecting farming places. Like if the map wasn't big enough for people to find some degree of safety and they try to compensate the lack of a real tutorial making myrland cities something they shouldn't be in the first place.
The fact cities were unsafe in MO1 is what generally made them thrilling. The black alley concept for criminals got almost completly removed. As criminals are more forced to run parcels if they don't have a proper infrastructure for being negative standing.

Reactions: Jatix

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Is there a point to this post?
It's pointing out a clear problematic regarding development. You may not get it but seems the point Is make that problematic visible and expect SV to aknowledge it and players to debate about it.

This doesn't fit your criteria of usefullness, no wonder why.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Excellent post.
You said it all.

People came to this game because it was promised that we would have a hardcore game here, just like old UO or old MO1... With only very FEW safe places !!!

TONS AND TONS of NPC guards were placed in almost every god damn corner (EVEN OUTSIDE TOWN)... Guards insta killing... trinkets that stay with you upon death, jesus, please STOP with the carebear crap !

All of those thousands of people that came to this game only came because they wanted an excting game ! They wanted the thrill.... the feeling of not being safe ANYWHERE after leaving Haven.
I remember I couldnt even go AFK inside town because I would probably be dead or in the least lose my mount. It was SUPER FUN.

Now, take a look at how ridiculous the game is today... I can leave my char OUTSIDE (I SAID OUTSIDE) Meduli, AFK for like 20 minutes, with 300 gold in my bag, because I am 100% sure he will be alive when I return from AFK.... Because if someone decides to attack me OUTSIDE town, he will be insta killed by five Lictor Guards !!!

Very boring

I dont know about you all, but the only reason I havent quit this game yet is because I still put some faith in the Thieving System.

Any real player here would deliver better content than the current one. Its unbelievable.

Makes me feel irated, how come that the same company that delivered a great game is the same company that is destroying it.

If you're inside guard agro range you're not outside of Meduli. That is like saying you're outside of Tindrim and standing at the gates....lol

manure

May 7, 2022
If you're inside guard agro range you're not outside of Meduli. That is like saying you're outside of Tindrim and standing at the gates....lol

Hodo, for christ sake !!
Your sentence only proves that you arent aware of the problem in Meduli.

I challenge you... Go OUTSIDE Meduli... Leave the Stable, for example and go to the EAST.... When you get to those player houses, IN THE ROAD, you will see guards patrolling over there.
Try going gray over there AROUND PLAYER HOUSES !

And please dont say that area, with player houses, is inside Meduli !

HODO.. for christ sake. Those player houses are WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY outside Meduli.
Try going gray over there and see what happens man.

Then, come back here and apologize ! Lmao :ROFLMAO:

Seriously... Another example is : go INSIDE the Graveyard in Meduli... go right in the center of the cemetery ( That is NOOOOOOT inside Meduli, correct???)
Ok...once you are INSIDE the graveyard, try going gray... hit someones horse or do something evil just to become gray....
AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Then PLEASE come back here and tell everyone what happened to you !
But please do come back and tell us.
We wanna know if the lictor guards killed you with one or two hits

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I've seen people say time and time again that MO has no competition (not on this thread specifically). Its the only left of the genre. No other game captures the experience MO is going for. But current MO2 doesnt even do that. Its just a bad version of other games. Current MO doesnt even capture the experience MO is going for. The only way for MO2 to be what people say its supposed to be, is to remove the bad standing system and have MO1's criminal friendly system of only punishing murders. That opens many issues but also opens up every reason MO was actually fun and thrilling.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I challenge you... Go OUTSIDE Meduli... Leave the Stable, for example and go to the EAST.... When you get to those player houses, IN THE ROAD, you will see guards patrolling over there.
Try going gray over there AROUND PLAYER HOUSES !
But..but... Meduli expanded, that area is like a suburb to Meduli, to me it seems fair that there are a few guards on the road there. I dont like the GY guards though(and the teleporting almost invincible 1-2 shot guards).

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Excellent post.
You said it all.

Very boring

I call BS..

If red players actually wanted a hardcore MO they wouldnt cry when perm red gets suggested. There would alos be more people in places like Kranesh.. but its not like that.. in fact...you can be a KotO member and go afk in the middle of Kranesh. No, no... what the toxic members of the community want is their cake and eat it too. They want the guards, they just want less of them so they can still kill horses and rob people of molarium armor in the gy or brag about killing some guy in a guild they dont like in help chat while they yell racial slurs in voip.

I recently peeked in the unofficial discord..where the majority of these types of players are..and this isnt just normal in-game toxic players you find in pvp games... these are literal real life racists, homophobes, and sociopathic narcissists. Bunch of full grown adults acting like manchildren. It is extremely unfortunate too. Just reading a few hours worth was so bad I felt almost guilty playing the same game as them.

They are also the tiny, but very loud minority who come on here and discord whining about how bad the game is because ot doesn't fit within the narrative of them and their 5-10 constituents.

I hope the restrictions on sh**ter behavior gets even worse for them. They dont really belong in any gaming community. A cancer to society.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I call BS..

If red players actually wanted a hardcore MO they wouldnt cry when perm red gets suggested. There would alos be more people in places like Kranesh.. but its not like that.. in fact...you can be a KotO member and go afk in the middle of Kranesh. No, no... what the toxic members of the community want is their cake and eat it too. They want the guards, they just want less of them so they can still kill horses and rob people of molarium armor in the gy or brag about killing some guy in a guild they dont like in help chat while they yell racial slurs in voip.

I recently peeked in the unofficial discord..where the majority of these types of players are..and this isnt just normal in-game toxic players you find in pvp games... these are literal real life racists, homophobes, and sociopathic narcissists. Bunch of full grown adults acting like manchildren. It is extremely unfortunate too. Just reading a few hours worth was so bad I felt almost guilty playing the same game as them.

They are also the tiny, but very loud minority who come on here and discord whining about how bad the game is because ot doesn't fit within the narrative of them and their 5-10 constituents.

I hope the restrictions on sh**ter behavior gets even worse for them. They dont really belong in any gaming community. A cancer to society.
Most full red players who would live in places like kran also quit. Its not worth the time to roam and get like 1 low quality fight. I just want the game to offer some level of fun that doesnt require several hours to try and get. MO1 you could literally just play tindrem and have a good time, with lots of weird assorted encounters. MO2 just offers nothing, it goes out of its way to prevent people from doing anything.

But yes looting mmo pvp communities are usually really toxic and racist. Runescape actually has the same issue. You get killed farming in the wilderness by a mega team and they all flood the chat with the n word or something aids. So I'm convinced its most MMO's that have any looting pvp.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Except new players need a chance to farm a bit more safely so they can catch up now that the game is out long enough.

Also pulling the guards back to the gates would fix a lot.

If things aren't dangerous enough feeling its probably because the pop is lower now. Need to give people reasons to return to the game, capture interest in a variety of things no one thing will cover it all.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Except new players need a chance to farm a bit more safely so they can catch up now that the game is out long enough.

Also pulling the guards back to the gates would fix a lot.

If things aren't dangerous enough feeling its probably because the pop is lower now. Need to give people reasons to return to the game, capture interest in a variety of things no one thing will cover it all.
You know theres other cities right?

Technically, meduli has a smaller "guard zone" than several cities whos areas are much larger.

manure

May 7, 2022
But..but... Meduli expanded, that area is like a suburb to Meduli, to me it seems fair that there are a few guards on the road there. I dont like the GY guards though(and the teleporting almost invincible 1-2 shot guards).

Alright... I would accept the Meduli expansion if, AND ONLY IF, there was no possibility to mine infinite saburra within its limits... the way it is now, you can mine in 100% safety.
And you have player houses protected by guards !!!!!
How lame is that ?

And Im glad you agree with me that guards protecting the whole graveyard is an UNBELIEVABLY BAD DESIGNED solution to "help" players not getting ganked by other players...

I mean, come on... its the Graveyard !!! Its Meduli's graveyard.... not Haven !
What is the logic here ?

Way to kill immersion, Devs. Congratulations

manure

May 7, 2022
I call BS..

Man... perma red also sucks.
Its one of the many things that literally killed MO1. Stat loss was also unbelievably terrible...

The game has to be balanced.
If you completely destroy the evil side, making their gameplay totally unviable, nobody is gonna play evil.
Period.

So, if nobody is able to play the evil side, or only a very few percentage of masochist people accept playing with so many penalties, you get a boring and monotonous game.
Plain simple.

Now, about those stupid racists and idiots that trash talk... every game has their portion of that.
Just ignore.
Their fuel is YOUR ATTENTION.

Once you ignore an idiot, and he loses his audience, its gone.

Also, i ask you : do you really mind what some idiot is typing on a game ?
And its easy to notice when someone is acting like an idiot in game, isnt it ?

Let it go.
Move away.

Fact is : this game needs much less guards to become good again

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got some POVS from stuff everyone said, so excuse while I take quotes from all posts!

Racism/homoph, that's something at 11 or 12 some kids decided would add to the mental anguishes of people who they are competing against. I think such people should be banned from comp gaming/chatting w/e not because what they do is hurtful, but because it's so base and uncreative. That's not a MO only thing. Shoot you get on 2k and people are calling people white names haha. I grew up in 90s + net so those words you might call homophobic don't have the same meaning to me, but I see why they are offensive.

People needing a chance to farm up! NOPE. Haven... is there, and haven sucks, too! Haven takes a big part out of the economy. The pvp in this game starts as you spawn in. I don't wanna draw a picture, but imagine people flooding in and then at first you are all nothing, then people go into their TC spots, people group up, dislike some, like others... that's normal sandbox. Of the 20k~ people that were prol trying to play this game at launch, there's no way even w/ the expanded space, that the game could accommodate them. It's PVP! That's base pvp. Some people really can't make it in MO. The play another game thing is 'played out' but sometimes you can really tell someone to play another game because it's obvious they will only be upset with MO. Not everyone who says that is trolling!

I advocate for perma red, except without statloss and without being barred from cities. Perma red just = open pvp outside of guard range. So, we disagree on that, too. I'm not a hardcore pvper, but at least one of my chars would be perma red if those were the stipulations. I'm ready for open pvp. The other things: stat loss, not being able to use town, are just stupid.

All toggles in game, flags, systems, etc, can be exploited. I still think they should explore a 'during creation' kind of flag where you set out your type of player. Citizen, soldier, mercenary, bounty hunter, assassin, you know?

To me guards and static cities offer a base level of order. Like people should not be able to just gank you at storage. haha. You realize how wack of a game it would be with no guards? It would eventually work out, but a lot of people would get griefed out. But the law if anything is just to push people AWAY from towns. I don't know if I mind guards in the wild, but guards need to be way weaker, all of them! I'd like it if they were faster to react but a lot weaker. Like you step into a aggro range and bandits come running at you, you slap someone at the bank, it takes the guards a sec or two before they blow you up. Make the guards instant react, but let's see them hitting for player-like damage lol.

The main 'point of this post' is just that the "failure of MO1" and the "dream of MO2" brought in thousands of people who weren't really active (at least not the whole time, maybe they tried it) in beta. They know what it was. No need to change the game.