Dynamic Assessment of Mortal Online 2

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Alright... I would accept the Meduli expansion if, AND ONLY IF, there was no possibility to mine infinite saburra within its limits... the way it is now, you can mine in 100% safety.
And you have player houses protected by guards !!!!!
How lame is that ?

And Im glad you agree with me that guards protecting the whole graveyard is an UNBELIEVABLY BAD DESIGNED solution to "help" players not getting ganked by other players...

I mean, come on... its the Graveyard !!! Its Meduli's graveyard.... not Haven !
What is the logic here ?

Way to kill immersion, Devs. Congratulations
Ypu can do the same with granum in tind

manure

May 7, 2022
I advocate for perma red, except without statloss and without being barred from cities. Perma red just = open pvp outside of guard range. So, we disagree on that, too. I'm not a hardcore pvper, but at least one of my chars would be perma red if those were the stipulations. I'm ready for open pvp. The other things: stat loss, not being able to use town, are just stupid.

Oh yes... If there are no stat loss and reds can go inside towns, I agree 100% with you. It would just be like an old Shard in Ultima Online called Siege Perilous. It was PERFECT !
Reds could go inside towns. The reds couldnt make any criminal actions inside towns, obviously, or the guards would kill them. But if they didnt commit criminal acts, they could walk inside towns and bank peacefully.
Ah, and anyone could attack reds anywhere, even inside towns... which always generated cool town fights since the reds were able to defend themselves (whoever attacked reds went GRAY to them so they could retaliate).

You also spoke about guards being a bit less strong... Well, while I despise the idea of guards outside towns, id accept it if they didnt insta kill you.... I still would be able to do my criminal actions outside towns and AT LEAST have a minimal chance of escaping.
The way it is now is PATHETIC....

If i am in the wilderness, FAR AWAY FROM TOWN, and decide to go gray, i am insta killed by an ultra powerful guard that teleports to me.

Sometimes I have the impression that some people are not aware of this... I urge you all... TEST IT... Go see for yourself !!

If you live in the EAST, go to TOXAI... Leave town and start climbing the mountain pass, FAAAAARRRR from town... Then try to go GRAY over there... there wil lbe guards insta killing you !

If you live in the WEST, go to Meduli stable... then, start walking to east on the ROAD until you are super far away from town, around player houses, and TRY GOING GRAY over there.

Please come back here on the forums and let us know what happened to you.
Did you die by one or two shots ?

manure

May 7, 2022
Ypu can do the same with granum in tind

I know. I always use Meduli as example because its where the majority of players are... and because the Devs recenty exaggerated with guard protection, including even the whole Graveyard into safe area !

But, you will find guards patrolling the wilderness in Fabernum, Toxai and Morin Khur... Its beyond ridiculous.

Just leave the god damn guards inside town limits !!! And do not make them ultra strong...

I remember in the beginning of this year...it was so cool... there was an attack in Fabernum...like 30 reds came and started INVADING the town, killing people even inside towns... And the guards would fight them but could never INSTA KILL any of them.
Yet, the reds werent able to stay so long inside towns, they had to retreat from times to times because of the guards... It was BALANCED !

They should not have nerfed this..

Today, if you bring 50 reds to invade Fabernum, the invasion will last 2 seconds

1 second to enter guard area, and another second for the 50 reds to be INSTA KILLED.

Stupid Designers
Give us back what we had in February 2022 !!!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oh yes... If there are no stat loss and reds can go inside towns, I agree 100% with you. It would just be like an old Shard in Ultima Online called Siege Perilous. It was PERFECT !
Reds could go inside towns. The reds couldnt make any criminal actions inside towns, obviously, or the guards would kill them. But if they didnt commit criminal acts, they could walk inside towns and bank peacefully.
Ah, and anyone could attack reds anywhere, even inside towns... which always generated cool town fights since the reds were able to defend themselves (whoever attacked reds went GRAY to them so they could retaliate).

You also spoke about guards being a bit less strong... Well, while I despise the idea of guards outside towns, id accept it if they didnt insta kill you.... I still would be able to do my criminal actions outside towns and AT LEAST have a minimal chance of escaping.
The way it is now is PATHETIC....

If i am in the wilderness, FAR AWAY FROM TOWN, and decide to go gray, i am insta killed by an ultra powerful guard that teleports to me.

Sometimes I have the impression that some people are not aware of this... I urge you all... TEST IT... Go see for yourself !!

If you live in the EAST, go to TOXAI... Leave town and start climbing the mountain pass, FAAAAARRRR from town... Then try to go GRAY over there... there wil lbe guards insta killing you !

If you live in the WEST, go to Meduli stable... then, start walking to east on the ROAD until you are super far away from town, around player houses, and TRY GOING GRAY over there.

Please come back here on the forums and let us know what happened to you.
Did you die by one or two shots ?

yea I was gone before the guards I think, luckily haha. I'm not even "a hardcore pvper!" I also agree Lics shouldn't exist. There is no real place for them except maybe deep in the capitals. Maybe a few in strange locations so you can still get u some wingz etc if that becomes an option. Elite guards w/ bows and reg guards w/ melee.

I'm pretty sure I could use my sandbox mind to get a kill vs someone in a lot of positions tho, if they really are messing w/ that and teleporting guards that's luuul.

My one disagreement w/ red is I don't think fighting in town is fair. I mean... around town, but within the gates of town it should be no fighting reds. I mean, you can fight them, but the guards are gonna deter it. Just make it so once people are out of town you can fight freely.

Think about it: the whole blue pop is like SOMEONE TOOK MY LOOT AGHH MAKE MORE RULES. Yet, they think red being open pvp and being able to gang up on them and take their loot basically any time you want (or if you like them, leave them alone, TRUE REP SYSTEM) isn't enough, why isn't that the same thing?

Of course, people are gonna run in groups and make it harder to get kills, but still, content... it'll work out! As I said before, w/ a proper pvp system you don't even need a good war dec system imo.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

manure

May 7, 2022
yea I was gone before the guards I think, luckily haha. I'm not even "a hardcore pvper!" I also agree Lics shouldn't exist. There is no real place for them except maybe deep in the capitals. Maybe a few in strange locations so you can still get u some wingz etc if that becomes an option. Elite guards w/ bows and reg guards w/ melee.

I'm pretty sure I could use my sandbox mind to get a kill vs someone in a lot of positions tho, if they really are messing w/ that and teleporting guards that's luuul.

My one disagreement w/ red is I don't think fighting in town is fair. I mean... around town, but within the gates of town it should be no fighting reds. I mean, you can fight them, but the guards are gonna deter it. Just make it so once people are out of town you can fight freely.

Think about it: the whole blue pop is like SOMEONE TOOK MY LOOT AGHH MAKE MORE RULES. Yet, they think red being open pvp and being able to gang up on them and take their loot basically any time you want (or if you like them, leave them alone, TRUE REP SYSTEM) isn't enough, why isn't that the same thing?

Of course, people are gonna run in groups and make it harder to get kills, but still, content... it'll work out! As I said before, w/ a proper pvp system you don't even need a good war dec system imo.

Agreed !!!

There is a general common thought that I think its so wrong : People usually think REDs are those players who are veterans, that have been playing the game for months, years, and suddenly decided to use all of their high end gears to start killing people, or even newbies !
People often consider all reds cowards for killing newbies... or usually think reds need harder punishment because they re veterans and have every possible end game gear and houses.

Let me tell you something... Thats is NOT true.
I will tell about me, for example, but I know a lot of people who are in the same situation as me...

When I start a game like this, the only thing in my mind is to start doing evil stuff. I do not farm NPCs, I dont search for end game monsters or end game loot... What I do is run and quickly train my char at the maximum speed I can, to start doing what I enjoy as soon as possible... So, as soon as I get the minimal skills, I already start doing my evil acts... I dont care if Im gonna die or lose stuff, I risk everything and start attacking people anywhere, even without enough gold or whatever items. Maybe 80% of the people I attack have better gear or more gameplay time than me.

So, I dont need to be veteran with high gear to start attempting to pk. Those absurd rules they always want to aplly to reds arent fair.
Not all reds are end gamer pvpers!

Anyway, what this game needs is : BALANCE
Remove excessive guards and we will have a good game again.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hodo, for christ sake !!
Your sentence only proves that you arent aware of the problem in Meduli.

I challenge you... Go OUTSIDE Meduli... Leave the Stable, for example and go to the EAST.... When you get to those player houses, IN THE ROAD, you will see guards patrolling over there.
Try going gray over there AROUND PLAYER HOUSES !

And please dont say that area, with player houses, is inside Meduli !

HODO.. for christ sake. Those player houses are WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY outside Meduli.
Try going gray over there and see what happens man.

Then, come back here and apologize ! Lmao :ROFLMAO:

Seriously... Another example is : go INSIDE the Graveyard in Meduli... go right in the center of the cemetery ( That is NOOOOOOT inside Meduli, correct???)
Ok...once you are INSIDE the graveyard, try going gray... hit someones horse or do something evil just to become gray....
AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Then PLEASE come back here and tell everyone what happened to you !
But please do come back and tell us.
We wanna know if the lictor guards killed you with one or two hits

You realize the guards in Bakti extend out to the the road near the Graveyard? The guards in Mohki extend out the least distance followed up by the guards in Vadda.

The guards in Toxai extend all the way up to the bridge almost a full kilometer out of town. The guards in Morin Khur go 500m outside of town, the guards in Tindrim go to the gate and will engage out to the pond.

So tell me again how that is different than Meduli? Oh wait its because Koto is in Meduli so it is obviously favoritism.

manure

May 7, 2022
You realize the guards in Bakti extend out to the the road near the Graveyard? The guards in Mohki extend out the least distance followed up by the guards in Vadda.

The guards in Toxai extend all the way up to the bridge almost a full kilometer out of town. The guards in Morin Khur go 500m outside of town, the guards in Tindrim go to the gate and will engage out to the pond.

So tell me again how that is different than Meduli? Oh wait its because Koto is in Meduli so it is obviously favoritism.

No, man. I despise all of these you described. I am aware of them.
But I talk more about Meduli because that place is where we find most people in this game, and also it is where the Devs recently enhanced the protection...

And seriously... dont you think they exaggerated in Meduli ? They made the whole Graveyard a safe area.. and the reach of the guards around Meduli, in the wilderness is sooo long, its so far away from town that its only comparable to, maybe, Toxai's reach !

I despise and fight agaisnt any guards outside any town.
To me, they should be ONLY inside towns.
And even inside, they should never insta kill anyone

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
No, man. I despise all of these you described. I am aware of them.
But I talk more about Meduli because that place is where we find most people in this game, and also it is where the Devs recently enhanced the protection...

And seriously... dont you think they exaggerated in Meduli ? They made the whole Graveyard a safe area.. and the reach of the guards around Meduli, in the wilderness is sooo long, its so far away from town that its only comparable to, maybe, Toxai's reach !

I despise and fight agaisnt any guards outside any town.
To me, they should be ONLY inside towns.
And even inside, they should never insta kill anyone

Well guards have always been an issue, you learn to adapt and overcome. If you dont like dealing with guards near towns then dont fight near towns. I mean crazy idea but learn where the farming spots are if you want to gank randoms. If you want legit pvp scout out the enemy with spiritist and hunt them down with your group and catch them away from towns. Go to the larger dungeons that require groups to do and camp them with your group. You know... get better.

manure

May 7, 2022
Well guards have always been an issue, you learn to adapt and overcome. If you dont like dealing with guards near towns then dont fight near towns. I mean crazy idea but learn where the farming spots are if you want to gank randoms. If you want legit pvp scout out the enemy with spiritist and hunt them down with your group and catch them away from towns. Go to the larger dungeons that require groups to do and camp them with your group. You know... get better.

Yes, I know. Thats what I do...adapt.
But I miss the possibility of quick action... like, logging on and get some action in 5 minutes, you know ?
its not possible anymore.. Now you have to travel long distances to look for action, and its boring to ride 20 minutes or more to find anyone !

Around cities, we always had something going on... I think it was better that way.
Even if it was just a naked troublemaker being chased by a couple people. Better than nothing. Today we have NOTHING going on around towns.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agreed !!!

There is a general common thought that I think its so wrong : People usually think REDs are those players who are veterans, that have been playing the game for months, years, and suddenly decided to use all of their high end gears to start killing people, or even newbies !
People often consider all reds cowards for killing newbies... or usually think reds need harder punishment because they re veterans and have every possible end game gear and houses.

Let me tell you something... Thats is NOT true.
I will tell about me, for example, but I know a lot of people who are in the same situation as me...

When I start a game like this, the only thing in my mind is to start doing evil stuff. I do not farm NPCs, I dont search for end game monsters or end game loot... What I do is run and quickly train my char at the maximum speed I can, to start doing what I enjoy as soon as possible... So, as soon as I get the minimal skills, I already start doing my evil acts... I dont care if Im gonna die or lose stuff, I risk everything and start attacking people anywhere, even without enough gold or whatever items. Maybe 80% of the people I attack have better gear or more gameplay time than me.

So, I dont need to be veteran with high gear to start attempting to pk. Those absurd rules they always want to aplly to reds arent fair.
Not all reds are end gamer pvpers!

Anyway, what this game needs is : BALANCE
Remove excessive guards and we will have a good game again.

Yeah a lot of players like you are not able to play the game. SV does not understand what griefing is. Griefing, is, at least in my opinion, using unfair gameplay mechanics ( killing pets when they are so slow to react, etc, to do something that shouldn't be as easy. ) It's essential for people to be able to play like you want to play. I don't have the same viewpoint as you, but I want to play similarly, and there are many others. I want to be able to make my own choice without wondering how it's gonna affect someone else in every situation. It's not that MO isn't solo friendly... people end up in groups anyway, that's the point of a MO. You can't just be a total hermit, but the idea that if you come into MO and you're not gonna be able to survive is BS, OR, rather, in this level of the game it is probably true for your playstyle. Which is bad for the game. There is a reason mobs are trash. Players are the real content. You don't have to learn how to fight just learn how to STAY ALIVE.

Action drives the game, as said. People must be allowed to take action in MO. Siege is gonna give a momentary boost in pop (soontm) because people wanna DO SOMETHING and they finally will be able to. I mean, farming for trinkets is like stacking mats, it may potentially be worthwhile if MO ever becomes good, but at this point, it's not.

SV probably focuses too much on the player who died from BEING A NUB probably and then left a negative steam review and not enough on the player who was playing the game as intended then some day he realized his standing was below zero and, due to mechanics, he would have to quit or reroll and respec. And they've done people dirty like that repeatedly.

SV new philosophy: we can't limit grief so let's grief everyone!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
But I miss the possibility of quick action... like, logging on and get some action in 5 minutes, you know ?
its not possible anymore.. Now you have to travel long distances to look for action, and its boring to ride 20 minutes or more to find anyone !

Around cities, we always had something going on... I think it was better that way.
Even if it was just a naked troublemaker being chased by a couple people. Better than nothing. Today we have NOTHING going on around towns.

That is a common theme I see out of a lot of players. I see it all the time "I only have an hour to play and I want instant action". Well that sounds like a you problem not a game design problem.

manure

May 7, 2022
That is a common theme I see out of a lot of players. I see it all the time "I only have an hour to play and I want instant action". Well that sounds like a you problem not a game design problem.

Well, you may even be right. The changes were bad to me and to many others, it became our problems.
But Im only asking for them to at least give us back the same game we had in February 2022 ! That would be enough.

And the numbers dont lie. Just take a look at how many people were playing MO2 back then and how many are playing it today.

You gotta agree with me that SOMETHING really bad happened, right ?

Well, that SOMETHING is what we are fighting against.
Its the new rules and excessive guards.

Do you think the game is better today than in february ?

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

We got wiped by guards the first day the guards command came out by dreadlords uaing the /guard command while we hammered down their house on south beach....but yet everyone says "koto: guards!" The sh**ters will purposely blue block to use guards against us. If they cant get us to grey up they swim away. They will also say theres 20 of us when theres like 4 and some random locals and other mdf lol

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I got some POVS from stuff everyone said, so excuse while I take quotes from all posts!

Racism/homoph, that's something at 11 or 12 some kids decided would add to the mental anguishes of people who they are competing against. I think such people should be banned from comp gaming/chatting w/e not because what they do is hurtful, but because it's so base and uncreative. That's not a MO only thing. Shoot you get on 2k and people are calling people white names haha. I grew up in 90s + net so those words you might call homophobic don't have the same meaning to me, but I see why they are offensive.

People needing a chance to farm up! NOPE. Haven... is there, and haven sucks, too! Haven takes a big part out of the economy. The pvp in this game starts as you spawn in. I don't wanna draw a picture, but imagine people flooding in and then at first you are all nothing, then people go into their TC spots, people group up, dislike some, like others... that's normal sandbox. Of the 20k~ people that were prol trying to play this game at launch, there's no way even w/ the expanded space, that the game could accommodate them. It's PVP! That's base pvp. Some people really can't make it in MO. The play another game thing is 'played out' but sometimes you can really tell someone to play another game because it's obvious they will only be upset with MO. Not everyone who says that is trolling!

I advocate for perma red, except without statloss and without being barred from cities. Perma red just = open pvp outside of guard range. So, we disagree on that, too. I'm not a hardcore pvper, but at least one of my chars would be perma red if those were the stipulations. I'm ready for open pvp. The other things: stat loss, not being able to use town, are just stupid.

All toggles in game, flags, systems, etc, can be exploited. I still think they should explore a 'during creation' kind of flag where you set out your type of player. Citizen, soldier, mercenary, bounty hunter, assassin, you know?

To me guards and static cities offer a base level of order. Like people should not be able to just gank you at storage. haha. You realize how wack of a game it would be with no guards? It would eventually work out, but a lot of people would get griefed out. But the law if anything is just to push people AWAY from towns. I don't know if I mind guards in the wild, but guards need to be way weaker, all of them! I'd like it if they were faster to react but a lot weaker. Like you step into a aggro range and bandits come running at you, you slap someone at the bank, it takes the guards a sec or two before they blow you up. Make the guards instant react, but let's see them hitting for player-like damage lol.

The main 'point of this post' is just that the "failure of MO1" and the "dream of MO2" brought in thousands of people who weren't really active (at least not the whole time, maybe they tried it) in beta. They know what it was. No need to change the game.
Ok so pre-launch in beta, I'd get attacked or chased while farming Calx south of Fab at least once per 1/2 hour on average. Recently I did about 12 hours and only one time someone looked at me but then rode off.

Too safe? Not my fault. Im just here with a pick. Negative rep status is supposed to mean a cool down from PK'ing, assuming the player even wants to go into towns there. Now this overlooks that the players who could PK freely due to not needing towns probably aren't playing at all rn, so its a bit tricky to analyze correctly going forward.

I offer a basic solution: Perhaps what SV needs is to balance that out by letting PVE award rep? Monsters that give rep on killing or items that can be turned in to the Tasks guy (rep or clade award). Which IMO the Task guy seemed like they were going to add more eventually. Like Quests for MO but not the same as other games either.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
... there was no possibility to mine infinite saburra within its limits...

This is the biggest mistake regarding guarded zones, the ability for players to passively mine/gather with 0 risk. That defeats the whole concept of the game. Those who say "new people need safe areas to thrive" are justifying poor development under the premise people need safe places to AFK-grind.

When it should be exacly the opposite, making the exploration of a barren world more rewarding, because thats what the game needs, a healthy fluctuation of players populating and travelling the world as organically as possible, not afk miners in towns.

Understanding theres guards" to make noobies safe outside town is a small and shitty bandaid to balance progression and risk-reward is key to debate anything. Its the worst thing they could do, just mindlessly keep adding layers of placeholder content to fill up a massive hole in the pve concept and it's poor implementation.

Most of the people discussing this in this thread and forum have a very reductive and narrow vision of the role of guards in the game, and end up encouraging their placement in the world without proper changes. Noobs safety and progression depend on more things than just guards being added.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Well, you may even be right. The changes were bad to me and to many others, it became our problems.
But Im only asking for them to at least give us back the same game we had in February 2022 ! That would be enough.

And the numbers dont lie. Just take a look at how many people were playing MO2 back then and how many are playing it today.

You gotta agree with me that SOMETHING really bad happened, right ?

Well, that SOMETHING is what we are fighting against.
Its the new rules and excessive guards.

Do you think the game is better today than in february ?

I made my suggestions months ago.. if not a year ago. I suggested guards only in towns, and I am talking IN towns. I also suggested everyone is grey once you leave town range. Murders in town range are murder counts, and 5 murder counts in a region turns you red in that region. So if you kill 5 people in meduli inside guard range youre red in all tindrimic province towns but youre still blue in Khurite areas.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
We got wiped by guards the first day the guards command came out by dreadlords uaing the /guard command while we hammered down their house on south beach....but yet everyone says "koto: guards!" The sh**ters will purposely blue block to use guards against us. If they cant get us to grey up they swim away. They will also say theres 20 of us when theres like 4 and some random locals and other mdf lol

This is symptom of another issue. We have no way to take down houses or strongholds. You can actually build faster than anyone can damage it. It takes one person 10 minutes to get a house to 100k health. It takes 100 people 10 hours to take down a house with hammers.

If we could burn them down, or hit them with battering rams and knock them down that would make life so much simpler. But no... we have to wait god knows how long for this magical reworked siege system.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I call BS..

If red players actually wanted a hardcore MO they wouldnt cry when perm red gets suggested. There would alos be more people in places like Kranesh.. but its not like that.. in fact...you can be a KotO member and go afk in the middle of Kranesh. No, no... what the toxic members of the community want is their cake and eat it too. They want the guards, they just want less of them so they can still kill horses and rob people of molarium armor in the gy or brag about killing some guy in a guild they dont like in help chat while they yell racial slurs in voip.

I recently peeked in the unofficial discord..where the majority of these types of players are..and this isnt just normal in-game toxic players you find in pvp games... these are literal real life racists, homophobes, and sociopathic narcissists. Bunch of full grown adults acting like manchildren. It is extremely unfortunate too. Just reading a few hours worth was so bad I felt almost guilty playing the same game as them.

They are also the tiny, but very loud minority who come on here and discord whining about how bad the game is because ot doesn't fit within the narrative of them and their 5-10 constituents.

I hope the restrictions on sh**ter behavior gets even worse for them. They dont really belong in any gaming community. A cancer to society.

I've found a lot of people from koto being super toxic and racist in the game, saying really fucked up shit as i've seen them from many different guilds aswell.

The guard debate is actually much more than just "less guards so i can gank more" asumming the problematic is just that is super reductive and narrow minded, precisely because You don't understand how that configuration affects players gameplay for better or for worse.

It's not the narrative of 5-10 crybabys it's the narrative of a game that lost a lot of it's population. The PVP oriented people due to arbitrary idiotic punishments for pvp and a broken law system that fuck people even in consensual fights and the noobs or pve oriented people cuz of a bad learning curve, no content and the illusion of safety/punishment your kind is allways seeking in the wrong places.
Pretending the game is gonna or should punish every bad deed is naive to say the least and if it were any punishment should be in the hands of players and not npcs or hardbrake rules/mechanics for criminal playstyles.

I hope they don't restrict behavior, i'd hate to see mortal become a linear restrictive world crippled by punitive idiotic systems, without all it's player interaction and social potential.

I still don't get why people don't see the value of a world mostly configured by players and demand more artificial behavioral hardbrakes when players behavior should be encouraged instead.

I do not like what you consider this game should be, theres enough bullshit games out there, mortal's concept is somewhat rare in the gaming industry i don't see how anyone would like to go against one of the pillars in this game, which is player behavior and interaction.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

This isnt a battle royale though.... this is at its core...an mmorpg... not log in and kill people right away in some arcadey crap... i think for honor is more your style

Reactions: Hodo